Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,893 members, 7,828,157 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:41 AM

The Nuisance Of Splashing Water On Pedestrains During Rain By Car Drivers - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / The Nuisance Of Splashing Water On Pedestrains During Rain By Car Drivers (24199 Views)

Washing Car During Rain Season Is Like Wasting Money. Do You Wash? / 7 Driving Position Mistakes Car Drivers Make / Top 10 Hottest Female Race Car Drivers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Nuisance Of Splashing Water On Pedestrains During Rain By Car Drivers by Sijo01(f): 4:32pm On Jul 23, 2019
Jason007:
if you have a car , you would understand that most times it's not intentional. just have to watch how you walk on the side walk.

Any right thinking driver should know that water will splash on pedestrians/other road users when speed is maintained in a water log area.

1 Like

Re: The Nuisance Of Splashing Water On Pedestrains During Rain By Car Drivers by Bizibi(m): 4:32pm On Jul 23, 2019
I'm guilty of this when driving in the rain but sometimes we don't even know until it splashes on someone.I've been a victim too.
Re: The Nuisance Of Splashing Water On Pedestrains During Rain By Car Drivers by Yuneehk(f): 4:32pm On Jul 23, 2019
Eberex:
Keke napep are worse o. They drive as if they are possessed
Keke napep worse, I agree. Okada riders are worst!
Re: The Nuisance Of Splashing Water On Pedestrains During Rain By Car Drivers by victorian(f): 4:33pm On Jul 23, 2019
Opinedecandid:
Most times it's not deloberate, op.
I used to feel that way until I started to drive.
It cannot actually be avoided.

It simply shows most nigerians are selfish and self centered.

When i drive during rainy season, i always remember people walking by the side lanes and moreover if i speed on water too much , especialy muddy water my car will get stained as well.

So please car owners be considerate about other people using the road. Remember when u guys were using those leggedz benz before your precious car came into the picture .
Just be considerate ,it wont hurt.

4 Likes

Re: The Nuisance Of Splashing Water On Pedestrains During Rain By Car Drivers by Blackfire(m): 4:34pm On Jul 23, 2019
Olarewaju89:
Are you normal at all..? undecided undecided

Come olarewaju abi. na olareyin , at 30 you don't have sense, see how your father is looking at you with his ileya 's cloth.

Oponu arindin , ikeji okola.

1 Like

Re: The Nuisance Of Splashing Water On Pedestrains During Rain By Car Drivers by Bizibi(m): 4:34pm On Jul 23, 2019
I'm guilty of this when driving in the rain but sometimes we don't even know until it splashes on someone.I've also been at the receiving end too. When you own a car you will understand that sometimes it is not intentional.

1 Like

Re: The Nuisance Of Splashing Water On Pedestrains During Rain By Car Drivers by Nobody: 4:35pm On Jul 23, 2019
Never experienced it before.
Re: The Nuisance Of Splashing Water On Pedestrains During Rain By Car Drivers by kaziblake(f): 4:36pm On Jul 23, 2019
One splashed water on me but his saving grace grace is rthat he came down to apologise but i cried that day..i was heading to work on a monday morning putting on a white siffon top..i was looking so dirty and rough mehn
Re: The Nuisance Of Splashing Water On Pedestrains During Rain By Car Drivers by kaziblake(f): 4:37pm On Jul 23, 2019
Iogobenz:
Do you do all the things you are SUPPOSE to do in life? undecided
Mr car owner i dont understand what you just typed...
Re: The Nuisance Of Splashing Water On Pedestrains During Rain By Car Drivers by Iogobenz(m): 4:39pm On Jul 23, 2019
kaziblake:
Mr car owner i dont understand what you just typed...
you said drivers are suppose to slow down when they see pedestrians close to water puddles,that is why I asked if you do all the things you are SUPPOSE to do in life?
Re: The Nuisance Of Splashing Water On Pedestrains During Rain By Car Drivers by simple250: 4:39pm On Jul 23, 2019
Tell your government to repair bad roads ..
Re: The Nuisance Of Splashing Water On Pedestrains During Rain By Car Drivers by Thegamingorca(m): 4:40pm On Jul 23, 2019
creolehunt:

So anyone walking is a poor person, and anyone driving is a rich person.

Poverty and harsh economic realities means that even the basic acquisitions are seen as luxuries in Africa.

It's funny. Abroad, the rich board trains and fly economic class.
Re: The Nuisance Of Splashing Water On Pedestrains During Rain By Car Drivers by Ikengawo: 4:40pm On Jul 23, 2019
Jason007:
if you have a car , you would understand that most times it's not intentional. just have to watch how you walk on the side walk.

it is always 100% intentional. Travel around the world and you'll find that it is uncommon. When you see people and see a puddle, slow down and moves out of the way of the water so that the people aren't hit. There's no progress in a society without empathy.

6 Likes

Re: The Nuisance Of Splashing Water On Pedestrains During Rain By Car Drivers by Iogobenz(m): 4:40pm On Jul 23, 2019
Thegamingorca:

It's funny. Abroad, the rich board trains and fly economic class.
lies!
Re: The Nuisance Of Splashing Water On Pedestrains During Rain By Car Drivers by Thegamingorca(m): 4:42pm On Jul 23, 2019
Iogobenz:
lies!

Fine
Re: The Nuisance Of Splashing Water On Pedestrains During Rain By Car Drivers by Jason007: 4:42pm On Jul 23, 2019
Sijo01:

Any right thinking driver should know that water will splash on pedestrians/other road users when speed is maintained in a water log area.

Everyone who drives a car is a right thinking person. it's easier said than done as you put it. believe me even the purest of hearts make the mistake. they either horn ( to apologize ) or slow down to apologize.

2 Likes

Re: The Nuisance Of Splashing Water On Pedestrains During Rain By Car Drivers by Iogobenz(m): 4:43pm On Jul 23, 2019
Thegamingorca:

Fine
good.
Next time,don't mistake middle class for rich.
Peace.
Re: The Nuisance Of Splashing Water On Pedestrains During Rain By Car Drivers by Justiceleague1: 4:43pm On Jul 23, 2019
Lordofalligbos nyamiri KINGOFALLIGBOS Adolfhitlerxxx yorubawarrior harlem2 are just staring at this thread....they are wondering how they can explain splashing pedestrians with their single auto wheeler wheelbarrow
grin grin grin grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Nuisance Of Splashing Water On Pedestrains During Rain By Car Drivers by Thegamingorca(m): 4:43pm On Jul 23, 2019
Ikengawo:

it is always 100% intentional. Travel around the world and you'll find that it is uncommon. When you see people and see a puddle, slow down and moves out of the way of the water so that the people aren't hit. There's no progress in a society without empathy.

It's not oh.

Abroad you won't see ppl getting splashed unnecessarily cos you won't see potholes
Re: The Nuisance Of Splashing Water On Pedestrains During Rain By Car Drivers by kaziblake(f): 4:44pm On Jul 23, 2019
Iogobenz:
you said drivers are suppose to slow down when they see pedestrians close to water puddles,that is why I asked if you do all the things you are SUPPOSE to do in life?
This one is so different from what we are currently saying..You sound like someone who will splash water on pedestrians and wont apologise..As long as you drive a vehicle on a raining day you are suppossed to drive carefully if not.......

1 Like

Re: The Nuisance Of Splashing Water On Pedestrains During Rain By Car Drivers by Iogobenz(m): 4:46pm On Jul 23, 2019
kaziblake:
This one is so different from what we are currently saying..You sound like someone who will splash water on pedestrians and wont apologise..As long as you drive a vehicle on a raining day you are suppossed to drive carefully if not.......
I might be coming fast and not see a puddle in time or underanticipate the level of splatter that velocity will cause...
That's what I am saying!
Re: The Nuisance Of Splashing Water On Pedestrains During Rain By Car Drivers by pilot77(m): 4:46pm On Jul 23, 2019
Such attitudes arise from poverty of the mind. People should learn to be humane. It's bad enough that the drainage systems are blocked due to bad attitudes as well.

3 Likes

Re: The Nuisance Of Splashing Water On Pedestrains During Rain By Car Drivers by kaziblake(f): 4:49pm On Jul 23, 2019
Iogobenz:
I might be coming fast and not see a puddle in time or underanticipate the level of splatter that velocity will cause...
That's what I am saying!
I dont care..Slow down if you see people uncle...

3 Likes

Re: The Nuisance Of Splashing Water On Pedestrains During Rain By Car Drivers by Iogobenz(m): 4:49pm On Jul 23, 2019
kaziblake:
I dont care..Slow down if you see people uncle...
come and make me slow down na undecided
Re: The Nuisance Of Splashing Water On Pedestrains During Rain By Car Drivers by Glorymax: 4:51pm On Jul 23, 2019
Had a very bitter experience of such act. I went to inspect a property and while coming back, used Keke, an oncoming car splashed dirty water on my snow white shirt. The man didn't stop either, and I had plan to visit public arena after my inspection that day.
It was really painful and sad. Even after several treatment on the shirt, can still spot some of the stain. Anyway, that's an old story now as it can't happen often again.
For those who said this act is not intentional, I can not remember driving on a wet/water logged road and splashing a pedestrian water. I don't even fancy washing the car underneath with those water. Just slow down and pass through.

1 Like

Re: The Nuisance Of Splashing Water On Pedestrains During Rain By Car Drivers by kaziblake(f): 4:52pm On Jul 23, 2019
Iogobenz:
come and make me slow down na undecided
I have just advised you for free...We sef go soon buy car too
Re: The Nuisance Of Splashing Water On Pedestrains During Rain By Car Drivers by Iogobenz(m): 4:54pm On Jul 23, 2019
kaziblake:
I have just advised you for free...We sef go soon buy car too
ok.you go soon find out it mostly happen by accident.

1 Like

Re: The Nuisance Of Splashing Water On Pedestrains During Rain By Car Drivers by kevoh(m): 4:55pm On Jul 23, 2019
Tina26:
When you start driving you would understand
There is nothing to understand. There's nothing mysterious or special in driving cars. Those that splash water are basically terrible drivers. And no, buying your own car is not the solution. You can still get water splashed on you even if you owned a car. You could just be taking a stroll down your street to buy boiled or roasted corn and some idiot driver will zoom in top speed and still splash water on you or even do worse and knock you down.

7 Likes

Re: The Nuisance Of Splashing Water On Pedestrains During Rain By Car Drivers by Nobody: 4:58pm On Jul 23, 2019
I swore to buy a car in future with the way one nuisance inside a jeep splashed dirty mud water on my white. bleeping nuisance.
Re: The Nuisance Of Splashing Water On Pedestrains During Rain By Car Drivers by kaziblake(f): 4:59pm On Jul 23, 2019
Iogobenz:
ok.you go soon find out it mostly happen by accident.
it wont happen because we will drive carefully and we wont oppress Pedestrains too..

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Photo Of The First Nigerian Woman To Buy A Car And Her History / My 07/08 Camry Dashboard Is Melting: Sticky! / 10 Facts About Volkswagen Beetle You Probably Never Knew

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.