Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,474 members, 7,836,875 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:55 PM

The Nuisance Of Splashing Water On Pedestrains During Rain By Car Drivers - Car Talk (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / The Nuisance Of Splashing Water On Pedestrains During Rain By Car Drivers (24225 Views)

Washing Car During Rain Season Is Like Wasting Money. Do You Wash? / 7 Driving Position Mistakes Car Drivers Make / Top 10 Hottest Female Race Car Drivers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Nuisance Of Splashing Water On Pedestrains During Rain By Car Drivers by sonnie10: 9:08pm On Jul 23, 2019
betterpikinn:

So, buying a car can make one senseless?
If you have a car, you won’t be asking this question.
Double your hustle.
Re: The Nuisance Of Splashing Water On Pedestrains During Rain By Car Drivers by Exodora: 9:27pm On Jul 23, 2019
Jason007:
if you have a car , you would understand that most times it's not intentional. just have to watch how you walk on the side walk.

Did I hear you say side walk. Some few weeks ago I was in a keke the next thing I saw my white has turn muddy .
Today again as I was coming it happened again luckily for me I was not sitting on that particular side of the keke.
Re: The Nuisance Of Splashing Water On Pedestrains During Rain By Car Drivers by Ikengawo: 9:44pm On Jul 23, 2019
Thegamingorca:

It's not oh.

Abroad you won't see ppl getting splashed unnecessarily cos you won't see potholes

Everywhere has potholes. Some less than others either way most roads 'abroad' are curved so that rain water runs to the sides, reducing rain damage long term. This creates sides with pools or water. Though I don't think splashing people is a 'nigerian' thing, others do it to, it's a 'stupid people' thing.

1 Like

Re: The Nuisance Of Splashing Water On Pedestrains During Rain By Car Drivers by betterpikinn: 9:59pm On Jul 23, 2019
sonnie10:

If you have a car, you won’t be asking this question.
Double your hustle.
Lol
Not even one is living from hand to mouth like many of you here...
FYI, I'm driving my fourth car and this present one was bought BRAND NEW this year.
Re: The Nuisance Of Splashing Water On Pedestrains During Rain By Car Drivers by mercy87(f): 10:00pm On Jul 23, 2019
I am not surprised at the comments I'm seeing. It will even be worse than this in years to come. Values are gradually dying out. No sense of Empathy and humaneness.

1 Like

Re: The Nuisance Of Splashing Water On Pedestrains During Rain By Car Drivers by sonnie10: 10:24pm On Jul 23, 2019
betterpikinn:

Lol
Not even one is living from hand to mouth like many of you here...
FYI, I'm driving my fourth car and this present one was bought BRAND NEW this year.
On social media, people who boost of brand new car are probably still paying off on their keke
Re: The Nuisance Of Splashing Water On Pedestrains During Rain By Car Drivers by betterpikinn: 10:46pm On Jul 23, 2019
sonnie10:

On social media, people who boost of brand new car are probably still paying off on their keke
In your face!
Re: The Nuisance Of Splashing Water On Pedestrains During Rain By Car Drivers by Basher8583: 12:40am On Jul 24, 2019
Broadsway:
I remember when I was in Final year at the University of Lagos, I had just finished my second semester exam and decided to go home to rest for a bit after exams. This faithful Saturday morning, it had rained during the night and so I didn't see no reason why I should not go home and enjoy my weekend. I put on one of my best clothes and headed out. I boarded a Danfo bus heading to yaba, the road was flooded and unfortunately for me, the drivers windows were out. I sat down majestically at the front, on getting to WAEC busstop, a Sienna car drove past on high speed, splashing water and soaking most of the passengers in the bus. Through the back windscreen of the Sienna, I could see the lady in the front seat turn back and was laughing hysterically.

I had never felt so downcasted in my life as I felt at that moment. I thought it could never get worse until I got to ikeja and another slowpoke splashed water on me, I could feel the tears build up in my eyes as I wondered what I did wrong that day or if I was jinxed.

It's been 3years now since that fateful day, heading towards Lagos island now, I saw a Honda car with plate number LSR5... , zoom fast and splashed water on a cart pusher, the driver loved what he did and did it again to another passerby, I felt so angry in my spirit that I had to get the plate number of the car and write out this piece.

It's so bad that alot of car drivers feel they have made it in this world and that Pedestrains should be treated with disgust during raining season. This is a bad attitude and we must put a stop to this.

Thanks for reading.

He who goes to the waterside should not complain when he gets wet.
I expect it when walking near the road. No complaints when i get splashed with water. Wetin I dey find for dia in the first place.
Re: The Nuisance Of Splashing Water On Pedestrains During Rain By Car Drivers by Magnoliaa(f): 1:20am On Jul 24, 2019
Blackfire:
Poor people eh....

Car you no get, people drive there car you complain..... Poor people are winch .

Keep quiet.

1 Like

Re: The Nuisance Of Splashing Water On Pedestrains During Rain By Car Drivers by azpekuliar: 4:13am On Jul 24, 2019
@Broadsway

It is your responsibility to be mindful when walking next to a puddle of water on the road or a flooded road on a rainy day.

As a driver as a mater of caution and safety I never plough through a flooded road with my vehicle, but the responsibility ultimately lies with you the pedestrian because between you and that motorist you have the most flexibility.
Re: The Nuisance Of Splashing Water On Pedestrains During Rain By Car Drivers by archat: 6:10am On Jul 24, 2019
no when u bought ur car u became ignorant
Re: The Nuisance Of Splashing Water On Pedestrains During Rain By Car Drivers by archat: 6:11am On Jul 24, 2019
ur papa na lucifer idiot
Re: The Nuisance Of Splashing Water On Pedestrains During Rain By Car Drivers by Harlem2(m): 8:26am On Jul 24, 2019
Justiceleague1:
Lordofalligbos nyamiri KINGOFALLIGBOS Adolfhitlerxxx yorubawarrior harlem2 are just staring at this thread....they are wondering how they can explain splashing pedestrians with their single auto wheeler wheelbarrow
grin grin grin grin grin

Wow
I don't even have the wheelbarrow
Re: The Nuisance Of Splashing Water On Pedestrains During Rain By Car Drivers by Ajibade123(m): 10:30am On Jul 24, 2019
That thing can be really annoying some car users won't Even apologize instead they will be looking at you as if they have made it in life

anyway check this out if you have one ever considered podcast as a business strategy
https://explicitsuccess.com/podcast-marketing-strategy/
Re: The Nuisance Of Splashing Water On Pedestrains During Rain By Car Drivers by Blackfire(m): 11:34am On Jul 24, 2019
iamfromlagos:

*yimu*.

Try me mami
Re: The Nuisance Of Splashing Water On Pedestrains During Rain By Car Drivers by Opinedecandid(m): 2:51pm On Jul 25, 2019
victorian:

Most times is not all times.

It simply shows most nigerians are selfish and self centered.

When i drive during rainy season, i always remember people walking by the side lanes and moreover if i speed on water too much , especialy muddy water my car will get stained as well.

So please car owners be considerate about other people using the road. Remember when u guys were using those leggedz benz before your precious car came into the picture .
Just be considerate ,it wont hurt.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Burning Bus At Toll Gate 7up Going To BERGER / 5 Annoying Things People Do With Their Phone In Danfo Buses / 10 Facts About Volkswagen Beetle You Probably Never Knew

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.