Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,484 members, 7,836,894 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:08 PM

The Nuisance Of Splashing Water On Pedestrains During Rain By Car Drivers - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / The Nuisance Of Splashing Water On Pedestrains During Rain By Car Drivers (24226 Views)

Washing Car During Rain Season Is Like Wasting Money. Do You Wash? / 7 Driving Position Mistakes Car Drivers Make / Top 10 Hottest Female Race Car Drivers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Nuisance Of Splashing Water On Pedestrains During Rain By Car Drivers by Iogobenz(m): 5:00pm On Jul 23, 2019
kaziblake:
it wont happen because we will drive carefully and we wont oppress Pedestrains too..
ok

1 Like

Re: The Nuisance Of Splashing Water On Pedestrains During Rain By Car Drivers by gazilion: 5:01pm On Jul 23, 2019
In summary, All drivers should be careful and mindful of other road users!
When we drive with Care and Love your neighbor attitude, these complaints will be far less.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Nuisance Of Splashing Water On Pedestrains During Rain By Car Drivers by kevoh(m): 5:02pm On Jul 23, 2019
creolehunt:

So anyone walking is a poor person, and anyone driving is a rich person.

Poverty and harsh economic realities means that even the basic acquisitions are seen as luxuries in Africa.

Abeg help me tell them. Even as a car owner, you can get water splashed on you while strolling on your street. Nigerians can be annoying. Instead of cautioning these terrible drivers to end this trend, they are saying buying your own car is the solution. And we then wonder why this country is in shambles.

7 Likes

Re: The Nuisance Of Splashing Water On Pedestrains During Rain By Car Drivers by ADMAF(m): 5:05pm On Jul 23, 2019
Kseafresh:
Eya, Ndo...U pipu shud call me when this post reaches front page
E don reach oo. Food is ready

1 Like

Re: The Nuisance Of Splashing Water On Pedestrains During Rain By Car Drivers by kaziblake(f): 5:06pm On Jul 23, 2019
Iogobenz:
ok
Yea
Re: The Nuisance Of Splashing Water On Pedestrains During Rain By Car Drivers by goshen26: 5:06pm On Jul 23, 2019
I once had same experience in JS2 (2001)

I was walking home after school that day, rain had just stopped. I was walking down Enitan street to pako (Aguda), and this yellow bus just sped past me splashing the dirty water on a little (me).

I looked with rage to curse him but a force held my voice and just smiled and I continued my endurance trek

2 Likes

Re: The Nuisance Of Splashing Water On Pedestrains During Rain By Car Drivers by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:07pm On Jul 23, 2019
Pattypatt:
I swore to buy a car in future with the way one nuisance inside a jeep splashed dirty mud water in mg white. bleeping nuisance.
Oh nooo. don't mind him/her.
You will buy a car soon, pretty soon.
But don't splash h20 on people o.
Move on.........

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Nuisance Of Splashing Water On Pedestrains During Rain By Car Drivers by oyoofong(m): 5:17pm On Jul 23, 2019
This guy did this same thing to me while serving in ZM.I ran after him and told him he's stupid.It was one of my best baff-up that day.

1 Like

Re: The Nuisance Of Splashing Water On Pedestrains During Rain By Car Drivers by portacabin: 5:17pm On Jul 23, 2019
Broadsway:
I remember when I was in Final year at the University of Lagos, I had just finished my second semester exam and decided to go home to rest for a bit after exams. This faithful Saturday morning, it had rained during the night and so I didn't see no reason why I should not go home and enjoy my weekend. I put on one of my best clothes and headed out. I boarded a Danfo bus heading to yaba, the road was flooded and unfortunately for me, the drivers windows were out. I sat down majestically at the front, on getting to WAEC busstop, a Sienna car drove past on high speed, splashing water and soaking most of the passengers in the bus. Through the back windscreen of the Sienna, I could see the lady in the front seat turn back and was laughing hysterically.

I had never felt so downcasted in my life as I felt at that moment. I thought it could never get worse until I got to ikeja and another slowpoke splashed water on me, I could feel the tears build up in my eyes as I wondered what I did wrong that day or if I was jinxed.

It's been 3years now since that fateful day, heading towards Lagos island now, I saw a Honda car with plate number LSR5... , zoom fast and splashed water on a cart pusher, the driver loved what he did and did it again to another passerby, I felt so angry in my spirit that I had to get the plate number of the car and write out this piece.

It's so bad that alot of car drivers feel they have made it in this world and that Pedestrains should be treated with disgust during raining season. This is a bad attitude and we must put a stop to this.

Thanks for reading.
probably you don't drive

1 Like

Re: The Nuisance Of Splashing Water On Pedestrains During Rain By Car Drivers by raphy(m): 5:20pm On Jul 23, 2019
Some don't know when they do it.when you let them.know they will say sorry that's all..

I love jogging in the rain on weekends so I got a lot of water splash on me on the road by cars
I never stop I keep on.going..

Even some danfo buses that left there door open some cars will speed pass and splash water that will flew right inside and wet many people they will began to swear ya tire go burst .

I always here that in buses.

Funny world.
Re: The Nuisance Of Splashing Water On Pedestrains During Rain By Car Drivers by seunmsg(m): 5:21pm On Jul 23, 2019
adedayoa2:
Not nice, my own na bike mam splash me water wey pain me pass. I just bought the jeggings that year and I wore it for the first time. Thank God I was still close to my house but the stupid Hausa man didn't stop to say sorry.

It is mostly unintentional. I’ve been at the giving and receiving end of water splashing and I understand the feelings on both sides. It is an unavoidable part of transporting in Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: The Nuisance Of Splashing Water On Pedestrains During Rain By Car Drivers by dikeigbo2(m): 5:22pm On Jul 23, 2019
sometimes its not motorists fault.....padestrians should be mindful of that situation,either you wait or walk fast before the car...to avoid that unpleasant moment.

2 Likes

Re: The Nuisance Of Splashing Water On Pedestrains During Rain By Car Drivers by iamfromlagos(f): 5:22pm On Jul 23, 2019
Blackfire:
Poor people eh....

Car you no get, people drive there car you complain..... Poor people are winch .
I'm sure the car you bought is not tear rubber o.
Be driving second hand car and be doing shakara.

2 Likes

Re: The Nuisance Of Splashing Water On Pedestrains During Rain By Car Drivers by EzeIgboNwaChukwu(m): 5:32pm On Jul 23, 2019
Jason007:
if you have a car , you would understand that most times it's not intentional. just have to watch how you walk on the side walk.

ZikZikZik:
Sometimes no be person fault..
Some people might actually be in a hurry and I doubt many people do it intentionally. Na for everybody to buy their own grin

and most of them even after splashing are not even aware of it

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Nuisance Of Splashing Water On Pedestrains During Rain By Car Drivers by Xammie001(m): 5:33pm On Jul 23, 2019
It May be a covenant he has promised to do or maybe a pay back
just kidding
Re: The Nuisance Of Splashing Water On Pedestrains During Rain By Car Drivers by Aladdin1(m): 5:34pm On Jul 23, 2019
that thing dey pain!!!
Re: The Nuisance Of Splashing Water On Pedestrains During Rain By Car Drivers by Blackfire(m): 5:35pm On Jul 23, 2019
iamfromlagos:

I'm sure the car you bought is not tear rubber o.
Be driving second hand car and be doing shakara.

Babe where you go dey this weekend, make I appear show you spending....

Gbagbe .... When you see you confirm...

Send me PM make we connect.
Re: The Nuisance Of Splashing Water On Pedestrains During Rain By Car Drivers by khalids: 5:44pm On Jul 23, 2019
Make police catch you for Canada or UK, splashing pedestrians and sorry will be your case......But for Naija OYO is the case unless na VIP person

1 Like

Re: The Nuisance Of Splashing Water On Pedestrains During Rain By Car Drivers by Emereze360(m): 5:48pm On Jul 23, 2019
I remember when I bought my first car in 90s I took it as a duty to splash water on water until I mistakenly drove in to river with the mindset of splashing water on the canoe paddlers and fishermen unluckily for me I got drowned and that was how I died !!!
Re: The Nuisance Of Splashing Water On Pedestrains During Rain By Car Drivers by walexGodson(m): 6:12pm On Jul 23, 2019
Kseafresh:
Eya, Ndo...U pipu shud call me when this post reaches front page
(Phone ring)grrrrrrrrrrnnnnnnnnn
Re: The Nuisance Of Splashing Water On Pedestrains During Rain By Car Drivers by Nostradamus: 6:44pm On Jul 23, 2019
I mistakenly splashed water on some cute futa girls three days ago.wanted to stop and apologize and see maybe I can even end up screwing one of them,but the deadly insults that followed(one of them has an unusually loud voice,she sound like a tout.i swear I heard her saying 'Boda tiyin o ni da,ema sofo ni)made me angry I just decide to leave them alone.i hate ladies who angry unnecessarily,they could see I was preparing to park properly and come apologize to them but still decide to spill curses...

One thing most Nigerians forget is that it's always done unintentionally.no sane person love splashing water on passers-by just for fun,but when the victim becomes extra aggressive and totally unreasonable,then I believe the driver should just damn the victim,give him/her the middle-finger and enjoy his ride in peace.

1 Like

Re: The Nuisance Of Splashing Water On Pedestrains During Rain By Car Drivers by karma2000: 6:47pm On Jul 23, 2019
ZikZikZik:
Some people might actually be in a hurry and I doubt many people do it intentionally. Na for everybody to buy their own grin
im sure u were not blind read that a useless olosho opportunist arrogant hag laughed stupidly in the first instance
Re: The Nuisance Of Splashing Water On Pedestrains During Rain By Car Drivers by karma2000: 6:48pm On Jul 23, 2019
ZikZikZik:
im sure u were not blind read that a useless olosho opportunist arrogant hag laughed stupidly in the first instance u are playing with karma of greed and arrogancy
Re: The Nuisance Of Splashing Water On Pedestrains During Rain By Car Drivers by Avalani(m): 6:59pm On Jul 23, 2019
Broadsway:
I remember when I was in Final year at the University of Lagos, I had just finished my second semester exam and decided to go home to rest for a bit after exams. This faithful Saturday morning, it had rained during the night and so I didn't see no reason why I should not go home and enjoy my weekend. I put on one of my best clothes and headed out. I boarded a Danfo bus heading to yaba, the road was flooded and unfortunately for me, the drivers windows were out. I sat down majestically at the front, on getting to WAEC busstop, a Sienna car drove past on high speed, splashing water and soaking most of the passengers in the bus. Through the back windscreen of the Sienna, I could see the lady in the front seat turn back and was laughing hysterically.

I had never felt so downcasted in my life as I felt at that moment. I thought it could never get worse until I got to ikeja and another slowpoke splashed water on me, I could feel the tears build up in my eyes as I wondered what I did wrong that day or if I was jinxed.

It's been 3years now since that fateful day, heading towards Lagos island now, I saw a Honda car with plate number LSR5... , zoom fast and splashed water on a cart pusher, the driver loved what he did and did it again to another passerby, I felt so angry in my spirit that I had to get the plate number of the car and write out this piece.

It's so bad that alot of car drivers feel they have made it in this world and that Pedestrains should be treated with disgust during raining season. This is a bad attitude and we must put a stop to this.

Thanks for reading.

I appreciate your post especially since I sense that it's coming from a good place.

It just occurred to me though that if our roads and drainages built by our able government weren't so bad and poorly maintained, maybe this would not be so regular.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Nuisance Of Splashing Water On Pedestrains During Rain By Car Drivers by iamfromlagos(f): 7:07pm On Jul 23, 2019
Blackfire:

Babe where you go dey this weekend, make I appear show you spending....
Gbagbe .... When you see you confirm...

Send me PM make we connect.
*yimu*.

1 Like

Re: The Nuisance Of Splashing Water On Pedestrains During Rain By Car Drivers by emmnprince(m): 7:22pm On Jul 23, 2019
Some do it unintentionally and apologized if their attention is drawn to it. And those ones that do it intentionally, look back and laugh are thoughtless and have no common sense. Even common sense is not common these days.
Re: The Nuisance Of Splashing Water On Pedestrains During Rain By Car Drivers by ksstroud: 7:46pm On Jul 23, 2019
When you are in a useless country, what do you expect
Re: The Nuisance Of Splashing Water On Pedestrains During Rain By Car Drivers by Broadsway(f): 8:09pm On Jul 23, 2019
Avalani:

I appreciate your post especially since I sense that it's coming from a good place.

It just occurred to me though that if our roads and drainages built by our able government weren't so bad and poorly maintained, maybe this would not be so regular.
thanks for the support, I appreciate it.
Re: The Nuisance Of Splashing Water On Pedestrains During Rain By Car Drivers by JBoss25(m): 8:48pm On Jul 23, 2019
AstroG:
OP,

Hustle ooh,make ur ex no splash u water with volkswagen grin
grin
Re: The Nuisance Of Splashing Water On Pedestrains During Rain By Car Drivers by favezinne(f): 8:53pm On Jul 23, 2019
drivers will tell better, its not intentional at times
Re: The Nuisance Of Splashing Water On Pedestrains During Rain By Car Drivers by betterpikinn: 9:04pm On Jul 23, 2019
sonnie10:
I used to think this was rude, until I bought my own car.
So, buying a car can make one senseless?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Burning Bus At Toll Gate 7up Going To BERGER / 5 Annoying Things People Do With Their Phone In Danfo Buses / 10 Facts About Volkswagen Beetle You Probably Never Knew

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.