Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,823 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:18 AM

What Are The Essential Roles Of A Best Man? - Events (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / What Are The Essential Roles Of A Best Man? (19281 Views)

The Duties And Functions Of The Best Man At A Nigerian Wedding. / Lady Serves As Best Man At A Wedding Ceremony In Bayelsa State. Photos / Female 'Best Man' Steals The Show At Her Brother's Wedding In Akwa Ibom. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are The Essential Roles Of A Best Man? by franchasng: 10:45pm On Jul 23, 2019
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Ideally,
Before the wedding,
The bestman is the one paddy whom the groom vibes most with, someone who assists the groom in sowing his wild oats, one who knows his escapades and secrets, the one who lies to the bride for the groom and the one who knows your progress from playboy to married man.

But on the wedding day,
The role of a bestman is to babysit the groom and to serve as a shield to the groom.
His job thay day is basically to ensure that none of the grooms' exes makes it to the altar or the high table.

However in Nigeria,
The bestman is usually a family member who you won't feel bad about because you had to buy him a suit.
Or
Any of your male friends who has the same shade of wedding suit as yourself.
grin
Re: What Are The Essential Roles Of A Best Man? by davidtella(m): 10:47pm On Jul 23, 2019
Acedave1:
And you never marry?

My brother, I kuku won marry. Na the woman wey I won marry no dey

1 Like

Re: What Are The Essential Roles Of A Best Man? by pinkygurl(f): 10:50pm On Jul 23, 2019
rentAcock:
That's why most people have rehearsals before the wedding to go over the important things. As a bestman your job is to stand next to the maiden braid. You will ne asked to present the wedding ring in the alter and time for the reception you will enter the hall right behind the couple.

For an introverted person It may seem daunting at first but i assure you everyone's attention is mostly on the bride and groom. You are just there to give your brother confidence and help avert awkward moments. Being a best man also comes with its perk, you might be paired with a hot braids made and you two might start darinf afterwards. Your brother may give you a special gift. But most importantly, your brother will eternally remember what you did for him.

Avoid direct eye contact with the guests; make sure you drink a nice warm tea fo calm your nerves beforehand. Good luck to you.
grin
Re: What Are The Essential Roles Of A Best Man? by ksstroud: 10:56pm On Jul 23, 2019
davidtella:

How she go dey...
After you've chopped uncountable ones, who go marry those ones...
Re: What Are The Essential Roles Of A Best Man? by wakes: 10:57pm On Jul 23, 2019
smiley
Re: What Are The Essential Roles Of A Best Man? by Acedave1(m): 11:04pm On Jul 23, 2019
davidtella:

abi na you stingy
Re: What Are The Essential Roles Of A Best Man? by omobs(m): 11:05pm On Jul 23, 2019
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Ideally,
Before the wedding,
The bestman is the one paddy whom the groom vibes most with, someone who assists the groom in sowing his wild oats, one who knows his escapades and secrets, the one who lies to the bride for the groom and the one who knows your progress from playboy to married man.

But on the wedding day,
The role of a bestman is to babysit the groom and to serve as a shield to the groom.
His job thay day is basically to ensure that none of the grooms' exes makes it to the altar or the high table.

However in Nigeria,
The bestman is usually a family member who you won't feel bad about because you had to buy him a suit.
Or

Best answer

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Essential Roles Of A Best Man? by BrainEya(m): 11:10pm On Jul 23, 2019
Drabeey:

How come you booked space without a single letter or dot?
Re: What Are The Essential Roles Of A Best Man? by Youngsage: 11:26pm On Jul 23, 2019
adeiza4u:
Good evening Nlanders.

Just as the title of this thread implies, I wish to know the essential roles of a best man in white wedding ceremony.

I've tried to avoid this responsibility but my brother won't just let me be. I'm an introvert and don't really like engaging in public discourse, and appearance except when they become unavoidable just like this one.

Also, I've never featured as a best man before.

Now the event is just some days away, and I don't really have a grasp of what I'll be doing on those days. I'm feeling a bit worried already because I wouldn't want to make any blunder that will turn things awkward.

Please I need experiential inputs.

Thanks
Go and watch "the wedding party" movie tongue

1 Like

Re: What Are The Essential Roles Of A Best Man? by Youngsage: 11:29pm On Jul 23, 2019
starbuck:
I am planning on doing the role of a best woman for my friend.... I am going to be in charge of the money especially giving out souvenirs if you bring nonsense and lower denomination of money undecided undecided

Which one are you in your profile picture left or right? tongue

1 Like

Re: What Are The Essential Roles Of A Best Man? by godofuck231: 11:31pm On Jul 23, 2019
A best man is a grooms best man ,best in secrets and like thinking , skilled in grooming , from planning the grooms wedding, picking the hotel to making reservations , guests accommodation, suit colour , ties or bow ties , cufflinks, shoes hair cuts , custodian of the most important accessory (the wedding ring) bachelors night fixer ,love-vendor the strippers, secure the occasion via grooms men , Ready to fight and take a bullet in case god forbid he should get attacked , protect his wife to be if he's not there to ( hence some brother f#ckers are willing to sleep with the bride , that's forbidden by the bro code) attend his personal effects phones and keep him focused , baby sitting him to make sure he focuses on his target (his bride) , you are his spotter , paint the target for hm to shoot his shot, defend his wife and kids after years of marriage ,
Being a best man is like taking an oath , best man for life , you should be his first person to call for help or advice, a best man should be like a PA , watch him while he watches his wife ,if she missteps he catches her , you catch him or both. It's like his rifle in combat firing and keeping him alive with hope not to fail. Be his courage under fire.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are The Essential Roles Of A Best Man? by adeiza4u(m): 11:44pm On Jul 23, 2019
rentAcock:
That's why most people have rehearsals before the wedding to go over the important things. As a bestman your job is to stand next to the maiden braid. You will be asked to present the wedding ring in the alter and time for the reception you will enter the hall right behind the couple.

For an introverted person It may seem daunting at first but i assure you everyone's attention is mostly on the bride and groom. You are just there to give your brother confidence and help avert awkward moments. Being a best man also comes with its perk, you might be paired with a hot braids made and you two might start darinf afterwards. Your brother may give you a special gift. But most importantly, your brother will eternally remember what you did for him.

Avoid direct eye contact with the guests; make sure you drink a nice warm tea fo calm your nerves beforehand. Good luck to you.
thank you so much.
Re: What Are The Essential Roles Of A Best Man? by adeiza4u(m): 11:46pm On Jul 23, 2019
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Ideally,
Before the wedding,

But on the wedding day,

However in Nigeria,
Or
Thanks boss.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Essential Roles Of A Best Man? by greggng: 11:47pm On Jul 23, 2019
To help you service your wife when you have gone To meet your maker
Re: What Are The Essential Roles Of A Best Man? by Justc: 11:48pm On Jul 23, 2019
tigerclaws:
to press breast just dey hungry me cry kiss

No be only you even me too...

My babe is no wheare to be found...

Although it's not her fault.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Essential Roles Of A Best Man? by adeiza4u(m): 11:48pm On Jul 23, 2019
AngelHoly:
He must have a white teeth and be very good in cleaning sweat....

And he is also the next of kin to the groom in case he is no more...he can take ova

Lastly he must surely find his wife dat day or he will remain single forever
Yea I've a gap tooth lol. You're very funny, I'll watch out for a wife then thanks
Re: What Are The Essential Roles Of A Best Man? by adeiza4u(m): 11:51pm On Jul 23, 2019
davidtella:
Having bested four different friends, I can conclude that the best man doesnt have any meaningful role.

It is just to add glamour to the ceremony. Wear same suit with the grooom and ready to pick single babes who are ready to pick the single, handsome man. Thats all.
lol, thanks boss.
Re: What Are The Essential Roles Of A Best Man? by decco1878: 12:37am On Jul 24, 2019
adeiza4u:
Good evening Nlanders.

Just as the title of this thread implies, I wish to know the essential roles of a best man in white wedding ceremony.

I've tried to avoid this responsibility but my brother won't just let me be. I'm an introvert and don't really like engaging in public discourse, and appearance except when they become unavoidable just like this one.

Also, I've never featured as a best man before.

Now the event is just some days away, and I don't really have a grasp of what I'll be doing on those days. I'm feeling a bit worried already because I wouldn't want to make any blunder that will turn things awkward.

Please I need experiential inputs.

Thanks
Re: What Are The Essential Roles Of A Best Man? by sirclemzy: 12:44am On Jul 24, 2019
Lovelyn451:
Cleaning heat nah, I don't even know who started all these things sef, dashing people cloth to Coman eat your food again...ahn ahn
You are BEAUTIFUL baby �
Re: What Are The Essential Roles Of A Best Man? by Bestie93(m): 12:58am On Jul 24, 2019
davidtella:
Having bested four different friends, I can conclude that the best man doesnt have any meaningful role.

It is just to add glamour to the ceremony. Wear same suit with the grooom and ready to pick single babes who are ready to pick the single, handsome man. Thats all.

Professional Bestman!
I hail thee bro cool cool
Re: What Are The Essential Roles Of A Best Man? by Lovelyn451(f): 1:00am On Jul 24, 2019
sirclemzy:

You are BEAUTIFUL baby �
thanks
Re: What Are The Essential Roles Of A Best Man? by kiddkash(m): 1:15am On Jul 24, 2019
to make the groom look good
Re: What Are The Essential Roles Of A Best Man? by Nobody: 4:44am On Jul 24, 2019
The role of the best man is to nyash the best woman

and also be the spare part for the husband
Re: What Are The Essential Roles Of A Best Man? by tomdon(m): 5:12am On Jul 24, 2019
davidtella:

Career best man
This should enter Guinness world record
Re: What Are The Essential Roles Of A Best Man? by spookydee(m): 5:52am On Jul 24, 2019
I have done this best man shiii 4times. am now married.

My brother, you are practically the grooms slave for that day.
You mop his face.
If he needs to shout, u would be the one shouting on his behalf
You are his errand boy.
As per your introvert level, I bottle of Heineken would cure that.

Wish u the best

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Essential Roles Of A Best Man? by Nobody: 6:39am On Jul 24, 2019
Knack the bride behind the groom's back and thank your stars you're not the dummy getting married to a o
Re: What Are The Essential Roles Of A Best Man? by Omonuejegbo(m): 6:48am On Jul 24, 2019
The most essential function of the best man is to woo the chief bridesmaid. All other functions are secondary.

Re: What Are The Essential Roles Of A Best Man? by Oyerinde16(m): 8:04am On Jul 24, 2019
Your functions are many bro... Let me try to list some..

1. You act as personal body guard and aid de camp.

2. You are the logistic chief, you will take instructions from the groom or bride and issue directive to it execution and also give constant update to the groom.

3. You will walk behind him all through giving advice taking instructions and ensuring everything goes right.

4. Nobody gets to the groom without your consent and every discussion they have you must be privy unless the groom doesn't want you to be there.

5.You must make sure everything is in order ahead of time. You have F3d if after church service the car to convey the groom is no where to be found.

And many more...

1 Like

Re: What Are The Essential Roles Of A Best Man? by Nobody: 8:14am On Jul 24, 2019
The white men that brought it don't do it anymore....when will we drop ours
Re: What Are The Essential Roles Of A Best Man? by adeiza4u(m): 8:23am On Jul 24, 2019
Oyerinde16:
Your functions are many bro... Let me try to list some..

1. You act as personal body guard and aid de camp.

2. You are the logistic chief, you will take instructions from the groom or bride and issue directive to it execution and also give constant update to the groom.

3. You will walk behind him all through giving advice taking instructions and ensuring everything goes right.

4. Nobody gets to the groom without your consent and every discussion they have you must be privy unless the groom doesn't want you to be there.

5.You must make sure everything is in order ahead of time. You have F3d if after church service the car to convey the groom is no where to be found.

And many more...
This is very helpful, thank you
Re: What Are The Essential Roles Of A Best Man? by RichardRexs(m): 8:30am On Jul 24, 2019
Adeiza! So you no wan invite me ahbi?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

For All Dog Lovers: Pictures From A Dog Show That Held Yesterday / A Nairalander Wedding Challenge / Is 1.5million Naira Enough To Do A Low Budget Traditional And Church Wedding?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.