Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,337 members, 7,815,671 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:17 PM

How I Was Duped By A Pastor - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How I Was Duped By A Pastor (1160 Views)

Yahoo Boys Spray Cash On A Pastor During Church Service / Photo Of A Pastor With Bulge Praying With A Lady Got People Talking / Big Pot Placed On A Pastor’s Head While Praying (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Was Duped By A Pastor by AustineVidal: 9:31am On Jul 24, 2019
Please pardon my typos.
When i finished school, things became difficult for me after i spent all my money to sponsor myself. I prayed but no answer was coming
I looked for job or help without seeing any in sight, then a family friend told me about a pastor who wants to sponsor him abroad so when he gets there he will be paying back gradually, but he told me i should go instead that since he has a job now and he believes in my capability to hustle under any circumstance. That was a relief to me coz i was almost getting depressed, so i was happy coz i have always had the ambition of traveling abroad of which i always regret using my money to go school.
He told me to go and do my international passport of which i sold some of my valuables to do.
We now went to meet the pastor in his church he told me that i will have to bring 100k that when I get there and start the work i will pay the rest unfailingly but i told him i have no money that he should add the 100k to the amount I'll pay back, i told him i am willing to pay more than the amount I'm supposed to pay back when i get there but he refused. My bros told him we will get back to him, my bros started telling me how genuine it is and that the pastor is the owner of the upcoming church meaning he can't just run away, he told me to look 50k that he will assist me with 50k. My mom went and borrowed 50k for me then we took it to the pastor with my passport he gave me assurance that the processing will start immediately.
After one week i we called him and it wasn't going so i chatted him up on whatsapp that was when he told me he traveled to Niger Republic for a crusade that he will be coming back in a month time. He told me that my papers are being processed and sent me police report that wasn't bearing my name as if am a fool.
After that he didn't come online again for two months i actually went to his church but couldn't find anyone there. I dropped so many messages for him on whatsapp, he came online and was shouting at me telling I'm not patient that he is going to cancel the process so told him to give me back my money and passport but he said when he comes back that i should go to his church someone will give me my passport.
I went to the church but couldn't find anyone there only to be called on phone by someone who told me that my passport is inside the offering box so i checked and found my passport there and he has not been responding to our messages and blocked us.
I'm very depressed now
Just felt like talking to someone before i die
I've made and touched good money before and you know the feeling of having money and not having again at all.
Pls can i get a Sponsor,
Someone to sponsor me abroad and when i get there, is either i pay him/her double of whatever amount he spent or he will be taking some percentage from my salary for some periods.
Or a job here in Nigeria ( any kind)
Please I'm very serious about this
The money my mom borrowed i don't know how to pay back.
I'm very down now
Re: How I Was Duped By A Pastor by Kingosytex(m): 9:36am On Jul 24, 2019
cheesy

Eyaa, its a pity!

Let me advise you, be ten times more careful and smart any time you have a monetary transaction with a pastor especially an upcoming pastor for that matter

The guy that introduced you to the pastor and also promised to pay N50k on your behalf is the pastor's agent, they are co-workers, they work hand in hand. Go and collect your money from him

Cc Austinevidal
Re: How I Was Duped By A Pastor by AustineVidal: 10:01am On Jul 24, 2019
Kingosytex:
cheesy

Eyaa, its a pity!

Let me advise you, be ten times more careful and smart any time you have a monetary transaction with a pastor especially an upcoming pastor for that matter

The guy that introduced you to the pastor and also promised to pay N50k on your behalf is the pastor's agent, they are co-workers, they work hand in hand. Go and collect your money from him

Cc Austinevidal
My brother i reasoned this way too but this is someone i have known right from time and i know he can't do such a thing coz its not in his character. He threatened the pastor to the extent he was blocked by the pastor
We have gone to the church severally to see if they'll hold any service so can hold any of the members to provide him
Re: How I Was Duped By A Pastor by Kingosytex(m): 10:09am On Jul 24, 2019
AustineVidal:

My brother i reasoned this way too but this is someone i have known right from time and i know he can't do such a thing coz its not in his character. He threatened the pastor to the extent he was blocked by the pastor
We have gone to the church severally to see if they'll hold any service so can hold any of the members to provide him

This is really sad, but all hope isn't lost. As long as there is life, there is hope
Re: How I Was Duped By A Pastor by AustineVidal: 11:12am On Jul 24, 2019
There's no more life
Coz I'm tired
Re: How I Was Duped By A Pastor by Anas09: 11:38am On Jul 24, 2019
AustineVidal:
Please pardon my typos.
When i finished school, things became difficult for me after i spent all my money to sponsor myself. I prayed but no answer was coming
I looked for job or help without seeing any in sight, then a family friend told me about a pastor who wants to sponsor him abroad so when he gets there he will be paying back gradually, but he told me i should go instead that since he has a job now and he believes in my capability to hustle under any circumstance. That was a relief to me coz i was almost getting depressed, so i was happy coz i have always had the ambition of traveling abroad of which i always regret using my money to go school.
He told me to go and do my international passport of which i sold some of my valuables to do.
We now went to meet the pastor in his church he told me that i will have to bring 100k that when I get there and start the work i will pay the rest unfailingly but i told him i have no money that he should add the 100k to the amount I'll pay back, i told him i am willing to pay more than the amount I'm supposed to pay back when i get there but he refused. My bros told him we will get back to him, my bros started telling me how genuine it is and that the pastor is the owner of the upcoming church meaning he can't just run away, he told me to look 50k that he will assist me with 50k. My mom went and borrowed 50k for me then we took it to the pastor with my passport he gave me assurance that the processing will start immediately.
After one week i we called him and it wasn't going so i chatted him up on whatsapp that was when he told me he traveled to Niger Republic for a crusade that he will be coming back in a month time. He told me that my papers are being processed and sent me police report that wasn't bearing my name as if am a fool.
After that he didn't come online again for two months i actually went to his church but couldn't find anyone there. I dropped so many messages for him on whatsapp, he came online and was shouting at me telling I'm not patient that he is going to cancel the process so told him to give me back my money and passport but he said when he comes back that i should go to his church someone will give me my passport.
I went to the church but couldn't find anyone there only to be called on phone by someone who told me that my passport is inside the offering box so i checked and found my passport there and he has not been responding to our messages and blocked us.
I'm very depressed now
I've made and touched good money before and you know the feeling of having money and not having again at all.
Pls can i get a Sponsor,
Someone to sponsor me abroad and when i get there, is either i pay him/her double of whatever amount he spent or he will be taking some percentage from my salary for some periods.
I'm very down now
So how were you now duped since you have a passport to travel out?

People and their easy believism. If someone had told you to go through the legit way, wld you ve listened?
Re: How I Was Duped By A Pastor by Anas09: 11:40am On Jul 24, 2019
AustineVidal:

But, you got your passport right?
Re: How I Was Duped By A Pastor by AustineVidal: 12:43pm On Jul 24, 2019
Anas09:

But, you got your passport right?
Yes i got it
Re: How I Was Duped By A Pastor by AustineVidal: 12:44pm On Jul 24, 2019
Anas09:

People and their easy believism. If someone had told you to go through the legit way, wld you ve listened?
Which way is the legit one?
Re: How I Was Duped By A Pastor by AustineVidal: 12:44pm On Jul 24, 2019
Kingosytex:

This is really sad, but all hope isn't lost. As long as there is life, there is hope
I'm tired
Re: How I Was Duped By A Pastor by Kingosytex(m): 2:05pm On Jul 24, 2019
AustineVidal:

I'm tired

You don't have to. The sad truth is that we all are carrying our crosses and it isn't easy for anybody

2 Likes

Re: How I Was Duped By A Pastor by AustineVidal: 3:00pm On Jul 24, 2019
Kingosytex:

You don't have to. The sad truth is that we all are carrying our crosses and it isn't easy for anybody
This one is too heavy bro
Had it been I'm doing anything now no matter how small it is, i can plan
Re: How I Was Duped By A Pastor by Anas09: 4:35pm On Jul 24, 2019
AustineVidal:

Which way is the legit one?
The authorities. Like the Embassy(?)
Re: How I Was Duped By A Pastor by shadeyinka(m): 4:44pm On Jul 24, 2019
AustineVidal:
Please pardon my typos.
I'm very depressed now
Pls can i get a Sponsor,
I'm very down now
Any so called pastor that collects money in exchange for favours or miracles are complete FAKE m.o.g. What out!
Re: How I Was Duped By A Pastor by 1Sharon(f): 7:57pm On Jul 24, 2019
How much does a Nigerian passport cost?

And are you really naive to believe you can easily get a job abroad?
Re: How I Was Duped By A Pastor by AustineVidal: 1:30pm On Jul 25, 2019
1Sharon:
How much does a Nigerian passport cost?

And are you really naive to believe you can easily get a job abroad?
He said his is friend over there
And the company which i will work with are the ones sending my documents and will be the ones to receive me, then take me straight to where i will stay and start work immediately
Re: How I Was Duped By A Pastor by AustineVidal: 1:33pm On Jul 25, 2019
Anas09:

The authorities. Like the Embassy(?)
He said the company over there in Dubai will send the invite
Don't be blame me too much bro
Re: How I Was Duped By A Pastor by 1Sharon(f): 2:35pm On Jul 25, 2019
AustineVidal:

He said his is friend over there
And the company which i will work with are the ones sending my documents and will be the ones to receive me, then take me straight to where i will stay and start work immediately

Doing what job exactly? And in what country?
Re: How I Was Duped By A Pastor by AustineVidal: 2:46pm On Jul 25, 2019
1Sharon:

Doing what job exactly? And in what country?
Factory work in UAE, Dubai precisely
Re: How I Was Duped By A Pastor by Jakasibo(m): 3:10pm On Jul 25, 2019
Chai all these useless so called Pastors with their dubious ways
I call them fraudsters
Re: How I Was Duped By A Pastor by Jakasibo(m): 3:35pm On Jul 25, 2019
Anas09:

Does it mean you didn't read or understand what he wrote up there?
How can someone without money at hand go to the embassy?
Re: How I Was Duped By A Pastor by CodeTemplar: 6:57pm On Jul 25, 2019
A pastor that does hold or partake in regular service.
Re: How I Was Duped By A Pastor by 1Sharon(f): 8:51pm On Aug 01, 2019
AustineVidal:

Factory work in UAE, Dubai precisely

Why do you want to do that?
Re: How I Was Duped By A Pastor by calculator123(m): 12:25pm On Aug 10, 2019
Whatever you do, trust no one except your Mum.
Re: How I Was Duped By A Pastor by AustineVidal: 7:34am On Aug 16, 2019
1Sharon:

Why do you want to do that?
To make a living
Re: How I Was Duped By A Pastor by Nobody: 9:54am On Aug 16, 2019
There's nothing like public titled bearers in TRUE Christianity! Matthew 23:8

If you're a lecturer or professor, your office and honour remains within the walls of varsity. The same way is with those Jesus chose to be acting as Apostles, Pastors, Prophets, Evangelists and so on. Their jobs and reverence remains in the congregation NOT outside!
You're not to put your trust in them with your valuables most especially when you're thinking of business because they're also humans desperately seeking solutions to their own personal problems as well!
Re: How I Was Duped By A Pastor by Emusan(m): 3:54pm On Aug 16, 2019
Maximus69:
There's nothing like public titled bearers in TRUE Christianity! Matthew 23:8

But you are so proud to call some group of men "Governing Body" or this group of men are so proud for their followers to be calling them "Governing Body", isn't that one a title Hypocrite!
Re: How I Was Duped By A Pastor by Nobody: 4:36pm On Aug 16, 2019
Emusan:

But you are so proud to call some group of men "Governing Body" or this group of men are so proud for their followers to be calling them "Governing Body", isn't that one a title Hypocrite!

If you don't understand Christianity Emusan, please it's not my fault! cheesy

You only need to humble yourself so that we teach you what Christianity truly means NOT the lawlessness you guys finds yourselves inside with nobody to help you out!

Now listen and learn!

The Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses are the small group of men JEHOVAH is using to direct his people today just like the Apostles in the first century.

They're not popular outside the congregation of God's people and even most JWs only know the names of two or three out of these eight men offhand!

Just like the first century Christians who can only remember the name of the Apostle they knew very well. 1Corinthians 1:12

So just as the Apostles aren't popular outside Christianity, the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses aren't popular outside the congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Go along the road and watch the portraits artists are displaying along the road, you'll notice faces of celebrities like footballers, politicians, musicians, actors, actresses and RELIGOUS TITLE CHIEFS! But you can never see the picture of any of our Governing Body members because outsiders can't recognize them!

So if any of them is walking along the road, they can only be noticed by observant members of Jehovah's Witnesses organization NOT everyone. That's what you're missing here Sir! wink
Re: How I Was Duped By A Pastor by Emusan(m): 4:46pm On Aug 16, 2019
Maximus69:

If you don't understand Christianity, please it's not my fault! cheesy

You only need to humble yourself so that we teach you what Christianity truly means NOT the lawlessness you guys finds yourselves inside with nobody to help you out!

Now listen and learn!

The Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses are the small group of men JEHOVAH is using to direct his people today just like the Apostles in the first century.

They're not popular outside the congregation of God's people and even most JWs only know the names of two or three out of these eight men offhand!

Just like the first century Christians who can only remember the name of the Apostle they knew very well. 1Corinthians 1:12

So just as the Apostles aren't popular outside Christianity, the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses aren't popular outside the congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Go along the road and watch the portraits artists are displaying along the road, you'll notice faces of celebrities like footballers, politicians, musicians, actors, actresses and RELIGOUS TITLE CHIEFS! But you can never see the picture of any of our Governing Body members because outsiders can't recognize them!

So if any of them is walking along the road, they can only be noticed by observant members of Jehovah's Witnesses organization NOT everyone. That's what you're missing here Sir! wink

Brainwashed person...always write gebbrish!

Is Governing Body not a title? That's the question...

You quoted Matt 23:8 which also speaks against the title "Governing Body"

Aren't Pastors being used by God?

Here you're so keen to defend it but can open your rotten mouth to condemn others for what you are guilty of.

Hypocrite!
Re: How I Was Duped By A Pastor by Nobody: 5:03pm On Aug 16, 2019
Emusan:

Brainwashed person...always write gebbrish!

Is Governing Body not a title? That's the question...

You quoted Matt 23:8 which also speaks against the title "Governing Body"

Aren't Pastors being used by God?

Here you're so keen to defend it but can open your rotten mouth to condemn others for what you are guilty of.

Hypocrite!

You can continue weeping for your Pastors Sir! cry

Jesus said Christians should not bear the title teacher except himself alone. Matthew 23:8
Jehovah's Witnesses are never known in their neighbourhood with any religious titles unlike your folks who always want people to address them as Pastors!

The Governing Body is synonymous with just one global group Jehovah's Witnesses, and even members of the organization don't know all their faces!

All you need to do is abandon falsehood for the truth!
Re: How I Was Duped By A Pastor by Emusan(m): 5:11pm On Aug 16, 2019
Maximus69:

You can continue weeping for your Pastors Sir! cry

Jesus said Christians should not bear the title teacher except himself alone. Matthew 23:8
Jehovah's Witnesses are never known in their neighbourhood with any religious titles unlike your folks who always want people to address them as Pastors!

The Governing Body is synonymous with just one global group Jehovah's Witnesses, and even members of the organization don't know all their faces!

All you need to do is abandon falsehood for the truth!

But you are the very person who is crying now.... Hypocrite!

You haven't answer my question, is governing body not a title?

You know their face because you're too brainwashed to believe so. Their faces full Google!
Re: How I Was Duped By A Pastor by Nobody: 5:30pm On Aug 16, 2019
Emusan:

But you are the very person who is crying now.... Hypocrite!

You haven't answer my question, is governing body not a title?

You know their face because you're too brainwashed to believe so. Their faces full Google!

Keep crying Emusa! cry

Governing Body is the name of the Group, outside the organization of Jehovah's Witnesses NOBODY recognises them!

None of them can go outside the congregation to say i'm a member of the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses for public awareness when the organization is hated in everywhere! Matthew 10:22, John 17:14-16

So if you don't know why they must lay low, let me teach you! cheesy

(1) (2) (Reply)

Evangelical W.H. Adviser Paula White Reveals Trump's Spiritual Journey From 2001 / You Think Say Na Beans To Be A Friend Of God? / Donald Trump Will Be The Last President Of The USA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.