Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,909 members, 7,821,161 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:09 AM

... - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / ... (1272 Views)

Man Visits His Friend’s Home And Meets His Girlfriend There In Lagos / ‘How Can You Take Me Home And Sleep Off’ – Lady Rants Online As Nigerians React / I Spend Over #42k Each Month On Generator Alone Working From Home (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

... by naijablood: 10:37am On Jul 24, 2019
Re: ... by Olotubodmas(m): 10:43am On Jul 24, 2019
Please teach me how to work at home. I'm home already and I'm jobless.

3 Likes

Re: ... by Nobody: 10:55am On Jul 24, 2019
naijablood:
It always sound sexy, good , amazingly wonderful, the idea of waking up in a pyjama, no alarm signifying you’ve got to catch an early boss or you moving your car out of garage on time so to avoid the city morning traffic of fellow city office workers.
But honestly all this seems to be a scam as I delved linto the business of home workers .. I’ve been battling with this for a long time now and as a mater of fact, “depression” is a huge chunk of working from home no one will tell you about .. Times I even want to commit suicide , woke up this morning and all I could think about is ending this life once and for all .. I tried searching online to see if there’s anyone in same situation as me .. I was dumbfounded to see huge reactions and complaints from co home workers all over the world .. I make my money but loneliness is crazily killing me
Don’t know if anyone here’s facing same or someone’s got a remedy ..

Do you want your internet home job to also give you a girlfriend? Do you want your IHJ to print out friends for you? If the answer is yes, then I have bad news for you.

I'm sure you don't work 24hrs a day. Humans alwsys need something to blame; you noticed how you searched for people in similar sitation as you rather than search for people that have solved/balanced the situatiob you're in? That's just one example.

1 Like

Re: ... by naijablood: 11:00am On Jul 24, 2019
Dudeweedlmao:

Do you want your internet home job to also give you a girlfriend? Do you want your IHJ to print out friends for you? If the answer is yes, then I have bad news for you.

I'm sure you don't work 24hrs a day. Humans alwsys need something to blame; you noticed how you searched for people in similar sitation as you rather than search for people that have solved/balanced the situatiob you're in? That's just one example.
I’m in a relationship.. though distance exists.. but we see maybe two months or more
Re: ... by Nobody: 11:05am On Jul 24, 2019
naijablood:
It always sound sexy, good , amazingly wonderful, the idea of waking up in a pyjama, no alarm signifying you’ve got to catch an early boss or you moving your car out of garage on time so to avoid the city morning traffic of fellow city office workers.
But honestly all this seems to be a scam as I delved into the business of home workers .. I’ve been battling with this for a long time now and as a mater of fact, “depression” is a huge chunk of working from home no one will tell you about .. Times I even want to commit suicide , woke up this morning and all I could think about is ending this life once and for all .. I tried searching online to see if there’s anyone in same situation as me .. I was dumbfounded to see huge reactions and complaints from co home workers all over the world .. I make my money but loneliness is crazily killing me
all work and no play comes in.

I work with my phone 24/7 on internet.. rarely goes out cos I have my power and electricity.

But I don't miss my weekend vibes and chills.

Ball on weekdays and chill on weekends..

My 2 cents
Re: ... by Nobody: 11:17am On Jul 24, 2019
naijablood:
I’m in a relationship.. though distance exists.. but we see maybe two months or more

Lmfao
Re: ... by zum19: 11:22am On Jul 24, 2019
naijablood:
But honestly all this seems to be a scam as I delved into the business of home workers .. I’ve been battling with this for a long time now and as a mater of fact, “depression” is a huge chunk of working from home no one will tell you about .. Times I even want to commit suicide , woke up this morning and all I could think about is ending this life once and for all .. I tried searching online to see if there’s anyone in same situation as me .. I was dumbfounded to see huge reactions and complaints from co home workers all over the world .. I make my money but loneliness is crazily killing me

I feel you. If u make good money, then u may need to pay for a co-working space, u have in yaba & lekki, so you can get out of the house once in a while. Or pick a day to go to a nice restaurant for lunch like jevinik. Or get a girlfriend that would be visiting u. In short the temptations to hookup is usually great, if u are on Badoo, becos of loneliness u will just be spending money on f***king runs babes anyhow, seriously.
Travelling wud be nice, go to a state u've Neva been, book a hotel & work from there...as long as the money is there u can't be lonely. U can create or buy fun. Think ing of suicide should only be when u have 1k in ur account and ur rent is about to expire......

3 Likes

Re: ... by naijablood: 11:28am On Jul 24, 2019
zum19:

I feel you. If u make good money, then u may need to pay for a co-working space, u have in yaba & lekki, so you can get out of the house once in a while. Or pick a day to go to a nice restaurant for lunch like jevinik. Or get a girlfriend that would be visiting u. In short the temptations to hookup is usually great, if u are on Badoo, becos of loneliness u will just be spending money on f***king runs babes anyhow, seriously.
Travelling wud be nice, go to a state u've Neva been, book a hotel & work from there...as long as the money is there u can't be lonely. U can create or buy fun. Think ing of suicide should only be when u have 1k in ur account and ur rent is about to expire......
you seem to know it all.. thanks for dropping by

1 Like

Re: ... by FROGMAN101(m): 11:33am On Jul 24, 2019
zum19:

Once you think there’s a problem, there will always be a problem. It’s all in your head. All the sadness and loneliness. Everything.

Surprised OP can’t even come up with a simple task of enjoying himself especially since he said he has cash. There are like a zillion fun places to go from time to time. You can even find public places to do your work instead of always staying at home.

Dunno why people just say careless words like suicide over nothing.

1 Like

Re: ... by naijablood: 11:36am On Jul 24, 2019
FROGMAN101:

Once you think there’s a problem, there will always be a problem. It’s all in your head. All the sadness and loneliness. Everything.

Surprised OP can’t even come up with a simple task of enjoying himself especially since he said he has cash. There are like a zillion places to go from time to time. You can even find public places to work.

Dunno why people just say careless words like suicide over nothing.

i never said I’m flowing in cash .. but I earn what an average full time workers would earn in a month (around 90k) though doing everything to make things better
Re: ... by Nobody: 11:38am On Jul 24, 2019
The problem lies on you not going out at all, working from home can be fun, if you plan your day well, you dont have to work 247, you can as well in the evening, go out to chill or go for a walk.

Anyway working from home isnt for everyone or maybe, you are comparing your life with those going to office everday.

if you cant handle it, find for co working space with wifi, go there and work from there or go to Ikeja shopping mall if you live in lag, upstairs, the cafe beside rhapsody has wifi, order for anystuff, ask waiter for wifi password, bring out your laptop and start working.

sometimes, you just need to go out to release the stress.
Re: ... by naijablood: 11:39am On Jul 24, 2019
lilwetdick:
The problem lies on you not going out at all, working from home can be a fun, if you plan your day well, you dont have to work 247, you can as well in the evening, go out to chill or go for a walk.

Anyway working from home isnt for everyone or maybe, you are comparing your life with those going to office everday.

thanks now I get .. I will really work on that
Re: ... by FROGMAN101(m): 11:44am On Jul 24, 2019
naijablood:
i never said I’m flowing in cash .. but I earn what an average full time workers would earn in a month (around 90k) though doing everything to make things better

Good for you. My point is you don’t even need a whole lot of money to have a good time. Just find something you like doing. Work during the weekdays and go out during the weekends. There s a beach in Nigeria? Go there. See nature. Listen to music. Eat. Exercise. Do things you know you love doing.
Re: ... by topsquino(m): 11:47am On Jul 24, 2019
naijablood:

I understand how you feel bro.

Even me that has been freelancing for up to 6 years is not immune to this problem. Working at home prevented me from having a significant partner, making friends and interacting with others, thereby making me frustrated and depressed sometimes.

I figured out a way to this problem over time.

Like someone said, you can get an office outside your home.
You can also cultivate the habits of going to the gym or having time for vacation. And you can also add clubbing to your routine if you like having fun. For instance, I only work for 7-8 months in a year, the remaining months are for vacation or learning a new skill in a new environment.

Please don't be depressed. Before the industrial age, people were working from home. In fact, working outside the home started in the 19th century. What you need is social gathering, change of environment once in a while and a trust worthy significant partner.

I'm even thinking whether we should get an estate specifically for freelancers in lagos. Perhaps that could help. I will work out the cost when I have time and see if people will be interested.

1 Like

Re: ... by Nobody: 11:50am On Jul 24, 2019
krattoss:

I work with my phone 24/7 on internet.. rarely goes out cos I have my power and electricity.

My 2 cents
care to share?
Re: ... by naijablood: 11:54am On Jul 24, 2019
topsquino:

I understand how you feel bro.

Even me that has been freelancing for up to 6 years is not immune to this problem. Working at home prevented me from having a significant partner, making friends and interacting with others, thereby making me frustrated and depressed sometimes.

I figured out a way to this problem over time.

Like someone said, you can get an office outside your home.
You can also cultivate the habits of going to the gym or having time for vacation. And you can also add clubbing to your routine if you like having fun. For instance, I only work for 7-8 months in a year, the remaining months are for vacation or learning a new skill in a new environment.

Please don't be depressed. Before the industrial age, people were working from home. In fact, working outside the home started in the 19th century. What you need is social gathering, change of environment once in a while and a trust worthy significant partner.

I'm even thinking whether we should get an estate specifically for freelancers in lagos. Perhaps that could help. I will work out the cost when I have time and see if people will be interested.
hmmn .. so happy someone is here who feels same ..honestly the estate thing is great idea .. I’ve always wished for such avenue too .. I stay in an apartment of three bedroom all alone .. tho built by parents but they don’t stay here with me .. once had a ride with a grown man last year .. and really felt pity as he begins to share his ordeal of loneliness.. he is not even a home worker .. but he said the loneliness feeling that comes after coming from work everyday really makes him just want to end it all .. in my mind I was like what should people who stay home full time do.. really how do housewives even cope ?
Re: ... by topsquino(m): 12:04pm On Jul 24, 2019
naijablood:
hmmn .. so happy someone is here who feels same ..honestly the estate thing is great idea .. I’ve always wished for such avenue too

All right. Imagine an estate, which I call a mini silicon Valley, where freelancer can gym, interact, have fun together, rub minds together... That would be great.

I will get an architect and estate planner to work out the cost and get back to everyone on this. I think the perfect area would be ajah or ikorodu or lagos/ibadan express way. That's where one can get a decent estate that could be affordable for everyone.

I would work on it
Re: ... by naijablood: 12:07pm On Jul 24, 2019
topsquino:

All right. Imagine an estate, which I call a mini silicon Valley, where freelancer can gym, interact, have fun together, rub minds together... That would be great.

I will get an architect and estate planner to work out the cost and get back to everyone on this. I think the perfect area would be ajah or ikorodu or lagos/ibadan express way. That's where one can get a decent estate that could be affordable for everyone.

I would work on it
the Lagos-Ibadan express way would be ideal .. as it will target Lagos, Ogun, and Ibadan .. and it will also be affordable
Re: ... by issylarry(m): 3:17pm On Jul 24, 2019
krattoss:

My 2 cents

Wch job b dt o
Re: ... by Nobody: 3:24pm On Jul 24, 2019
krattoss:
lol..know a couple bi'tches that hustle like niggas..

Slide on ma DM if u wanna hustle like a G
The B word was simply unnecessary... Using it doesn't make one seem hard
Re: ... by Beadex1(m): 3:33pm On Jul 24, 2019
krattoss:

Boss, I sight you am also interested in working from home I have pm you.
Re: ... by fcdgrand(m): 6:00pm On Jul 24, 2019
i have mini laptop & internet, please can you help me with online business i can do & what is require to start up, thank you
Re: ... by oceanized25(m): 6:34pm On Jul 24, 2019
krattoss:

bro,lemme reach out to you too pls,I also need this.
Re: ... by Fidelismaria: 6:36pm On Jul 24, 2019
naijablood:

Are you a writer?

(1) (Reply)

'You’ll Die Single If You’re Afraid Of Destroying Someone Else’s Relationship' / What Men Want From Women...... / Mark My Word, Armageddon Is Very Close !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.