Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,511 members, 7,812,584 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:42 PM

Ministerial Screening: Uchechukwu Ogah Screened By Senate, Nigerians React - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ministerial Screening: Uchechukwu Ogah Screened By Senate, Nigerians React (41747 Views)

Why I Slumped During Ministerial Screening – Balarabe / Ministerial Screening: Lawan Asks Amaechi To “Take A Bow” / IPOB Members Block Uchechukwu Ogah's Convoy In Abia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ministerial Screening: Uchechukwu Ogah Screened By Senate, Nigerians React by Lexusgs430: 1:12pm On Jul 24, 2019
osaweseforme:
Screening ministers without portfolio doesnt make sense

If they do both, it gives us a better opportunity to scan them wella.........

It's a deliberate act....... We never do things right........
Re: Ministerial Screening: Uchechukwu Ogah Screened By Senate, Nigerians React by BlackPantherxXx: 1:14pm On Jul 24, 2019
Officialgarri:
Because he has a good command of english has automatically made him sensible.
All politicians have good manifestos. Convincing manifestos, but the actualisation is the problem. ell, I can't cast my judgment based on the "reaction" of those few commenters.
To say a lady was even among the people who praised the nominee, has reduced the number of commenters by 1. Her opinion can't count.

Lol. You are a troublemaker...but funny enough, your comment makes more sense than most here.
Re: Ministerial Screening: Uchechukwu Ogah Screened By Senate, Nigerians React by Konkonbiloo: 1:14pm On Jul 24, 2019
Naso
Re: Ministerial Screening: Uchechukwu Ogah Screened By Senate, Nigerians React by Ugosample(m): 1:17pm On Jul 24, 2019
Tina26:
This is nigeria. He would still fail. Why are we so gullible in this country

the reason why good people fail in govt in Nigeria is becayse of the structural problems hidden underneath

Until we address that

na the same tori
Re: Ministerial Screening: Uchechukwu Ogah Screened By Senate, Nigerians React by Nanop1: 1:17pm On Jul 24, 2019
Brilliant minds full Nigeria yet herdsmen are ruling them... Ecclesiastes 10 v 7.....
Re: Ministerial Screening: Uchechukwu Ogah Screened By Senate, Nigerians React by Stillthebest: 1:17pm On Jul 24, 2019
Lexusgs430:
He would also be made mute........ Audu Ogbeh spoke like a man wey sabi prior, hin reach dere finish nah to dey ship wonky rejected tubers of yam, to the UK......

I cannot pick one reform he made in the Agricultural sector......

Oduwole..... Spoke well too..... Now expected trained Doctors, to pick up tailoring roles......

Lie Mohammed.... We know how effective he also was prior..... Lai, became a liability........

The list continues.......

NB: Don't get me started on the beret mafia or that one with plenty portfolios............

Fayemi and Fashola lectured the senate... What did we have
Re: Ministerial Screening: Uchechukwu Ogah Screened By Senate, Nigerians React by jlinkd78(m): 1:18pm On Jul 24, 2019
Hy
Re: Ministerial Screening: Uchechukwu Ogah Screened By Senate, Nigerians React by fergie001: 1:18pm On Jul 24, 2019
Ultimatezlant:
since when has enelamah become Lagos minister
Does he know the road to his village in Ofeme, Umuahia?

He was in Banana Island before they made him Minister and he made sure he extricated Abia from his dictionary.........
Re: Ministerial Screening: Uchechukwu Ogah Screened By Senate, Nigerians React by Dansuqi: 1:19pm On Jul 24, 2019
fergie001:
That's my Abia State nominee.....make us proud...

Not that Lagos Minister, Enelamah Okechukwu.....

Most likely, Trade and Investment OR Commerce and Industry
But you chose to vote ikpeazu instead of this amiable entrepreneur
Re: Ministerial Screening: Uchechukwu Ogah Screened By Senate, Nigerians React by Lexusgs430: 1:22pm On Jul 24, 2019
Stillthebest:

Fayemi and Fashola lectured the senate... What did we have

His multiple portfolios confused him........ They cannot give, what they don't have.........

Remember BRF's rant about a government that cannot give electricity........ All they have is mouth....

1 Like

Re: Ministerial Screening: Uchechukwu Ogah Screened By Senate, Nigerians React by UncleJudax(m): 1:22pm On Jul 24, 2019
Ultimatezlant:
don't let kerosene lovers catch you
Hahaha. That ikpeazu sha de live by his name.

The next Governor is Uche Oga...if he performs because 2023 the power goes back to Abia north. Good timing.
Re: Ministerial Screening: Uchechukwu Ogah Screened By Senate, Nigerians React by kayroc: 1:23pm On Jul 24, 2019
Davash222:
Screening Ministers without portfolios. Doesn’t make sense to me.

It goes to show that the whole screening is hollow. Imagine if he goes for ministry of tourism now, how does his view on floating currency matter for that portfolio?

Eye service is being taken to extreme levels here. They will approve everybody, then back door dealing to share portfolio will determine the most important part: who gets what.

2 Likes

Re: Ministerial Screening: Uchechukwu Ogah Screened By Senate, Nigerians React by fergie001: 1:24pm On Jul 24, 2019
Dansuqi:

But you chose to vote ikpeazu instead of this amiable entrepreneur
Chose who?

Except Abia is policed, no party can beat the PDP there.....

Ogah himself was not strategic
The two dominant opposition parties had very good and formidable candidates and were from the same zone....they were told for one to step down,they refused.
Infact one of them even picked his deputy from that same zone.
The incumbent Gov also have his deputy from that zone.
They shared their votes and the Incumbent had near 100% from his...

Heaven only help those who help themselves.

Since,they couldn't come together to remove the behemoth,there was nothing that could be done.

His money even finished, he is just given this position to recoup.
Go to Uturu, his Masters Energy Group is almost down.
OUK facilitated it....

He really did lose a lot of cash.
Re: Ministerial Screening: Uchechukwu Ogah Screened By Senate, Nigerians React by karma2000: 1:25pm On Jul 24, 2019
jconsulting:
They will give him sports
Di luv this lady's staement karma of too much oyibo grammar or sense will ultimately make his gambari or fulani employers be scared of giving him sensitive post infact, minister of state for for sport or even special duties would be ideal
Re: Ministerial Screening: Uchechukwu Ogah Screened By Senate, Nigerians React by nerorex01: 1:25pm On Jul 24, 2019
Nigerians and their biased state because the minister to be sounds intelligent then he is the best right. I watched his defense and how eloquent he was but I bet you he is still gonna be like others. Our persona as humans in Nigeria shows micro effect except the system is reviewed then we would see the results of these bright minds. My opinion ! Thanks. undecided

Re: Ministerial Screening: Uchechukwu Ogah Screened By Senate, Nigerians React by Stillthebest: 1:26pm On Jul 24, 2019
Lexusgs430:

His multiple portfolios confused him........ They cannot give, what they don't have.........

Remember BRF's rant about a government that cannot give electricity
........ All they have is mouth....

Yes during Gejs regime.
Re: Ministerial Screening: Uchechukwu Ogah Screened By Senate, Nigerians React by Ultimatezlant: 1:27pm On Jul 24, 2019
UncleJudax:

Hahaha. That ikpeazu sha de live by his name.

The next Governor is Uche Oga...if he performs because 2023 the power goes back to Abia north. Good timing.
as if
Re: Ministerial Screening: Uchechukwu Ogah Screened By Senate, Nigerians React by wakes: 1:28pm On Jul 24, 2019
I WISH HIM WELL
Re: Ministerial Screening: Uchechukwu Ogah Screened By Senate, Nigerians React by Lexusgs430: 1:28pm On Jul 24, 2019
Stillthebest:

Yes during Gejs regime.

He would take a bow and go....... Rubbish........
Re: Ministerial Screening: Uchechukwu Ogah Screened By Senate, Nigerians React by OkoYibo: 1:30pm On Jul 24, 2019
How those things in Abia chose Ikpeazu over this man shows they can't be trusted to take sensible political decisions.

2 Likes

Re: Ministerial Screening: Uchechukwu Ogah Screened By Senate, Nigerians React by drdan777(m): 1:31pm On Jul 24, 2019
I pray he will have the president's support to all his good visions.
Re: Ministerial Screening: Uchechukwu Ogah Screened By Senate, Nigerians React by fergie001: 1:31pm On Jul 24, 2019
Ultimatezlant:
as if Theodore orji would allow it.

Another Buffon would be put in charge
TA Orji isn't in charge.....

There are people he reports to......

PDP won't lose the state, they pay opposition parties to be stupid.

They virtually control the Executive Council members of the opposition parties....

It is only now that people like OUK, Nkiru and Nkechi are in, that they can fight....

But ordinarily, it will be almost impossible for the PDP to lose the State.
Re: Ministerial Screening: Uchechukwu Ogah Screened By Senate, Nigerians React by darkelf: 1:40pm On Jul 24, 2019
fergie001:

TA Orji isn't in charge.....

There are people he reports to......

PDP won't lose the state, they pay opposition parties to be stupid.

They virtually control the Executive Council members of the opposition parties....

It is only now that people like OUK, Nkiru and Nkechi are in, that they can fight....

But ordinarily, it will be almost impossible for the PDP to lose the State.

The same way PDP boasted about ruling Nigeria for 60yrs straight

Hubris is the downfall of men in power. A time will come when their money and influence will fail them
Re: Ministerial Screening: Uchechukwu Ogah Screened By Senate, Nigerians React by idonhammer: 1:41pm On Jul 24, 2019
Ultimatezlant:
don't let kerosene lovers catch you

Re: Ministerial Screening: Uchechukwu Ogah Screened By Senate, Nigerians React by fergie001: 1:42pm On Jul 24, 2019
darkelf:

The same way PDP boasted about ruling Nigeria for 60yrs straight

Hubris is the downfall of men in power. A time will come when their money and influence will fail them

It's no pride.....its fact...

Except the State is policed like Kwara and Ekiti, the PDP can't lose the seat.

They have the structure........and the money to float around....

But I wont go out to vote against someone when the gun is on my head or will you?
Re: Ministerial Screening: Uchechukwu Ogah Screened By Senate, Nigerians React by oceaneverdry77: 1:45pm On Jul 24, 2019
Apart from governor, Abia always have Good products.
Re: Ministerial Screening: Uchechukwu Ogah Screened By Senate, Nigerians React by DEmejioba1: 1:48pm On Jul 24, 2019
My problem with this nomination or screening of a thing is that,would they be given the portfolio of their area of specialization or concentration?
Re: Ministerial Screening: Uchechukwu Ogah Screened By Senate, Nigerians React by darkelf: 1:53pm On Jul 24, 2019
fergie001:

It's no pride.....its fact...

Except the State is policed like Kwara and Ekiti, the PDP can't lose the seat.

They have the structure........and the money to float around....

But I wont go out to vote against someone when the gun is on my head or will you?

PDP had federal might which is greater than all you just listed and still lost

That's a greater fact
Re: Ministerial Screening: Uchechukwu Ogah Screened By Senate, Nigerians React by fergie001: 1:55pm On Jul 24, 2019
darkelf:

PDP had federal might which is greater than all you just listed and still lost

That's a greater fact
With that Federal might under a seasoned General, did they win Lagos?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2023: Shettima Told To Resign As APC Vice Presidential Candidate / Naira Redesign: Banks’ Cash Withdrawal Limit Is Illegal – Supreme Court / THROWBACK: How Gowon Declined U.S. President’s Invitation To Visit America.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.