Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,009 members, 7,817,976 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:55 AM

MTN Retires Pascal Dozie As Chairman, Appoints Ernest Ndukwe - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / MTN Retires Pascal Dozie As Chairman, Appoints Ernest Ndukwe (31646 Views)

Mastercard Appoints Dozie As Director For Sub-saharan Africa / Breaking: Femi Otedola Leaves Forte Oil As Chairman / Uzoma Dozie Gives Details Of Access And Diamond Banks "Merger" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MTN Retires Pascal Dozie As Chairman, Appoints Ernest Ndukwe by Ayoswit(f): 5:22am On Jul 25, 2019
K
Re: MTN Retires Pascal Dozie As Chairman, Appoints Ernest Ndukwe by NoRetreat(m): 5:25am On Jul 25, 2019
Paschal had been a shining star all this while but it would have been better to include young Nigerians to raise the poverty bar
Re: MTN Retires Pascal Dozie As Chairman, Appoints Ernest Ndukwe by Niccoloimhotep: 5:38am On Jul 25, 2019
Congrats to both parties.

Buy my 2008 maxda cx9

3.4m

Re: MTN Retires Pascal Dozie As Chairman, Appoints Ernest Ndukwe by tayolove12(m): 5:49am On Jul 25, 2019
godwinkessi:
Na wa ooo and they took another Ibo man why?

Business matters
Re: MTN Retires Pascal Dozie As Chairman, Appoints Ernest Ndukwe by eagleeye2: 5:51am On Jul 25, 2019
Congratulations Engr. Ndukwe and Happy retirement Sir Paschal Dozie.
I have stuck to Mtn, all these while because of their wide coverage. Over 17 years relationship and I hope one day they will recognize us loyal customers.

2 Likes

Re: MTN Retires Pascal Dozie As Chairman, Appoints Ernest Ndukwe by Nobody: 5:56am On Jul 25, 2019
Congratulation my brother.
Re: MTN Retires Pascal Dozie As Chairman, Appoints Ernest Ndukwe by wink2015(m): 6:01am On Jul 25, 2019
ChemBrodar:
MTN Nigeria has announced the retirement of Pascal Dozie as chairman of its board of directors after 18 years.

He is to be replaced by former chief executive officer of the Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC), Ernest Ndukwe, with effect from September 2, 2019, Igbere TV reports.

Others retired alongside Ndukwe, 80, are vice-chairman, Col. Sani Bello (Rtd); non-executive director, Victor Odili; non-executive director, Ahmed Dasuki; non-executive director, Babatunde Folawiyo, and non-executive director, Gbenga Oyebode.

A statement released by the company’s spokesman, Funso Aina, on Wednesday, said the men were retired following the expiration of their tenure and in compliance with applicable codes of corporate governance.

Acknowledging the vital contribution made by the outgoing directors over the last 18 years, MTN Nigeria CEO, Ferdinand Moolman, said: “On behalf of MTN Nigeria, I would like to offer our heartfelt thanks to our pioneering Chairman, Pascal Dozie and the outgoing Directors. Our journey over the last 18 years has been incredible, and it would not have been possible without the initial entrepreneurial spirit of our founding directors, and their unfailing and dedicated support for MTN Nigeria’s vision over the years. I could not have asked for a more supportive, knowledgeable and experienced group of advisors.”

Speaking on behalf of the outgoing Directors, Pascal Dozie, said: “In 2001, when I made the first call on the MTN Nigeria network, I don’t think anyone envisaged the pace and scale of growth that we, and the broader telecoms sector would achieve over the next 18 years. It is a unique story that we are immensely proud of.

“Having served as chairman of MTN Nigeria for all of those 18 years, I achieved a long-held ambition earlier this year, when MTN Nigeria listed on the Nigerian Stock Exchange, providing an opportunity for a wider pool of Nigerians to become investors in the company. I cannot think of a better time to be handing over the reins of the company to a new chairman, and to a new group of distinguished Nigerian directors. Not only is this in line with best practice, which we are fully committed to as a member of the premium board of the Nigerian Stock Exchange, it is also absolutely aligned to the company’s future.

“On behalf of the out-going directors, I would like to thank the Board and Management of MTN Nigeria for their support over the years and to welcome the incoming directors. They have a hugely exciting future in front of them, and I believe, the opportunity to make the next 18 years even more successful than the last.”

Mr Aina’s statement added: “The Board of MTN Nigeria Communications Plc. would like to express its appreciation to the six directors for their commitment, leadership and extensive contributions to the success of the Company since their appointment in 2002. The Board wishes them the very best in all their future endeavours.”

Joining Ndukwe on the new board of directors are Michael Onochie Ajukwu, independent non-executive director; Muhammad Ahmad, independent non-executive director; Andrew Alli, non-executive director, and Omobola Johnson, non-executive director.

Mrs Johnson was Nigeria’s minister of communication and technology from 2011 to 2015 under former President Goodluck Jonathan.

Source; http://igberetvnews.com/844099/mtn-retires-pascal-dozie-as-chairman-appoints-ernest-ndukwe/

Lalasticlala Mynd44 Dominique

He should have retired on his own instead of being stampeded from the office.

Pascal Dozie and his sons ran aground Diamond bank.

That was enough for MTN to give his dirty ass.s the boot.

He is a corrupt board room man.

I wish him a pleasant retirement.

3 Likes

Re: MTN Retires Pascal Dozie As Chairman, Appoints Ernest Ndukwe by cnonyechi(f): 6:06am On Jul 25, 2019
godwinkessi:

Should dey have taken a Fulani man? Igbo amaka!!!!

6 Likes

Re: MTN Retires Pascal Dozie As Chairman, Appoints Ernest Ndukwe by holllandis: 6:06am On Jul 25, 2019
Why do ibos not have young people to take up such positiond
Re: MTN Retires Pascal Dozie As Chairman, Appoints Ernest Ndukwe by Soulsymbol99: 6:07am On Jul 25, 2019
help9:
First diamond, now mtn....Dozie slipping undecided kiss undecided

Like his kids offended him, so he wants 2 make sure notin 4 dem undecided
Re: MTN Retires Pascal Dozie As Chairman, Appoints Ernest Ndukwe by LordBuchi(m): 6:11am On Jul 25, 2019
godwinkessi:
Because, unlike Nigeria Government, agencies and firms they go for competence and not ethnicity. That's why they are above the rest.

4 Likes

Re: MTN Retires Pascal Dozie As Chairman, Appoints Ernest Ndukwe by Bobosneh: 6:12am On Jul 25, 2019
godwinkessi:
ta tan leleyi bayii (who is this one now)
Re: MTN Retires Pascal Dozie As Chairman, Appoints Ernest Ndukwe by Leemekzy: 6:15am On Jul 25, 2019
technicallyrich:

because they are the most creative and talented black people on earth.while their brothers the ijaws are the richest and one of the strongest black tribe on earth.
That is why.
God bless ss and se.
you read my mind. GOD bless u. dont mind the tribalistic nut head.

4 Likes

Re: MTN Retires Pascal Dozie As Chairman, Appoints Ernest Ndukwe by Miketonia: 6:16am On Jul 25, 2019
godwinkessi:
My brother those IBO ppl sabi business. If you want to grow in business add them to your business.
We for Sw na party.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: MTN Retires Pascal Dozie As Chairman, Appoints Ernest Ndukwe by desgiezd(m): 6:18am On Jul 25, 2019
godwinkessi:

And so? Is it about tribes or about good corporate governance and growth that will result into prosperity for the investors and provision of good services for it's numerous subscribers.

If you know Ernest Ndukwe who is replacing Pascal Dozie you would see that MTN is very wise in the choice of their Chairman.

1 Like

Re: MTN Retires Pascal Dozie As Chairman, Appoints Ernest Ndukwe by BareFacedLies(m): 6:24am On Jul 25, 2019
justmenoni:

Ftc for the second time since 2011, would have been three if not for the ban on travel section

All those jubilating after been Ftc, do you all get paid or what Orisirisi

Come and collect your prize for being FTC
Re: MTN Retires Pascal Dozie As Chairman, Appoints Ernest Ndukwe by toprealman: 6:26am On Jul 25, 2019
The fact that MTN was milking Nigerians dry under the watch of Ernest Ndukwe as NCC boss now makes sense. The guy was getting his thank you "Sim pack" for keeping quiet and doing nothing!
Vanity upon vanity......

4 Likes

Re: MTN Retires Pascal Dozie As Chairman, Appoints Ernest Ndukwe by NwannekaUloma(f): 6:26am On Jul 25, 2019
Mr Ndukwe..a very stingy man from my home town..tuah
Re: MTN Retires Pascal Dozie As Chairman, Appoints Ernest Ndukwe by edlion57(m): 6:27am On Jul 25, 2019
godwinkessi:
my brother mtn went for brain ...Igbos are the only ppl that change this country

4 Likes

Re: MTN Retires Pascal Dozie As Chairman, Appoints Ernest Ndukwe by Duggedised12(f): 6:27am On Jul 25, 2019
ifymadu:

Atleast it's not an FG lopsided appointment, it was earned by merit in a private sector devoid of favouritism
you believe this? lol make i nor talk. lipsrsealed
Re: MTN Retires Pascal Dozie As Chairman, Appoints Ernest Ndukwe by SammyTJack: 6:28am On Jul 25, 2019
Better data service ooo please
That's all I ask
Re: MTN Retires Pascal Dozie As Chairman, Appoints Ernest Ndukwe by NwannekaUloma(f): 6:28am On Jul 25, 2019
Mr Ndukwe..that stingy man from my hometown.. tuah
Re: MTN Retires Pascal Dozie As Chairman, Appoints Ernest Ndukwe by awa(m): 6:31am On Jul 25, 2019
godwinkessi:

Because MTN is in Naija for business. They don't want to kill the business by handing it over to your people....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: MTN Retires Pascal Dozie As Chairman, Appoints Ernest Ndukwe by awa(m): 6:32am On Jul 25, 2019
NwannekaUloma:
Mr Ndukwe..that stingy man from my hometown.. tuah

I don't believe you completely Nekyulom even though you are my Darling.... You are not fair in your assessment.
Re: MTN Retires Pascal Dozie As Chairman, Appoints Ernest Ndukwe by Lovelyn451(f): 6:36am On Jul 25, 2019
And

1 Like

Re: MTN Retires Pascal Dozie As Chairman, Appoints Ernest Ndukwe by mvem(m): 6:42am On Jul 25, 2019
awa:

Because MTN is in Naija for business. They don't want to kill the business by handing it over to your people....
the guy you people are quoting intentional posted that to draw your attention and replies...it is obvious...we have a lot of them on nairaland, always wanting to start something tribal from any news

3 Likes

Re: MTN Retires Pascal Dozie As Chairman, Appoints Ernest Ndukwe by Endtimebro: 6:50am On Jul 25, 2019
OP. Is Ndukwe retiring or replacing the out going chairman. Your headline and third paragraph is contracdictin.
Re: MTN Retires Pascal Dozie As Chairman, Appoints Ernest Ndukwe by nototribalist: 6:51am On Jul 25, 2019
godwinkessi:

Ernest Ndukwe was the man handling the coming of all the telcos in NCC during the time of obasanjo.
Re: MTN Retires Pascal Dozie As Chairman, Appoints Ernest Ndukwe by Bellotelli: 6:52am On Jul 25, 2019
Ernest Ndukwe.. You will now see that it's same people heading the regulatory bodies that have larger shares in the company. How are the companies now going to take their customers Serious.

3 Likes

Re: MTN Retires Pascal Dozie As Chairman, Appoints Ernest Ndukwe by Born2Breed(f): 7:05am On Jul 25, 2019
See the list of people on MTN's board and we are blaming South Africa for scamming us with their franchise.

Nigerians are Nigerias worst enemy.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Naira Makes U-turn, Drops To N385 / Are You An Employer? New Scam Discovery / A Tannery In Kano Supplies Leather To Louis-Vuitton (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.