Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,587 members, 7,955,165 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 06:30 PM

MTN Retires Pascal Dozie As Chairman, Appoints Ernest Ndukwe - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / MTN Retires Pascal Dozie As Chairman, Appoints Ernest Ndukwe (31895 Views)

Mastercard Appoints Dozie As Director For Sub-saharan Africa / Breaking: Femi Otedola Leaves Forte Oil As Chairman / Uzoma Dozie Gives Details Of Access And Diamond Banks "Merger" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MTN Retires Pascal Dozie As Chairman, Appoints Ernest Ndukwe by BeijinDossier: 7:21am On Jul 25, 2019
Yeah Anambra born Ernest Ndukwe takes over. Cool

1 Like

Re: MTN Retires Pascal Dozie As Chairman, Appoints Ernest Ndukwe by sylve11: 7:22am On Jul 25, 2019
technicallyrich:

because they are the most creative and talented black people on earth.while their brothers the ijaws are the richest and one of the strongest black tribe on earth.
That is why.
God bless ss and se.

why you nor tell us sey your mama na ibo while your papa na ijaw? sad cool
Re: MTN Retires Pascal Dozie As Chairman, Appoints Ernest Ndukwe by Lordave: 7:24am On Jul 25, 2019
rentAcock:
Just by mere looking at his picture, the man needed to retire. Happy retirement sir. Stay young and agile by dating younger women.
I hope you will willingly give your younger sisters if you have any?
Re: MTN Retires Pascal Dozie As Chairman, Appoints Ernest Ndukwe by Techsunny: 7:24am On Jul 25, 2019
godwinkessi:
Na wa ooo and they took another Ibo man why?
ogun go kill u
Re: MTN Retires Pascal Dozie As Chairman, Appoints Ernest Ndukwe by ScotMisile: 7:24am On Jul 25, 2019
ChemBrodar:
MTN Nigeria has announced the retirement of Pascal Dozie as chairman of its board of directors after 18 years.

He is to be replaced by former chief executive officer of the Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC), Ernest Ndukwe, with effect from September 2, 2019, Igbere TV reports.

Others retired alongside Ndukwe, 80, are vice-chairman, Col. Sani Bello (Rtd); non-ex toecutive director, Victor Odili; non-executive director, Ahmed Dasuki; non-executive director, Babatunde Folawiyo, and non-executive director, Gbenga Oyebode.

A statement released by the company’s spokesman, Funso Aina, on Wednesday, said the men were retired following the expiration of their tenure and in compliance with applicable codes of corporate governance.

Acknowledging the vital contribution made by the outgoing directors over the last 18 years, MTN Nigeria CEO, Ferdinand Moolman, said: “On behalf of MTN Nigeria, I would like to offer our heartfelt thanks to our pioneering Chairman, Pascal Dozie and the outgoing Directors. Our journey over the last 18 years has been incredible, and it would not have been possible without the initial entrepreneurial spirit of our founding directors, and their unfailing and dedicated support for MTN Nigeria’s vision over the years. I could not have asked for a more supportive, knowledgeable and experienced group of advisors.”

Speaking on behalf of the outgoing Directors, Pascal Dozie, said: “In 2001, when I made the first call on the MTN Nigeria network, I don’t think anyone envisaged the pace and scale of growth that we, and the broader telecoms sector would achieve over the next 18 years. It is a unique story that we are immensely proud of.

“Having served as chairman of MTN Nigeria for all of those 18 years, I achieved a long-held ambition earlier this year, when MTN Nigeria listed on the Nigerian Stock Exchange, providing an opportunity for a wider pool of Nigerians to become investors in the company. I cannot think of a better time to be handing over the reins of the company to a new chairman, and to a new group of distinguished Nigerian directors. Not only is this in line with best practice, which we are fully committed to as a member of the premium board of the Nigerian Stock Exchange, it is also absolutely aligned to the company’s future.

“On behalf of the out-going directors, I would like to thank the Board and Management of MTN Nigeria for their support over the years and to welcome the incoming directors. They have a hugely exciting future in front of them, and I believe, the opportunity to make the next 18 years even more successful than the last.”

Mr Aina’s statement added: “The Board of MTN Nigeria Communications Plc. would like to express its appreciation to the six directors for their commitment, leadership and extensive contributions to the success of the Company since their appointment in 2002. The Board wishes them the very best in all their future endeavours.”

Joining Ndukwe on the new board of directors are Michael Onochie Ajukwu, independent non-executive director; Muhammad Ahmad, independent non-executive director; Andrew Alli, non-executive director, and Omobola Johnson, non-executive director.

Mrs Johnson was Nigeria’s minister of communication and technology from 2011 to 2015 under former President Goodluck Jonathan.

Source; http://igberetvnews.com/844099/mtn-retires-pascal-dozie-as-chairman-appoints-ernest-ndukwe/

Lalasticlala Mynd44 Dominique

Tribal sentiments will not allow pple practice professional journalism. PGD is old and needs to rest, so that is why voluntarily retired.... MTN can not retire him.. .He has to retire himself

1 Like

Re: MTN Retires Pascal Dozie As Chairman, Appoints Ernest Ndukwe by tegrianonigltd(m): 7:26am On Jul 25, 2019
chozzy:

Wow .... Ernest Ndukwe, a very brilliant man!
Former Chairman of NCC during OBJ

Omobolaji Johnson, another brilliant woman, former GEJ's
minister of Communications.

MTN get sharp eyes, I swear!

If only buhari is mtn, we would have people as ministers who are sound, we need someone who can run Nigeria like a company, I believe, employ capable hands on merit not I know you

1 Like

Re: MTN Retires Pascal Dozie As Chairman, Appoints Ernest Ndukwe by Drabrah(m): 7:27am On Jul 25, 2019
Money has bn chopped.
U quit wen d ovation is loudest.
Re: MTN Retires Pascal Dozie As Chairman, Appoints Ernest Ndukwe by ScotMisile: 7:32am On Jul 25, 2019
technicallyrich:

because they are the most creative and talented black people on earth.while their brothers the ijaws are the richest and one of the strongest black tribe on earth.
That is why.
God bless ss and se.
Dis one sweet meeee
Re: MTN Retires Pascal Dozie As Chairman, Appoints Ernest Ndukwe by ScotMisile: 7:37am On Jul 25, 2019
maestroferdi:
Pascal Dozie, what a way to finish!

First Diamond Bank went and now MTN leadership..

If only your son was half the man you are...

You really need to understand the man called Paschal . . .He never lost Diamond bank. .. he only converted Diamond bank into shares of another bank... because he knows his sons may not be able to stay the ownership of Diamond for a long time... Especially, as battles increased on the board....
Secondly, PGD is already old, 80!!! Haba... He needs to rest from 0ffice work... But, mind you.. he still has controlling shares in both Access, MTN and stock of others.. .He lived a very successful and well planned life... .

3 Likes

Re: MTN Retires Pascal Dozie As Chairman, Appoints Ernest Ndukwe by kettykin: 7:39am On Jul 25, 2019
TANTUMERGO007:
Always seeing him o
Please delete this
Re: MTN Retires Pascal Dozie As Chairman, Appoints Ernest Ndukwe by mapet: 7:43am On Jul 25, 2019
This headline sounds off....and unprofessional
Re: MTN Retires Pascal Dozie As Chairman, Appoints Ernest Ndukwe by Nobody: 7:43am On Jul 25, 2019
godwinkessi:

Because Igbos are the most popular, hardworking, trustworthy, and the tribe in the whole of Africa.

Take it or leave it!

Igbo amaka

1 Like

Re: MTN Retires Pascal Dozie As Chairman, Appoints Ernest Ndukwe by magzey: 7:50am On Jul 25, 2019
That's Marginalization we will not take it why IPOB always.MTN and Igbos be grin angry

Re: MTN Retires Pascal Dozie As Chairman, Appoints Ernest Ndukwe by ScotMisile: 7:53am On Jul 25, 2019
A lot of kids on NL... Watch closely and understand why PGD and MTN accepted Earnest Ndukwe. It is not because he is from Anambra state(total bull poo),nor because he is Igbo.... .

MTN has been having regulatory issues with NCC which has led to the tune of $10b( if am not mistaken) in fines.

MTN knows that those fines are mere witch-hunting and unfair administration of undue processes. So, they brought in an anti-dote, a former chairman of the regulatory body NCC and another, a former minister of Communication... What other board can a company like MTN ask for.. ..?

4 Likes

Re: MTN Retires Pascal Dozie As Chairman, Appoints Ernest Ndukwe by Mandubekus: 8:00am On Jul 25, 2019
godwinkessi:

Because they are business oriented.
Re: MTN Retires Pascal Dozie As Chairman, Appoints Ernest Ndukwe by Justiceleague1: 8:03am On Jul 25, 2019
Some coneheaded structures people now

grin

Re: MTN Retires Pascal Dozie As Chairman, Appoints Ernest Ndukwe by Mandubekus: 8:04am On Jul 25, 2019
ScotMisile:
A lot of kids on NL... Watch closely and understand why PGD and MTN accepted Earnest Ndukwe. It is not because he is from Anambra state(total bull poo),nor because he is Igbo.... .

MTN has been having regulatory issues with NCC which has led to the tune of $10b( if am not mistaken) in fines.

MTN knows that those fines are mere witch-hunting and unfair administration of undue processes. So, they brought in an anti-dote, a former chairman of the regulatory body NCC and another, a former minister of Communication... What other board can a company like MTN ask for.. ..?
Thats the fact
Re: MTN Retires Pascal Dozie As Chairman, Appoints Ernest Ndukwe by Elemosho478: 8:08am On Jul 25, 2019
mvem:
the guy you people are quoting intentional posted that to draw your attention and replies...it is obvious...we have a lot of them on nairaland, always wanting to start something tribal from any news

The funniest thing is that the guy is even Igbo
Re: MTN Retires Pascal Dozie As Chairman, Appoints Ernest Ndukwe by Elemosho478: 8:10am On Jul 25, 2019
Wizywiz:
u dont hav to bring in ur tribalistic view on this u know

The guy you are even quoting is an Igbo man
Re: MTN Retires Pascal Dozie As Chairman, Appoints Ernest Ndukwe by maestroferdi: 8:11am On Jul 25, 2019
ScotMisile:

You really need to understand the man called Paschal . . .He never lost Diamond bank. .. he only converted Diamond bank into shares of another bank... because he knows his sons may not be able to stay the ownership of Diamond for a long time... Especially, as battles increased on the board....
Secondly, PGD is already old, 80!!! Haba... He needs to rest from 0ffice work... But, mind you.. he still has controlling shares in both Access, MTN and stock of others.. .He lived a very successful and well planned life... .
You didn't get the drift, did you?

It is incontestable that Pascal was a successful corporate czar but the point being made was the fact that his inability to transfer/replicate his leadership on his scions is a failure of some sort.

I am sure he concedes to this fact...

1 Like

Re: MTN Retires Pascal Dozie As Chairman, Appoints Ernest Ndukwe by rummmy: 8:13am On Jul 25, 2019
godwinkessi:
thats where merit work not quota system
Re: MTN Retires Pascal Dozie As Chairman, Appoints Ernest Ndukwe by ScotMisile: 8:15am On Jul 25, 2019
maestroferdi:
You didn't get the drift, did you?

It is incontestable that Pascal was a successful corporate czar but the point being made was the fact that his inability to transfer/replicate his leadership on his scions is a failure of some sort.

I am sure he concedes to this fact...

My friend, we are almost saying the same thing.. . Which is why he securitized his place in Nigerias banking skyline
Re: MTN Retires Pascal Dozie As Chairman, Appoints Ernest Ndukwe by jasmine1600: 8:17am On Jul 25, 2019
Bugs
chozzy:

PMB will never see them to appoint, na all those old illiterates he like to appoint on sensitive positions

1 Like 1 Share

Re: MTN Retires Pascal Dozie As Chairman, Appoints Ernest Ndukwe by mindtricks: 8:19am On Jul 25, 2019
chozzy:

The kind that federal government never wants to have to move the country forward.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: MTN Retires Pascal Dozie As Chairman, Appoints Ernest Ndukwe by maestroferdi: 8:26am On Jul 25, 2019
ScotMisile:

My friend, we are almost saying the same thing.. . Which is why he securitized his place in Nigerias banking skyline
So what was the point of your unsolicited lecture in the first place?
Re: MTN Retires Pascal Dozie As Chairman, Appoints Ernest Ndukwe by maestroferdi: 8:31am On Jul 25, 2019
BeijinDossier:
Yeah Anambra born Ernest Ndukwe takes over. Cool
The school which collected school fees from your parents/guardians "maga"ed them.

You have my sympathies...
Re: MTN Retires Pascal Dozie As Chairman, Appoints Ernest Ndukwe by Ijawwomaninoyo: 8:36am On Jul 25, 2019
Wizywiz:
u dont hav to bring in ur tribalistic view on this u know

If it another tribe, this your comment won't be here.
Re: MTN Retires Pascal Dozie As Chairman, Appoints Ernest Ndukwe by Back2Daura(m): 8:39am On Jul 25, 2019
Please how can I get MTN shares? Urgent please inbox me
Re: MTN Retires Pascal Dozie As Chairman, Appoints Ernest Ndukwe by semyman: 8:40am On Jul 25, 2019
Ernest Ndukwe must have soiled his hands while at the NCC

1 Like

Re: MTN Retires Pascal Dozie As Chairman, Appoints Ernest Ndukwe by Prompto: 8:41am On Jul 25, 2019
Keep fooling your father if it was Aboki that helped themselves to such position your father will be wailing.
technicallyrich:

That is why.
God bless ss and se.
Re: MTN Retires Pascal Dozie As Chairman, Appoints Ernest Ndukwe by ScotMisile: 8:43am On Jul 25, 2019
maestroferdi:
So what was the point of your unsolicited lecture in the first place?

The man PGD never failed... He only restrategised . ..and only the brilliant knows he never failed...
Re: MTN Retires Pascal Dozie As Chairman, Appoints Ernest Ndukwe by BeijinDossier: 8:46am On Jul 25, 2019
You are very stupid. Are you pained over my comment? Let it pain you well well. I sympathize with you miserable vagabond

[s]
maestroferdi:
The school which collected school fees from your parents/guardians "maga"ed them.You have my sympathies...
[/s]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Starting Up A Night Club In Nigeria / A Visit To Oja Tuntun (New Market) In Ilorin, Kwara State (Pictures) / Was I Scammed By The Bank Or POS Operator?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.