Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,015 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:35 AM

Olawale Sulaiman: Biography Of Neurosurgeon Who Performs Free Surgery In Nigeria - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Olawale Sulaiman: Biography Of Neurosurgeon Who Performs Free Surgery In Nigeria (60550 Views)

Osun Woman Refuses Free Surgery To Remove Her Goitre; Asks For 300,000 Instead. / Mathias Nnadi, Neurosurgeon, Dies Of COVID-19 Disease / The Nurse Who Performs Heart Pacemaker Surgery....bbc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Olawale Sulaiman: Biography Of Neurosurgeon Who Performs Free Surgery In Nigeria by aremuforlife(m): 1:42pm On Jul 25, 2019
Yoruba has the highest philanthropist in Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Olawale Sulaiman: Biography Of Neurosurgeon Who Performs Free Surgery In Nigeria by ednut1(m): 1:43pm On Jul 25, 2019
His type.can never make minister
Re: Olawale Sulaiman: Biography Of Neurosurgeon Who Performs Free Surgery In Nigeria by TONYE001(m): 1:43pm On Jul 25, 2019
enemyofprogress:
He is a Yoruba man, please take note of that, he is not a Igbo

Come on! Can we please kill this tribal brouhaha?

Brother, please..

4 Likes

Re: Olawale Sulaiman: Biography Of Neurosurgeon Who Performs Free Surgery In Nigeria by Quorax: 1:43pm On Jul 25, 2019
AwkaetitiBabe:
Selfless.

Takes an enlightened soul to do this. Those who keep hoarding wealth [b](and knowledge) [/b]and all that simply do not understand what life is all about.
GBAMESTICALLY cool
Re: Olawale Sulaiman: Biography Of Neurosurgeon Who Performs Free Surgery In Nigeria by ismoney: 1:43pm On Jul 25, 2019
Great news oh/
Re: Olawale Sulaiman: Biography Of Neurosurgeon Who Performs Free Surgery In Nigeria by Karemarealty288(m): 1:43pm On Jul 25, 2019
enemyofprogress:

I deliver your from divisive ignorance and bigotry... He is a Nigerian is what that matters.

Yoruba Amaka... grin
Igbo Amaka.... grin
Hausa...Amaka. grin
Fulani.....I dey come..

1 Like

Re: Olawale Sulaiman: Biography Of Neurosurgeon Who Performs Free Surgery In Nigeria by foolbuster: 1:44pm On Jul 25, 2019
Trendme:
grin positive goat �

I should have known betternthan engage one of the many nairaland idiots.

2 Likes

Re: Olawale Sulaiman: Biography Of Neurosurgeon Who Performs Free Surgery In Nigeria by EduTechTainMent: 1:45pm On Jul 25, 2019
Elemosho478:
Nigeria is a country full of enormous talents who operates both within and outside the country.

One of such people is Dr Olawale Sulaiman who is a professor of neurosurgery and spine surgery. He is also the system chairman of department of neurosurgery at Ochsner health system in New Orleans, Louisiana, in America. Sulaiman also serves as co-medical director of Ochsner Neuroscience Institute and medical director of the most comprehensive spine center in the region.

Dr Olawale Sulaiman is recognised as one of the best spine surgeons in the USA and is skilled in the application of minimally invasive techniques to treat spinal disorders. He also founded RNZ Global with the belief that: "There are tremendous number of brilliant Nigerians in diaspora who will significantly contrute to raising the standard of healthcare in Nigeria, based in the metro area of New Orleans who operates and renders his medical expertise in US and Nigeria."

The motivation according to him: " if I have been given all these opportunities in life and the least I can do is to give back to the society. " He stated further that: “My philosophy is whether you are Nigerian, Vietnamese, an American, everybody should have access to some degree of good quality healthcare.”

Dr Sulaiman's medical mission in Nigeria started in 2010 with his coming to the country every few months. Now, he shuttles between USA and Nigeria every month spending seven to ten days performing free surgery and saving lives.

To achieve his medical mission in his country of birth, Dr Sulaiman agreed with Ochsner to give up 15% of his salary so he can have a flexible schedule to travel to Nigeria. In the last five years, Sulaiman and his team have performed surgeries for over 500 patients.

They have also screened and provided preventative medicine to more than 5,000 people. Ochsner on the other hand has supported his efforts by sending supplies overseas with him. Sulaiman has developed programmes to train Nigerians back home so they can spread healthcare to those with no access.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P25k_isxhaM

https://www.legit.ng/1250757-us-based-nigerian-neurosurgeon-olawale-sulaiman-flies-home-monthly-save-lives.html

I don't care about his name or ethnicity or religion. All I care about is his altruism and patriotism. Every other thing is irrelevant.

If only we all can emulate this, Nigeria would be great. Imagine a situation where all our learned citizens from all walks of life decide to come back to their motherland. We would indeed be a force to be reckoned with.

God Bless Dr Sulaiman Olawale and all like him. May they keep blossoming like the early morning sun flower.

4 Likes

Re: Olawale Sulaiman: Biography Of Neurosurgeon Who Performs Free Surgery In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:46pm On Jul 25, 2019
The guy should be very very careful. Nigerians have no compunction about robbing kidnapping and murdering charitable doctors

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Olawale Sulaiman: Biography Of Neurosurgeon Who Performs Free Surgery In Nigeria by writeprof(m): 1:46pm On Jul 25, 2019
Good work. I hope you become Minister of Health one day and the 'system' allows you to do well like this.

1 Like

Re: Olawale Sulaiman: Biography Of Neurosurgeon Who Performs Free Surgery In Nigeria by EduTechTainMent: 1:47pm On Jul 25, 2019
EduTechTainMent:

I don't care about his name or ethnicity or religion. All I care about is his altruism and patriotism. Every other thing is irrelevant.

If only we all can emulate this, Nigeria would be great. Imagine a situation where all our learned citizens from all walks of life decide to come back to their motherland. We would indeed be a force to be reckoned with.

God Bless Dr Sulaiman Olawale and all like him. May they keep blossoming like the early morning sun flower.

If this should happen, all the so perceived great nations would bend a knee and run begging our government to pls reconsider and allow our talented brothers and sisters stay back to develop their countries
Re: Olawale Sulaiman: Biography Of Neurosurgeon Who Performs Free Surgery In Nigeria by enemyofprogress: 1:48pm On Jul 25, 2019
TONYE001:

Come on! Can we please kill this tribal brouhaha?

Brother, please..
He is a Yoruba man, please take note of that, he is not a Igbo.

Truth is bitter leaf tongue tongue

1 Like

Re: Olawale Sulaiman: Biography Of Neurosurgeon Who Performs Free Surgery In Nigeria by enemyofprogress: 1:48pm On Jul 25, 2019
Karemarealty288:

I deliver your from divisive ignorance and bigotry... He is a Nigerian is what that matters.

Yoruba Amaka... grin
Igbo Amaka.... grin
Hausa...Amaka. grin
Fulani.....I dey come..

1 Like

Re: Olawale Sulaiman: Biography Of Neurosurgeon Who Performs Free Surgery In Nigeria by ziziangel(m): 1:49pm On Jul 25, 2019
Service to HUMANITY is the only medium to pay our earthly rent- Mohammed Ali
Re: Olawale Sulaiman: Biography Of Neurosurgeon Who Performs Free Surgery In Nigeria by pre4drums: 1:50pm On Jul 25, 2019
Trendme:
Them. Go kill am Las las

[b][/b]

With the way you think, I doubt if you deserve to be engaged in any form of legitimate business. Change your mentality, and get the best out of life......I wish you all the best in your endeavours.

4 Likes

Re: Olawale Sulaiman: Biography Of Neurosurgeon Who Performs Free Surgery In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:50pm On Jul 25, 2019
If only the yorubas can see how they're wasting time and potential all in the name of Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Olawale Sulaiman: Biography Of Neurosurgeon Who Performs Free Surgery In Nigeria by vixpal: 1:51pm On Jul 25, 2019
Great job brother
Re: Olawale Sulaiman: Biography Of Neurosurgeon Who Performs Free Surgery In Nigeria by DemolaUnbias(m): 1:51pm On Jul 25, 2019
Proud of you, Omo Olupo ni Ajase Ipo, Kwara State.. Continue with your good work Allah Rahaman wld surely reward you
Re: Olawale Sulaiman: Biography Of Neurosurgeon Who Performs Free Surgery In Nigeria by morningsta(m): 1:52pm On Jul 25, 2019
God bless you sir.

I pray that you enjoy the fulfillment that comes with uplifting the hopeless.
Re: Olawale Sulaiman: Biography Of Neurosurgeon Who Performs Free Surgery In Nigeria by lekbel09(m): 1:53pm On Jul 25, 2019
enemyofprogress:
Am a Yoruba but I clearly can see that your sense is under your feet

2 Likes

Re: Olawale Sulaiman: Biography Of Neurosurgeon Who Performs Free Surgery In Nigeria by enemyofprogress: 1:53pm On Jul 25, 2019
lekbel09:
Am a Yoruba but I clearly can see that your sense is under your feet
Re: Olawale Sulaiman: Biography Of Neurosurgeon Who Performs Free Surgery In Nigeria by lekbel09(m): 1:53pm On Jul 25, 2019
highcollide:
If only the yorubas can see how they're wasting time and potential all in the name of Nigeria
Am telling you,it s frustrating

1 Like

Re: Olawale Sulaiman: Biography Of Neurosurgeon Who Performs Free Surgery In Nigeria by Born2Breed(f): 1:54pm On Jul 25, 2019
This is greatness!!!

What he is doing is a very big deal cos we have less than 80 neurosurgeon's in Nigeria.

He deserves a MFR better still a CFR.

2 Likes

Re: Olawale Sulaiman: Biography Of Neurosurgeon Who Performs Free Surgery In Nigeria by hatedisplace: 1:55pm On Jul 25, 2019
enemyofprogress:
my uncle flies from the UK every 3 months to perform free heart surgery in Lagos and Enugu. Is is Igbo. There's nothing new about this. Stop the tribalism. Face your leaders.

2 Likes

Re: Olawale Sulaiman: Biography Of Neurosurgeon Who Performs Free Surgery In Nigeria by enemyofprogress: 1:56pm On Jul 25, 2019
hatedisplace:
my uncle flies from the UK every 3 months to perform free heart surgery in Lagos and Enugu. Is is Igbo. There's nothing new about this. Stop the tribalism. Face your leaders.
every 3 months? Very stingy man!

Re: Olawale Sulaiman: Biography Of Neurosurgeon Who Performs Free Surgery In Nigeria by solsticey2k3(m): 1:56pm On Jul 25, 2019
An Angel of Light in human flesh cool.

God bless him, his family and his unborn generation. smiley
Re: Olawale Sulaiman: Biography Of Neurosurgeon Who Performs Free Surgery In Nigeria by benedo(m): 1:57pm On Jul 25, 2019
Ebimor96:
grin

Sometimes when you are trying to be funny whilst seemingly deriding and looking down at peopple of other tribes,the very pungent odour of inferiority complex, envy, bitterness, illiteracy, crass ignorance and other insecurities just oozzes out...God save Nigeria from fake as keyboard supermen...who only grow balls to abuse and deride others whilst safely tucked behind any kind of keyboard.
Re: Olawale Sulaiman: Biography Of Neurosurgeon Who Performs Free Surgery In Nigeria by Haggui: 1:57pm On Jul 25, 2019
God bless him

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nursing Student Of Madonna University Dies In Her Sleep (Photos) / Stop Using Toothpaste To Tighten Your Vagina - Expert / Nigerians React As Lady Uses Champagne To Wash Her Private Parts (VIDEO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.