Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,895 members, 7,817,637 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:03 PM

Why Do Banks Recruit Regularly? - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Why Do Banks Recruit Regularly? (22000 Views)

How Much Do Banks Pay Workforce Outsourcing Staffs / EFCC To Recruit 2,250; 750 Employees Per Year As Buhari Approves Recruitment / FIRS To Recruit 7,500 Graduates And 5,000 Non-Graduates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Banks Recruit Regularly? by crackhouse(m): 3:15pm On Jul 26, 2019
Because they sack regularly.
Re: Why Do Banks Recruit Regularly? by BrainnewsRadio(f): 3:15pm On Jul 26, 2019
The only reason am familiar with is;
1. For their newly built branch (es)
Re: Why Do Banks Recruit Regularly? by micellgevity: 3:17pm On Jul 26, 2019
raphemmanuel:
Hello Nairalanders,

Hope ur day was great. I come to think of this;

How is it that Banks always recruit new workers every year. Every time u keep seeing an advert from one bank yearly.

This have kept me wandering what happens to the ones the recruit of recent?

Does it mean that they were fired due to one reason or the other, or the employees quit the job by themselves or the banks are expanding, opening other branches on different locations and because of this reason they needed more hands.

What could be the cause of regular employment by banks?

Please I will need ur ideas from those that have an idea...
The answer to your question is simple. They employ regularly because they sack regularly.
Re: Why Do Banks Recruit Regularly? by Nobody: 3:17pm On Jul 26, 2019
1- people leave for places like canada, uk, australia
2- some go to other banks for promotion
3- some get fired
4. banking gives you access to HNIs so you can get contracts or business deals easily and quit
5. a typical bank has 2000 to 3000 staff those recruitments are not usually up to 50 to 100

1 Like

Re: Why Do Banks Recruit Regularly? by enemyofprogress: 3:17pm On Jul 26, 2019
Because they steal from their customers regularly
Re: Why Do Banks Recruit Regularly? by Nobody: 3:18pm On Jul 26, 2019
Becos they always send most off their staff away after evaluation, hence the need to employ replacment
Re: Why Do Banks Recruit Regularly? by Aare2050(m): 3:20pm On Jul 26, 2019
because most times its always on contract

watch news headline in Yoruba language

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWDht39tQJM
Re: Why Do Banks Recruit Regularly? by paddyofboss(m): 3:20pm On Jul 26, 2019
chuksp09:

I think the OP is referring to the Graduate Trainee programmes...
The poster got it right. Graduate trainee customer care they earn 80k , they go to work Monday to Sunday though on shifts but it's very tasking.. I have a friend that works there he is in their HQ

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Banks Recruit Regularly? by ohbio(m): 3:21pm On Jul 26, 2019
raphemmanuel:
Hello Nairalanders,

How is it that Banks always recruit new workers every year. Every time u keep seeing an advert from one bank yearly.

Does it mean that they were fired due to one reason or the other, or the employees quit the job by themselves or the banks are expanding, opening other branches on different locations and because of this reason they needed more hands.

because they sack regularly
Re: Why Do Banks Recruit Regularly? by nairamaniac: 3:23pm On Jul 26, 2019
clive2u:
Your question is kinda irrelevant, no offence

Na u find trouble. U were unnecessarily rude to the op. Or you thot u would get away with it cos you added "no offence".

Let me give u a dirty slap and add " no offence".

13 Likes

Re: Why Do Banks Recruit Regularly? by Ugosample(m): 3:24pm On Jul 26, 2019
Safari29:
people move bro. they either get tired, get a better offer or get sacked after a while and leave. it applies to most companies. some do in-sourcing, so you might not see their advert. A friend just left Firstbank that i have been rooting for, management position o, to Canada

its like Canada is the new in thing

a fmr classmate of mine at PwC told me that many In his firm have left for Canada o
And even him is processing same

I was like shocked shocked

this is the same job that 80% of Nigerian youths will kill for

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Banks Recruit Regularly? by ajumma(m): 3:24pm On Jul 26, 2019
raphemmanuel:
Mind u, I never made it compulsory for everyone to answer.

U should have behave urself by ignoring this thread and move-on since the question is irrelevant.

Learn to mind ur business...
U must not include urself on every matter.

Imagine empty skull like you, and u thought u are better than those contributing.

Close ur mouth wen ur brain is empty.

Why picking offence ,,,,simply ignore and move on
Re: Why Do Banks Recruit Regularly? by mysticwarrior(m): 3:25pm On Jul 26, 2019
The new generation banks tends to employ young and good looking people, if a female banker starts having more than one kid as a banker the bank will be looking of an excuse to sack her, if a male banker has reached the Age of 42 the bank would also be looking for a way to sack him so they can be replaced with fresh looking young blood, that is why you see banks employing all the time, but this doesn't apply to all banks.
Re: Why Do Banks Recruit Regularly? by newmanadrian(m): 3:25pm On Jul 26, 2019
That's because they sack regularly. Thats what u call high staff turnover.
Re: Why Do Banks Recruit Regularly? by Nobody: 3:26pm On Jul 26, 2019
raphemmanuel:
Hello Nairalanders,

Because they fire regularly... grin
Re: Why Do Banks Recruit Regularly? by Ugosample(m): 3:34pm On Jul 26, 2019
mysticwarrior:
The new generation banks tends to employ young and good looking people, if a female banker starts having more than one kid as a banker the bank will be looking of an excuse to sack her, if a male banker has reached the Age of 42 the bank would also be looking for a way to sack him so they can be replaced with fresh looking young blood, that is why you see banks employing all the time, but this doesn't apply to all banks.

more like the banks exploit the vigour of young people

And drop them when they are done

only to get new willing younger hands and brains to take over

it's a pity

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Banks Recruit Regularly? by clive2u(m): 3:35pm On Jul 26, 2019
raphemmanuel:
What's the meaning of the boldedI myself do not insult you as well, I was just trying to tell u things that can keep you out of troubles in future...

Please don't quote me again?
if the word irrelevant is insulting to you then i give up.
sorry sir

Re: Why Do Banks Recruit Regularly? by Ttipsy(f): 3:37pm On Jul 26, 2019
u b winch?? don't you want jobless pipo to be jobful
Re: Why Do Banks Recruit Regularly? by nonix22(m): 3:41pm On Jul 26, 2019
you did not add lay-off regularly too
Re: Why Do Banks Recruit Regularly? by mysticwarrior(m): 3:51pm On Jul 26, 2019
Ugosample:

more like the banks exploit the vigour of young people

And drop them when they are done

only to get new willing younger hands and brains to take over

it's a pity
absolutely
Re: Why Do Banks Recruit Regularly? by deji17: 3:54pm On Jul 26, 2019
I dont think lay off is common except in the situation of merger, acquisition or fold up.
The reason is because of population growth and becuase bankers resign then move on to other things like business , other professions and immigration. I also think banking is one of the stressful jobs, hence the high personnell turnover.
Re: Why Do Banks Recruit Regularly? by udemzyudex(m): 4:06pm On Jul 26, 2019
clive2u:
i never insulted u man. get a grip

u could have done better than insulting

guys like u that swing into insults as first reaction can't stand being trolled so just chill

You brought it upon yourself, so take it the way you see it.

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Banks Recruit Regularly? by sahm4u2nv(m): 4:09pm On Jul 26, 2019
Because they sack always

No Job security

Eni Ori yo odi le grin
Re: Why Do Banks Recruit Regularly? by Nobody: 4:10pm On Jul 26, 2019
clive2u:

guys like u that swing into insults as first reaction can't stand being trolled so just chill
You acted so low with your initial respond to him. He only ask a simple question and you could have just past on if you had nothing to say.
Re: Why Do Banks Recruit Regularly? by oluwaahmed: 4:13pm On Jul 26, 2019
clive2u:

O boy that guy get bad mouth, see as him end you. He said u should close your mouth when you brain is empty. Chaiii, u trolled a savage dude

8 Likes

Re: Why Do Banks Recruit Regularly? by vital94(m): 4:17pm On Jul 26, 2019
they recruit regularly because they sack regularly

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Banks Recruit Regularly? by Nobody: 4:31pm On Jul 26, 2019
CarlyX8:
They sack on a regular, after evaluation there is something they call it, I think points usually done by your supervisor, if you don't reach the minimum point, u will be asked to leave

What about the graduate entry recruits? Someone i know passed through their training school last year and after meeting the 3M target, she was placed in operation department as a supervisor. So i don't understand how a supervisor would have a supervisor.
Re: Why Do Banks Recruit Regularly? by Yankee101: 4:37pm On Jul 26, 2019
High turnover
Re: Why Do Banks Recruit Regularly? by phonemakemoney: 4:45pm On Jul 26, 2019
Banking jobs are very insecure this days and they give ridiculous targets to their staff coupled with the risk of fraud or incomplete money, and finally contract staffing and underemployment in the banks makes people leave the job within a short period of working.
Re: Why Do Banks Recruit Regularly? by Gerrard59(m): 4:48pm On Jul 26, 2019
Kinzman:
There are a lot of reasons for that:

1) Some employees voluntarily resign and move on;

2) Performance appraisals are periodically done and those who fall below the threshold are asked to go;

3) New roles and/or new business units are created which require new hands;

4) Banks usually have a specific budget for staff salary, so when there is a promotion exercise or salary review, the only way to maintain the budget is to purge out some middle-level staff with high salary and bring in some entry level staff with low salary;

5) Also, some staff members with questionable records are periodically identified and relieved, which creates some sort of openings.

This best answers the question.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Banks Recruit Regularly? by Okoroawusa: 4:49pm On Jul 26, 2019
Pls is it true that new bank marketers r paid #30k as salary?

I have this fresh graduate with FCMB as marketer,she said her salary is #30k

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How I Ignorantly Lost A Job Opportunity / "The First 5 Things Recruiters Check In Your Application" - Vineck.com / N5k Salary Increase After 6 Years. Should I Continue?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.