|Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 2,757,838 members, 6,554,495 topics. Date: Sunday, 24 October 2021 at 11:59 PM
|Zanzibar In Tanzania Or Kigali Ruanda - Choice Of Vacation by halfcurrent(m): 8:28am On Jul 26, 2019|
Good morning and greetings to all Nairalanders.
Please I need your input/advise on a choice of vacation location.
My family and I (me, my wife and two children) are considering doing our vacation this year in an African country. Choice of location is either Kigali or Zanzibar. Please for those of you that may have experienced both or any of these location, I need your candid advice/suggestion/choice on any of these locations. What would be your choice of family vacation location? Thanks so much.
|Re: Zanzibar In Tanzania Or Kigali Ruanda - Choice Of Vacation by Evidenx(m): 5:55pm On Jul 26, 2019|
IF I WAS THE ONE I DID CHOOSE RWANDA, REASON IS BECAUSE RWANDA IS MORE BEAUTIFUL AND GIVES YOU THE FEELING LIKE YOU TRAVELLED ABROAD TO WESTERN WORLD AND YET ITS AN AFRICAN COUNTRY.
AND ONE MORE,D PRESIDENT OF RWANDA IS THE ONLY SANE AFRICAN PRESIDENT I KNOW OF. IN A COUPLE OF YEARS RWANDA WILL RANK WILL WESTERN COUNTRIES BECAUSE THE PRESIDENT IS REALLY TRYING.
|Re: Zanzibar In Tanzania Or Kigali Ruanda - Choice Of Vacation by grandstar(m): 9:57pm On Jul 26, 2019|
Kigali any day
|Re: Zanzibar In Tanzania Or Kigali Ruanda - Choice Of Vacation by Ugosample(m): 10:02pm On Jul 26, 2019|
Kigali for me
|Re: Zanzibar In Tanzania Or Kigali Ruanda - Choice Of Vacation by okeyglm: 12:21am On Jul 27, 2019|
Tourism level Tanzania all the way nothing is in rwanda
|Re: Zanzibar In Tanzania Or Kigali Ruanda - Choice Of Vacation by good4all40: 2:37am On Jul 27, 2019|
For tourism purpose you can go to Tanzania, but if you have not been to first world country before and want to have a little taste of how it may look like then l will say KIGALI, I don't know how Paul Kagame did it, but obviously he is the best performing president in Africa at the moment, our president needs to go and learn how to govern a country from him.
|Re: Zanzibar In Tanzania Or Kigali Ruanda - Choice Of Vacation by Odinwa(m): 6:17am On Jul 27, 2019|
Please I also want to visit another African country. But the issue is that I haven't travelled out of Nigeria before and I don't know how to start.
I have always wanted to visit Rwanda or Ethiopia but I have no clue on how to start the process.
Please your candid advice will go a long way. Thanks
|Re: Zanzibar In Tanzania Or Kigali Ruanda - Choice Of Vacation by Evidenx(m): 11:35am On Jul 27, 2019|
Odinwa:GO TO THE TRAVEL SECTION OF NAIRALAND, SEARCH RWANDA OR ETHIOPIA,ALL D INFORMATION YOU NEED IS THERE SIR.
|Re: Zanzibar In Tanzania Or Kigali Ruanda - Choice Of Vacation by Odinwa(m): 7:29pm On Jul 27, 2019|
You think I havent done that?
It's still bringing this thread to me. If you have any information to pass, please do so.
|Re: Zanzibar In Tanzania Or Kigali Ruanda - Choice Of Vacation by Evidenx(m): 8:03pm On Jul 27, 2019|
Odinwa:Types of Rwandan Visas available to Nigerians
There are different types of visas available for Nigerians to visit Rwanda depending on the purpose of travel. However, applying for any form of Rwandan visa is a relatively easy process. The types of visa includes:
1. Tourist visa: this type of visa is for those willing to visit Rwanda for tourism purpose. In addition, the tourist visa is divided into;
2. Class T2 Tourist Visa: this is available applicants travelling to Rwanda for holiday, sightseeing, social or recreational purpose or other short term non work purpose.
3. Class T3 Tourist – Family : issued to applicants intending to visit a family member or a close relative who lives and works in Rwanda.
Such relatives include spouse, parent, brother, sister, child, adopted child, aunt, niece, nephew, cousin, grandparent, grandchild and the ‘step’ equivalent of these.
More Importantly, the class T3 visa may be issued in single or multiple entry( with strong convincing ability of applicant) and a validity period of ninety (90) days.
1. that Applicants for T3 visa must provide a copy of the resident relatives Foreigners identity card
2. The T3 class tourist visa does not permit holders to work in Rwanda
3. The Class T4 Visiting Diplomat Visa: issued to applicants who intend to visit Rwanda as Diplomats for official purposes. The diplomat visa is free and can be valid for up to two years. It is usually issued as multiple entry visa and allows holders to travel with dependent if required.
4. The Class T5 Job search Visa: issued to individuals who fall under the category of skilled worker and whose occupation is on the Occupations in Demand List (ODL), seeking employment.
Note: You can get click here to download the ODL
However, the ClassT5 visa does not give permission to applicants to work in Rwanda. unless they have obtained a temporary resident permit.
1. The Class T7 Business Visa: is issued to individuals who are travelling to Rwandan for business. This could be prospective Investors, Entrepreneur or Trader. This class of visa can be valid for 90 days and is issued in multiple entry
2. The Class T8 Medical Treatment Visa: for individuals who require medical services in Rwanda. Applicants for the T8 visa must be able to provide evidence of an appointment with medical consultants in Rwanda in a public or private health facility.
3. The Class T6 Conference Visa: This is for individuals travelling to Rwanda to attend a conference, meeting or workshop or to speak at such events. It can be a single entry conference visa ( T6-1) or a multiple entry visa (T6-2)
Other types of Rwandan Tourist visa include
1. The Class T-9 group visa: issued to individuals traveling as a member of a group of four to ten tourists individually. Also, it can also be issued to a group organized by a tour operator. The T-9 visa is issued to each member of the group and holders are expected to enter into the country at the same and exit the same way. For members who intend to enter and exit differently, they should apply for a different class of visa.
2. Class T-10 Itinerant visa: this is for individuals who are business people or traders engaged in business activities in Rwanda and with an impending need to regularly visit and work in the country. It could also be issued to a board member of a company who has to travel regularly to attend board meetings in Rwanda.
Note that such company is expected to provide an investment certificate from RDB
1. The Class T-11 Bridging visa : class of visa suitable for individuals that have lost their status in Rwanda. The visa allows such persons to stay temporarily in Rwanda until they can get a substantive visa or permit for their departure from Rwanda.
2. The Class T12 East Africa Tourist visa : is for individuals visiting Rwanda, Uganda and Kenya simultaneously for tourism or holiday purpose
3. The Class V1 Entry Visa: this class of visa is issued to those intending to travel to Rwanda for a purpose other than work, business or tourism. You can find more information about the entry visa here V-1(S) Single Entry Visa :
You can click here for more information on the entry visa
The entry visa can either be single (referred to as V-1 (S)) or multiple entry visa also called V-1(M).
3. The class V2 Crew visa: is issued to individuals who are travelling to Rwanda as crew members and valid for only 72 hours on single entry.
4. The Class Q-1 Transit Visa: is issued to individuals transiting through Rwanda to a another destination for a period not exceeding 72 hours.
Rwanda Visa Requirements for Nigerian Citizens
It is possible to obtain a visa on arrival for a stay of 30 days. However, individuals willing to travel for this duration must provide the following documents;
1. A passport valid at least six months at the point of entry and beyond your intended duration of stay in Rwanda. this passport must have at least two blank visa pages.
Note: Rwanda may not allow amended pages at the back of applicants’ passport for their visa stamps
1. Evidence of adequate funds to support you during the period of study in form of a bank statement of at least six months (usually a bank balance of between four (4) to six (6) million naira is required.
2. Confirmed return or on-ward ticket
3. Completely and accurately filled Rwandan visa application form with signature
4. Two recent, clean coloured passports photographs. These should be in a light plain background and 2 by 2 in dimension
Note: the Rwanda authority allows upload of photos in the place of physical passport photos
1. A note containing information about your visit to Rwanda, your purpose of visit, intended duration of stay and places you intend to visit.
2. An itinerary showing your provisional airline bookings, the hotels you booked and addresses (physical and contact address including phone numbers for verification) as well as a detailed schedule of your activities during your stay in Rwanda
3. A medical evidence showing proof of yellow fever vaccination.
Note: This is not especially required to obtain a visa but may need to be shown at the point o entry
More information on Rwanda Visa Requirements for Nigerians
1. It is very important that you enquire with the airline you intend to use if they allow passengers to board without a visa as your visa will only be issued to you on arrival at Rwanda.
2. it is also advised that you opt for getting your visa prior to arrival as it is possible for an individual to be refused visa on arrival. The Rwandan Immigration Authorities reserve the right to refuse entry to anyone for any reason based on their discretion.
How to Apply for a Rwanda Visa in Nigeria
Step 1: Check your eligibility for a Rwandan visa. One of the conditions that make may you ineligible is to have incomplete documents
Step2: Prepare all your required documents. Also, ensure you check specific documents for each visa type to avoid missing necessary documents .
Step 3: Fill the Rwandan Visa application form. You may decide to apply for a Rwanda visa online, at the embassy or complete your visa processing at the point of entry. You are required to fil the form correctly and completely.
Step 4: Pay your visa application fees. If you are applying online, you will have the option of paying your visa fees online. Otherwise you will be required to pay at the embassy.
1. Fees for visa application processing ae usually not refundable. In the case where an application is refused, or withdrawn by the applicant, refunds of fees will not be made.
2.An applicant must complete all documents and meet all requirements. Evidence for several documents maybe required online, at the Rwandan embassy or at the entry point.
3. The validity of any visa type and the number of entries is usually stated in the information aspect for different classes of Rwandan visa. You can visit the Rwandan immigration website at https://www.migration.gov.rw details on validity and number of entries for your visa type.
4. Visa Extension: It is possible to extend your stay for some specific types of visa. If you intend to stay longer than you originally i tended or stated on your visa, you are required to apply for a visa extension while your original remains valid.
NOTE: After a visa loses its validity, the visa holder is only allowed a maximum of five (5) days to leave the country or renew the visa else such holder will face consequences.
|Re: Zanzibar In Tanzania Or Kigali Ruanda - Choice Of Vacation by Evidenx(m): 9:17pm On Jul 27, 2019|
Odinwa:HOW TO APPLY FOR ETHIOPIA VISA IN NIGERIA
Generally, there are two ways to process Visa to Ethiopia:
1. Through the Ethiopia Embassy
2. By processing the visa online
THROUGH THE ETHIOPIA EMBASSY IN NIGERIA
Currently, this option is the only one that is available to Nigeria.
The processing is as follows:
1. Obtain a visa application form at the Ethiopia embassy.
2. Carefully fill in your particulars, sign and date the form.
3. Attach the following documents:
ETHIOPIA EMBASSY VISA REQUIREMENTS
Your International passport with at least 6 months validity and unused visa pages
A recently acquired passport sized coloured photograph with a plain/light background
Photocopy of the data page of your passport.
Evidence of basic travelling allowance sufficient to cover your entire stay in Ethiopia.
Evidence of hotel reservation.
Evidence of flight booking indicating the departure and arrival dates.
If you’re going on visiting – Letter of invitation from the person inviting you.
The person’s national identity card/residence card or international passport.
If you’re going on business – Letter of invitation from the company or organization you’re visiting in Ethiopia.
Photocopy of the company’s certificate of incorporation
Letter of introduction from your employer.
Tax clearance certificate.
International certificate of vaccination against yellow fever.
A letter of authorization from the Ethiopian immigration department.
Police clearance certificate.
All the documents you’re submitting must come with a set of photo copies.
how to apply for Ethiopia visa in Nigeria
STILL ON HOW TO APPLY FOR ETHIOPIA VISA IN NIGERIA – TYPES OF VISA YOU CAN GET AT THE ETHIOPIA EMBASSY
1. Tourist visa – Single and multiple entries
2. Business visa – Single and Multiple entries.
3. Student visa.
4. Employment visa.
After the compilation of all the required documents, the visa applicant should submit them to the Ethiopia Embassy.
At the point of submission, the applicant should do the following:
Pay the visa application processing fee
Submit himself for biometric fingerprint formality.
Submit a self-addressed envelope.
|Re: Zanzibar In Tanzania Or Kigali Ruanda - Choice Of Vacation by Predstan: 9:39pm On Jul 27, 2019|
The opposition of the President keep disappearing. Kagame was one who lead the Homicide of the Then President. No African President is sane. Kagame is a Dictator. But he's doing fine in Rwanda, the country is beautiful and there is 24/7 electoricity... Kigali is nice but not other places e.g Huye Butari
|Re: Zanzibar In Tanzania Or Kigali Ruanda - Choice Of Vacation by Predstan: 9:39pm On Jul 27, 2019|
Odinwa:I travelled to Ethiopia and Rwanda at the same time. Just get your Rwanda Tourist Visa and book your flight with Ethiopia airline to transit through Addid Ababa
|Re: Zanzibar In Tanzania Or Kigali Ruanda - Choice Of Vacation by Evidenx(m): 9:54pm On Jul 27, 2019|
Predstan:Haha...lol. at least you agree he is doing fine in Rwanda. I wish it can say that of buhari. �
|Re: Zanzibar In Tanzania Or Kigali Ruanda - Choice Of Vacation by Evidenx(m): 10:45pm On Jul 27, 2019|
https://www.nairaland.com/4592918/sights-sounds-rwanda-pics click and see. better country.
|Re: Zanzibar In Tanzania Or Kigali Ruanda - Choice Of Vacation by SirVintageCock: 10:56am On Jul 28, 2019|
If you can't afford the African countries. Try Gembu, the remote city located in the southernmost point of the Nigerian Taraba-Adamawa plateau. Colder than Jos with jaw breaking and beautiful sceneries and neck breaking roads, the likes you see in the Rwandan plateaus..
It gives the feel of a foreign country without much of the rowdy Nigerian essence.
I think the only reason Nigerians run abroad for vacation is to get away from Nigeria and its ultra chronic madness including the people, air, water, food etc. If not, we have many beautiful an unexplored vacation spots.
|Re: Zanzibar In Tanzania Or Kigali Ruanda - Choice Of Vacation by halfcurrent(m): 3:22pm On Aug 04, 2019|
Thanks to everyone. I really appreciate your valuable contributions. It appears Rwanda has it. Will be off with family in two weeks time. Thanks again
|Re: Zanzibar In Tanzania Or Kigali Ruanda - Choice Of Vacation by Ugosample(m): 4:58pm On Aug 04, 2019|
halfcurrent:Rwanda should be your bet
|Re: Zanzibar In Tanzania Or Kigali Ruanda - Choice Of Vacation by Ugosample(m): 4:59pm On Aug 04, 2019|
You factor in safety too...
You cannot just tour anyhow in Nigeria
|Re: Zanzibar In Tanzania Or Kigali Ruanda - Choice Of Vacation by Nobody: 6:15pm On Aug 04, 2019|
Zanzibar is better
At least from my personal experience there
|Re: Zanzibar In Tanzania Or Kigali Ruanda - Choice Of Vacation by SirVintageCock: 7:20pm On Aug 04, 2019|
Safety concern is everywhere though. Rwanda just closed it's borders with Congo cos of Ebola. Wonder the lesser of two evils , Fulani herdsman or Ebola......... I'd go farther away like Europe or the South Americas. In US, shooters are on rampage.
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2021 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 283