Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,496 members, 7,830,496 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:46 PM

Brazilian Woman Watched Her Daughter And Husband Drown Near The Usa(photos) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Brazilian Woman Watched Her Daughter And Husband Drown Near The Usa(photos) (2491 Views)

Gabriel Diya, Son & Daughter Drown In Swimming Pool In Spain - Inquest Hears / Sheikh Abdulganiyu Nuraini & His Aides Drown In Kwara Flood (Video) / Pastor Shedrack Bako, 4 Others Drown As Boat Capsizes In Taraba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Brazilian Woman Watched Her Daughter And Husband Drown Near The Usa(photos) by Nobody: 5:29pm On May 07, 2022
Not knowing how to swim and carrying her daughter Eloah, 1 year and 11 months in her arms, Thais Natali Montenegro Lenda, 23, struggles to cross the waters of the Rio Grande, on the border between Mexico and the United States, in Texas.

The child swallows water and Thais' husband, Daniel Lenda, struggles, making every effort not to submerge. Daniel walks away, disappears, and only mother and daughter make it to the American side of the border.

Rescue teams spent more than an hour maneuvering to revive the child. Thais says that the girl was taken to the hospital, but could not resist.

Daniel's body was found four days later. Father and daughter were cremated with the money Thais raised through virtual crowdfunding and donations from local church leaders. After more than a month of traveling by bus from São Paulo, this is how the family's dream of having a better life in the United States ended.

https://www.walkbrazil4k.com/2022/05/brazilian-woman-watched-her-daughter.html?m=1

1 Share

Re: Brazilian Woman Watched Her Daughter And Husband Drown Near The Usa(photos) by Nobody: 5:30pm On May 07, 2022
Daniel had a dream of working as an electrician in the usa

Re: Brazilian Woman Watched Her Daughter And Husband Drown Near The Usa(photos) by Nobody: 5:32pm On May 07, 2022
So sad.
Re: Brazilian Woman Watched Her Daughter And Husband Drown Near The Usa(photos) by Nobody: 5:33pm On May 07, 2022
Thais have moved to another state to start over after being sponsored by an American family

Re: Brazilian Woman Watched Her Daughter And Husband Drown Near The Usa(photos) by Nobody: 5:33pm On May 07, 2022
Sweetplum:
So sad.

sad sad sad
Re: Brazilian Woman Watched Her Daughter And Husband Drown Near The Usa(photos) by Nobody: 5:39pm On May 07, 2022
walkbrazil4k:

sad sad sad
Why you come do mouth pomla like person wet swallow sweet sad
Re: Brazilian Woman Watched Her Daughter And Husband Drown Near The Usa(photos) by HOKIM(m): 5:45pm On May 07, 2022
It's sad news...sadly as I speak to u so ..hundreds are gearing up to undertake that journey...den nor dey hear word..

2 Likes

Re: Brazilian Woman Watched Her Daughter And Husband Drown Near The Usa(photos) by chatinent: 5:48pm On May 07, 2022
Ok
Re: Brazilian Woman Watched Her Daughter And Husband Drown Near The Usa(photos) by Nobody: 5:48pm On May 07, 2022
Sweetplum:

Why you come do mouth pomla like person wet swallow sweet sad

That's a sad face
Re: Brazilian Woman Watched Her Daughter And Husband Drown Near The Usa(photos) by Nobody: 5:48pm On May 07, 2022
HOKIM:
It's sad news...sadly as I speak to u so ..hundreds are gearing up to undertake that journey...den nor dey hear word..

So correct and true
Re: Brazilian Woman Watched Her Daughter And Husband Drown Near The Usa(photos) by Nobody: 5:49pm On May 07, 2022
walkbrazil4k:

That's a sad face
Indeed the story is sad.
Re: Brazilian Woman Watched Her Daughter And Husband Drown Near The Usa(photos) by ifex370(m): 5:54pm On May 07, 2022
Just incase you think Nigeria is shit...

Thousands of Mexicans risk their lives to cross yearly.
Re: Brazilian Woman Watched Her Daughter And Husband Drown Near The Usa(photos) by Originalsly: 5:59pm On May 07, 2022
Hmmm...... and I thought it was easy for Brazilians to get US visa. But why would he leave Sao Paulo ... with his family ... to trek to the US?... and be there as an illegal? So sad.
Re: Brazilian Woman Watched Her Daughter And Husband Drown Near The Usa(photos) by Nobody: 6:17pm On May 07, 2022
ifex370:
Just incase you think Nigeria is shit...

Thousands of Mexicans risk their lives to cross yearly.

Mexico is still better than Nigeria, Mexicans are just programmed to enter the USA, their passport can enter the UK and the EU without a visa and even Canada but why do they have this obsession for America? Dollars maybe, grin

1 Like

Re: Brazilian Woman Watched Her Daughter And Husband Drown Near The Usa(photos) by Nobody: 6:19pm On May 07, 2022
Originalsly:
Hmmm...... and I thought it was easy for Brazilians to get US visa. But why would he leave Sao Paulo ... with his family ... to trek to the US?... and be there as an illegal? So sad.

Easy if you have the right documents and these guys obviously did not have,same way Mexicans with the right documents can get a visa to America and just drive In, they flew to Mexico and tried to cross, don't blame them, the American media have brainwashed alot of people grin
Re: Brazilian Woman Watched Her Daughter And Husband Drown Near The Usa(photos) by Nobody: 6:52pm On May 07, 2022
Sweetplum:

Indeed the story is sad.

Yea
Re: Brazilian Woman Watched Her Daughter And Husband Drown Near The Usa(photos) by GreatAdvice: 7:12pm On May 07, 2022
Seems like they had a decent life in Brasil. I can never understand people's obsession with going to extreme lengths just to enter the U.S. Before the days of the internet, we all thought U.S streets were paved with gold and money was on the floor for everyone to pick but we all know better now.

How bad could it be for anyone to abandon everything in their home country only to embark on this journey? First they have to pay people to help them get to the border. Then they have to spend several months moving from one Latin American country to the next until they get to the border. Then they have to get through a desert and that Rio grande river. At any point they could've been killed or robbed or fallen sick and left in the wilderness. When they finally get through to the U.S, they could be held in detention centers and deported back to square one.

It's just not worth it. So long as there's life, there's hope. Will advise anyone thinking of taking drastic measures to flee Nigeria to forget about it. Either leave the legal way or make the best of your situation.

3 Likes

Re: Brazilian Woman Watched Her Daughter And Husband Drown Near The Usa(photos) by Nobody: 7:24pm On May 07, 2022
GreatAdvice:
Seems like they had a decent live in Brasil. I can never understand people's obsession with going to extreme lengths just to enter the U.S. Before the days of the internet, we all thought U.S streets were paved with gold and money was on the floor for everyone to pick but we all know better now.

How bad could it be for anyone to abandon everything in their home country only to embark on this journey? First they have to pay people to help them get to the border. Then they have to spend several months moving from one Latin American country to the next until they get to the border. Then they have to get through a desert and that Rio grande river. At any point they could've been killed or robbed or fallen sick and left in the wilderness. When they finally get through to the U.S, they could be held in detention centers and deported back to square one.

It's just not worth it. So long as there's life, there's hope. Will advise anyone thinking of taking drastic measures to flee Nigeria to forget about it. Either leave the legal way or make the best of your situation.

You said it All bro
Re: Brazilian Woman Watched Her Daughter And Husband Drown Near The Usa(photos) by MrBrownJay1(m): 7:38pm On May 07, 2022
so many Africans and Asians are dying the exact same way...these coyotes dont give a fukc about you and they can abandon you in the middle of nowhere with a bottle of water and basta.

1 Like

Re: Brazilian Woman Watched Her Daughter And Husband Drown Near The Usa(photos) by 1Sharon(f): 8:35pm On May 07, 2022
Wow undecided
Re: Brazilian Woman Watched Her Daughter And Husband Drown Near The Usa(photos) by 1Sharon(f): 8:36pm On May 07, 2022
walkbrazil4k:

Mexico is still better than Nigeria, Mexicans are just programmed to enter the USA, [b]their passport can enter the UK and the EU without a visa and even Canada but why do they have this obsession for America? [/b]Dollars maybe, grin

Is this true? I've never seen a Mexican in the UK
Re: Brazilian Woman Watched Her Daughter And Husband Drown Near The Usa(photos) by Rickmann: 9:55pm On May 07, 2022
walkbrazil4k:

Mexico is still better than Nigeria, Mexicans are just programmed to enter the USA, their passport can enter the UK and the EU without a visa and even Canada but why do they have this obsession for America? Dollars maybe, grin

Past glory, I guess..
Re: Brazilian Woman Watched Her Daughter And Husband Drown Near The Usa(photos) by Nobody: 11:53pm On May 07, 2022
1Sharon:

Is this true? I've never seen a Mexican in the UK

They would be there but they won't be too much
Re: Brazilian Woman Watched Her Daughter And Husband Drown Near The Usa(photos) by Nobody: 11:54pm On May 07, 2022
Rickmann:

Past glory, I guess..

grin
Re: Brazilian Woman Watched Her Daughter And Husband Drown Near The Usa(photos) by Nobody: 12:03am On May 08, 2022
MrBrownJay1:
so many Africans and Asians are dying the exact same way...these coyotes dont give a fukc about you and they can abandon you in the middle of nowhere with a bottle of water and basta.

That's very true
Re: Brazilian Woman Watched Her Daughter And Husband Drown Near The Usa(photos) by MrBrownJay1(m): 12:11am On May 08, 2022
walkbrazil4k:
That's very true

funny enough, even though Venezuelans get an automatic asylum status on getting to US border, many Venezuelans would choose the coyote route to enter the US (in order to not have to spend months in detention waiting for that asylum status).
Re: Brazilian Woman Watched Her Daughter And Husband Drown Near The Usa(photos) by Nobody: 12:36am On May 08, 2022
MrBrownJay1:

funny enough, even though Venezuelans get an automatic asylum status on getting to US border, many Venezuelans would choose the coyote route to enter the US (in order to not have to spend months in detention waiting for that asylum status).

Real sad truth, he would be like, why wait when I can be making money in the states for those months they would ask me to wait in the camp
Re: Brazilian Woman Watched Her Daughter And Husband Drown Near The Usa(photos) by MrBrownJay1(m): 12:47am On May 08, 2022
walkbrazil4k:
Real sad truth, he would be like, why wait when I can be making money in the states for those months they would ask me to wait in the camp

yes o, and it aint that cheap to go across.... it starts at $1k and the further away you come from, the more expensive it gets. some up to $10k

1 Like

Re: Brazilian Woman Watched Her Daughter And Husband Drown Near The Usa(photos) by Nobody: 1:43am On May 08, 2022
MrBrownJay1:

yes o, and it aint that cheap to go across.... it starts at $1k and the further away you come from, the more expensive it gets. some up to $10k

Those smugglers make alot of money from desperate people

1 Like

Re: Brazilian Woman Watched Her Daughter And Husband Drown Near The Usa(photos) by 9japride(m): 3:12am On May 08, 2022
Those south American countries could have been a lovely country, but due to drug related killings many are running away. A society with large numbers of drug induced psychopaths can never be a secure environment.
Re: Brazilian Woman Watched Her Daughter And Husband Drown Near The Usa(photos) by Nobody: 3:31am On May 08, 2022
9japride:
Those south American countries could have been a lovely country, but due to drug related killings many are running away. A society with large numbers of drug induced psychopaths can never be a secure environment.

That's a lie they use to get asylum and by the way America is the largest consumer of narcotics

1 Like

Re: Brazilian Woman Watched Her Daughter And Husband Drown Near The Usa(photos) by 9japride(m): 3:43am On May 08, 2022
walkbrazil4k:

That's a lie they use to get asylum and by the way America is the largest consumer of narcotics
[color=#006600][/color]

Yeah, I agreed America is the largest consumer of narcotics but from what we hear about those southern American countries is different. I love those countries, though I don't know if it's media propaganda that's giving them a bad name. The fear real. Anyways, I have these suspicion that USA might be involved in creating crises in those other countries so that they won't rub shoulders with USA. From what I have read online, those south America countries/Caribbeans have liberty to travel to so many countries. Men! Those guys are really blessed.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sweden Visa / Help Us Pray Against Plane CRASH In ILORIN / Qatar Airways Unbelievable Rules For Women.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.