Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,730 members, 7,809,802 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:13 PM

What Does Outstanding Mean In WAEC Result? - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Does Outstanding Mean In WAEC Result? (26057 Views)

Okorogheye Orisheneye David Gets 9 A1 In WAEC And Scores 332 In JAMB / Mary Folafoluwa Oginni, Best Student In WAEC Who Left Nigeria Due To ASUU Strike / Ikeoluwa Abioye, 15-Year-Old, Who Scored 9 A1s In WAEC And 305 In JAMB (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Does Outstanding Mean In WAEC Result? by SlyCharlie(m): 10:36am On Jul 27, 2019
ARCHEMEDESME:

Exactly
Oga, I see no reason you should be all panicky and suicidal over an Outstanding Math results... I mean, they didn't say With held, it's Outstanding for crying out loud, it most likely would be released in the coming weeks..
Your worry however, should be Use Of English, they aren't many schools that's take you with that D7...
if u didn't write Neco, my bro the Outstanding in maths should be the least of your problems... that D7 in English is already a red flag, Major Fvck up.
Go get GCE form..

and ffs it's just WAEC Gaan... haba
Re: What Does Outstanding Mean In WAEC Result? by SlyCharlie(m): 10:39am On Jul 27, 2019
ARCHEMEDESME:
I wrote NECO
Then relax... ah ah By the way this life ain't a competition... why are you comparing yourself with others.. This is an individual race, every man to his horse... You need to change the way you think too, your thought process
Re: What Does Outstanding Mean In WAEC Result? by naijalodge(m): 10:42am On Jul 27, 2019
Don’t know if you’d see this but I just want to tell u to relax and not think urself to death, wen I wrote mine in 2006/2007 my chem and physics were “Outstanding” I started to panic cos I or anyone wasn’t caught in any form of malpractice in our center, to cut the story short, it was released shortly and both were “A1” so jst chill, maybe u passed so well they needed to review it
Re: What Does Outstanding Mean In WAEC Result? by bazzyblings: 10:45am On Jul 27, 2019
ARCHEMEDESME:
Please help me out,am frustrated and depressed right now I just don't think I should live again
Data processing-B3
Civic Education-B3
English Language-D7
Igbo Language-B2
General mathematics-OUTSTANDING
Agricultural science-B3
Biology-B3
Chemistry -c4
Physics-B3
I want to apply for remarking but do you think i can make it

Kill your self na .. rubbish .. na naija u wan kill self for .. kill yourself

1 Like

Re: What Does Outstanding Mean In WAEC Result? by peacesamuel94(m): 10:46am On Jul 27, 2019
ARCHEMEDESME:

I wrote NECO

Then there's no reason to get so depressed over the result as you are now, There's hope. Forget the waec, even if the grade for maths gets rectified, English would still pose a problem.

I remember I once commented on a thread made by you about a year or more ago. With the caption Tired of life. You will not find this habit really useful, breaking down, mourning and getting depressed when things dont go your way, because you're not different, it isn't rosy for everyone else out there. Life is an uneasy tide, learn to flow with it. Sometimes it is good bad high low, and more, accept this, lest you are confronted with problems even greater than this and then you give up.

I did not get a credit for English language in my waec. My neco, was my safe landing. And of the many others I envied their "excellent" grades then, some still have not gotten into school. While I'm almost done.

Such is life, time's the difference, four five years from now you would give advice to someone about something like this, and say "just like yesterday.
Re: What Does Outstanding Mean In WAEC Result? by Nobody: 10:48am On Jul 27, 2019
SlyCharlie:

Oga, I see no reason you should be all panicky and suicidal over an Outstanding Math results... I mean, they didn't say With held, it's Outstanding for crying out loud, it most likely would be released in the coming weeks..
Your worry however, should be Use Of English, they aren't many schools that's take you with that D7...
if u didn't write Neco, my bro the Outstanding in maths should be the least of your problems... that D7 in English is already a red flag, Major Fvck up.
Go get GCE form..

and ffs it's just WAEC Gaan... haba
Thats my main problem
Re: What Does Outstanding Mean In WAEC Result? by Delaw00(m): 10:51am On Jul 27, 2019
anthonyuncle:
it means that u were standing outside da exam hall while others were inside

Re: What Does Outstanding Mean In WAEC Result? by Frezhkid10(m): 10:54am On Jul 27, 2019
ARCHEMEDESME:
Please help me out,am frustrated and depressed right now I just don't think I should live again
Data processing-B3
Civic Education-B3
English Language-D7
Igbo Language-B2
Agricultural science-B3
Biology-B3
Chemistry -c4
Physics-B3!
...there is nothing to worry abt the maths..it will definitely be released buh yr grade in that will depend on what yr school sent to Waec..that's the average of ur scores in maths since SS1...had outstanding in my Waec result too in the same maths and it was released after 2 months....u should be worried abt ur English..did u write NECO??
Re: What Does Outstanding Mean In WAEC Result? by Willgates(m): 10:58am On Jul 27, 2019
ARCHEMEDESME:
Data processing-B3
Civic Education-B3
English Language-D7
Igbo Language-B2
Agricultural science-B3
Biology-B3
Chemistry -c4
Physics-B3

Ayineka. No need to feel depressed. Your result isn't had. The Maths result might be released later, just keep checking. Ami nke wed WAEC ukpa iba so mme understand how you feel. Pls DM me I could have something for you.
Re: What Does Outstanding Mean In WAEC Result? by Nobody: 11:01am On Jul 27, 2019
ARCHEMEDESME:
I just told My parents and they told me not to worry but am just so worried.Sometimes I would ask myself why people would ever think of taking their own life but now I understand
GUY CHILL ME WHERE NEVER SEE MY WAEC YET I DON'T KNOW WHETHER THE HAVEN'T RELEASE IT IN MY STATE YET
Re: What Does Outstanding Mean In WAEC Result? by Briteiyobo1(m): 11:01am On Jul 27, 2019
Kindly enroll for the ongoing private candidates exam to make up for your deficiency in English the registration is still on.Please help me out,am frustrated and depressed right now I just don't think I should live again
Data processing-B3
Civic Education-B3
English Language-D7
Igbo Language-B2
Agricultural science-B3
Biology-B3
Chemistry -c4
Physics-B3
I want to apply for remarking but do you think i can make it[/quote]
Re: What Does Outstanding Mean In WAEC Result? by Briteiyobo1(m): 11:05am On Jul 27, 2019
Maybe the components are not complete or you didn't fill your details properly incourse of writing one of the paper eg essay and obj.Please help me out,am frustrated and depressed right now I just don't think I should live again
Data processing-B3
Civic Education-B3
English Language-D7
Igbo Language-B2
Agricultural science-B3
Biology-B3
Chemistry -c4
Physics-B3
I want to apply for remarking but do you think i can make it[/quote]
Re: What Does Outstanding Mean In WAEC Result? by kingyang: 11:08am On Jul 27, 2019
ARCHEMEDESME:
Data processing-B3
Civic Education-B3
English Language-D7
Igbo Language-B2
Agricultural science-B3
Biology-B3
Chemistry -c4
Physics-B3
little patient, the result will be out with good grade, and u can gain admission with what you have now, if in future, it didn't comes out the way u want it, u can rewrite before you graduate from school and tender both result .
Re: What Does Outstanding Mean In WAEC Result? by RexTramadol1: 11:10am On Jul 27, 2019
It will be released

I had outstanding too during my time

It was released and I had a B

So, no cause for alarm
Re: What Does Outstanding Mean In WAEC Result? by Briteiyobo1(m): 11:11am On Jul 27, 2019
Pls don't give money to anyone because waec don't upgrade scores. For your outstanding result be patience I am sure the scores for all the components are not complete maybe you didn't write your details properly on your answer sheet properly.
Re: What Does Outstanding Mean In WAEC Result? by chilewenwam: 11:15am On Jul 27, 2019
I had similar experience on my Physics.

It was later released.

Be patient it will be released, you did well on the subject, so they are confirming the result.

All the best

ARCHEMEDESME:
Data processing-B3
Civic Education-B3
English Language-D7
Igbo Language-B2
Agricultural science-B3
Biology-B3
Chemistry -c4
Physics-B3
Re: What Does Outstanding Mean In WAEC Result? by Felyyaks(f): 11:17am On Jul 27, 2019
Don't worry it will soon be released, I had similar experience
Re: What Does Outstanding Mean In WAEC Result? by max4osas(m): 11:18am On Jul 27, 2019
ARCHEMEDESME:
Data processing-B3
Civic Education-B3
English Language-D7
Igbo Language-B2
Agricultural science-B3
Biology-B3
Chemistry -c4
Physics-B3

I had *outstanding* in English is 2003.
It simply means *not yet released* it's different from *withheld* it's probably because the script is missing or sthg as was my case.
However I ha. It released after 6months and had B3.
The first step is write a formal letter to WAEC requesting for the release of that results, attaching the Electronic print of your results.
Better still visit the Exams Unit of the WAEC office in your state or LG.
Re: What Does Outstanding Mean In WAEC Result? by Nobody: 11:19am On Jul 27, 2019
Try to cheer up, failing doesn’t mean the end of your world. If you took neco you should be hopeful of making it there. Failing is not the end of the world, most people all failed at one point or the other, I have also failed course and I had to rewrite them, what matters the most is at your second attempt you should clear them.

Stay strong and speak about your depression to someone who would give you listening ear, please don’t let it get the best part of you. I wish you well.
Re: What Does Outstanding Mean In WAEC Result? by frozen70(f): 11:24am On Jul 27, 2019
anthonyuncle:

Stop it naw,, this is someone future and stop showing yourself
Re: What Does Outstanding Mean In WAEC Result? by gentlegenius(m): 11:25am On Jul 27, 2019
ARCHEMEDESME:
I just told My parents and they told me not to worry but am just so worried.Sometimes I would ask myself why people would ever think of taking their own life but now I understand
If you can be like this for ordinary WAEC result, then I will advise you to never try gaining admission in any higher institution in Naija. We've been there and we've seen things. Just one lecturer can frustrate your life for 3 to 4 years. There you will understand why undergraduates contemplate suicide.
Re: What Does Outstanding Mean In WAEC Result? by Mhizhelen001(f): 11:31am On Jul 27, 2019
Don't give up dear, there is a bright light at the end of the tunnel
Re: What Does Outstanding Mean In WAEC Result? by nonye6194: 11:32am On Jul 27, 2019
ARCHEMEDESME:
Data processing-B3
Civic Education-B3
English Language-D7
Igbo Language-B2
Agricultural science-B3
Biology-B3
Chemistry -c4
Physics-B3

2011, I had outstanding showing in Physics, Maths and Chemistry results in waec. Not just me but a couple of my colleagues too. We weren't worried as it's been a thing our predecessors had too. It means that you smashed way beyond the regular score (90 above).

Ours took 2 days and the outstanding was replaced with A1 for all the subjects. Dunno how long it'll take now. You shouldn't be bothered, you had a great waec results from the look of other subject's result
Re: What Does Outstanding Mean In WAEC Result? by amerlin(m): 11:34am On Jul 27, 2019
ARCHEMEDESME:
Data processing-B3
Civic Education-B3
English Language-D7
Igbo Language-B2
Agricultural science-B3
Biology-B3
Chemistry -c4
Physics-B3

Pls no need for that,...you already failed English,, D7,..is not accepted..just save the money for next exam..this time be serious with ur book..then if u wrote neco,..pray you will get a credit in English and maths,..only den u can use a combined result...
Re: What Does Outstanding Mean In WAEC Result? by Emoreni(m): 11:49am On Jul 27, 2019
Frezhkid10:
...there is nothing to worry abt the maths..it will definitely be released buh yr grade in that will depend on what yr school sent to Waec..that's the average of ur scores in maths since SS1...had outstanding in my Waec result too in the same maths and it was released after 2 months....u should be worried abt ur English..did u write NECO??
Please does the school send the average score in each subject to Neco as well?
Re: What Does Outstanding Mean In WAEC Result? by BluntBoy(m): 11:50am On Jul 27, 2019
ARCHEMEDESME:
Data processing-B3
Civic Education-B3
English Language-D7
Igbo Language-B2
Agricultural science-B3
Biology-B3
Chemistry -c4
Physics-B3

It means your result is pending. It could be that you did extremely well, and the examining body is trying to evaluate possibilities.

Most of the time, when the result is released, you will see that you passed extremely well. So, calm down.
Re: What Does Outstanding Mean In WAEC Result? by KennyWest3(m): 11:52am On Jul 27, 2019
ARCHEMEDESME:
Data processing-B3
Civic Education-B3
English Language-D7
Igbo Language-B2
Agricultural science-B3
Biology-B3
Chemistry -c4
Physics-B3

It's no problem at all..

What it meant is that your result is still under scrutiny and will be released later..

I and my twin had "outstanding" too in chemistry(2014 Waec) but when I checked my result a year later, I had B3 and my bro had C6..
Re: What Does Outstanding Mean In WAEC Result? by Gryffindor: 12:01pm On Jul 27, 2019
anthonyuncle:

Lol,You don mad finish i swear!

Re: What Does Outstanding Mean In WAEC Result? by Magnifico2000: 12:14pm On Jul 27, 2019
ARCHEMEDESME:
Data processing-B3
Civic Education-B3
English Language-D7
Igbo Language-B2
Agricultural science-B3
Biology-B3
Chemistry -c4
Physics-B3
This is exactly my results when it was first released around 2008. I passed all subjects except mathematics which appeared as outstanding. I was downcasted as I needed the results very badly to process my admission into the University.
My father was unhappy with me because he felt I had wasted all my 6years in secondary school; moreover, he knew without mathematics, it would be dificult to gain admission.
I started praying and hoping that the oustanding would change to even C6. I would recheck the results every week till I almost exhausted the result checking card.
Lo and behold, after about three weeks, I decided to use the final chance on the card to recheck the result. Finally, Mathematics had changed to A1 and other results remain the same. I was so happy and my dad was so proud of me. He said I broke his records of passing my WAEC at a single sitting and scoring A1 in mathematics as he didn't pass his in a sitting and scored B in mathematics. He was surprised because he used to be a mathematics teacher before he left teaching job.

So my dear friend, don't be dismayed by the outstanding on your mathematics. It shows you really did very well and there is need to recheck or remark the subject. Waec examiners want to be sure you didn't cheat or got assistance from other candidates that sat beside you in the exams.
I'm pretty sure you passed. Just pray and relax.
Re: What Does Outstanding Mean In WAEC Result? by Clementoke(m): 12:24pm On Jul 27, 2019
I once had outstanding in Physics WAEC exam. It was released in about a month (or even less) and I made an A1. But that was way back in 2006. Cheer up and hope for the best.
Re: What Does Outstanding Mean In WAEC Result? by Mirrorlenz: 12:30pm On Jul 27, 2019
ARCHEMEDESME:
I did not even cheat at all
I was the only one affected.
The funny thing is that even the worst student had a C6 .I do not just get it,was I cursed or what.I got a good jamb score above 270 and always had perfect scores likd 60/60,96/100 in math and this happened to me

I once had outstanding in two subjects in WAEC, Geography and Agricultural Science respectively. When the results were released, I had A's
Re: What Does Outstanding Mean In WAEC Result? by Nobody: 12:33pm On Jul 27, 2019
ARCHEMEDESME:
I did not even cheat at all
I was the only one affected.
The funny thing is that even the worst student had a C6 .I do not just get it,was I cursed or what.I got a good jamb score above 270 and always had perfect scores likd 60/60,96/100 in math and this happened to me
Bro, i did WAEC 3 times just because of English(due to my bad writing). Don't give up. Don't think foolishly, you will make it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Killer Whales Top FACTS!!! / Advantages & Disadvantages Of Staying In School Hostel / Folorunsho Alakija Is Building Osun State Teaching Hospital

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.