Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,167 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:01 AM

Umahi Inspects Commencement Of New International Airport & Stadium In Ebonyi - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Umahi Inspects Commencement Of New International Airport & Stadium In Ebonyi (36360 Views)

Umahi Inspects Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Other Projects In Lagos / David Umahi Inspects The Abuja-Kaduna-Kano Road / Umahi Inspects Various Projects At Night (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Umahi Inspects Commencement Of New International Airport & Stadium In Ebonyi by drmikeadams(m): 10:01pm On Jul 26, 2019
SpecialAdviser:
Umahi God bless you. You are the best in the south east.
grin grin grin. So proud of my Hero,,,some people go come now dey talk say den no need good roads,airport and stadium

1 Like

Re: Umahi Inspects Commencement Of New International Airport & Stadium In Ebonyi by LLobiorah: 10:01pm On Jul 26, 2019
martineverest:
are u indirectly saying that lagosians or other states indigenes will leave their airports and use abakaliki airports?...what u don't understand is that ebonyi airport will have scanty flight and u won't have airline options like this of other states...local airport would have been ok

Bros, so what are you implying?
That igbos, 'the well known travelers', in this country, will leave a standard international airport in their homestead, and go for Lagos own??

Who do you this thing?

1 Like

Re: Umahi Inspects Commencement Of New International Airport & Stadium In Ebonyi by Mutemenot(m): 10:02pm On Jul 26, 2019
Aurielfinizu:

imo state nko? lol

Okorohausa had a vision but he was too greedy to fulfil them unlike the drunkard called Obiano who's only achievement is signing of memorandum n snapping ugu leaves produced in Anam and ogbaru....you don't hear about anambra cos the people are business minded, they aren't interested in the activities of their Political leaders...
Re: Umahi Inspects Commencement Of New International Airport & Stadium In Ebonyi by LLobiorah: 10:02pm On Jul 26, 2019
Respect55:

Let's hope for the best

Ye.
Re: Umahi Inspects Commencement Of New International Airport & Stadium In Ebonyi by selemempe: 10:03pm On Jul 26, 2019
AZeD1:

You are the one who brought the stupid comparison. California as a state is bigger and richer than Nigeria but you think because California more than 5 airports, every state in Nigeria should have one?

California has air traffic passengers of 16Million, while Nigeria as a country struggles with less than half of that.
remind me again the real (not inflated cost) of an airport and why each state in nigeria shouldnt aspire to have one. Apart from the telecommunication and rader tech, an airport is actually basically a bus station. The cost of a basic airport shouldnt be more than $3m.

Does it occur to u that why there are less ppl using air in nigeria is because of inadequate investment in air travel. If there are 37 airports in nigeria and up to 10 local airlines as massive as airpeace, they can force air fairs down to say 15k from lag to abj....tell me why the millions of nigerians making daily travels on deadly, herdsmen-infested high ways wont put a little extra and fly?

7 Likes

Re: Umahi Inspects Commencement Of New International Airport & Stadium In Ebonyi by martineverest(m): 10:03pm On Jul 26, 2019
LLobiorah:

Bros, so what are you implying?
That igbos, 'the well known travelers', in this country, will leave a standard international airport in their homestead, and go for Lagos own??

Who do you this thing?
Enugu and Owerri already have international airports which doesn't even attract bigger airlines let alone ebonyi airport...a local airport that would transport indigenes to busy international airports would have been better
Re: Umahi Inspects Commencement Of New International Airport & Stadium In Ebonyi by realDan80(m): 10:03pm On Jul 26, 2019
Umahi is the number one MR PROJECT in Southeast Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Umahi Inspects Commencement Of New International Airport & Stadium In Ebonyi by drmikeadams(m): 10:04pm On Jul 26, 2019
mabea:
You know nothing about Ebonyi state. Keep living in the past you will soon discover that time has past you by.
grin grin the homie still dey 11th century before christ
Re: Umahi Inspects Commencement Of New International Airport & Stadium In Ebonyi by globemoney01: 10:04pm On Jul 26, 2019
Mutemenot:

You aren't ashamed of yourself mentioning those traffic obstruction called flyover @ awka...what's the essence of a flyover when it does not pave way for free vehicular movement Sometimes I wonder of there was any architectural plan before the commencement of those flyover ....Even the engineers did substandard job, tell us why they had to put barriers preventing lorries from accessing it ...
For you Info, I know you very well and how you were contracted to post trash on Twitter as an eye witness ...
Shut up and stop embarrassing yourself. Between that flyover and the low budget Umahi ones which is better? There are many flyovers with barricades for big vehicles across Nigeria and elsewhere. Have you ever seen traffic on the flyover? I thought you said he didn’t do anything, now your talking about how he didn’t build the flyover to your foolish taste?
And so? If you know me, what difference does that make?

1 Like

Re: Umahi Inspects Commencement Of New International Airport & Stadium In Ebonyi by martineverest(m): 10:08pm On Jul 26, 2019
NNEWIsuper:

I didn't mention lagosians..I used it as an example... nearby states like south east, Benue, Cross river and those going to Cameroon will use it because of proximity...no be your headache oga
Benue is closer to cross River and akwa ibom...Calabar and uyo got international airports.enugu, portharcourt and Owerri got international airports which are enough for southeast and south south.despite that,Enugu and ph airports aren't as busy as lagos and Abuja airports..local airports in Benin, warri etc. are linked to those airports,that why warri and benin doesn't have international airports..

have u asked yourself why larger cities like Ibadan, Abeokuta,warri,Benin don't have international airports?
Re: Umahi Inspects Commencement Of New International Airport & Stadium In Ebonyi by drmikeadams(m): 10:08pm On Jul 26, 2019
festico:
This man is dumb this is not what that state need now, a state that is currently the headquarters of Poverty in south east as a whole. How many of its citizens fly? Enugu airport is few minutes drive to Ebonyi state .
grin grin grin. Is nigeria not the capital headquarters of poverty?
Re: Umahi Inspects Commencement Of New International Airport & Stadium In Ebonyi by LLobiorah: 10:08pm On Jul 26, 2019
martineverest:
Enugu and Owerri already have international airports which doesn't even attract bigger airlines let alone ebonyi airport...a local airport that would transport indigenes to busy international airports would have been better

The enugu airport that federal government downgraded, and has refused to do the much needed renovation?

Bros if Umahi delivers as he has stated that he would do, i don't see any reasons why the airport would lack traffic. All these excuses you are stating won't hold water.

1 Like

Re: Umahi Inspects Commencement Of New International Airport & Stadium In Ebonyi by mabea: 10:10pm On Jul 26, 2019
Blue3k:
Take your bets whos airport will be built first. Is it Anambra, Osun or Ebonyi?
Trust me Ebonyi comes first. See im not the type that goes about singing the praise tune for politcians but Umahi has done almost everything he promised. People talk about abakaliki but i urge them to go to ebonyi south especially ohaozara and see things for themselves.

1 Like

Re: Umahi Inspects Commencement Of New International Airport & Stadium In Ebonyi by stephen12118(m): 10:10pm On Jul 26, 2019
Nice 1 Umahi,may God give u the wisdom to continue to rule your people ����
Re: Umahi Inspects Commencement Of New International Airport & Stadium In Ebonyi by drmikeadams(m): 10:13pm On Jul 26, 2019
LLobiorah:

Alright, I get your point tho!
To me sha, the project no be the need of the people, but what do I know kwanu? The governor seeks to develop the state through the building of infrastructures, I guess he's looking at the long term goals of these projects.
grin grin gbam make e develop state first,investors go come.if every state governor dey perform like dis we for dey compete wit rwanda,Ghana and kenya grin unfortunately we RE comfortable competing with south sudan and vandalised libya. With baba go slow going on a wild goose unending chase to no where
Re: Umahi Inspects Commencement Of New International Airport & Stadium In Ebonyi by wifeesnatcher(m): 10:13pm On Jul 26, 2019
NNEWIsuper:

envy is all I see

are you from Ebonyi, if no leave them to worry about it and focus on your state, is their state resources not yours, I'm from Anambra but won't put an eye for them...if they need to develop their state that's their business not yours...besides it mustn't be the state indigenes alone that will use it.. after all Every Nigerian uses Abuja and Lagos airport even though they're not from there

envy? are you that dumb? the Lagos your people put mouth here is east I guess

umahi might be trying but how has that affect the lives of common man in Ebonyi state. you people praise your governors for doing what they're elected to do. na him papa money e take dey build roads?

I will mind my region business the day your kinsmen mind theirs, so retrieve your sense back
Re: Umahi Inspects Commencement Of New International Airport & Stadium In Ebonyi by Mutemenot(m): 10:14pm On Jul 26, 2019
globemoney01:

Shut up and stop embarrassing yourself. Between that flyover and the low budget Umahi ones which is better? There are many flyovers with barricades for big vehicles across Nigeria and elsewhere. Have you ever seen traffic on the flyover? I thought you said he didn’t do anything, now your talking about how he didn’t build the flyover to your foolish taste?
And so? If you know me, what difference does that make?

these 're The pictures of your great achievement.....stop mentioning Umahi n Obiano on the same page .... Go to Ebonyi state n see for ya self what government projects should look like...

2 Likes

Re: Umahi Inspects Commencement Of New International Airport & Stadium In Ebonyi by LLobiorah: 10:14pm On Jul 26, 2019
drmikeadams:
grin grin gbam make e develop state first,investors go come.if every state governor dey perform like dis we for dey compete wit rwanda,Ghana and kenya grin unfortunately we RE comfortable competing with south sudan and vandalised libya

Lolz
Validly stated.
Re: Umahi Inspects Commencement Of New International Airport & Stadium In Ebonyi by igwefivestar(m): 10:15pm On Jul 26, 2019
martineverest:
ur IQ is so low that I can't decipher my notions....a local airport should have been ok or the resources should have been used for projects that would benefit the indigenes basically.

lemme give u a better clue of what m saying....the difference between fasholas projects and ambode's project is analogical to what I was referring to in ebonyi
ok sir, tank u.
Re: Umahi Inspects Commencement Of New International Airport & Stadium In Ebonyi by drmikeadams(m): 10:18pm On Jul 26, 2019
lilyheaven:
Abia state which way?
grin grin grin my pathetic state,the worst. State in west Africa
Re: Umahi Inspects Commencement Of New International Airport & Stadium In Ebonyi by Omolomo4eva(m): 10:18pm On Jul 26, 2019
SpecialAdviser:
Umahi God bless you. You are the best in the south east.
I TOTALLY DISCONCUR COS UGWUANYI LEADS IN DAT REGION
Re: Umahi Inspects Commencement Of New International Airport & Stadium In Ebonyi by drmikeadams(m): 10:23pm On Jul 26, 2019
Ijeleigbo:
Do Nigerians at this moment really need airport and stadium or factories and industries to reduce the high rate of unemployment in the country? undecided
grin grin those touts wey dey clamp cars for Lagos airport are employed grin grin,corrupt customs for lag airports RE employed,ticketing officers RE employed,security men RE employed,toilet cleaners,airport cleaners RE employed,engineers RE employed;air hostess and Co RE employed,,so y shouldn't ebonyi have airport?

1 Like

Re: Umahi Inspects Commencement Of New International Airport & Stadium In Ebonyi by globemoney01: 10:26pm On Jul 26, 2019
Mutemenot:

these 're The pictures of your great achievement.....stop mentioning Umahi n Obiano on the same page .... Go to Ebonyi state n see for ya self what government projects should look like...
This is just one of Obiano's bridge, Show one of Umahi's like this and I'll show 5 more

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Umahi Inspects Commencement Of New International Airport & Stadium In Ebonyi by drmikeadams(m): 10:27pm On Jul 26, 2019
AkeNathan:

Lol. I reside in Akwa Ibom.

In the years of Akpabio as governor, many Akwa Ibom sons and daughters were serving as Chefs and House Helps across Nigeria, especially in Lagos.

Is the name Ekaette synonymous with House Helps? It's actually an Akwa Ibom name.

Yet he went ahead to build an International airport, international Stadium, 5 star sheraton hotel, too many dual roads. That's how he took the title of "Uncommon transformer".

Right now, i see thousands of young Akwa Ibomites trooping to the state every year to study for undergraduate degree. And you see them very proud ti represent their state. Unlike days they were timid with inferiority complex and identity of being slavers bay.

Funny enough these infrastructures put in place by Akpabio in what people saw as "coming at the wrong time", is now drawing job openings, companies, sporting competitions, tourism, flexing and identity to Akwa Ibom in these days of Udom tenure.

Make Umahi carry on jare. If he hadn't done these, they'd say he's useless and did nothing. If he had invested in human development, the state will largely be lacking in quality infrastructure and keep being called the "runt of the South East ", he can't do it ALL. He can only select the one which he can do, and do it well and leave the next government to continue from where he stopped.

Governance and government is a continuum something.
grin grin grin. God bless ya..any day I blow am retiring to that state with one retired evening newspaper from nairaland
Re: Umahi Inspects Commencement Of New International Airport & Stadium In Ebonyi by Techsunny: 10:27pm On Jul 26, 2019
That's PDP at work
Re: Umahi Inspects Commencement Of New International Airport & Stadium In Ebonyi by globemoney01: 10:30pm On Jul 26, 2019
Mutemenot:

This is another Completed bridge by obiano far outside the Anambra cities, show anything like this done by overrated umahi outside abakaliki or even in Abakalikki.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Umahi Inspects Commencement Of New International Airport & Stadium In Ebonyi by Gred147: 10:30pm On Jul 26, 2019
best governor so far

1 Like

Re: Umahi Inspects Commencement Of New International Airport & Stadium In Ebonyi by Techsunny: 10:30pm On Jul 26, 2019
globemoney01:

This is just one of Obiano's bridge, Show one of Umahi's like this and I'll show 5 more
Am from Anambra,pls umahi better off that drunkard master.

2 Likes

Re: Umahi Inspects Commencement Of New International Airport & Stadium In Ebonyi by Nobody: 10:30pm On Jul 26, 2019
globemoney01:

Umahi is the best Governor in the SE because Willie Obiano is no longer a governor abi? I guess that’s why Ebonyi people are trooping to Anambra for economic survival and not the other way round? Ndi ara
Shut up there!! You are afraid that Ebonyi you guys hate so much will soon boast of world class International Airport and stadium which are far fetched your so called state.
Re: Umahi Inspects Commencement Of New International Airport & Stadium In Ebonyi by globemoney01: 10:31pm On Jul 26, 2019
Mutemenot:

If you need more photos to compare obiano to your overrated and sleeping umahi let me know. Comparing Obiano to Umahi is like comparing life and death

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Umahi Inspects Commencement Of New International Airport & Stadium In Ebonyi by globemoney01: 10:33pm On Jul 26, 2019
Techsunny:
Am from Anambra,pls umahi better off that drunkard master.
Another abaliki clown. Obiano and Umahi are not mates.. Umahi can only compare to LG chairmen in Anambra not obiano

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Umahi Inspects Commencement Of New International Airport & Stadium In Ebonyi by globemoney01: 10:34pm On Jul 26, 2019
Dvin:

[s]Shut up there!! You are afraid that Ebonyi you guys hate so much will soon boast of world class International Airport and stadium which are far fetched your so called state[/s].
Lol.. will you keep quiet cheesy cheesy cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Donations At Aisha Buhari’s Book Launch: N30m From Dangote, N20m From Tinubu / Bashir Ahmad Begs Elon For 100 Ventilators / Buhari Receives President Ouattara Alassane Of Côte D'ivoire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.