Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,753 members, 7,817,083 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:57 AM

Umahi Inspects Commencement Of New International Airport & Stadium In Ebonyi - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Umahi Inspects Commencement Of New International Airport & Stadium In Ebonyi (36307 Views)

Umahi Inspects Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Other Projects In Lagos / David Umahi Inspects The Abuja-Kaduna-Kano Road / Umahi Inspects Various Projects At Night (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Umahi Inspects Commencement Of New International Airport & Stadium In Ebonyi by Nobody: 9:27am On Jul 27, 2019
LLobiorah:

I take it, You are not one. A proud Anambra man would do the opposite of what you are doing!

lolzz

You don't love what u don't like

You don't like what u hv already insulted.

You don't twist to sound smart to what u hate.
Re: Umahi Inspects Commencement Of New International Airport & Stadium In Ebonyi by LLobiorah: 9:27am On Jul 27, 2019
SpaceTour:
It doesn't happen by magic wand. It starts now if you wanna achieve it in 50yrs from now. But chasing shadows and leaving the basics cannot take anyone anywhere.

Ebonyi should focus more on education, human capital development, etc. If you have educated and rich population then you are good to go. These are the population that will patronize your airport. Uneducated poor gala hawkers doesn't use airports.

Lolz
Educated population indeed, so the state should wait when all ebonyians are educated before they would embark on such projects? Why don't you say the govt should wait, before they would embark on building the international market, flyovers and ebonyi mall.. After all it's not beneficial.

Dude, let the 50years be coming, ebonyi would achieve whatever they put their minds on.
Re: Umahi Inspects Commencement Of New International Airport & Stadium In Ebonyi by Nobody: 9:28am On Jul 27, 2019
ariesbull:
the way ịkpụ nne gị hurts and there is nothing we can do about ohu nne gị

Lol

Truth is a very vital weapon in attacking and exposing frauds of old.

Onye hausa.
Re: Umahi Inspects Commencement Of New International Airport & Stadium In Ebonyi by LLobiorah: 9:32am On Jul 27, 2019
SpaceTour:
It doesn't happen by magic wand. It starts now if you wanna achieve it in 50yrs from now. But chasing shadows and leaving the basics cannot take anyone anywhere.

Ebonyi should focus more on education, human capital development, etc. If you have educated and rich population then you are good to go. These are the population that will patronize your airport. Uneducated poor gala hawkers doesn't use airports.

Ebonyi government has decided to do it. It would be beneficial to the people.
Re: Umahi Inspects Commencement Of New International Airport & Stadium In Ebonyi by SpaceTour: 9:32am On Jul 27, 2019
Nobody said you should wait, you can continue.

85% of Ebonyi people are either uneducated or a gala hawker or an okada rider or a road side petty trader. Are these the people that will use the airport? Reducing this figure drastically is key.

If you doubt me, just mention one big company own by any Ebonyi indigene. Adi amu aka ekpe n nka.

LLobiorah:

Lolz
Educated population indeed, so the state should wait when all ebonyians are educated before they would embark on such projects? Why don't you say the govt should wait, before they would embark on building the international market, flyovers and ebonyi mall.. After all it's not beneficial.

Dude, let the 50years be coming, ebonyi would achieve whatever they put their minds on.
Re: Umahi Inspects Commencement Of New International Airport & Stadium In Ebonyi by LLobiorah: 9:32am On Jul 27, 2019
MelesZenawi:

lolzz

You don't love what u don't like

You don't like what u hv already insulted.

You don't twist to sound smart to what u hate.

You are not from Anambra!
Re: Umahi Inspects Commencement Of New International Airport & Stadium In Ebonyi by mindtricks: 9:34am On Jul 27, 2019
SpaceTour:

Couldn't agree less. Nigerian leaders seem bent on bogus projects that have little or no impact on the commoners.
Funny enough many of his people who are victims of this are excited by it.

1 Like

Re: Umahi Inspects Commencement Of New International Airport & Stadium In Ebonyi by LLobiorah: 9:37am On Jul 27, 2019
SpaceTour:
Nobody said you should wait, you can continue.

85% of Ebonyi people are either uneducated or a gala hawker or an okada rider or a road side petty trader. Are these the people that will use the airport?

If you doubt me, just mention one big company owned by any Ebonyi indigene. Adi amu aka ekpe n nka.

Thank God you said 85%, now that 85% are having kids they are sending to sch, and encouraging to learn skills. They won't be redundant as your imagination and thoughts would continue to be!

Ebonyi may not have no widely known industry by a man, but I'm sure this is applicable to other states in Nigeria.

And finally, thank you for agreeing to the fact, that we would continue.
Re: Umahi Inspects Commencement Of New International Airport & Stadium In Ebonyi by dokiOloye(m): 9:40am On Jul 27, 2019
LLobiorah:

An enugu airport that federal government has not been able to work on, is what you are counting on? Anambra deciding not to do it, should be their business. And besides the 'purported umueri airport', has been a dream in the pipe; no fruition! If you feel is not right for the state to have one, by 2023 aspire to be the governor, and start from bringing in the much needed industries.
You sound very incoherent, with a scattered thought process.
What are you saying in essence?
Let me tell you other things.
I already mentioned I'm an Ebonyian.
The proposed airport is sited in my local govt.
If I had d opportunity to travel for d governorship elections, I'd have voted for Umahi (travelled for d presidential elections).
But d proposed airport is misplaced priority AT THIS TIME.
How many ppl wan enter plane for Ebonyi?
The same 45 mins I travel to access Abuja airport is what it takes to go to Enugu airport, so why sink so much scarce resources into an airport in a small state like Ebonyi where basic feeding is still a problem for many ppl?
You might not understand sha,cos obviously, you are not an Ebonyian.

2 Likes

Re: Umahi Inspects Commencement Of New International Airport & Stadium In Ebonyi by LLobiorah: 9:42am On Jul 27, 2019
dokiOloye:

Since ye claim not to understand, be at peace!
Re: Umahi Inspects Commencement Of New International Airport & Stadium In Ebonyi by LLobiorah: 10:05am On Jul 27, 2019
dokiOloye:

Let me tell you other things.
I already mentioned I'm an Ebonyian.
The proposed airport is sited in my local govt.
If I had d opportunity to travel for d governorship elections, I'd have voted for Umahi (travelled for d presidential elections).
But d proposed airport is misplaced priority AT THIS TIME.
How many ppl wan enter plane for Ebonyi?
The same 45 mins I travel to access Abuja airport is what it takes to go to Enugu airport, so why sink so much scarce resources into an airport in a small state like Ebonyi where basic feeding is still a problem for many ppl?
You might not understand sha,cos obviously, you are not an Ebonyian.

Dude I understand your thoughts perfectly well. But this same enugu airport, you are clamoring for has been branded unfit, unstable and dangerously inimical to human life, as stated by the whatever aviation minister. The airport is very much needed ok!

The people are poor, yes I know that! But government wouldn't provide food for them, is it a charitable organization? You may talk of industries which are basically lacking in the state, but I know the 'aviation sector', is also an industry on its own, and it would generate employment for your own village people. We shouldn't just write this off like it ain't gonna be beneficial to the masses, because is not only ebonyians that would patronize the said airport. Other citizens of Nigeria lives therein.

If we are really to follow this trajectory of people not being able to afford tickets for flight, believe me you, the previous Nigerian governments wouldn't have deemed it fit to build some strategic infrastructures in the country, because after all Nigeria had poor people then and is currently regarded as the poverty capital of the world.

1 Like

Re: Umahi Inspects Commencement Of New International Airport & Stadium In Ebonyi by Citizen0(m): 10:06am On Jul 27, 2019
My question is, how is he going to financed this mega projects. What I always asked most of the time is, why nobody quarrelles these idiot's.
Re: Umahi Inspects Commencement Of New International Airport & Stadium In Ebonyi by Triniti(m): 10:07am On Jul 27, 2019
LLobiorah:

Your advice is duly noted, thanks!
Are you holding brief for the governor? If not, you better scram outta here. Of what use is an airport to the poorest state in the south east? Heck! There’s even an airport a stone throw away from the state capital. What’s the need of a stadium when you don’t have a bulging sports industry that will generate funds for the state and create employment for the teeming youths? You have to sext your priorities right before embarking on such a project. Stadiums that will be used for crusade and political campaign? an airport that will be used by few politicians? I ask you again my good man, do you think that’s what Ebonyi needs at this trying time?

2 Likes

Re: Umahi Inspects Commencement Of New International Airport & Stadium In Ebonyi by LLobiorah: 10:13am On Jul 27, 2019
Triniti:
Are you holding brief for the governor? If not, you better scram outta here. Of what use is an airport to the poorest state in the south east? Heck! There’s even an airport a stone throw away from the state capital. What’s the need of a stadium when you don’t have a bulging sports industry that will generate funds for the state and create employment for the teeming youths? You have to sext your priorities right before embarking on such a project. Stadiums that will be used for crusade and political campaign? an airport that will be used by few politicians? I ask you again my good man, do you think that’s what Ebonyi needs at this trying time?

Ok thanks!
You are right about what you have said, but I'm sure the government is aiming for a long term goal. And if he does finish it, perhaps what happened in akwa ibom would be replicated here.
Re: Umahi Inspects Commencement Of New International Airport & Stadium In Ebonyi by XTHRONE(m): 10:20am On Jul 27, 2019
martineverest:
international airport in a sparsely populated state where indigenes aren't known for international voyage ? osun ,bayelsa and ebonyi don't need international airports..even Benin and warri whose indigenes are known for international migration don't even have international airports

governors that build bridges,airports and stadiums are just THIEVES

OBASEKi is the only governor in Nigeria that doesn't waste resources on white elephant projects

Don't worry we in Enugu will be using it along with Akanu ibiam airport.
Re: Umahi Inspects Commencement Of New International Airport & Stadium In Ebonyi by Triniti(m): 10:26am On Jul 27, 2019
LLobiorah:

Ok thanks!
You are right about what you have said, but I'm sure the government is aiming for a long term goal. And if he does finish it, perhaps what happened in akwa ibom would be replicated here.
Lol.......I think you need the to read more bro. Ebonyi doesn’t have one third of the resources at the disposal of Akwa ibom state. Ask yourself this question, has Akwa ibom indigenes benefited anything from that over inflated stadium project? The state puts in millions maintaining a stadium that should be generating money for its own maintenance. I don’t think you have any knowledge about economics, because if you ado, you won’t be making such suggestions. In the long run, a stadium and an airport will be the least of worries for an average Ebonyian. Create wealth and empower the citizens, that should be the main focus of a visionary leader
Re: Umahi Inspects Commencement Of New International Airport & Stadium In Ebonyi by DonJossydirich(m): 10:36am On Jul 27, 2019
SpaceTour:
Answer these questions below

How many educated people are from Ebonyi state?

How many technocrats are from Ebonyi state?

How many Ebonyi indigenes owns shops at Onitsha main market, Alaba or Idumota?

How many Ebonyi citizens are in school?

How many people from Ebonyi that owns companies or mega establishments?

The first woman to have her sign on our naira note is really from Afikpo in Ebonyi state.That's the Director Of Currency Operations.Madam,Elije. This was what made some my people in Anioma, denied being Igbo.
Re: Umahi Inspects Commencement Of New International Airport & Stadium In Ebonyi by martineverest(m): 10:38am On Jul 27, 2019
XTHRONE:

Don't worry we in Enugu will be using it along with Akanu ibiam airport.
no problems...... congratulations in advance if international airlines decide to fly that route..most of the international airports in Naija apart from Lagos,pH and Abuja airports are usually occupied by locally owned international airlines like arik,peace airlines etc

1 Like

Re: Umahi Inspects Commencement Of New International Airport & Stadium In Ebonyi by SpaceTour: 10:38am On Jul 27, 2019
So what's your point this Abakaleke man? cool

DonJossydirich:
The first woman to have her sign on our naira note is really from Afikpo in Ebonyi state.That's the Director Of Currency Operations.Madam,Elije. This was what made some my people in Anioma, denied being Igbo.

Re: Umahi Inspects Commencement Of New International Airport & Stadium In Ebonyi by LLobiorah: 10:42am On Jul 27, 2019
Triniti:
Lol.......I think you need the to read more bro. Ebonyi doesn’t have one third of the resources at the disposal of Akwa ibom state. Ask yourself this question, has Akwa ibom indigenes benefited anything from that over inflated stadium project? The state puts in millions maintaining a stadium that should be generating money for its own maintenance. I don’t think you have any knowledge about economics, because if you ado, you won’t be making such suggestions. In the long run, a stadium and an airport will be the least of worries for an average Ebonyian. Create wealth and empower the citizens, that should be the main focus of a visionary leader

Ok
Mr economist.
Re: Umahi Inspects Commencement Of New International Airport & Stadium In Ebonyi by Nobody: 10:43am On Jul 27, 2019
LLobiorah:

An enugu airport that federal government has not been able to work on, is what you are counting on? Anambra deciding not to do it, should be their business. And besides the 'purported umueri airport', has been a dream in the pipe; no fruition! If you feel is not right for the state to have one, by 2023 aspire to be the governor, and start from bringing in the much needed industries.

The heart of men are purely wicked.
Re: Umahi Inspects Commencement Of New International Airport & Stadium In Ebonyi by Nobody: 10:46am On Jul 27, 2019
LLobiorah:

Lol
You dunno Ebonyi state sadly. Ebonyi doesn't have much issues with erosion and leaching away of soils. Any geologist can easily affirm this.

Seriously we need more land from Ebonyi state.
Re: Umahi Inspects Commencement Of New International Airport & Stadium In Ebonyi by Nobody: 10:53am On Jul 27, 2019
ariesbull:

Anambra has clown as a governor and also we are brothers with Anambra so it is not a prick measure

Nothing like Brothers anymore.

That no longer exist.
Re: Umahi Inspects Commencement Of New International Airport & Stadium In Ebonyi by Ryan101(m): 10:59am On Jul 27, 2019
martineverest:
international airport in a sparsely populated state where indigenes aren't known for international voyage ? osun ,bayelsa and ebonyi don't need international airports..even Benin and warri whose indigenes are known for international migration don't even have international airports

governors that build bridges,airports and stadiums are just THIEVES

OBASEKi is the only governor in Nigeria that doesn't waste resources on white elephant projects
You just have a myopic mindset people like you are the reason why this country will not move forward
Re: Umahi Inspects Commencement Of New International Airport & Stadium In Ebonyi by dokiOloye(m): 11:00am On Jul 27, 2019
LLobiorah:

Dude I understand your thoughts perfectly well. But this same enugu airport, you are clamoring for has been branded unfit, unstable and dangerously inimical to human life, as stated by the whatever aviation minister. The airport is very much needed ok!

The people are poor, yes I know that! But government wouldn't provide food for them, is it a charitable organization? You may talk of industries which are basically lacking in the state, but I know the 'aviation sector', is also an industry on its own, and it would generate employment for your own village people. We shouldn't just write this off like it ain't gonna be beneficial to the masses, because is not only ebonyians that would patronize the said airport. Other citizens of Nigeria lives therein.

If we are really to follow this trajectory of people not being able to afford tickets for flight, believe me you, the previous Nigerian governments wouldn't have deemed it fit to build some strategic infrastructures in the country, because after all Nigeria had poor people then and is currently regarded as the poverty capital of the world.

Dude,lets due a critical analysis.
If Enugu airport is dangerous,is it beyond remedy?
Then lets come down to Ebonyi.
You rightly posited there are few or no industries in Ebonyi so who are going to patronize d airport and make it sustainable since the majority of rural Ebonyians are rural farmers?
Is it d few civil servants who are grossly underpaid(a huge minus for Umahi.Ask if you are confused on this)
If d 13 local govt chairmen and lets say 20 commissioners board flights everyday, are they enuf to sustain d airport?
Lets come to the surrounding state and towns.
Enugu already has and is out of it.
The nearest towns in Abia are Ohafia and Uturu/Okigwe which are closer to Owerri airport and Enugu airport respectively.
Benue state boundary communities are totally out of it which leaves out Ikom and Ogoja in Cross River states which are also small towns.
So I ask again,who is going to patronize d airport and make it sustainable?
Not saying it isn't a good thing but lemme repeat again,it is misplaced priority AT THIS TIME for a small state like Ebonyi.
Adios amigo.
Re: Umahi Inspects Commencement Of New International Airport & Stadium In Ebonyi by DonJossydirich(m): 11:03am On Jul 27, 2019
[quote author=SpaceTour post=80674318]So what's your point this Abakaleke man? cool
You called me, Abakaliki man,because I pointed out the truth.Nigerian youth deserved the kind of leaders or rulers we got...I have been to Ebonyi twice this year for medical outreach and I can say that Mr Umahi, is trying.
Re: Umahi Inspects Commencement Of New International Airport & Stadium In Ebonyi by martineverest(m): 11:05am On Jul 27, 2019
Ryan101:

You just have a myopic mindset people like you are the reason why this country will not move forward
learn to use Ur sense to reason
Re: Umahi Inspects Commencement Of New International Airport & Stadium In Ebonyi by SpaceTour: 11:06am On Jul 27, 2019
Abakaleke man who asked you all these questions? Keep fooling around cool

DonJossydirich:
You called me, Abakaliki man,because I pointed out the truth.Nigerian youth deserved the kind of leaders or rulers we got...I have been to Ebonyi twice this year for medical outreach and I can say that Mr Umahi, is trying.

Re: Umahi Inspects Commencement Of New International Airport & Stadium In Ebonyi by kudos4god(m): 11:14am On Jul 27, 2019
kid09077979444:

Do you know that there are not up to 20 car owners in Ebonyi state. Is it gala hawkers that will use the airport? Lol

Anago147, over to you lol

https://www.nairaland.com/5324372/kidnapper-caught-fulani-vigilante-abakaliki
Typing from your cave right? Have you ever been to Ebonyi state before?
Re: Umahi Inspects Commencement Of New International Airport & Stadium In Ebonyi by erico2k2(m): 12:04pm On Jul 27, 2019
SpecialAdviser:
Umahi God bless you. You are the best in the south east.
This is how Govt officials finish your money, tell me of what benefit is this international Airport? the PHC Int Airport only serves 4 Int Airline as we speak, would this not be a waste? A power station would have been more beneficial to you lot!
Re: Umahi Inspects Commencement Of New International Airport & Stadium In Ebonyi by Otunba2004(m): 12:06pm On Jul 27, 2019
mabea:
Say it without sentiment, there is no governor better than Umahi in Nigeria
hmmn most Lagos Street traders are from where? Why are they leaving their state to Lagos, answer my question
Re: Umahi Inspects Commencement Of New International Airport & Stadium In Ebonyi by Triniti(m): 1:22pm On Jul 27, 2019
LLobiorah:

Ok
Mr economist.
I should have never engaged you in a conversation. Adios amigo

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

President Muhammadu Buhari Bags Chieftaincy Tittle In Ebonyi State / Ademola Adeleke Wins 17 Out Of 30 LGs Osun Election / Indefinite Strike: NLC Set To Announce Suspension Of Indefinite Action

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.