Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,039 members, 7,828,645 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:27 PM

Ministerial Screening: Why I Missed Friday's Plenary — Senator Ali Ndume - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ministerial Screening: Why I Missed Friday's Plenary — Senator Ali Ndume (249 Views)

Why I Slumped During Ministerial Screening – Balarabe / Ministerial Screening: Lawan Asks Amaechi To “Take A Bow” / Ministerial Screening: Uchechukwu Ogah Screened By Senate, Nigerians React (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ministerial Screening: Why I Missed Friday's Plenary — Senator Ali Ndume by CGMedia: 7:16pm On Jul 26, 2019
All Progressives Congress Senator representing Borno South, Ali Ndume, was absent during today's plenary at the Senate, Igbere TV reports.

Igbere TV reports that the first session of the sitting saw the screening of some ministerial nominees before the Senate proceeded on break.

When the Red Chamber resumed sitting, however, Ndume marked his presence at about 4:15pm when Festus Keyamo was been screened as Minister.

Raising a point of order, Ndume was cut short by the Senate President, Senator Ahmad Lawan, who said he would not be recognized since business of the day had begun.

“Going by the rules, your motion will not work after the business of the day begins”, Lawan ruled.

The senate president, however, allowed him to continue with his order.

Ndume explained that he wasn't in the morning session because someone came to ask for his daughter's hand in marriage.

http://igberetvnews.com/849035/ministerial-screening-why-i-missed-fridays-plenary-senator-ndume/

Cc: Lalasticlala, Mynd44, OAM4J

(1) (Reply)

House Of Reps Probes Obasanjo, Jonathan Over Contract In Power Sector / Breaking : DSS Arrests Omoyele Sowore At His Home / Boko Haram: Buhari Attacks Atiku Over Comments On 1,000Soldiers Allegedly killed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.