Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,362 members, 7,819,308 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:07 PM

Dogo Isuwa: Middle Belt No Longer Part Of North – MBF Leader - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dogo Isuwa: Middle Belt No Longer Part Of North – MBF Leader (34257 Views)

It’s Treasonable To Deploy Nigerian Army To Niger Without Senate Approval — MBF / 'Atiku Is Penetrating The KKK States' ⁠— Popular Journalist, Sunday Isuwa / We Want To Severe Links With Arewa —MBF (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dogo Isuwa: Middle Belt No Longer Part Of North – MBF Leader by Deadlytruth(m): 4:29pm On Jul 28, 2019
onyeopobo:

Well atleast I've given you a reason to stop using his name, most people writing do not know much about this man, and ofcourse the biggest noise makers get noticed first, him being one ofcourse.

One of the strongest strongholds of IPOB is in Oyigbo in Rivers State, because they never get raided by police compared to the SE states,not sure why maybe Gov. wike is a closet ipobian, who knows, but point is, if you really needed proof to know whether not people of the ND were part believers in the Biafran story you would google it. There are tens of thousands of articles and videos of people from the SS clamouring passionately for it. Kings, elders statesmen, it's all there for you to see. Although I know you guys love mentioning him now that he made a u turn, so I understand the touche effect that you guys are doing and it would be okay if not for the fact that the man is a mass murderer who's being made relevant by this forum.

Again, the SS is a new political Union and we are all working together for the progress of the region politicatically and for the good of the south, for the good of nigeria. But the SS or ND is not a tribe. When issues get tribal the tone is different, if igbo people in the SE are screaming about an issue which is tribal it's best to believe that the igbo, igboid,and their cousin tribes in the SS are also echoing thesame sentiments perhaps not as loud. It would be mistaken to believe or think that igbo people in the SS are clapping for the people who are insulting or trying the shred the SE, when we know you people can't really tell us apart. Don't point to what a politician said or a communal clash as prove of disagreement because they also have this between communities in SE.

The fact remains that if the SE was actually going to leave Nigeria, then the Igbo/igboid and closely related tribes in the SS are leaving with them because whatever remains of Nigeria becomes impractically impossible for our people to live or survive with when our next of kins and those we are closely related with are out the window. This is not a hate speech, it's common sense, common reasoning. It's important some of us in the ND speak up so we don't wake up one day and we are being told that we are now this or that by people from the west because of our silence, with quotes of peoples comments on nairaland as the word of God.

This thread is about the Middle Belt having an awakening, I will not reply any further so that I dont derail the thread. Cheers!

I don't believe that my simple question as to IPOB's use of Asari Dokubo's initial romance with Nnamdi Kanu as an evidence that SS is fully into Biafra generated all this conjectural merry-go-round from you.
So Asari became a murderer only after he began to disagree with Kanu despite many of his alleged murder cases you cited above actually predated his romance with Kanu? Wonders shall never really end.
Re: Dogo Isuwa: Middle Belt No Longer Part Of North – MBF Leader by Deadlytruth(m): 4:32pm On Jul 28, 2019
wowcatty:
That's igbos for you, only what they are eating in their mouth at the moment counts. Igbos go where the winds blow, if Buhari gives them something now, you will see how they will do 180 immediately, they are people without principles.

And it is that attitude of theirs that made us Southerners political slaves of the North till tomorrow. Imagine how Azikiwe chose to sell the South out in the first republic just because of his greed and lust after a vainglorious pursuit.

2 Likes

Re: Dogo Isuwa: Middle Belt No Longer Part Of North – MBF Leader by ElsonMorali: 5:40pm On Jul 28, 2019
sapoyoro:

love reading your posts because its usually devoid of insults.
now my question is what should the igbos or ojukwu have done in 1967 in the face of continuous masacre by the northerners?

That would have been a perfect time for the southern part of Nigeria to form a united South. Ojukwu and Awolowo would have brokered an alliance that would have lasted even until today.

The declaration of war did not stop the continued loss of lives for the Igbo people. On the contrary, it escalated it as is expected of an unprepared for war.

A dialogue on the other hand would have seen to it that no more Igbo life was lost and there would have been the added advantage of a very strong, united South. That was the opportune moment to build bridges across the south. We lost it.

1 Like

Re: Dogo Isuwa: Middle Belt No Longer Part Of North – MBF Leader by Nowenuse: 5:54pm On Jul 28, 2019
Celebsnews:
MB is North and see my reason below

You all speak Hausa
You all eat Hausa foods
You all sew your ankara clothings the Arewa way
You act like Hausa somehow

The only state that shouldn't be there is BENUE STATE

What you are saying doesn't make any sense. Millions of people in Cameroon, Ghana & Niger republic also speak Hausa as a 2nd language just like many middlebelters do, does that also make them part of core-northern Nigeria? Language is not an issue abeg.

You are talking about Benue, what of Kogi & Kwara?

You are pointless!

4 Likes

Re: Dogo Isuwa: Middle Belt No Longer Part Of North – MBF Leader by Nowenuse: 5:59pm On Jul 28, 2019
Celebsnews:

Islamization in Kogi state has made it more North than South.

I think you have a problem.
Oyo state has more muslims both in numbers and percentage than Kogi state, should this make Oyo a northern state?

Kogi state is more of a 50/50. Kogi west is like 80% christian, Kogi east is like 60% christian. It is Kogi central that is like 70% muslim.

4 Likes

Re: Dogo Isuwa: Middle Belt No Longer Part Of North – MBF Leader by Nowenuse: 6:05pm On Jul 28, 2019
thinksense:
let me tell you the truth. they issue of middle belt is a religious thing. christian side with the south while muslim with the north. so this idiot calling himself middle belt leader we dont know him. I have never come accross this botanical name called isuwa.

kip your mouth short or we push u to join biafra piqs.
idiot.

up north
up nasarawa state
up arewa for real.

Funny enough, Dogo Isuwa is either from Nasarawa state or Southern Kaduna.... Isuwa is an Eggon/Mada name and his tribe is the largest tribe in Nasarawa state.

Cin rani, can you tell us what Nasarawa state tribal names sound like?

2 Likes

Re: Dogo Isuwa: Middle Belt No Longer Part Of North – MBF Leader by Nowenuse: 6:07pm On Jul 28, 2019
Torino234:

Kwara, Niger, plateau, nasarawa, kogi , Benue

Southern Kaduna, Taraba, FCT and parts of Adamawa are part and parcel of the middlebelt.
It is not synonymous with NC geopolitical zone, it is rather a classification of all central Nigeria's minority groups.

3 Likes

Re: Dogo Isuwa: Middle Belt No Longer Part Of North – MBF Leader by Nowenuse: 6:21pm On Jul 28, 2019
Kabir2Mohammad:

whenever they talk about middle belt they are referring to Xtians living there not the entire populace which if u subtract Benue the remaining two states Plateau and Taraba share almost equal population while the remaining are dominantly Muslims

Middlebelt is not about religion. It is about central Nigerian minority ethnic groups.

3 Likes

Re: Dogo Isuwa: Middle Belt No Longer Part Of North – MBF Leader by Nobody: 6:21pm On Jul 28, 2019
ElsonMorali:

I only reply with facts no matter how unpleasant they may sound. Biafra soldiers never kept any federal prisoner of war. They executed any and all federal soldiers caught. During war terrible things happen. Biafra soldiers dealt mercilessly with their southern neighbours on the mere rumour that they were aiding the federal troops. Besides how can civilians ambush armed soldiers? Does that even make sense to you? You see soldiers carrying weapons during a war, what's your first instinct? To ambush them as an unarmed civilian or to go into hiding? Who is lying now?

As per the 20pounds policy, I have answered this somewhere earlier. Go and ask old people who lived when Nigeria was still spending pounds. 20 pounds was a huge amount and if you had proof that you hadmoney in a npbank account you were given 20 pounds. Most civil servants didn't earn 20 pounds in a year.

Only facts here.

For a better appreciation of the Nigerian civil war, go and read "The Tragedy of Victory" by a direct participant, Colonel Isama. His book documented most of what happened during the war with hundreds of pictures to boot.

""Biafra soldiers never kept any federal prisoner of war.""

Is this is facts? What nonsense are u blabbing about? Did Nigerian soldiers murder n main hundreds of thousands of IGBO soldiers n civilians? Answer that to ur self.

""Biafra soldiers dealt mercilessly with their southern neighbours on the mere rumour that they were aiding the federal troops.""

Biafra vice president was an efik man, efiks who ambushed n killed biafra soldiers were killed.

The biafran soldiers were made up of every tribe in eastern Nigeria, so do the math.

""Most civil servants didn't earn 20 pounds in a year.""

Are u normal @ all?

For starters why should the Awolowo led government give people 20 pounds n confiscated every other money they had in their bank accounts?

Why didn't Nigeria give back IGBOS their monies? If u can't answer that, then stop replying because u are quite empty

1 Like

Re: Dogo Isuwa: Middle Belt No Longer Part Of North – MBF Leader by ElsonMorali: 6:35pm On Jul 28, 2019
PrecisionFx:

""Biafra soldiers never kept any federal prisoner of war.""

Is this is facts? What nonsense are u blabbing about? Did Nigerian soldiers murder n main hundreds of thousands of IGBO soldiers n civilians? Answer that to ur self.

""Biafra soldiers dealt mercilessly with their southern neighbours on the mere rumour that they were aiding the federal troops.""

Biafra vice president was an efik man, efiks who ambushed n killed biafra soldiers were killed.

The biafran soldiers were made up of every tribe in eastern Nigeria, so do the math.

""Most civil servants didn't earn 20 pounds in a year.""

Are u normal @ all?

For starters why should the Awolowo led government give people 20 pounds n confiscated every other money they had in their bank accounts?

Why didn't Nigeria give back IGBOS their monies? If u can't answer that, then stop replying because u are quite empty

I am tired of debating mere rumors gleaned from the propaganda machinery of Biafra. When you have read widely on the Nigerian civil war come back and debate this. I won't continue to debate mama Nkechi pepper soup joint rumours with you.

"Why would Awolowo-led government..." Now I know you don't even know anything. Awolowo was simply the Finance Minister, he did not lead any government during the time of the war.

Asking why the federal government would take any advantage they saw fit to put an end to the war and defeat their enemies is the height of insanity. Maybe you thought it was Aba women's riot.

Tired of trying to school you. You can write a petition to the Federal government and demand for the full payment of the money in your parents' abi na grandparents' account during the war. Good luck with that.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dogo Isuwa: Middle Belt No Longer Part Of North – MBF Leader by wowcatty: 6:39pm On Jul 28, 2019
Exactly!
Deadlytruth:

And it is that attitude of theirs that made us Southerners political slaves of the North till tomorrow. Imagine how Azikiwe chose to sell the South out in the first republic just because of his greed and lust after a vainglorious pursuit.
Re: Dogo Isuwa: Middle Belt No Longer Part Of North – MBF Leader by wowcatty: 6:48pm On Jul 28, 2019
Yoruba are already at home and their "village " you can't be at home and still be going home. Even you are probably in my "village" as we speak It's you igbos who can't ive in your region but.run around. No where in the world do people have more people outside their land than they have back at home, except igbos and fulani.. You can see that you have so much in common.

Quorax:
TAKE THAT BACK.. who told you igbos are not proud of their land? Among Southerners, who travels home to their respective villages like the Igbos and this has not changed much for several decades, year in year out.

If I ask you the last time you visited your village now, you may not even remember the year. I mean your village, as in where your father or family is from, not just state...

2 Likes

Re: Dogo Isuwa: Middle Belt No Longer Part Of North – MBF Leader by Quorax: 7:01pm On Jul 28, 2019
wowcatty:
Yoruba are already at home and their "village " you can't be at home and still be going home. Even you are probably in my "village" as we speak It's you igbos who can't ive in your region but.run around. No where in the world do people have more people outside their land than they have back at home, except igbos and fulani.. You can see that you have so much in common.

Are yorubas not in UK and US? Answer that first...

2 Likes

Re: Dogo Isuwa: Middle Belt No Longer Part Of North – MBF Leader by wowcatty: 7:35pm On Jul 28, 2019
Igbos looted Nigerian banks to prosecute the war, fact! This is the only reason Awolowo changed the bank notes to make the money useless for you.

Igbos weren't running for their lives, they were running away from the backlash of their actions against other people. People running for their lives don't then turn around to commit genocide on innocent people who did nothing to them, the way igbos tried to wipe out the former Midwest people.

uckennety:

Please read what you wrote here

The few igbos who had money in the bank withdrew all their money and still looted Nigerian banks before leaving for Igboland and then waited a whole year to declare war,

I wonder how possible they will loot Nigerian banks as they were running for their lives when they were been hunting in killed by every entity in Nigerian

1 Like

Re: Dogo Isuwa: Middle Belt No Longer Part Of North – MBF Leader by MetaPhysical: 7:39pm On Jul 28, 2019
wowcatty:

Very true!

1 Like

Re: Dogo Isuwa: Middle Belt No Longer Part Of North – MBF Leader by wowcatty: 7:45pm On Jul 28, 2019
If that makes you feel good, keep it! Yours is a cursed lineage anyway.
MelesZenawi:

I fully agree, that's why awolowo principle started with rat poison and today sniper is on lead with his people.
Re: Dogo Isuwa: Middle Belt No Longer Part Of North – MBF Leader by wowcatty: 7:54pm On Jul 28, 2019
Yoruba are, as immigrants, obeying the law of the land and don't call America "no man's land" and respect our hosts. You igbos need to take a cue from that.
Quorax:
Are yorubas not in UK and US? Answer that first...

1 Like

Re: Dogo Isuwa: Middle Belt No Longer Part Of North – MBF Leader by uckennety(m): 9:08pm On Jul 28, 2019
wowcatty:
Igbos looted Nigerian banks to prosecute the war, fact! This is the only reason Awolowo changed the bank notes to make the money useless for you.

Igbos weren't running for their lives, they were running away from the backlash of their actions against other people. People running for their lives don't then turn around to commit genocide on innocent people who did nothing to them, the way igbos tried to wipe out the former Midwest people.

Honestly your making no point

Is the mid-west region not indigenous to the igbos
Re: Dogo Isuwa: Middle Belt No Longer Part Of North – MBF Leader by Quorax: 9:21pm On Jul 28, 2019
wowcatty:
Yoruba are as immigrants, obeying the law of the land and don't call America "no man's land" and respect our host.s. You igbos need to take a cue from that.
You are running off to a tangent. that is not what I am after. I have never called any land a no mans land plus, igbos never called the entire yoruba land a no mans land. please get your facts right. The emphasis was for Lagos, which is wrong IMO... but despite this, has any igbo man killed a Yoruba person over any of highligted? Answer this again!

3 Likes

Re: Dogo Isuwa: Middle Belt No Longer Part Of North – MBF Leader by wowcatty: 9:22pm On Jul 28, 2019
The Midwest is NOT ndigenous to igbos? Everyone knows where igboland starts and ends among your tiniest 5 states, the Midwestor belongs to many other ethnic groups, not you.
uckennety:

Honestly your making no point

Is the mid-west region not indigenous to the igbos

2 Likes

Re: Dogo Isuwa: Middle Belt No Longer Part Of North – MBF Leader by JonDon12: 9:24pm On Jul 28, 2019
I am glad Middle Belters are waking up.
Re: Dogo Isuwa: Middle Belt No Longer Part Of North – MBF Leader by Nobody: 9:33pm On Jul 28, 2019
ElsonMorali:

I am tired of debating mere rumors gleaned from the propaganda machinery of Biafra. When you have read widely on the Nigerian civil war come back and debate this. I won't continue to debate mama Nkechi pepper soup joint rumours with you.

"Why would Awolowo-led government..." Now I know you don't even know anything. Awolowo was simply the Finance Minister, he did not lead any government during the time of the war.

Asking why the federal government would take any advantage they saw fit to put an end to the war and defeat their enemies is the height of insanity. Maybe you thought it was Aba women's riot.

Tired of trying to school you. You can write a petition to the Federal government and demand for the full payment of the money in your parents' abi na grandparents' account during the war. Good luck with that.

Empty Afonja rants

1 Like

Re: Dogo Isuwa: Middle Belt No Longer Part Of North – MBF Leader by ElsonMorali: 9:37pm On Jul 28, 2019
PrecisionFx:

Empty Afonja rants

1 Like

Re: Dogo Isuwa: Middle Belt No Longer Part Of North – MBF Leader by uckennety(m): 10:22pm On Jul 28, 2019
wowcatty:
The Midwestis indigenousto igbos? Everyone knows where igboland starts and ends among your tiniest 5 states, the Midwestor belongs to many other ethnic groups.

If you say so no problem
Re: Dogo Isuwa: Middle Belt No Longer Part Of North – MBF Leader by DeOTR: 10:23pm On Jul 28, 2019
Technically, Kwara, Kogi and Benue have no business being a part of anything north.

1 Like

Re: Dogo Isuwa: Middle Belt No Longer Part Of North – MBF Leader by oyatz(m): 10:24pm On Jul 28, 2019
How does this post relate to your usual 'Yoruba Vs Igbo' contest?

Rekhina:
When we yorubas realise the truth ,we are allaigning with fulani ,because we hate igbos so much!

1 Like

Re: Dogo Isuwa: Middle Belt No Longer Part Of North – MBF Leader by DeOTR: 10:26pm On Jul 28, 2019
Celebsnews:
MB is North and see my reason below

You all speak Hausa
You all eat Hausa foods
You all sew your ankara clothings the Arewa way
You act like Hausa somehow

The only state that shouldn't be there is BENUE STATE
I'm Yoruba from Kwara, I don't speak Hausa or eat their foods, nor do I dress like them. So what's your point?

2 Likes

Re: Dogo Isuwa: Middle Belt No Longer Part Of North – MBF Leader by oyatz(m): 10:27pm On Jul 28, 2019
The guy always claim to be from Anambra State.

He appears to have a veiled contempt for non-Anambra Igbos and a profound detestation for the Yorubas.

Mightyhaiz:
are u not suppose to look for a kenyan forum where u belong instead of gallivanting all over here like a depraved vagrant?
Re: Dogo Isuwa: Middle Belt No Longer Part Of North – MBF Leader by wowcatty: 10:50pm On Jul 28, 2019
Typo! Ole, Midwest belongs to the minority groups not igbos.
uckennety:

If you say so no problem

1 Like

Re: Dogo Isuwa: Middle Belt No Longer Part Of North – MBF Leader by laudate: 3:39am On Jul 29, 2019
saaron:
I'm from Middle Belt and I never for once saw myself as part of Northern Nigeria.
Wait first....how can anybody call Zamfara part of the Middle Belt?? How? shocked
Re: Dogo Isuwa: Middle Belt No Longer Part Of North – MBF Leader by laudate: 3:46am On Jul 29, 2019
flamingREED:
Someone should start the fire on Twitter already.
Let it trend till it sinks into the minds of our unfertilised gametes:

#MiddleBeltIsNotNorth.

Who knows if this is the beginning of the deliverance we've been waiting on for years?!
But the quest for the Middle Belt to have an identity and a structure that is totally separate from the core North started a long time ago in the late 1950s.

While the term ‘Middle-belt’ has been in existence and use since ‘1950’s’ pre-independence Nigeria(Remember the defunct United Middle Belt Congress ‘UMBC’ headed by Joseph Tarka?), the term ‘North Central’ (states) as a region came into existence in the 1990’s, under the late Gen. Sani Abacha’s regime.

Hence, you begin to wonder: why wasn’t the region accurately named ‘Middle-belt’ region when the six geopolitical zones were created?

Was it omitted to actualize a “One big Northern” agenda? Notwithstanding that a typical middle-belter (from the North central states) has nothing in common with a typical man from North East/West.

Contemporary, the Middle Belt Forum (MBF) operates as a successor to the UMBC and in many occasions has refused to identify as ‘Northerners’.
https://medium.com/@JikistMove/a-look-into-the-middle-belt-north-identity-crisis-and-other-related-matters-3825af8b6480
Re: Dogo Isuwa: Middle Belt No Longer Part Of North – MBF Leader by laudate: 3:48am On Jul 29, 2019
AnanseK:

The truth is that there is nothing like Middle Belt. Even when OBJ rained bombs on Zaki Biam , he was just attacking the North
Stop being ignorant, abeg. The Middle belt agitation started from the 50s.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Keep Quiet! Ex-Militants Tell Edwin Clark / Anambra 2021: Arthur Eze Drums Support For Nnewi Governorship Candidate / Man Drinks Dirty Water To Celebrate Yahaya Bello's Victory(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.