Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,590 members, 7,837,227 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:26 PM

Volunteers Needed For A New Nigeria. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Volunteers Needed For A New Nigeria. (955 Views)

Volunteers Sorting & Distributing The PVCs Dumped In Bush In Nnewi, Anambra / Deji Adeyanju Volunteers To Pick Sowore, As DSS Said No One Came To Pick Him / Buhari Meets With The Young Volunteers From APC Presidential Situation Room (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Volunteers Needed For A New Nigeria. by 1x2x3: 10:00am On Jul 27, 2019
Hi Nairalanders,

I have been on this platform for quite some years and have experienced enormous dramas , gained enough knowledge, earned from peoples contributions and now know how the mind of an average Nigerian works. Yes I have played politics, I have played tribalism, I have made fun of our typical slangs like Igbos, afonja and all then come to realize our fundamental problem is rooted in hatred, lack of education, tribalism, and religious discrimination. There is a huge need for a non-profit movement that will sanitize the average Nigerian against such negative vices which has kept the masses hostage for decades. Nigeria wasn't design to fail, we are supposed to go from strength to strength through unity and taking advantage of our growing populace rather we've kept deteriorating which is evidenced by decay in every sector of the country .

I watched a video of an Hausa Shiite member who is the leader of a small group of protesters and I marveled at his level of intelligence and how he spoke about the manipulations by the Elites, how these people brainwash the uneducated into fighting imaginary enemies. I couldn't sense any form of tribalism in a 10 minute long video, he had enormous courage that he made daring and striking statements against bad governance right in front of armed security forces. I could perceive how touched the Policemen were, I saw their inner persons wishing they could join the protesters but then their uniforms restricted them.

I would like to see a New Nigeria where there are;

1. Pure Unity and Oneness
2. Zero Tribalism
3. Zero tolerance for Political affiliation
4. No Religious Discrimination
5. No Godfatherism

It may seem impossible to some but believe me when I say the masses are beginning to get enlightened, they are beginning to see the manipulations and we need more hands to come together to birth this New Nigeria rather than disintegrate what we have.

A New Nigeria is urgently needed and I would need the coming together of those who are purged off tribalism, religious discrimination and political affiliations.

I am seeking a passionate team of volunteers which comprises of;

1. 3 good writers who can research and drive points persuasively

2. 2 experienced moderators

If you would like to devote your time to be part of this movement kindly signify so we can come together. Please be aware there are zero tolerance for Tribalism, Political affiliation and Religious Discrimination.

If you can't see pass those vices kindly stay away.

cc; Seun, Lalasticlala, ishlove, mynd44

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Volunteers Needed For A New Nigeria. by nabiz(m): 10:15am On Jul 27, 2019
Very good move. We dont need career politial here. We need passionate civil men and women lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Volunteers Needed For A New Nigeria. by valicious1(m): 11:05am On Jul 27, 2019
Op you are on a Loooooooooooooooog tin. Nigeria is destined for damnation and no amount of volunteer work can salvage the situation.

3 Likes

Re: Volunteers Needed For A New Nigeria. by 1x2x3: 11:13am On Jul 27, 2019
valicious1:
Op you are on a Loooooooooooooooog tin. Nigeria is destined for damnation and no amount of volunteer work can salvage the situation.

Yeah if it doesn't work offline it can work online. There is a need to build community of sane people where intellectual conversation can be held. I bet you know 90% of social media pages and contents are flooded with thrash.
Re: Volunteers Needed For A New Nigeria. by Benteazaa(m): 11:14am On Jul 27, 2019
Dreamer

1 Like

Re: Volunteers Needed For A New Nigeria. by 1x2x3: 11:18am On Jul 27, 2019
Benteazaa:
Dreamer

This is very much needed for future reference. Thanks man.
Re: Volunteers Needed For A New Nigeria. by Rekhina(f): 11:25am On Jul 27, 2019
Nonsense you igbo again ,always spoiling nigeria ...
Re: Volunteers Needed For A New Nigeria. by Benteazaa(m): 11:28am On Jul 27, 2019
Nigeria is designed to fail

2 Likes

Re: Volunteers Needed For A New Nigeria. by 1x2x3: 11:30am On Jul 27, 2019
Rekhina:
Nonsense you igbo again ,always spoiling nigeria ...

Oh now I'm Igbo. You called me Yoruba in the other post grin. I will be an hausa soon. Its obvious we got a tribalist here. Please grow above it and see the freedom that follows.

3 Likes

Re: Volunteers Needed For A New Nigeria. by valicious1(m): 11:35am On Jul 27, 2019
1x2x3:

Yeah if it doesn't work offline it can work online. There is a need to build community of sane people where intellectual conversation can be held. I bet you know 90% of social media pages and contents are flooded with thrash.
Guy we Dey find money. Nobody has time for that now.

1 Like

Re: Volunteers Needed For A New Nigeria. by Rekhina(f): 11:39am On Jul 27, 2019
1x2x3:

Oh now I'm Igbo. You called me Yoruba in the other post grin. I will be an hausa soon. Its obvious we got a tribalist here. Please grow above it and see the freedom that follows.
i see ,fight for your people
Re: Volunteers Needed For A New Nigeria. by 1x2x3: 11:41am On Jul 27, 2019
valicious1:

Guy we Dey find money. Nobody has time for that now.

Then you are obviously looking for money in wrong places. Only those who write will know the importance of quality content and engaging community.
Re: Volunteers Needed For A New Nigeria. by 1x2x3: 11:44am On Jul 27, 2019
Rekhina:
i see ,fight for your people

You need to come closer if you can write passionately. Leave what's happening on Nairaland to Nairaland let's do something. wink
Re: Volunteers Needed For A New Nigeria. by otokzmail(m): 1:17pm On Jul 27, 2019
count me in.
I am a good fictitious poem writer.
inbox me via OTOKZMAIL@GMAIL.COM
Re: Volunteers Needed For A New Nigeria. by valenu(m): 1:22pm On Jul 27, 2019
@1x2x3
I so much love and appreciate your idea and move. It's something I had long wished for but I had thought deeply about it.

Now my humble opinion :
The problem of Nigeria is the almagamation. The core North is the problem of Nigeria. Those people are majorly illiterates. They are not enlightened as per modern way of life. I doubt if they can even read the articles. The Fulanis prefer their fellow Fulanis from other countries to their own fellow Nigerian. Their ideology is very different from that of the southerners. So, you see that this thing can't work except they are extracted from Nigeria. If it were middlebelt, no wahala but those core North's are the problem of Nigeria.
Re: Volunteers Needed For A New Nigeria. by valenu(m): 1:27pm On Jul 27, 2019
As for preaching love between the Igbos and the Yorubas, that would make a good sense. The problem is that Hausas make the Yorubas seem their favorite and the Yoruba would act to please the Hausaa at the detriment of their southern brother, the Igbos.
Yorubas are also applying the same technique of divide and rule to influence the south south into seeing the Igbos as their enemies. The division will certainly give room for corruptions and we all suffer it.
Re: Volunteers Needed For A New Nigeria. by valenu(m): 1:31pm On Jul 27, 2019
So, where the unity is needed is here in the south. The middlebelt is willing to go with the south. Once we the south and the middlebelt unite, the Fulani influence would be nowhere and our prestige and glory would be restored.
Re: Volunteers Needed For A New Nigeria. by valenu(m): 1:37pm On Jul 27, 2019
How can you allow someone who's not enlightened to be your president and expect him to bring good results? In the computer world, it is garbage in garbage out. The computer is just there. It is the programmer and computer operator that makes the computer a useful device. Nigeria will just be there. A technically and economically inclined leader is who we need to turn things around irrespective of the tribe. Nigeria has a very long way to go.
Re: Volunteers Needed For A New Nigeria. by valicious1(m): 1:49pm On Jul 27, 2019
1x2x3:

Then you are obviously looking for money in wrong places. Only those who write will know the importance of quality content and engaging community.
Dey there de blow grammar while men keep cashing out daily! Big time.
Re: Volunteers Needed For A New Nigeria. by ElsonMorali: 2:37pm On Jul 27, 2019
valenu:
As for preaching love between the Igbos and the Yorubas, that would make a good sense. The problem is that Hausas make the Yorubas seem their favorite and the Yoruba would act to please the Hausaa at the detriment of their southern brother, the Igbos.
Yorubas are also applying the same technique of divide and rule to influence the south south into seeing the Igbos as their enemies. The division will certainly give room for corruptions and we all suffer it.

People like you are the problem of Nigeria actually. You have dragged the Yoruba into your nonsense again. How exactly are the Yorubas your problem? Are they the ones keeping your regions from development? Are they your governors or senators?

Maybe when you are older you'll learn that a real man takes responsibility and doesn't keep blaming others for his shortcomings.
Re: Volunteers Needed For A New Nigeria. by 1x2x3: 2:37pm On Jul 27, 2019
valicious1:

Dey there de blow grammar while men keep cashing out daily! Big time.

If you don't have 8 figure digits in your account then keep quiet. I'm not your typical hungry youth that needs to stress myself to cash out while I have streams of income. Hisses. Don't quote me again.
Re: Volunteers Needed For A New Nigeria. by 1x2x3: 2:40pm On Jul 27, 2019
ElsonMorali:

People like you are the problem of Nigeria actually. You have dragged the Yoruba into your nonsense again. How exactly are the Yorubas your problem? Are they the ones keeping your regions from development? Are they your governors or senators?

Maybe when you are older you'll learn that a real man takes responsibility and doesn't keep blaming others for his shortcomings.

That's one funny thing. An average Nigerian is suffering from the decays of this nation. That the North holds power doesn't mean an average northerner is feeding from the pockets of our selfish leaders. The only ones benefitting are the elites.

1 Like

Re: Volunteers Needed For A New Nigeria. by 1x2x3: 2:45pm On Jul 27, 2019
valenu:
How can you allow someone who's not enlightened to be your president and expect him to bring good results? In the computer world, it is garbage in garbage out. The computer is just there. It is the programmer and computer operator that makes the computer a useful device. Nigeria will just be there. A technically and economically inclined leader is who we need to turn things around irrespective of the tribe. Nigeria has a very long way to go.

Are you aware most enlighten people would automatically refuse to vote? Not that they aren't aware of the need to get in technocrats but for the fact they know their votes won't likely count since rigging is the order of the day. The uneducated masses who eventually go voting are bought out or brainwashed by usual promises.

Don't you think there is need for sanitisation? Don't you think there are people from the North who aren't happy with the nations affairs and are willing to give it all to see a better Nigeria? The time to start the movement is now.
Re: Volunteers Needed For A New Nigeria. by 1x2x3: 2:47pm On Jul 27, 2019
otokzmail:
count me in.
I am a good fictitious poem writer.
inbox me via OTOKZMAIL@GMAIL.COM

Noted. I will revert back to you.
Re: Volunteers Needed For A New Nigeria. by ElsonMorali: 2:56pm On Jul 27, 2019
1x2x3:

That's one funny thing. An average Nigerian is suffering from the decays of this nation. That the North holds power doesn't mean an average northerner is feeding from the pockets of our selfish leaders. The only ones benefitting are the elites.

Exactly my point.
Re: Volunteers Needed For A New Nigeria. by 1x2x3: 3:03pm On Jul 27, 2019
valenu:
@1x2x3
I so much love and appreciate your idea and move. It's something I had long wished for but I had thought deeply about it.

Now my humble opinion :
The problem of Nigeria is the almagamation. The core North is the problem of Nigeria. Those people are majorly illiterates. They are not enlightened as per modern way of life. I doubt if they can even read the articles. The Fulanis prefer their fellow Fulanis from other countries to their own fellow Nigerian. Their ideology is very different from that of the southerners. So, you see that this thing can't work except they are extracted from Nigeria. If it were middlebelt, no wahala but those core North's are the problem of Nigeria.

I understand your point. The power religion has in the North also worries me as that comes before anything else for them. I'm not against their religion, I can only wish their uneducated masses understand they see the word "infidel" differently.
Re: Volunteers Needed For A New Nigeria. by valenu(m): 3:04pm On Jul 27, 2019
ElsonMorali:

You see? You may not have understood the message I tried to pass. I'm only trying to bring in the fact that the Hausas are using divide and rule tactics to make we Igbos and your Yorubas enemies. Divide and rule is a tactic we need to overcome so we become united. Once you know your weak point, you should be able to find the solution.

I agree persons like me are the problem of Nigeria actually. You are right because you are only limited to your low level of enlightenment. That's your own opinion.

But I'm only approving this opinion of yours just because you don't know much about Nigerian history and that of the Igbos.
Re: Volunteers Needed For A New Nigeria. by 1x2x3: 3:11pm On Jul 27, 2019
valenu:

You see? You may not have understood the message I tried to pass. I'm only trying to bring in the fact that the Hausas are using divide and rule tactics to make we Igbos and your Yorubas enemies. Divide and rule is a tactic we need to overcome so we become united. Once you know your weak point, you should be able to find the solution.

I agree persons like me are the problem of Nigeria actually. You are right because you are only limited to your low level of enlightenment. That's your own opinion.

But I'm only approving this opinion of yours[b] just because you don't know much about Nigerian history and that of the Igbos. [/b]

Our history courses deserves to be locked away in archive. It is full of hatred and bitterness that has held us back. Our forefathers decisions were messy which landed us where we are today yet we are still clinging onto it.

Take the Black Americans for example, many of them are problems to themselves because they are still holding unto the slavery mentality.
Re: Volunteers Needed For A New Nigeria. by valenu(m): 3:19pm On Jul 27, 2019
ElsonMorali:

@1x2x3
This is why I concluded that this preaching of love won't work. Majority of the Yorubas have deep hatred for the Igbos. How can this animal quote me to say I'm dragging the Yoruba into my nonsense again? That's the manifestation of the deep hatred I'm talking about. While we are picking at ways to come to terms, he's exhibiting his hates. I wanted to turn a blind eye to this but I have decided not to. I'm not begging anyone for unity.

In case you don't know, the southeast of Nigeria is handicapped politically. Do you know how? I knew you wouldn't know. Learn to study histories.
Re: Volunteers Needed For A New Nigeria. by ElsonMorali: 3:21pm On Jul 27, 2019
valenu:

But I'm only approving this opinion of yours just because you don't know much about Nigerian history and that of the Igbos.

Lol. Typical. Your error is pointed out you start crying and pretending to be the victim.

Read the first write up again. Maybe your mind was on sabbatical when your fingers were typing.

Yorubas are now the ones dividing the United south by kissing their Fulani master's ass. That's basically what you implied. I guess you are allowed to kiss Atiku, another Fulani man's ass and nauseum because his ass is sweeter to you abi?

I believe you still a kid. Go and ask around what happened when the late sage Awolowo approach Azikiwe to form a unity government with Yorubas in a deal that would have made Azikiwe the first Prime Minister of Nigeria but instead he, Azikiwe, an Igbo man decided to betray his fellow southerner and instead lick Tafawa Balewa's black butt and settled for the purely ceremonial role of President.

You have been licking and French kissing Fulani and Hausa butts a long time ago, no be today.

I'd school you more how y'all rejected Ojukwu who came from exile to contest presidency and voted for another Fulani man, Shagari in the 80s because he picked Alex Ekwueme as his errand boy.

It's a pity that history has been scrapped from Nigeria's curriculum in schools, maybe your prideful and arrogant nature would have been deflated a little bit and allow you and the rest of us see road.
Re: Volunteers Needed For A New Nigeria. by valenu(m): 3:22pm On Jul 27, 2019
1x2x3:

Our history courses deserves to be locked away in archive. It is full of hatred and bitterness that has held us back. Our forefathers decisions were messy which landed us where we are today yet we are still clinging onto it.

Take the Black Americans for example, many of them are problems to themselves because they are still holding unto the slavery mentality.
History can only help us know why something happened. If there was a mistake, it's the duty of the current generation to correct it. It's not easy to wipe off those knowledges that have been long acquired and passed down to the next generation.
Re: Volunteers Needed For A New Nigeria. by 1x2x3: 3:29pm On Jul 27, 2019
valenu:

History can only help us know why something happened. If there was a mistake, it's the duty of the current generation to correct it. It's not easy to wipe off those knowledges that have been long acquired and passed down to the next generation.

What good things do we have recorded in the history? If we keep passing down history of horrible past without any positive record about unity then such history is only a seed of hatred.

(1) (2) (Reply)

#revolutionisnow Protesters Defy Rain, Protest In Abuja / Elumelu Orders Buhari To Release Sowore In The Spirit Of Eid-el-kabir / We Don’t Bow To Threats, PMB Should Appear In Japan And Face Us – IPOB Replies J

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.