Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,037 members, 7,818,066 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:34 AM

If I Were God Enh - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If I Were God Enh (2262 Views)

Some Hilarious Things Man Can Do If He Were God / If I Were God. / What If Men Were God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If I Were God Enh by Nobody: 8:25pm On May 21, 2007
donnie:

Ha ha ha ha, here they come again. You haven't seen anything yet, prepare to talk.
These people have been talking since we were in school. they called us names, they pulled down our banners in envy and deep rooted hatred. They did so until we became the largest and most influencial fellowship on campus.

They were only 12 disciples, broken, dejected, disappointed. Sitting in despair around the table of the last supper wondering whether they had done the right thing in following a mere carpenter for 3 yrs of their lives. They didnt have a voice, they were not influential, beaten, bruised, crucified, inprisoned yet their voices rang out as on the day that the tongues of fire from the holy spirit descended on their heads.
they didnt have jets, they never wore beautiful clothes. They hid in baskets, shipwrecked, blackmailed and threatened, yet the wonderful message of Jesus that they preached in suffering rings loud and clear for us all more than 2000 yrs after they went to the grave.

Christ does not dwell in the midst of pride, His message is not preached by the "largest and most influential", He says He uses the foolish things of this world to confound the wise. It is not how large now how much you have in your pocket that "confirms" the presence of God. For even the devil himself has transformed into an angel of light. . .

donnie:

Prepare your talking machine baecause what you will see in the years to come will cause your mouth to drop. It will be obvoius to all that it is not by power nor by might but by the Spirit of the Lord.

Sometimes it is true that some things are not by power nor by might, most times it is also NOT by the spirit of the Lord.

Matt 7: 21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

donnie:

Ha ha ha ha(logs out and continues laughing in the Spirit)

It is the spirit of pride that spends time laughing, looking down and despising others in the "spirit".
Re: If I Were God Enh by ricadelide(m): 8:37pm On May 21, 2007
Telly B:

Pride is not a virtue.

i wonder why its so hard to realize this simple truth.

@donnie,
You're missing something and that's what people are trying to explain to you.
Jesus never committed himself to the crowd. They always followed him because of what they could get, but they could never give themselves fully to Him, that's why He always withdrew Himself from them. Human worship is vain, and i hope you see beyond your overt adulation of mere men and give yourself fully to Christ, no matter whose ox is gored. If men of God are infallible and cannot be wrong, there is a serious problem with one's thinking. There are no sacred cows in the kingdom. Cheers.
Re: If I Were God Enh by mrmayor(m): 9:09pm On May 21, 2007
NymphoQin:

i can understand oyakhilome grin. although he looks and acts like hinn too, i wonder if they have a finishing school for prosperity preachers

Hahaha, grin grin grin grin Holy Moses grin grin cheesy cheesy thanx Nympho,that was a good one.
Re: If I Were God Enh by TayoD(m): 1:35am On May 22, 2007
i can understand oyakhilome . although he looks and acts like hinn too, i wonder if they have a finishing school for prosperity preachers

Have you noticed how he nows heals like T.B. Joshua too? He points and controls people with his finger to "heal" them. You can sure accuse him of anything but originality!!!
Re: If I Were God Enh by NymphoQin(f): 1:39am On May 22, 2007
lmao, i am telling you they all go to thesame prosperity finishing school. These peoplle make me laugh and sad for the people they take advantage of.
Re: If I Were God Enh by maadoepa(f): 1:41am On May 22, 2007
thank God u r not.
Re: If I Were God Enh by donnie(m): 12:26am On May 25, 2007
@Ricadelide, We didn't always appear influential my dear even though we knew we were, by the name of Jesus. In fact there were times when they will purposely exclude our name from the list of groups in the school. Your right, He always uses, foolish things to confound the wise and that's what He's done with us.

The disciples of Jesus were meek and lowly but that did not mean that they hid their faces in timidity. For your information, they were givers and they prospered as a church. They need not drive in beautiful chariots for me to know that they prospered like many do think. Some people have learnt to look at prosperity the bible way, beginning with the soul that is free and on fire for Jesus. The rest will have to follow.

They suffered lack sometimes for the sake of the gospel just like we do today( i don't know about you but i sometimes do because there is a need in God's house) The disciples may not have had huge savings or political power but they sure were influential. Their voice caused such a stir in the city and the news about Jesus spread abroad. The religious folks of their day tried to stop them like they do today but the more they tried, the more the gospel grew and the stronger they became. The more the signs and wonders abounded.

Kings and rulers could not withstand the wisdom with which they spoke. It has not changed today. God has given us power and authority in heaven and in earth. To decree a thing and have it established.

Over the years, we have kept on declaring the word of God and believing in his promises. We haven't quenched that fire ever since then. We are still as exited as we were several years ago. We always had a voice even though at first, they pretended not to hear.

And by the way, Jesus did not withdraw from the people because of anything else but to have time alone to fellowship with the father.

@TayoD, Look carefully who your allies are on this thread. If they appear to you to be Godly. Look carefully. Jesus said, the sheep hear the voice of the shepherd and follow. Drop the assumptions and just listen to Him.
Re: If I Were God Enh by TellyB(m): 10:08am On May 29, 2007
@donnie,

Is it too much to humbly see and acknowledge your pride as having no place in true spirituality? undecided
Re: If I Were God Enh by thesilent1(m): 10:12am On May 29, 2007
@ donnie,

are you guys going to a different place at the ressurection?
Re: If I Were God Enh by TellyB(m): 10:13am On May 29, 2007
I wonder bro - please ask him. undecided
Re: If I Were God Enh by TayoD(m): 1:30pm On May 29, 2007
@thesilent1,

are you guys going to a different place at the ressurection?

That's the best rhetorical question I've read on nairaland - EVER!!! Can't stop laughing!

@donnie,

@TayoD, Look carefully who your allies are on this thread. If they appear to you to be Godly. Look carefully. Jesus said, the sheep hear the voice of the shepherd and follow. Drop the assumptions and just listen to Him.

Start by asking your Pastor if His Ally - T.B. Joushua, is of God. When you eventually get in touch with your Oyahaks (if ever), please give us the answer!!!
Re: If I Were God Enh by donnie(m): 3:36pm On May 29, 2007
Very funny.
Re: If I Were God Enh by thesilent1(m): 3:49pm On May 29, 2007
@ Donnie,

i have to say that i have absolutely NOTHING against your church or leader!!!

that being said, whenever i see a post that tends to isolate itself or another group as being different, then it can NEVER be for the overall good.

let me tell you what i mean; best friends from pry and sec school get saved together and start to go to the same church. bro A starts to worship at a different place to bro B and a few months later they start to argue. the argument is not about doctrinal stuff but rather if you should close your eyes when praying or not. funny you might think, but this "funny" story just goes to show.

this fight goes on for years and years!!! Brother A comes home one day to find a guy chatting to his daughter. nothing worth mentioning, but some months later, they decide to get married, so enter the parents, right?!

yep, daughter of bro A is dating son of bro B!!!!!!! LOL some say coicidence, i say God's sense of humour. whichever it is, the 2 guys had to agree to eachother that they were being silly and stupid.

so for me, when i see people trying to divide up "heaven" like its going to be like festac makes me very upset. i am sure you know of people that have left one church to go to another for one reason or the other.

my question is will it not be funny that we run from people we do not like but forget that due to that crazy thing called "spiritual adoption", we are ALL going to be in the same place(hopefully, some of you say), i say MOS DEF!!!!!! and no i am not arrogant, i just read the bible.

so, let us try and stop the "our", "my", etc as this just brings division.

thank you very much sir!!!
Re: If I Were God Enh by donnie(m): 4:33pm On May 29, 2007
I know there are many of you on this thread who would to have me see things the way you do from a honest heart just like i know that there are some who search for every opprtunity to pour out the frustrations and hatred they had stored up inside for so long.

The fact is that while a lot of you respond to my posts the way you do because you do not clearly understand my point, others pretend not to undrstand so as to fulfil their agenda.

@thesilent 1

While i must say here that i am of the opinion that it is sinful for a christian to think of himself more highly than another christian, i however do not subscribe to the attitude of keeping silent when you have the Word in your mouth to declare. Loveworld is not a fellowship that sees itself as better than others, however, the Word that we trust and believe in seperates us from those who do not believe in the same.

Even among those who believe, the uniqueness of ministries that God has raised and their missions actually differentiates them from each other in some ways even though they are of the same body. Just as the body is one but has different parts which function differently. That is why even though you recognize the uniqueness of your calling as a minsitry, you must recognisze the uniqueness of the calling upon others as well and respect them.

But the truth is when you have the Word on your lips 24/7, some people even christians will begin to look at you with disdain. They will say your own is too much. They will conclude that you are seeing yourself as superior to them, hence your declarations and confessions; whereas the Word is there for all to speak. They will even call you proud and boastful but you shouldn't stop. It isn't what they think but what God thinks about you that matters.

Loveworld is and has always been about reaching out and loving others apart form ourselves. That's why you do not hear things like: 'The God of Christ Embassy' or 'The God of Pastor Chris in our midst'. We present the gospel as simply as Jesus did for all to see and become what He intended for them to become.

We believe in their work and accept all of them as christians but do they accept us? We undersatnd where they are coming from and that is why we do not hate them for their actions because if they only knew us, they will love us. We love everyone because Jesus does love the whole world.
Re: If I Were God Enh by thesilent1(m): 4:47pm On May 29, 2007
well, praise God!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Who Is A Pagan And Idol Worshipper? / Kathryn Kuhlman / How To Make Your Man Stick To You Like Glue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.