Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,593 members, 7,809,155 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:41 AM

Pls Is It A Crime To 2 A Graduate Of Mathematics With A Third Class - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Pls Is It A Crime To 2 A Graduate Of Mathematics With A Third Class (1737 Views)

Graduate Of University Of Abuja Frying Akara / With Third Class Degree Is Their Any Hope / Tony Elumelu Of UBA Graduated With Third Class? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Is It A Crime To 2 A Graduate Of Mathematics With A Third Class by chiomaj1(f): 5:48pm On May 12, 2007
it not my fault its just that they wont let me,given a chance i know i will do better than this,dats why i want to go 4 a pgd program but the  cost is so high dats why am lookin 4 work now plz i ned a wise advise on what to do next
Re: Pls Is It A Crime To 2 A Graduate Of Mathematics With A Third Class by nosa101(f): 5:49pm On May 12, 2007
Teach?
Re: Pls Is It A Crime To 2 A Graduate Of Mathematics With A Third Class by Nobody: 5:54pm On May 12, 2007
chioma j:

it not my fault its just that they wont let me,given a chance i know i will do better than this,that is why i want to go 4 a pgd program but the cost is so high that is why am lookin 4 work now plz i ned a wise advise on what to do next

Whose fault was it? Who are those who wont let you. . .?
Sorry, opportunities come but once. The onus lies on us to grab such with both hands and work hard at achieving the best that we can, to blame your misfortunes on others is to play the ostrich.
Go for a good pgd program and then get at least a masters degree.
Re: Pls Is It A Crime To 2 A Graduate Of Mathematics With A Third Class by yoddy(m): 6:58pm On May 12, 2007
Let not your result or your present situation blur your vision of d future, while you're planning on getting a higher degree, keep applying, you might just get a job which will give you d leverage to move higher, Pray to God n work extra hard n you'll get thru it all, One love
Re: Pls Is It A Crime To 2 A Graduate Of Mathematics With A Third Class by ishmael(m): 11:18am On May 14, 2007
Go get a PGD and later do your Msc. mathematics is actually not too easy. Kpele o!!
Re: Pls Is It A Crime To 2 A Graduate Of Mathematics With A Third Class by iyken(m): 4:22pm On May 16, 2007
@chioma j,
If you're asking if 3rd Class in Maths is a Crime after 4yrs in the varsity?
YESSSSSS it is. tongue

by the way whose fault is it,mine ?

What next;

Dive a PGD programe and take it from there.Your target will be to make a distinction in your Masters finally.

Once beaten, twice,
Re: Pls Is It A Crime To 2 A Graduate Of Mathematics With A Third Class by Kato707: 4:33pm On May 16, 2007
Some people will be withdrawn on their course in Mathematics. I'ts not an easy course, b/cos I studied it too. all u need to do is to write professional exams in acturial sciences or go for PGD as some said earlier. your grade is not the end of you. you can do better. for if ur confused call me on       08065733884. peace
Re: Pls Is It A Crime To 2 A Graduate Of Mathematics With A Third Class by aniffy4eva(m): 4:42pm On May 16, 2007
Hi N'landers

I don't mean to be a spoil sport but why are we all condemning someone because she made a third class

A 3rd class is not too encouraging  lipsrsealed but i s'pose you must have learnt your lesson

But pls try to think out of the box, must you start bby looking for a job (ie working for someone?)

Why don't you think of other legit ways of making money? wink

Just my 2 cents, cheesy
Re: Pls Is It A Crime To 2 A Graduate Of Mathematics With A Third Class by zebra(m): 5:38pm On May 17, 2007
What took you to Mathematics Department in the 1st place?? Anyway look for one secondary school around you and start teaching students mathematics; atleast you know about algebra, geometry, quadratic and simultaneous equations.
Re: Pls Is It A Crime To 2 A Graduate Of Mathematics With A Third Class by snazzydawn(f): 7:36pm On May 17, 2007
Well,having a 3rd class is not the end of the world for you. Rather than waste time looking for a job, why not, like others have said, go and get a PGD(Post graduate diploma) then get a Masters degree from there. After everything, you will be better off than those that have a 2.1. Wish you luck.
Re: Pls Is It A Crime To 2 A Graduate Of Mathematics With A Third Class by chiomaj1(f): 11:32am On May 18, 2007
thanks u all for your kind word but i finally got
a job with intercontinental bank,i got a call yesterday
to come and pick my appointment letter do i waz
told to start a pgd program immediately so i am asking any info about lasu
pgd program i will appreciate
Re: Pls Is It A Crime To 2 A Graduate Of Mathematics With A Third Class by chiomaj1(f): 11:38am On May 18, 2007
smetme when yu don't knw reason why things happen the they do
i don't think yu should start by blaming the person
sometime word of encourgement matters alots
if i tell yu my story in school yu will do nothin bt feel sorry
that it happen, that one is by the way,believe it or not am better than
any 2.1,2,2 or even 1st class candidate
Re: Pls Is It A Crime To 2 A Graduate Of Mathematics With A Third Class by barin24(m): 12:49pm On May 18, 2007
Congratulations, ! having a 3rd class is not d end of d world and neither is an xcuse 2 make urself miserable. ur success does not depend on ur degree & neither is ur failure. ur success or failure in life depends solely on U, ! there is a marked difference btw job performance potential which a degree can suggest and actual job performance which ur skills, talents and experience says it all. so all u 3rd class guys out dere, do not despair ur success lies within u not in anybody or any job.
Re: Pls Is It A Crime To 2 A Graduate Of Mathematics With A Third Class by efuah(f): 1:16pm On May 18, 2007
yoddy:

Let not your result or your present situation blur your vision of d future, while you're planning on getting a higher degree, keep applying, you might just get a job which will give you d leverage to move higher, Pray to God n work extra hard n you'll get through it all, One love

i agree with you.
iyken:

@chioma j,
If you're asking if 3rd Class in Maths is a Crime after 4yrs in the varsity?
YESSSSSS it is. tongue

by the way whose fault is it,mine ?

too harsh
Re: Pls Is It A Crime To 2 A Graduate Of Mathematics With A Third Class by Adaorah(m): 3:26pm On May 18, 2007
Congrats dear. Nothin is imposibl wit God
Re: Pls Is It A Crime To 2 A Graduate Of Mathematics With A Third Class by iyken(m): 3:51pm On May 18, 2007
efuah:

too harsh
@efuah

lol.

Congrats Chioma, U took the bull by the horn anyway.
All the best.
Re: Pls Is It A Crime To 2 A Graduate Of Mathematics With A Third Class by Eseaba: 4:22pm On May 18, 2007
Chi, sori, 3rd class no be problem. Even 2nd class & 1st class still dey find job. Abi, nairalanders na lie Don't be discouraged. You are not employed is not because of your third class, just becos your job has not located you!If know you worth more than third class, then show it in your CV and interviews. I don't want to defend you because there are people that are really third class stuff. We Delltans call them Okpe , Yorubas call them Olodo, Ibos call them Ishi Azu. Just show you don't belong to that class in ur CV, the way U talk, and ur altitude. Well, if you belong to Olodo, then post another topic on that so that we begin another advice>.

Thank you!!!
Re: Pls Is It A Crime To 2 A Graduate Of Mathematics With A Third Class by Nobody: 8:58pm On May 18, 2007
chioma j:

smetme when yu don't knw reason why things happen the they do
i don't think yu should start by blaming the person
sometime word of encourgement matters alots
if i tell yu my story in school yu will do nothin bt feel sorry
that it happen, that one is by the way,believe it or not am better than
any 2.1,2,2 or even 1st class candidate

One look at your construction of grammer and i was more than convinced that you are indeed better than any 2.1, 2.2 or 1st class graduate. grin

errr wait . . . i'm sure you're not the only one to have "problems" in school. Not all of them finished with a 3rd class, its time to stand up to your responsibilities and not trying to shift the blame. Congrats on getting a job though.
Re: Pls Is It A Crime To 2 A Graduate Of Mathematics With A Third Class by dremoney(m): 1:30pm On May 25, 2007
hmmmn,
Third class na third class now!!!!whichever u no do well bros

it would only be a crime if ur family;s contitution forbid graduating with a third class.

Then,,u will be charged with WASTAGE OF FAMILY FORTUNE AND TIME. OR OBTAINING FAMILY MONEY UNDER FALSE PRETENSE (false pretense as in u no sabi book n u tell dem say u b efiko)
Re: Pls Is It A Crime To 2 A Graduate Of Mathematics With A Third Class by uchetobi(f): 1:59pm On May 25, 2007
am happy for you. congrats. though i wonder why your topic has that defensive heading. i wonder why 3rd class holders are defensive. i wonder why they always feel someone else is to blame for their result. just wondering
Re: Pls Is It A Crime To 2 A Graduate Of Mathematics With A Third Class by chiomaj1(f): 6:32pm On Jun 08, 2007
am not been defensive its just things unexpected
happens
Re: Pls Is It A Crime To 2 A Graduate Of Mathematics With A Third Class by Naturalle(f): 5:45pm On Sep 30, 2007
Sister, having a third class doesnt stop you from achieving gr8 things. U have gotten a job already, dont let anybody make u feel bad, !!! Everybody's success story must not sound the same. And please mr david, in as much as you are probably "Mr. Intelligent" with the straight A's, given some situations, u too can come out with a 3rd class angry remember it's not about the fall, it's the rise after the fall. grin (but still carry on with the PGD and MSc prgramme cheesy)
Re: Pls Is It A Crime To 2 A Graduate Of Mathematics With A Third Class by Goldmann(m): 12:17am On Oct 01, 2007
Hey Chioma,
I wont lie to you, a 3rd class isnt very encouraging, It isnt likely to do ur C.V any favours, In fact, applying 4 some additional degree might b difficult (I think!),Lets face it, the facts are quite grim, but I have very good news for you, I (and I hope u too) serve a God who does not operate based on facts such as these. The bible says "For with God nothing shall be impossible". God is not a man that he should lie nor a son of man that he should change his mind. I promise you that if u truly ask God to take you were you want to be and back it up with ROCK SOLID FAITH, He will surely not let you down! Miracles are real and our God is faithful today and forever,(I myself was healed of CANCER so I know God is faithful and his word is true) Just beleive in the INVISIBLE God and you will surely achieve the impossible! smiley The facts are grim but our GOD is more than able to accomplish what concerns you today. God bless you dear and fulfill your hearts desires. AMEN
Re: Pls Is It A Crime To 2 A Graduate Of Mathematics With A Third Class by skypower(f): 6:53am On Oct 01, 2007
Sorry Honey, how educational settings is so bad that 3rd class can hardly be accepted but it surely not impossible to get a job with it. You first and foremost have to accept the fact that u are the cause of your predicament afterall thousand other did better given the same environment and probabily the same circumstance.

You can get far shift the blame on anybody or are the 'they' u are reffering to.

If can get the money go for yuor PGD, most importantly get some thing doing today.

I hope our govt we wake up and reform the educational sector which I doubt but before then we have to make the best of the environment we find ourselve. It also lies in us to break the cycle of proverty and deliver a better future to the oncomming generations.

Go out now and start something and stop being sorry for ursef. Cheers cheesy
Re: Pls Is It A Crime To 2 A Graduate Of Mathematics With A Third Class by snazzydawn(f): 9:46am On Oct 01, 2007
hey she has found a job already. stop offering condoloences rather offer congrats.

(1) (Reply)

Two Hypothetical Job Scenarios: Which Would You Choose? / Document Control Profession / A Foriegn Company Calling Nigerians To Seek This Opportunity To Make Good Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.