Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,292 members, 7,836,281 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:24 AM

Is It Wort Dating Ur Fathers Friend - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Wort Dating Ur Fathers Friend (1917 Views)

Dating Ur ex Girlfriend's Friend / If U Were Dating Ur Friends Sister,can U Discuss Ur Sexual Activities With Him? / Dating Ur Friend's Ex: , (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Wort Dating Ur Fathers Friend by amyswet: 3:42pm On Oct 15, 2010
as a girl do u tink it is wort dating your fathers friend for love,money or anything
Re: Is It Wort Dating Ur Fathers Friend by grpCaptain(m): 10:03pm On Oct 30, 2010
It's Fine I believe.

I think everyone is free to date whomever they like as long as the relationship is consensual. For muslims, we have several examples from the time of the Prophet where most of the Sahabas (disciples) marry the daughters of their friends.

The Prophet Muhammad (S.A.W) gave his daughter Fatimah in marriage to Ali and Abdullah gave his daughter, Aisha to the Prophet as well.

If you are doing it for love, that's excellent. If it's for money, it's okay if you have some love for him, but for other things I don't know except you want to elaborate further on that.
Re: Is It Wort Dating Ur Fathers Friend by Freiburger(m): 10:19pm On Oct 30, 2010
Tt is wrong .
Re: Is It Wort Dating Ur Fathers Friend by grpCaptain(m): 4:16pm On Oct 31, 2010
What is wrong about it?

I am getting sick of people taking their gospel from the media and politically correct organizations that condemns anything that they don't like for one gain or another.

Since Mary mother of Jesus was pregnant at 13 years old, they may one day start claiming that God is a pedophile.

If a girl comes of age and want to date a man and not another woman, should we not rejoice that she's taking that route instead of the lesbian path.

@ Poster

If you love the man go ahead and date him. Don't suppress your love because of what somebody said or not. After-all love is sweet and you will never be fulfilled until you love someone and hopefully the person love you back.
Re: Is It Wort Dating Ur Fathers Friend by Orikinla(m): 4:27pm On Oct 31, 2010
It is unethical.

My friend's daughter who is at UNILAG likes me a lot and is always coming to visit me in the office.
She is getting too close for comfort. But I have to remain a good uncle to her.
Re: Is It Wort Dating Ur Fathers Friend by grpCaptain(m): 8:31pm On Oct 31, 2010
Orikinla,

On the basis of which ethic?
Re: Is It Wort Dating Ur Fathers Friend by james1(m): 9:00pm On Oct 31, 2010
if it won't hurt your father's pride and your concience is not killing you about it.
There really are some dads who don't think it is a big deal.
I can give a thought if it is marriage not my friend"bashing"my daugther and leaving her.
Re: Is It Wort Dating Ur Fathers Friend by omega25red(m): 9:08pm On Oct 31, 2010
you can date whom ever you want as long as it's consensual. But personally i will have a problem with a good friend of mine dating my daughter. i mean how long have you been checking her out ? and how can we be friends when you a grown man is bedding my daughter. i dont know if there is a religious reason to my feelings but i know thats how i feel about the situation.

i wouldn't care if my daughter dated a man my age as long as he isn't a friend of mine who probably knew or was there when my kid was born i would be so grossed out
Re: Is It Wort Dating Ur Fathers Friend by ZIMDRILL(m): 9:18pm On Oct 31, 2010
grpCaptain:

What is wrong about it?

I am getting sick of people taking their gospel from the media and politically correct organizations that condemns anything that they don't like for one gain or another.

Since Mary mother of Jesus was pregnant at 13 years old, they may one day start claiming that God is a craddle-robber.

If a girl comes of age and want to date a man and not another woman, should we not rejoice that she's taking that route instead of the lesbian path.

@ Poster

If you love the man go ahead and date him. Don't suppress your love because of what somebody said or not. After-all love is sweet and you will never be fulfilled until you love someone and hopefully the person love you back.

can you quote me trhe verse which says mary was 13
Re: Is It Wort Dating Ur Fathers Friend by Odunnu: 9:21pm On Oct 31, 2010
As a pretty young woman,my elder sounded it very well into my ears that there are 3 sets of men I must never date. . .
1. His friends
2. Married men
3. My boyfriend's friends/relatives.
Dating my dad's friend?i'l never think it.
Re: Is It Wort Dating Ur Fathers Friend by Odunnu: 9:22pm On Oct 31, 2010
As a pretty young woman,my elder sounded it very well into my ears that there are 3 sets of men I must never date. . .
1. His friends
2. Married men
Dating my dad's friend?i'l never think it.
Re: Is It Wort Dating Ur Fathers Friend by grpCaptain(m): 1:11am On Nov 01, 2010
ZIM_DRILL,

Mary's age was not mentioned in the bible, but most historical account pegged her age at between 12-14 years old. Mary was between 7-9 years old when she was committed to Joseph . You can google it and I am sure it is authentic enough by all accounts.

Odunnu,

You said;

1. His friends
2. Married men

I can understand number 3, since having a boyfriend already eliminate other people from the picture, but what is the problem with dating your Father's friend?

If your Father's friend is upright, good looking, responsible and loving, why would you turn him down? Why do you have to impose on yourself what God or the law of the land has not imposed on you?

omega25red,

You Said: i wouldn't care if my daughter dated a man my age as long as he isn't a friend of mine who probably knew or was there when my kid was born i would be so grossed out

You seems to be putting things upside down. If you are responsible, I believe your friends too are. Since bird of the same feather flocks together. Perhaps, you have some control if your friend is the person in the picture.
On the other hand, you have absolutely no control if your daughter is dating an asshole.

Either way somebody will be checking out your daughter. It all depend on whether you like your daughter to date someone whom the family has some leverage upon or a random jackass.
Re: Is It Wort Dating Ur Fathers Friend by SALady(f): 8:20am On Nov 01, 2010
@Topic, YES! if you really HATE your father that much.
Re: Is It Wort Dating Ur Fathers Friend by Nobody: 8:34am On Nov 01, 2010
Sure you can and wait until your 17-18 year old daughter fall in-love with your husband's 50-60 year old friend or your son to your same aged friend.
Re: Is It Wort Dating Ur Fathers Friend by DonXavi(m): 10:19am On Nov 01, 2010
Once my friend starts going out with my daughter that would mean he prefer the end of our friendship to his relationship with my daughter. you cannot be going out with my daughter and at the same time expect me to be close to you as usual,
Re: Is It Wort Dating Ur Fathers Friend by juman(m): 12:42pm On Nov 01, 2010
SA Lady:

@Topic, YES! if you really HATE your father that much.
Re: Is It Wort Dating Ur Fathers Friend by amyswet: 7:48pm On Nov 01, 2010
realy i sense danger dating your fathers friend, my friend had this idea an am stuck advising her, so tanks pees for your advice
Re: Is It Wort Dating Ur Fathers Friend by yeye4live(m): 1:05pm On Nov 02, 2010
grpCaptain:

What is wrong about it?

Since Mary mother of Jesus was pregnant at 13 years old, they may one day start claiming that God is a craddle-robber.

@ Poster

so many things are wrong about it

(1) (Reply)

Women Choose Mates By Shoulder Size First, Then Secondly By Something Else / Would You Dump Your Fiancé/Fiancée Because Of A Prenupt? / Her Married Boyfriend Withdrew All Her Money Via ATM

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.