Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,607 members, 7,809,219 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:40 AM

My Heart Felt Message To GRADUATES Teaching In Private Primary/secondary Schoo - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / My Heart Felt Message To GRADUATES Teaching In Private Primary/secondary Schoo (45152 Views)

An Employer Sent The Above Message To His Employees / Most Read: Heart Felt Msg From A Nigerian Nairalander! / My Advice To Graduates: This Is How To WIN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Heart Felt Message To GRADUATES Teaching In Private Primary/secondary Schoo by noble2faith(m): 3:25pm On Jul 28, 2019
Jobac:
If the poster is in Lagos, I would have called him to be taken my sister's daughter a lesson three times a week for 15k. Unfortunately, he didn't mention his location. God will put smile on your face. You will soon sing a new song insha'Allah!

Where is your location in Lagos?

I can teach the following subjects effectively:
1. English Language
2. Literature and
3. Computer Studies

2 Likes

Re: My Heart Felt Message To GRADUATES Teaching In Private Primary/secondary Schoo by adebayo201: 3:25pm On Jul 28, 2019
I also teach. It seems some proprietors (resses) are just pure wicked and full of evil.

I liaise with with one of them immediately after my service year. Immediately she told me she can't afford to pay my worth, I just walk away. She called, begged and send messages. I refused oh. I cannot come and die.

Though I still teach but way fair than the aforementioned. I'm still looking forward to a better option though.

Prayer should not be lacking in our daily activities. Also, register yourself in LinkedIn and indeed. Job opportunities are out there but you've to dig deep. I heard lately that some schools pay 70k as starter and with one's loyalty to the school and commitment, they'll be increasing the salary termly or yearly.

Ps: I am open for job opportunities oh. Please oh.

3 Likes

Re: My Heart Felt Message To GRADUATES Teaching In Private Primary/secondary Schoo by johnkay1(m): 3:26pm On Jul 28, 2019
Hmmm

I've been there before.
I did it for a whole year at secondary school and I was being paid #10,000.

The school is still owing me 2 months salary for the past two years - I've forgotten that.

If you don't have connections and no back up for you to start business, as a graduate you'll suffer more than those that don't have tertiary education. The suffering will be both psychology and physical.

Now this is my look when I hear "teach..." Before you even put "job"

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Heart Felt Message To GRADUATES Teaching In Private Primary/secondary Schoo by EsteemedB(f): 3:26pm On Jul 28, 2019
I thought I was the only one. Was paid paltry money of 12k with plenty insults.School owners sha especially the females hmmm and they will be forming Ministers everywhere and in Church. Was even saying that I should be taking orders from a part time student (undergraduate) imagine.someone am even older than o. She insulted me one day and i told her, the salary can't even take care of my bills if I break down. Na so she prepare letter following week for sack. I just laugh for my mind, I had always wanted to leave there. (She is still owing lesson money and one week work o. I am waiting for first week of October before I call her.I know the money might not be complete.
Will leave the remaining for her.) Good I was able
to get something small doing few days after the sack ish (real estate). Told myself am not doing these trashy schools ish again.
Will rather start working on how to get customers for Real Estate and customers for my growing cake business.
#Graduate not stupid not slave#No to insultive school owners/peanut salary.

7 Likes

Re: My Heart Felt Message To GRADUATES Teaching In Private Primary/secondary Schoo by Nobody: 3:26pm On Jul 28, 2019
pocohantas:
Private school get class.

Just a select few get into the high class private schools. The rest are stuck in those neighbourhood schools that do not even have complete registratiom to run a corporate account...

zico

To worsen it sef, the principal been dey send me to buy him chilled Pepsi. If e no cold well, e go send me back to change a
m.

poco the pepsi girl grin grin. now get me one orobo angry angry. it must have ice on it . or you get a warning letter angry angry
Re: My Heart Felt Message To GRADUATES Teaching In Private Primary/secondary Schoo by noble2faith(m): 3:27pm On Jul 28, 2019
Tumbulum:
that's village peoples work.

This wan pass village people ooo. This wan na confirm cave and ancient pple @ work shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: My Heart Felt Message To GRADUATES Teaching In Private Primary/secondary Schoo by Johnboom: 3:27pm On Jul 28, 2019
Ayo25:
I ran away fŕom teaching job very very long ago. A job that pays nothing but takes everything away from you.

You cannot dress anyhow to school but at the end of several months, you do not earn what is enough to replace your tattered clothes and worn-out shoes.

I may chose to go to my current place of work in bathroom slippers, nobody challenges me. Yet I earn monthly pay of around 6 figures.

Better to do 'alabaru' at Oyingbo than all these nonsense private school teaching jobs
which job is that Ay
Re: My Heart Felt Message To GRADUATES Teaching In Private Primary/secondary Schoo by ffo(m): 3:28pm On Jul 28, 2019
Jobac:
If the poster is in Lagos, I would have called him to be taken my sister's daughter a lesson three times a week for 15k. Unfortunately, he didn't mention his location. God will put smile on your face. You will soon sing a new song insha'Allah!
SirWhiteFish, check this out
Re: My Heart Felt Message To GRADUATES Teaching In Private Primary/secondary Schoo by EngrOgunrinola1(m): 3:30pm On Jul 28, 2019
Just a replica to what happened to me earlier this year before I went back for my HND...
They still owe me some of the lesson fee till this moment...

1 Like

Re: My Heart Felt Message To GRADUATES Teaching In Private Primary/secondary Schoo by musicwriter(m): 3:30pm On Jul 28, 2019
SirWhiteFish:
I looked back at the beginning of this year, precisely 14th January 2019 when I started working at a private primary school. Three weeks later, I was told that I had to be taking two primary five students extra lessons after closing (3pm), and the pay was 1k each. With my monthly salary which was 13,000 added to the "1k" each makes 15 thousand.

You would think I earned 13k for three months abi! No I didn't. The first salary I got was the half of 13k. The woman just called the staff on the 28th of January and gave me 6.5k. I had no idea what was going on and I thought she was going to balance up at the beginning of February just like she said while addressing us but it was a lie. it was at the end of the term, the third month April, that I got to know I am being ripped off. She said she was going to pay 5000 naira at the end of the term as salary because school opened for just 10 days. It was the greatest shock of my life. A graduate, a grown up man like me, taking 5000 naira home!!
I wanted to leave but I couldn't because I wouldn't be paid for the common entrance lesson and I had not gotten any other opportunities elsewhere.

Sometimes in early February, She called me that I would be handling primary 5 Common entrance lessons which is meant to hold every Saturday and at the end of the third term the money will be shared between Me, a staff that partners me and the proprietress. She said the money will be shared 60%(I and another man) to 40%(the proprietress). The formula was very unfair and strange to me. The sharing formula seemed very strange to me and I challenged it but she enforced it.

Fast forward to early this month, precisely 3rd of July, the proprietress started acting strange and insulting all the workers and all that. The following week she sent one of the oldest staff by to inquire what will be the staff reaction if they are not paid at the end if the term. The staff said they won't agree to such and some even threaten various actions. Fast forward to Thursday 25th of July, vacation day. the woman started up a plethora of complaints deliberately she said she was going to pay 4000 as July salary. The same thing she did at the end of second term. At the end she ended up not paying a dime. She didn't pay any of us. Not even the common entrance lesson which made me stay.

I cried and stayed inside throughout Friday. I had a deep thinking, with my academic background! Was it that I didn't know my worth? with all my struggles to be successful academically I am now slaving in one private school for a paltry sum of 15k, money wey I no fit cope with as an undergraduate! Money wey be say no reach my NYSC allawe!
I really feel for graduates going through phases like this. I really feel for graduates teaching at private schools. I pray better days finds you and I soon.

What you have to do is go out in your street and also the neighboring street and look out for households who you can offer your service directly. You can arrange with as many households as possible and teach their children daily. But I guess this won't allow you teach as many people because of time. You can charge N10,000 a month per student. If you get 5, that's N50,000. That's one way.

Do you have a free room? Another way is by convincing those households to have their children attend class in your house at a set time. This way, you'll accommodate more students as you'll basically run a mini school in your room. And as above, you can charge them N10,000 a month per student. If you get 5, that's N50,000.

If you can't do any of the above, you can try blogging your experiences about anything that interest you. Then, add google advert there. Yet, if you can't do this, I can show you an online business that can make you at least $300 a month for a start but because you need money for tools and knowledge of other things to do that, it may not be an option.

5 Likes

Re: My Heart Felt Message To GRADUATES Teaching In Private Primary/secondary Schoo by Pacesetter123(m): 3:32pm On Jul 28, 2019
Majlaw:
Don't tell me its Oasis International High School Ibadan?? Let me tell you about her.
1. She was paying 15k
2. She gave me 3 subjects. (Government for Ss1-3, Civic Education for Jss1-3 and CCA for Jss1-3.
3. Every Friday I must submit my lesson notes. ( just imagine, lesson notes for all d classes).
4. Las Las, I ran. I'm back home now sleeping.
because of dat woman... I made a vow never to teach again.
Tufiakwa I see hell for dat school. Thank God say na my papa house I dey. I no dey pay any house rent.
grin grin

1 Like

Re: My Heart Felt Message To GRADUATES Teaching In Private Primary/secondary Schoo by molybdenum0012: 3:34pm On Jul 28, 2019
Jobac:

Hello bro, you can contact us to book an expert tutor for a home lesson anywhere in Lagos.. kindly check my signature or call 09057350149 for more enquiries.

Thanks
Re: My Heart Felt Message To GRADUATES Teaching In Private Primary/secondary Schoo by noble2faith(m): 3:35pm On Jul 28, 2019
Lol... Am seeing things here.

I worked as English Language and Literature teacher at one private school in Maiduguri after I finished my NYSC. My going to Maiduguri in the first place was to collect my certificate but when I compared the cost of living in Lagos to that of Maiduguri, I decided to stay there. My pay then was N21,000 as a degree holder. Strict laws here and there. Not adhering to the rules and regulation attracts penalty (deduction from your salary). I taught SS1-SS3 students.

I left the place last year December owing to the constant rising of security insurgence. I am now in Lagos.

1 Like

Re: My Heart Felt Message To GRADUATES Teaching In Private Primary/secondary Schoo by AmIYourMate(m): 3:36pm On Jul 28, 2019
I currently teach further maths and maths in a school , though I've not done nysc which is next month but I earn 25k but I support it with extra lessons , at the end of the month I earn at least 45 just find some extra lessons to support yourself or resign immediately. Private school owners are wicked

10 Likes

Re: My Heart Felt Message To GRADUATES Teaching In Private Primary/secondary Schoo by anienge001: 3:36pm On Jul 28, 2019
ayteaz:

I have been through worse I worked with a school where the propietress insults you in front of the student, talks to you any how because of 15k.
The last private school I worked in, I taught English studies jss1-3 and literature ss1-3 for 13k, and December last year we were paid #6500 because we vacated on the 15th.
Private schools are slave drivers, I reject it for my worse enemy
BTW is the school marvelous treasure

Are there no government agencies to monitor or oversee the activities of these private schools?

Stories I hear about private schools these days are horrible?

Do parents know that their children's teachers are treated in this manner? And as such, the children will not be well taken care of academically?

1 Like

Re: My Heart Felt Message To GRADUATES Teaching In Private Primary/secondary Schoo by micflo28(m): 3:37pm On Jul 28, 2019
15000/30days = 500 naira daily. Op if you still stay there your helper will assume you are working and will not look your way to help

9 Likes

Re: My Heart Felt Message To GRADUATES Teaching In Private Primary/secondary Schoo by meme98: 3:38pm On Jul 28, 2019
Jobac:

Baba me sef need dis kine job o. I read Mechanical Engineering, I can teach Physics and Mathematics....... I dey Lagos, Oyingbo precisely... Thanks!
Re: My Heart Felt Message To GRADUATES Teaching In Private Primary/secondary Schoo by 11thGoldTREE: 3:38pm On Jul 28, 2019
rozayx5:
lol
my elder sis came back from richmond university in the Uk to a 5k amonth job in 2002
teaching in a school cheesy cheesy cheesy
this life sha nothing wey i neva see
Tumbulum:
that's village peoples work.

1 Like

Re: My Heart Felt Message To GRADUATES Teaching In Private Primary/secondary Schoo by noble2faith(m): 3:38pm On Jul 28, 2019
Herbephe1:
OP.. hope we were not teaching in the same school? that's the senario I passed through some years back, I endured it for 4years and I am back home still writing the application from one P. school to another...
Planning of venturing in to Yahooism, I can't blame those Yahoo guys again, Nigeria is a hell country to be... ��

Brother, please don't do that.

Read Psalm 37.

1 Like

Re: My Heart Felt Message To GRADUATES Teaching In Private Primary/secondary Schoo by tee83: 3:39pm On Jul 28, 2019
We are hiring for an upcoming hotel in Abuja and are looking for suitable candidates with competences in the following areas:

Front Office
Housekeeping
Laundry
Kitchen
Restaurant
Maintenance (Must have a background in plumbing, electrical, generators and general maintenance)

All applicants must write an application letter in their own handwriting, scan and attach the application along with their CV to:

jobvacanciesforahotel@gmail.com

SirWhiteFish:
I looked back at the beginning of this year, precisely 14th January 2019 when I started working at a private primary school. Three weeks later, I was told that I had to be taking two primary five students extra lessons after closing (3pm), and the pay was 1k each. With my monthly salary which was 13,000 added to the "1k" each makes 15 thousand.

You would think I earned 13k for three months abi! No I didn't. The first salary I got was the half of 13k. The woman just called the staff on the 28th of January and gave me 6.5k. I had no idea what was going on and I thought she was going to balance up at the beginning of February just like she said while addressing us but it was a lie. it was at the end of the term, the third month April, that I got to know I am being ripped off. She said she was going to pay 5000 naira at the end of the term as salary because school opened for just 10 days. It was the greatest shock of my life. A graduate, a grown up man like me, taking 5000 naira home!!
I wanted to leave but I couldn't because I wouldn't be paid for the common entrance lesson and I had not gotten any other opportunities elsewhere.

Sometimes in early February, She called me that I would be handling primary 5 Common entrance lessons which is meant to hold every Saturday and at the end of the third term the money will be shared between Me, a staff that partners me and the proprietress. She said the money will be shared 60%(I and another man) to 40%(the proprietress). The formula was very unfair and strange to me. The sharing formula seemed very strange to me and I challenged it but she enforced it.

Fast forward to early this month, precisely 3rd of July, the proprietress started acting strange and insulting all the workers and all that. The following week she sent one of the oldest staff by to inquire what will be the staff reaction if they are not paid at the end if the term. The staff said they won't agree to such and some even threaten various actions. Fast forward to Thursday 25th of July, vacation day. the woman started up a plethora of complaints deliberately she said she was going to pay 4000 as July salary. The same thing she did at the end of second term. At the end she ended up not paying a dime. She didn't pay any of us. Not even the common entrance lesson which made me stay.

I cried and stayed inside throughout Friday. I had a deep thinking, with my academic background! Was it that I didn't know my worth? with all my struggles to be successful academically I am now slaving in one private school for a paltry sum of 15k, money wey I no fit cope with as an undergraduate! Money wey be say no reach my NYSC allawe!
I really feel for graduates going through phases like this. I really feel for graduates teaching at private schools. I pray better days finds you and I soon.

4 Likes

Re: My Heart Felt Message To GRADUATES Teaching In Private Primary/secondary Schoo by Pacesetter123(m): 3:40pm On Jul 28, 2019
pocohantas:

Just a select few get into the high class private schools. The rest are stuck in those neighbourhood schools that do not even have complete registratiom to run a corporate account...

I taught in one way back. It is usually the first resort for the average job-seeking graduate. I remember the pay was a little about 10k. They handed me a staffbook. It contained so many DON'Ts and each attracted a fine. Somehow, 95% of the DONTs looked like what you must DO (inadvertently).

To worsen it sef, the principal been dey send me to buy him chilled Pepsi. If e no cold well, e go send me back to change am.

Abeg, I pray for every Nigerian graduate looking for a job or source of livelihood. One day e go better.
kikikikikikikiiiii!!! You n de oda guy dat says he is in his Papa house,no rentage.U can crack somebody's ribs with laff.So funny

1 Like

Re: My Heart Felt Message To GRADUATES Teaching In Private Primary/secondary Schoo by doyinbaby(f): 3:42pm On Jul 28, 2019
Before I put my children in any private school ... I will find out how much teeachers are paid there. .. because a wretched teacher will not impart knowledge on my children effectively

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Heart Felt Message To GRADUATES Teaching In Private Primary/secondary Schoo by noble2faith(m): 3:44pm On Jul 28, 2019

Re: My Heart Felt Message To GRADUATES Teaching In Private Primary/secondary Schoo by Aystarz: 3:45pm On Jul 28, 2019
Mekanus:
Private school teaching is a waste of time. I did it once, no be person tell me to run for my dear life.

As we speak, tonnes of other graduates are up on that NL 'Strictly for teachers Bullshit thread' . They never learn!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Heart Felt Message To GRADUATES Teaching In Private Primary/secondary Schoo by Aderr: 3:46pm On Jul 28, 2019
SirWhiteFish:

This your experience is painful. First of all, which state is that? If it is Lagos...... hmmm! Secondly, a lot of graduates in Nigeria sell themselves short! How can someone pay 13000 naira for teaching pupils in today's world that are so hard to teach? You should have rejected the salary at the initial stage. There are schools out there that could have paid you higher.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Heart Felt Message To GRADUATES Teaching In Private Primary/secondary Schoo by madbuk: 3:46pm On Jul 28, 2019
SirWhiteFish:

Bros, I feel your pain..
It's like after graduating from the university, there is nothing to look forward to, all the excitement fades away. I worked for a private I.T firm during my service n after, it was hellish, me that doesn't play with career growth, I was decieved with training n all, one training I didn't see. This man keeps deducting salaries for flimsy reasons, oya confirm me as staff I was already 3 months due mbanu.. they started sending me to Kano for jobs, no incentives attached to it.
Our society is so bad that employers get away with anything. You need to see this company's staff welcome book, Bros na types of punishment n fine full inside.
End of the month, staff will open punishment book to see the cost attached to it, so you can counter management when they deduct your pay by month end..
Seriously, if I have my way I'll leave Nigeria to somewhere I can grow, everything I've learnt I taught myself. Nobody wants to mentor anyone because of fear of being better than them, very backwards thinking.

2 Likes

Re: My Heart Felt Message To GRADUATES Teaching In Private Primary/secondary Schoo by Decsix(m): 3:47pm On Jul 28, 2019
Jobac:
baba I beg I am interested ooooh, I stay in mushin axis oshodi. I have sent a mail to you already
Re: My Heart Felt Message To GRADUATES Teaching In Private Primary/secondary Schoo by babakb: 3:49pm On Jul 28, 2019
I really like to keep this as my little secret but i will share it so that you can be inspired, i will be as brief as possible.

I'm 35 now, I passed out from NYSC 10 years ago, even then i heard how Private School Teachers were maltreated by their employers and i knew outrightly that i could never bear that.

How could i have when the only thing i had free throughout my life was Accommodation and Tuition fees, i had to trek and do manual labour to feed and cloth properly and meet other needs until i obtained HND Upper Credit from Kaduna Polytechnic.

Graduates see Private School Teaching jobs as a quick one to avoid idleness but it comes along with unbearable frustration and despair, because of this i vowed never to work as a Private School Teacher or take any job from a dishonest employer after graduation, like i said earlier i couldn't have because i would have starved to death because of my condition.

After NYSC i worked as a Site Labourer for almost 2 years, yes, i carried blocks, bags of cements, sand, gravels, mixed cement and sand, mixed concrete with my bare hands under the scotching sun, carried head pans on my head and pushed wheel barrows, trekked daily average of 7 KMs, some people said i was embarrassing my status as a Graduate but i didn't care, at least i was getting my daily pay and could eat and cloth myself, i kept my hustle on and kept praying to Allah to see me through as i only applied for jobs that i know won't default in paying salaries.

In November 2010 i secured contract staff job with First Bank, i accepted it because i knew banks don't default in paying salaries, i worked there for over 5 years and my average salary throughout was 70K, I worked like a robot there until all my line managers liked me, one of them leveraged his network on my behalf and i secured referral for a job in Multinational Company.

I am in my third year now in the MNC and my average salary so far is 300k, i have suffered and paid my dues but it's all history now, Allah has blessed me and even now i have better opportunities ahead.

In conclusion, i am not saying we must all become site labourers to make it but as a young graduate you need your motivation and vision so that you can focus your hustle and job hunting, don't get stuck where you will feel imprisoned, like someone suggested above, you can learn web design or app development etc.

For the OP, if you have free and guaranteed accommodation and feeding please just resign as you are reading this so that you won't waste precious time, go and learn a professional skill so that you can even be self employed before you hammer that dream job, besides Private School Teaching experience has little or no impact on your CV.
The useless proprietress is just scamming you, she is there building more unit of classes to her school while they leave you in hunger, leave now and learn a skill.

Young graduates should realize that Nigeria skilled workers leaving for Canada would need to be replaced, wise up.

38 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Heart Felt Message To GRADUATES Teaching In Private Primary/secondary Schoo by ayteaz(f): 3:49pm On Jul 28, 2019
anienge001:

Are there no government agencies to monitor or oversee the activities of these private schools?

Stories I hear about private schools these days are horrible?

Do parents know that their children's teachers are treated in this manner? And as such, the children will not be well taken care of academically?
The government is only concerned about the tax the school will pay, they are not involved/ interested in their welfare, The real issue is the problem of mushroom schools, someone can just convert his house into a school and employ teachers, how can such schools pay above minimum wage.
The parents have no say over the issue, what can a parent who pays #7500 per term in a school say over the such, the highest paying schools tax the parents well and they pay the teachers reasonably well
Re: My Heart Felt Message To GRADUATES Teaching In Private Primary/secondary Schoo by yusufdayo1: 3:51pm On Jul 28, 2019
I also experienced that after my NYSC program. I was taking chemistry and biology (ss1-ss3) and basic tech (jss1- jss3). My teaching start from 8am- 2pm every day with a meagre 10k per month. The proprietor constructed the time table in such a way that you must have a class to take( which means no rest). I later learnt that he owed some of his teachers and most of them had left. After my first month I refused to resume the following month and the idiot don't want to pay me....to cut the long story short, my march salary was paid in July with fight ni oo.....

The school is in Ibadan. Joyous Guide school at Agbowo express

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Heart Felt Message To GRADUATES Teaching In Private Primary/secondary Schoo by chuka5000(m): 3:52pm On Jul 28, 2019
pocohantas:

I taught in one way back. It is usually the first resort for the average job-seeking graduate. I remember the pay was a little about 10k. They handed me a staffbook. It contained so many DON'Ts and each attracted a fine. Somehow, 95% of the DONTs looked like what you must DO (inadvertently).

To worsen it sef, the principal been dey send me to buy him chilled Pepsi. If e no cold well, e go send me back to change am.

Abeg, I pray for every Nigerian graduate looking for a job or source of livelihood. One day e go better.

I know two big schools in abuja that did exactly what op wrote, so its not about the class but about the owner being a wicked person
Re: My Heart Felt Message To GRADUATES Teaching In Private Primary/secondary Schoo by Rubbiish(m): 3:53pm On Jul 28, 2019
EngrOgunrinola1:
Just a replica to what happened to me earlier this year before I went back for my HND...
They still owe me some of the lesson fee till this moment...
While on ur HND, find any skill u find interest in and start learning with all sense of seriousness. Your HND will not change anything, unless someone already promised u a job based on it.

4 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Does This Happen In Your Place Of Work Too? / ‘I Was 18 When I Started Driving A Truck’ – Female Driver (photo) / Reasons Why I Don't Tell People My Salary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.