Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,230 members, 7,815,297 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:26 AM

Is It Okay For My Mum To Send Money And Food To My Married Sister ?? - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Okay For My Mum To Send Money And Food To My Married Sister ?? (37402 Views)

As A Lady You Can’t Be In Your Married Sister House And Not Wearing A Bra / My Married Sister Wants to be a liability to us / Man Who Married Sister In Anambra Undergoes Spiritual Cleansing With 7 Virgins (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Okay For My Mum To Send Money And Food To My Married Sister ?? by BumbleDevil: 5:28pm On Jul 29, 2019
Techfave:

My sister is my business sir

I beg to differ Sir. Your sister is no longer your business the moment you decided to bring her personal issue to social media.

If you truly care about her, you should be more concerned about helping her instead of giving her public disgrace.

I guess you are happy now that the whole world knows that your mother feeds your sister in her matrimonial home.

1 Like

Re: Is It Okay For My Mum To Send Money And Food To My Married Sister ?? by Neocotez(m): 5:30pm On Jul 29, 2019
Techfave:
Hello guys, please I need enlightenment on this

My sister got married Last Year, she was pregnant already when she married, the man she married is over 40 years old, my sister got her husband through a religion organization, when the leader of the organization insisted that she must marry that man..

Now my concerns about is that this man she got married too is not financially okay, My mum always send money to my sister..

When my sister was about to give birth my mum finance nearly all the hospital Bill, the funniest thing is that my mum also borrowed the money somewhere..

My question is that,

Is is okay for my mum to send money to my sister after she is married??

Is it okay for the leader of a religion organization to dictate to my sister to marry this man??

Please I need enlightenment on this issues

Oga your sister is your mothers child too abi? Would you write this here if you were jobless and your mother assisted you?

6 Likes

Re: Is It Okay For My Mum To Send Money And Food To My Married Sister ?? by BumbleDevil: 5:31pm On Jul 29, 2019
How many millions have you made in your youthful days

pocohantas:
Sebi una say it isn't about money, but love.
Your sister has been misled by one religious leader into marrying a broke man. I don't know why they never connect someone to the rich ones.

How can I marry a poor ancestor? What did he spend his youth doing, if he didn't make good money?

Your sister should better go look for a job and fend for herself. Maybe her husband too grin

Nonsense and alfah males.

4 Likes

Re: Is It Okay For My Mum To Send Money And Food To My Married Sister ?? by laudate: 5:38pm On Jul 29, 2019
saintneo:
Everything is wrong in that marriage.

A religious organisation that insists on pushing people to get married is a match-making organisation.

A woman or man should be able to make their choices with guidance from Holy Spirit not a man.

Another thing is that a man should be able to provide basic amenities for his proposed family, not extravagantly - food, shelter, etc. Worst case scenario, the husband and wife should combine and fund these.

When God is truly in a marriage, provision is never a problem. In-laws are not expected to have any financial input into a marriage.

My wife rejects her mothers food.

Your wife is doing yanga. I wish her luck. sad
She has failed to realise that her mum is not offering her food, because her mum thinks she is broke, but because her mum is simply expressing motherly love to her daughter. undecided

A day will come when her mum will no longer be on this side of eternity to pamper her. My grandmother used to do the same, and I used to reject it. Until an elderly neighbour opened my eyes to see that it was wrong. wink

Then I started collecting the food, but made sure to give my grandma adequate cash in return, anytime I visited her. After she died, I used to miss her, wishing she could just wake up and cook her delicious meals again, for me.... cry

4 Likes

Re: Is It Okay For My Mum To Send Money And Food To My Married Sister ?? by Ybaby: 5:44pm On Jul 29, 2019
Lexusgs430:

Still happily a male.... Not considering a sex swap anytime soon....... grin

Hope!!!!
Re: Is It Okay For My Mum To Send Money And Food To My Married Sister ?? by Hardemic(m): 6:08pm On Jul 29, 2019
I don't see anything bad in that
Re: Is It Okay For My Mum To Send Money And Food To My Married Sister ?? by Ifyclaire: 7:51pm On Jul 29, 2019
That your sister's husband is not financially ok today does not mean that he will not be ok tomorrow. So that one is not an issue.

What you will be more concerned about is your sister's happiness in that marriage. Is she living in peace with her husband?

And I must say that there is nothing wrong with a mother sending money and food stuff to her daughter. Would she rather die of hunger? Nobody knows tomorrow. Beware.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Okay For My Mum To Send Money And Food To My Married Sister ?? by obinnawhyte(m): 7:55pm On Jul 29, 2019
saintneo:

My wife has her reasons. Secondly, when I went to marry her, there were side-talks about me not being rich - that their daughter brought a poor boy to marry her. So my wife didn't want more stories of her people feeding us.

NB: I wasn't poor, I lived a 1BD then and I could at least feed my family from my monthly package.
Still you didn't answer my question, that she has her reason for rejecting food from her mum does that make another accepting the food from her mum while in marriage wrong also considering the fact that you said your wife have her reason?

1 Like

Re: Is It Okay For My Mum To Send Money And Food To My Married Sister ?? by bami8080(m): 8:18pm On Jul 29, 2019
any man who cannot provide for his family is worst than an infidel
Re: Is It Okay For My Mum To Send Money And Food To My Married Sister ?? by romenna: 8:22pm On Jul 29, 2019
wahles:
I personally don’t think you have the right to speak for your sister or seek opinion for her about her choice. Mind your business

If your sister isn’t working yet, channel this enquiry towards helping her find a job, so she could be independent.
sharap.
If d sis dey suffer dis same guy will def assist even wen it's not convenient for him.
He loves her n wants d best for her dats wat motivated him to open dis thread.
I'm in d same situation wit my elder sis now.
She married a widower who's broke n jobless due to no fault of his.
If my sis get head ache na me dem dey call n I can't refuse to help cos I love her so much but I'm not happy she is living in so much lack.
Re: Is It Okay For My Mum To Send Money And Food To My Married Sister ?? by Useku(m): 8:55pm On Jul 29, 2019
Does the guy work
Did your family approve of the union
is the guy responsible
Has he always been like that?

Truth is shits happen but if the guy hasn't been a lay about all the while I don't think assisting him is out of place.

We did for a sister and today everyone is cashing out big time.

To be man no easy, it's part of the journey ,you would understand some day

Give the guy all th support you can afford if he's legit

All will be well las las
Re: Is It Okay For My Mum To Send Money And Food To My Married Sister ?? by Useku(m): 8:56pm On Jul 29, 2019
Does the guy work
Did your family approve of the union
is the guy responsible
Has he always been like that?

Truth is shits happen but if the guy hasn't been a lay about all the while I don't think assisting him is out of place.

We did for a sister and today everyone is cashing out big time.

To be man no easy, it's part of the journey ,you would understand some day

Give the guy all the support you can afford if he's legit

All will be well las las
Re: Is It Okay For My Mum To Send Money And Food To My Married Sister ?? by salt1: 9:17pm On Jul 29, 2019
Parents of adult children are passing through this experience.
What this thread and the responses show is that it's not an isolated case and many have happy endings.
Re: Is It Okay For My Mum To Send Money And Food To My Married Sister ?? by Mizwisdom(f): 9:31pm On Jul 29, 2019
Techfave:

My sister got married Last Year, she was pregnant already when she married, the man she married is over 40 years old, my sister got her husband through a religion organization, when the leader of the organization insisted that she must marry that man..

Now my concerns about is that this man she got married too is not financially okay, My mum always send money to my sister..

When my sister was about to give birth my mum finance nearly all the hospital Bill, the funniest thing is that my mum also borrowed the money somewhere..

My question is that,

Is it okay for the leader of a religion organization to dictate to my sister to marry this man??

Yes, it's OK or do you want your sister to starve to death? grin does your mum not send things to your wife too or you think because you're male, you're the only one entitled to your mum's benevolence?

1 Like

Re: Is It Okay For My Mum To Send Money And Food To My Married Sister ?? by Ryan03(f): 9:58pm On Jul 29, 2019
pocohantas:
Sebi una say it isn't about money, but love.
Your sister has been misled by one religious leader into marrying a broke man. I don't know why they never connect someone to the rich ones.

How can I marry a poor ancestor? What did he spend his youth doing, if he didn't make good money?

Your sister should better go look for a job and fend for herself. Maybe her husband too grin

Nonsense and alfah males.
let them keep on shouting love love, he go over them
Re: Is It Okay For My Mum To Send Money And Food To My Married Sister ?? by Ekugbeh(m): 10:12pm On Jul 29, 2019
martowskin1:
EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS ISSUE IS WRONG.....

THE MARRIAGE IT SELF IS WRONG, SO EXPECT EVERYTHING THAT FOLLOWS TO BE SAME WAY
jus read it again. U wuld find out that the op is here to spite his sister. May be they ve a beef or something but on the religious leader fostering the man on the lady is a big lie from what I see on the ops write up. He's being economical with the truth.

1 Like

Re: Is It Okay For My Mum To Send Money And Food To My Married Sister ?? by Nobody: 10:14pm On Jul 29, 2019
Una never hear say Mama food no dey Sawa

1 Like

Re: Is It Okay For My Mum To Send Money And Food To My Married Sister ?? by luluosas(m): 11:44pm On Jul 29, 2019
This is my take.

Your sister got it all wrong to have chosen her would-be husband by the dictates of a yeye religious leader somewhere, as marriage is not matchmaking. Again, your sister made the gravest mistake by involving in fornication before marriage, which is the biggest reason she married the man as she became pregnant in the process.

However, despite the mistakes made by your sister by not being a virtuous woman before marriage, do you want your mother to lose her daughter to death because the man she married is not well to do? I really don't think any responsible mother would do that, and she can really go any length to rescue her daughter if the need arises even to the point of borrowing. Okay.

Now, this is my candid advice to you.
Since it has become a thing of concern to you seeing your mother spending a lot for her married daughter, please kindly help your sister's husband to get a good job which will be adequate enough to cater for his family. At least, this will somehow put an end to your mother spending for her married daughter. Alright.

Therefore, if you see any wisdom in my submission, please do kindly use it, but if none, kindly discard this comment.

God bless you.

~ LUGARD

Techfave:

My question is that,

Re: Is It Okay For My Mum To Send Money And Food To My Married Sister ?? by Omudia11: 7:11am On Jul 30, 2019
There is no pastor anywhere who insists that a person must marry another. A pastor can only advice you to do so, not insist and try to impose it on anyone especially when that person is not a child.
stephenponti:

obviously she was impregnated as pastor insisted they must marry themselves
Re: Is It Okay For My Mum To Send Money And Food To My Married Sister ?? by Omudia11: 7:14am On Jul 30, 2019
Hahahah, my friend even told how her own younger sister used to go her pastor's house and help with their laundry and other house chores.

I just didn't know some pastors have reached a new level as to impose marriage on someone.
pocohantas:

You don't know what goes on in some of these "churches". My friend was complaining how her younger sister brought one old man home. First question I asked was if her sister attends that kind church, she said yes. I know say na them. The kind brain-washing they give them there ehn, it is on another level.
Re: Is It Okay For My Mum To Send Money And Food To My Married Sister ?? by Graduateacher(f): 8:47am On Jul 30, 2019
laudate:

Your wife is doing yanga. I wish her luck. sad
She has failed to realise that her mum is not offering her food, because her mum thinks she is broke, but because her mum is simply expressing motherly love to her daughter. undecided

A day will come when her mum will no longer be on this side of eternity to pamper her
My grandmother used to do the same, and I used to reject it. Until an elderly neighbour opened my eyes to see that it was wrong. wink

Then I started collecting the food, but made sure to give my grandma adequate cash in return, anytime I visited her. After she died, I used to miss her, wishing she could just wake up and cook her delicious meals again, for me.... cry

This is a reality of life many people don't think of. When I read that his wife doesn't accept her mother's food, I shook my head

As for the OP, you're jealous of your sister? do you want her to suffer? I'm convinced you're a household enemy

1 Like

Re: Is It Okay For My Mum To Send Money And Food To My Married Sister ?? by astOorR(m): 10:57am On Jul 30, 2019
Techfave:

My sister is my business sir

You just simply made it our business too.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Naomi Efan-Okon Is Cussons Baby Of The Year Season Wins, ₦2 Million, Gifts / Guy Pranks His Mother Over Pregnancy And This Happened (Photos) / How Many Of You Did This?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.