Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,784 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:52 PM

Is It Okay For My Mum To Send Money And Food To My Married Sister ?? - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Okay For My Mum To Send Money And Food To My Married Sister ?? (37386 Views)

As A Lady You Can’t Be In Your Married Sister House And Not Wearing A Bra / My Married Sister Wants to be a liability to us / Man Who Married Sister In Anambra Undergoes Spiritual Cleansing With 7 Virgins (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Okay For My Mum To Send Money And Food To My Married Sister ?? by Babaheekmat: 2:09pm On Jul 29, 2019
Techfave:
Hello guys, please I need enlightenment on this

My sister got married Last Year, she was pregnant already when she married, the man she married is over 40 years old, my sister got her husband through a religion organization, when the leader of the organization insisted that she must marry that man..

Now my concerns about is that this man she got married too is not financially okay, My mum always send money to my sister..

When my sister was about to give birth my mum finance nearly all the hospital Bill, the funniest thing is that my mum also borrowed the money somewhere..

My question is that,

Is is okay for my mum to send money to my sister after she is married??

Is it okay for the leader of a religion organization to dictate to my sister to marry this man??

Please I need enlightenment on this issues

Wait till you get married.. and see how easy it is..

1 Like

Re: Is It Okay For My Mum To Send Money And Food To My Married Sister ?? by chinedumoooo: 2:10pm On Jul 29, 2019
For your first question: there is nothing wrong for your mother or you or your brothers to assist your sister both financially or materially because she still remain your sister despite her husband predicament.
You are seeking advices on behalf of your dear sister.
You second question:if the spiritual leader is honestly spiritual,I think he/she can approve a Devine marriage .
Your sister maybe a sort of help to the man item of age and financial deficiency of the man.

1 Like

Re: Is It Okay For My Mum To Send Money And Food To My Married Sister ?? by NosaHenry(m): 2:12pm On Jul 29, 2019
Your sister met her husband through religious organisation, yet she got pregnant before marriage. The time she would have used to know the man she used for bedmantism. Anyway, is it not bad for your mother to help out if she can and you too can do as well if you have the means. No condition is permanent.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Okay For My Mum To Send Money And Food To My Married Sister ?? by tintingz(m): 2:13pm On Jul 29, 2019
There's no problem for mother to send money to their married children but there's problem when some religious organization dictate who to marry.

4 Likes

Re: Is It Okay For My Mum To Send Money And Food To My Married Sister ?? by loswhite(m): 2:16pm On Jul 29, 2019
Techfave:

My sister is my business sir
if she is your business then join the contribution to help her deliver her baby...lol. Anything can make a man be less financially ok. You can experience same too so stop complaining and help your sister get a job

1 Like

Re: Is It Okay For My Mum To Send Money And Food To My Married Sister ?? by bola4dprec(m): 2:16pm On Jul 29, 2019
Techfave:

My sister got married Last Year, she was pregnant already when she married, the man she married is over 40 years old, my sister got her husband through a religion organization, when the leader of the organization insisted that she must marry that man..

Now my concerns about is that this man she got married too is not financially okay, My mum always send money to my sister..

When my sister was about to give birth my mum finance nearly all the hospital Bill, the funniest thing is that my mum also borrowed the money somewhere..

My question is that,

Is it okay for the leader of a religion organization to dictate to my sister to marry this man??

very okay
Re: Is It Okay For My Mum To Send Money And Food To My Married Sister ?? by tmexploit: 2:28pm On Jul 29, 2019
It's obvious you hate your sister's husband but what is your sister doing with a forty year old man, didn't your sister know he is not financially ok before getting pregnant for him? I am sure they both had mutual understanding before getting down together that led to the pregnancy. And pls don't discourage your mum from performing her parental duty on her daughter and stop being bitter if you can't help and pls no condition is permanent. I pray almighty God will intervene in their matter soon.

1 Like

Re: Is It Okay For My Mum To Send Money And Food To My Married Sister ?? by ElsonMorali: 2:38pm On Jul 29, 2019
If we tell you that it's not OK, what will you do?

2 Likes

Re: Is It Okay For My Mum To Send Money And Food To My Married Sister ?? by ikorodureporta: 2:40pm On Jul 29, 2019
There's nothing wrong in helping the poor. They are even part of the family.
If they're struggling today doesn't mean they wl struggle forever. Anybody can be in need @ any point in life.
The issue here is for them not to have more kids until things are in place
Re: Is It Okay For My Mum To Send Money And Food To My Married Sister ?? by Quaddafi29: 2:47pm On Jul 29, 2019
I wish you told us what the man does for a living. If he had something like a job and now has lost it or his business has gone down, I will advice that his situation be put him in prayers and any connection to link him back to a job should be done by you or any relatives. He can become somebody morrow so we shouldn't judge nor discourage him today because of his condition. If on the other, he is a weasel and a lousy man who is solely depending on your sister for a living, that should be discouraged somehow. Also, your sister needs something doing too, the African concept of leaving everything for the man is no more popular. Depending on the actual situation on ground, your mom helping out is not bad but I shouldn't be taken for granted. Thank you.
Re: Is It Okay For My Mum To Send Money And Food To My Married Sister ?? by GIFTD: 2:49pm On Jul 29, 2019
In as much as it was not right for anybody to dictate who u should marry ur poke nosing into ur mother's gift to her daughter is wrong and it's called busybody. Don't block ur sister's happiness. A word they say is enough for the wise. She has right to give her money to her daughter.thanks.
Techfave:

My question is that,

Re: Is It Okay For My Mum To Send Money And Food To My Married Sister ?? by ejemamaka: 2:56pm On Jul 29, 2019
Re: Is It Okay For My Mum To Send Money And Food To My Married Sister ?? by Hsurdbespoke: 3:17pm On Jul 29, 2019
MY ADVICE TO YOU (the love she has for her sister future makes her to ask)
To everywoman that stands with a poor man is a legend...... No one knows tomorrow morning....... The man @40 poor and caring is a better father than rich wifebeater, business dad...... I pray God shower his blessing on him
Re: Is It Okay For My Mum To Send Money And Food To My Married Sister ?? by Pat081: 3:19pm On Jul 29, 2019
Techfave:

My question is that,

sorry about that and pray that ur mom should always be there for her and that is why I don't like going to all those places they will be telling you what God did not send them to say and bros keep on pray for her sister and that her husband that God should help them so they too will be able to give to people
Re: Is It Okay For My Mum To Send Money And Food To My Married Sister ?? by adanny01(m): 3:27pm On Jul 29, 2019
Techfave:

My question is that,

In Christianity, one is regarded an infidel if one can afford to help his/her immediately family or even extended family but does not.

To notice a struggling family and put a chip in their hands is not bad and can never be a wrong thing to do.

I am married and my younger sister is married too. My mum buy wrappers and cloths for my wife and children and have done far more for my sister. She paid their house rent for a couple of years and actually sponsored my sister for Masters.

Not that they were doing terribly but she sets a higher standard and would chip in. Say planning for a wedding, she will instead of tell my wife to wear Hollandais wrapper to appear her best, mum will buy a Super wax and both visit the same tailor. Its always my mum's idea, why not do this and we say, cant afford it and she says just buy the form.

In all, I am happy that my sister gets to finish her masters and would have done the same for her if i can afford it. It is just looking after family. We look after even friends and acquaintances.

I hope you dont mean your mum should not support your sister?
Re: Is It Okay For My Mum To Send Money And Food To My Married Sister ?? by Mariangeles(f): 3:34pm On Jul 29, 2019
Techfave:

My question is that,

Is it okay that you brought your family's matter to be discussed on a public forum ? undecided
Is it bad if a mother chooses to help her daughter in need ?
How does it make you feel as you've exposed your sister to all manner of insults ?
Is it safe to say that you can never help your sister in need just because she's married, how much less a neighbour or a stranger ?
With brothers like you , who needs enemies ? undecided

4 Likes

Re: Is It Okay For My Mum To Send Money And Food To My Married Sister ?? by mbz101(m): 3:44pm On Jul 29, 2019
pocohantas:
Sebi una say it isn't about money, but love.
Your sister has been misled by one religious leader into marrying a broke man. I don't know why they never connect someone to the rich ones.

How can I marry a poor ancestor? What did he spend his youth doing, if he didn't make good money?

Your sister should better go look for a job and fend for herself. Maybe her husband too grin

Nonsense and alfah males.

You have to work hard and pray your labour does not disappear before you at 40th in this country. Than you will understand season film. And you keep mocking your sister don’t ask for solution to solve their problem.

We have seen on this earth where the mighty fall and the weak wax strong. Let the universe connect us to our source of wealth.

4 Likes

Re: Is It Okay For My Mum To Send Money And Food To My Married Sister ?? by iamfromlagos(f): 3:46pm On Jul 29, 2019
Kneephy:
Tomorrow geh belle....

Nobody sabi wetin e go born ooo...

You are asking If it is OK for ur MUMMY to send FOOD and MONEY to her DAUGHTER who happens to be ur ELDER SISTER .....

No ooo it's not OK at all, let her leave her dere and let her suffer sogbo....

Wait are you here to mock your sister or what??
Cos if not for HYPOCRISY, why should you bring it here in the first place.....

You are letting us know that your sister is a fool who can't decide what she wants with her life, and she's your sister, not mine.... So I would treat your sister just the way I see u treat her
Imagine the "dindinrin" question she's asking.
Some people will just bring any and everything to social media.
Privacy has a new meaning in this social media age sef.
Re: Is It Okay For My Mum To Send Money And Food To My Married Sister ?? by Nobody: 3:46pm On Jul 29, 2019
Mind your own business as i dy mind my own jeje.... your sis is ur sis nd ur mom has every right to send money to her...
so that means if God bless u today, you go forget abt ur sis bdat bcus she marry 40yrs old man. nawa o...

if say she married one rich niga now, na so so picture for full here by now... abegi pass joor.... NEXT.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Okay For My Mum To Send Money And Food To My Married Sister ?? by DarlingEmojist(m): 3:48pm On Jul 29, 2019
Why not!!?
Re: Is It Okay For My Mum To Send Money And Food To My Married Sister ?? by Amumaigwe: 3:51pm On Jul 29, 2019
thorpido:
These are questions to ask before this present situation.
The deed is done already.
The question should have been,'Should my sister marry a man she really doesn't know because a religious leader is asking her to?'
Well na your sister mumu herself(no offense intended).

As it is now,your mom does not want her daughter to suffer so she has to still give assistance.

And it is likely to continue this way because the incentive to work has been removed.
Re: Is It Okay For My Mum To Send Money And Food To My Married Sister ?? by mbz101(m): 3:51pm On Jul 29, 2019
LoveThemChubby:
Your mum is right, trust me. It might look like the worse thing to do but in the end it will be the memories that will make both she and her husband feel loved and part of the family.
Many many years ago, my sister got married against my parents wish and things later nosedived for them but still my mum bailed them out from time to time. Today the man is strong on his feet and doing excellently well plus he regards us as family and the bond is very strong.
If your mom abandons her today to her fate, the feeling of betrayer will be great and the family might never be able to recover from the consequences of such neglect.

Wisdow

1 Like

Re: Is It Okay For My Mum To Send Money And Food To My Married Sister ?? by frozen70(f): 3:52pm On Jul 29, 2019
Techfave:

My question is that,

You did not state the age of your sister as you did for her husband

Your sister is not a kid to be dectated on who to marry

Hence the both of them are working, they should manage themselves

Is time she stop at birth 2/3 because mom won't be there for her alone

As for your mother, she is just being sympathetic and she might ruin her financial strength in them and on one will assist her

She should focus on thowr children or else the rest of you might gang up against your sister

You too work hard as a man to avoid issues like this

What parents wants is marriage, they don't care if there will be food or not

And for your information, tell your sister to buckle up over those kids because I don't see that man standing the challenges of school fees

In somany homes, the married women ante single parents while living with the man

Tomorrow, if the woman messes up one stupid tradition will be used against her
Re: Is It Okay For My Mum To Send Money And Food To My Married Sister ?? by Funkybabee(f): 3:52pm On Jul 29, 2019
it's bad jare and the most funniest part is that he may not know that when he is rich. marriage is not ny force, if ur sister regretted married to him, she can find elsewhere to live until the man is financial capable. At the age of 40, he can't even feed a wife, I saw the reason why he married late.. hmmm I just pity some people..

lazy mate of him will always supporting him on here
Re: Is It Okay For My Mum To Send Money And Food To My Married Sister ?? by Halo22: 3:56pm On Jul 29, 2019
The fact that she has found herself in the present condition means she needs help, but I must suggest that the best ur mum can do is to establish them financially and business wise if she can. Giving them money and items all the time could result into grudges. However, I commend ur mum's good heart cos not every mother-in-law can extend such generosity to their son-in-laws.

1 Like

Re: Is It Okay For My Mum To Send Money And Food To My Married Sister ?? by Mypeople2(m): 3:57pm On Jul 29, 2019
Techfave:

My question is that,

My dear, your sister consented to the marriage and don't say the religious organization made her to marry your sister. Also, your mum giving to your sister,even when she is married is a normal thing .It happens. This life is pregnant, you don't know what it will deliver tomorrow .Some marriages are like that. I have seen it several times in my family. So support your mum. She has a good heart. Please embrace your mum on my behalf, she is a great mother in law

2 Likes

Re: Is It Okay For My Mum To Send Money And Food To My Married Sister ?? by 1forall: 4:01pm On Jul 29, 2019
Your question shows that you don't have the will to help your sister, or you have something against her.

Otherwise, you won't be bothered that someone else (her Mum oh!) is helping her in a time of need.

Seems there's a silent, selfish or evil part of you discreetly glad to watch your sister suffer.

Repent!

2 Likes

Re: Is It Okay For My Mum To Send Money And Food To My Married Sister ?? by Noblefirstlady: 4:14pm On Jul 29, 2019
I think you are angry and jealous that your mum is helping her. She is your sister for God sake, if you have money you can help her sef. God will not forgive you if you dare stop your mom from helping her.

And yes it is OK for a mother to help her child if he or she is in need.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Okay For My Mum To Send Money And Food To My Married Sister ?? by Nobody: 4:19pm On Jul 29, 2019
Thank God your sister has a mother that can do that,it's a trying time,anyone could experience trying times and if your mother can help your sister its not bad. Don't forget your sister is still your mom little baby girl of yesterday. In Africa we believe children as suppose to provide for their parent and we sometimes consider it a taboo if parent want to give their children money. Its vice versa if parent has more they can't watch their children suffer and if you as a child has money you will never want to see your parent suffer unless there are some unresolved issues or spiritual condition. Your mom is not a fool, she knows what she is doing
Re: Is It Okay For My Mum To Send Money And Food To My Married Sister ?? by backnbeta(f): 4:57pm On Jul 29, 2019
thorpido:
These are questions to ask before this present situation.
The deed is done already.
The question should have been,'Should my sister marry a man she really doesn't know because a religious leader is asking her to?'
Well na your sister mumu herself(no offense intended).

As it is now,your mom does not want her daughter to suffer so she has to still give assistance.
True words! Too late and too bad, mumsie can't watch her daughter suffer if she can help it! Sister and the whole family should have been wiser
Re: Is It Okay For My Mum To Send Money And Food To My Married Sister ?? by kabuski(m): 5:13pm On Jul 29, 2019
wahles:

I understand!
But keep family business within, talk to your mum or any oda relative on possible solutions or advice
there is nothing absolutely wrong in what the poster has done. He asked for peoples opinion so that he can come to a logical conclusion on the issue. He wants to hear from a wider faceless audience too.He's trying to imagine other people in his shoes.Nevertheless, OP.. talk things with your sister and know what can bring a final solution to this situation, cause it can't continue like this forever.
Re: Is It Okay For My Mum To Send Money And Food To My Married Sister ?? by hedonido: 5:19pm On Jul 29, 2019
saintneo:

Everything is wrong in that marriage.

A religious organisation that insists on pushing people to get married is a match-making organisation.

A woman or man should be able to make their choices with guidance from Holy Spirit not a man.

Another thing is that a man should be able to provide basic amenities for his proposed family, not extravagantly - food, shelter, etc. Worst case scenario, the husband and wife should combine and fund these.

When God is truly in a marriage, provision is never a problem. In-laws are not expected to have any financial input into a marriage.

My wife rejects her mothers food.

So much stupidity has been spewed in God's name by deluded characters. Awon COZA. Awon worshippers of Designer God. Fools who think prosperity is synonymous with God's grace. May God have mercy.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Naomi Efan-Okon Is Cussons Baby Of The Year Season Wins, ₦2 Million, Gifts / Wife Kills Husband In Ondo For Receiving Phone Call From Mistress / If You Knew What You Know Now, Would You Marry Your Spouse?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.