Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,200 members, 7,815,187 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:42 AM

Is It Okay For My Mum To Send Money And Food To My Married Sister ?? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Okay For My Mum To Send Money And Food To My Married Sister ?? (37400 Views)

As A Lady You Can’t Be In Your Married Sister House And Not Wearing A Bra / My Married Sister Wants to be a liability to us / Man Who Married Sister In Anambra Undergoes Spiritual Cleansing With 7 Virgins (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Okay For My Mum To Send Money And Food To My Married Sister ?? by Leonbonapart(m): 12:17pm On Jul 29, 2019
Very okay. Don't be stpid

1 Like

Re: Is It Okay For My Mum To Send Money And Food To My Married Sister ?? by Chiefqueenn(f): 12:17pm On Jul 29, 2019
Techfave:
Hello guys, please I need enlightenment on this

My sister got married Last Year, she was pregnant already when she married, the man she married is over 40 years old, my sister got her husband through a religion organization, when the leader of the organization insisted that she must marry that man..

Now my concerns about is that this man she got married too is not financially okay, My mum always send money to my sister..

When my sister was about to give birth my mum finance nearly all the hospital Bill, the funniest thing is that my mum also borrowed the money somewhere..

My question is that,

Is is okay for my mum to send money to my sister after she is married??

Is it okay for the leader of a religion organization to dictate to my sister to marry this man??

Please I need enlightenment on this issues

For me its not wrong as long as the man is not pretending to be financially unstable. After all, she would do the same thing for your mum. But the man should also try to get assistance from his own family.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Okay For My Mum To Send Money And Food To My Married Sister ?? by Egisokoinspire1(m): 12:17pm On Jul 29, 2019
It’s okay for your mom to assist her daughter financially even in marriage given that she knows they are not financially fit.

Marriage on the other hand shouldn’t be subject to another persons decision. Your sister shouldn’t have listened to that ReliGiouS group leader to marry a person she doesn’t know or try to fall in love with!

1 Like

Re: Is It Okay For My Mum To Send Money And Food To My Married Sister ?? by Flashlaundry(m): 12:17pm On Jul 29, 2019
We offer laundry and dry cleaning service in Lagos
Home services available ,080,81154969
Re: Is It Okay For My Mum To Send Money And Food To My Married Sister ?? by Nobody: 12:18pm On Jul 29, 2019
It is no big deal man.

1 Like

Re: Is It Okay For My Mum To Send Money And Food To My Married Sister ?? by Nobody: 12:18pm On Jul 29, 2019
Will you send money to your married daughter if her husband is not capable of doing so or will you allow her to suffer? Answer this question honestly.

4 Likes

Re: Is It Okay For My Mum To Send Money And Food To My Married Sister ?? by grandstar(m): 12:18pm On Jul 29, 2019
Techfave:

My sister got married Last Year, she was pregnant already when she married, the man she married is over 40 years old, my sister got her husband through a religion organization, when the leader of the organization insisted that she must marry that man..

Now my concerns about is that this man she got married too is not financially okay, My mum always send money to my sister..

When my sister was about to give birth my mum finance nearly all the hospital Bill, the funniest thing is that my mum also borrowed the money somewhere..

My question is that,

Is it okay for the leader of a religion organization to dictate to my sister to marry this man??

It isn't wrong for your mum to send money and food to your sister if she was in need. What is wrong is for a pastor or any clergyman to decide for you.

By effect, she is carrying another person's load. She should choose who she wants. Or is the pastor giving them food allowance?

Some will argue what of the case of Isaac and Jacob? Jehovah didn't decide for them as such. Their parents were determined they married God fearing people and not to the pagans around then.

Even Jacob picked his preferred wife Leah.

It is ungodly to dictate who to marry. It isn't scriptural. King Solomon tried to woo s girl in the "Book of Solomon".

The Bible says, "That before a man builds a house, should he not calculate the cost?".

How will God ask you to marry a man that is not financially buoyant to take care if his woman or family?. Now, it's your mum playing that role. Does it seem right? Do you think God will like it?

1 Like

Re: Is It Okay For My Mum To Send Money And Food To My Married Sister ?? by Ybaby: 12:18pm On Jul 29, 2019
Don't know how to answer your questions but I know:

Your mum is your sister's husband
Your mum is also the father of your unborn nephew or neice
The 40 year old agbaya is very lucky
The pastor is utterly crazy
Your sis is hypnotised
You are rightfully angry

Having said this no good mum will watch her child suffer so I sympathize and understand your mum but only hunger can reset your sis brain - support your sister till she get sense.... that is what family does.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Okay For My Mum To Send Money And Food To My Married Sister ?? by Kiddo01(m): 12:19pm On Jul 29, 2019
Very pathetic, please take heart, that what you experience when you're indoctrinated. Religion seems to be intruding into family affair which is not supposed to be. Anyway take heart � � �
Re: Is It Okay For My Mum To Send Money And Food To My Married Sister ?? by mrdrama: 12:20pm On Jul 29, 2019
I want to believe that your sister was not forced into the marriage and if I am to guess your sister is in her late 30''s so she accepted the offer and was not coerced. Now let me ask you a question, is your sister educated? If yes, she can get a job,and if no she can look for a small trade to start with the help of your mum and yourself if you are able to help financially

How can a 40 year old man be allowed to marry without having at least a job that will enable him take care of his family? thats quite sad.

Guy, if you can assist your sister, please do so and don't bring it to this forum

2 Likes

Re: Is It Okay For My Mum To Send Money And Food To My Married Sister ?? by srclark: 12:20pm On Jul 29, 2019
wahles:
I personally don’t think you have the right to speak for your sister or seek opinion for her about her choice. Mind your business

If your sister isn’t working yet, channel this enquiry towards helping her find a job, so she could be independent.
He has every right to speak cause this is an external cost on him also .Since it has gotten to the point your mum has to borrow to support them .Invite both of them and make it clear to them to buckle up and no help whatsoever is going to be coming from your mum and kindly monitor your mum very well and make sure she does not go into unnecessary debts .THey should go and meet the man of God that said they must be together by force rada rada.
Re: Is It Okay For My Mum To Send Money And Food To My Married Sister ?? by izzou(m): 12:20pm On Jul 29, 2019
pocohantas:
Sebi una say it isn't about money, but love.
Your sister has been misled by one religious leader into marrying a broke man. I don't know why they never connect someone to the rich ones.

How can I marry a poor ancestor? What did he spend his youth doing, if he didn't make good money?

Your sister should better go look for a job and fend for herself. Maybe her husband too grin

Nonsense and alfah males.

Ancestors start from 55

Correct yourself

angry

1 Like

Re: Is It Okay For My Mum To Send Money And Food To My Married Sister ?? by APOSTLECHUMA: 12:20pm On Jul 29, 2019
YOUR MOTHER IS A REAL MOTHER, A WOMAN I KNOW DID THIS TO HER DAUGHTER FOR SEVERAL YEARS AND TODAY HER HUSBAND IS A MILLIONAIRE.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Okay For My Mum To Send Money And Food To My Married Sister ?? by udemzyudex(m): 12:20pm On Jul 29, 2019
The religious leader told her to marry the man and she did knowing fully well he can't take care of her and the baby.

Na wa oooo, anyway I don't think it's a bad idea for your mum to send her food stuff but doing it regularly as if the husband is not working is a nonsense.
Re: Is It Okay For My Mum To Send Money And Food To My Married Sister ?? by APOSTLECHUMA: 12:21pm On Jul 29, 2019
YOUR MOTHER IS A REAL MOTHER, A WOMAN I KNOW DID THIS FOR HER DAUGHTER FOR SEVERAL YEARS AND TODAY HER HUSBAND IS A MILLIONAIRE.

5 Likes

Re: Is It Okay For My Mum To Send Money And Food To My Married Sister ?? by Kazeemakeem(m): 12:22pm On Jul 29, 2019
Techfave:

My question is that,

Nothing bad it might be u who will need help when are married.

Re: Is It Okay For My Mum To Send Money And Food To My Married Sister ?? by pocohantas(f): 12:22pm On Jul 29, 2019
izzou:

Ancestors start from 55

Correct yourself

angry

Somebody that is over 40 na ancestor. E no come get money join am. Aru! angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Okay For My Mum To Send Money And Food To My Married Sister ?? by jahbiz: 12:24pm On Jul 29, 2019
Techfave:

My question is that,

oga..... as per a religion leader fixing up ur sister, thats very wrong except with ur sister 100% consent.

As per the money and food...there is terms and conditions attach to it... if ur sister husband becomes financially handicap due to one reasonable reason or the other and he has been fulfilling his husband responsibility b4 then... its welcome but if the situation has been like that right from the genesis, my brother, ur sister has jus embarked on a very long dangerous journey
Re: Is It Okay For My Mum To Send Money And Food To My Married Sister ?? by grandstar(m): 12:24pm On Jul 29, 2019
Techfave:

My question is that,

I forgot to read that part that she was already pregnant for him before the marriage. I can now see why the pastor ensured they marry each other.

Out of wedlock pregnancy is the "reward" for fornication. It should never be a reason for marriage. Shotgun marriages aren't pretty.

The pastor seized on the pregnancy to help the man settle down. This isn't right

2 Likes

Re: Is It Okay For My Mum To Send Money And Food To My Married Sister ?? by Ewedegubbler: 12:24pm On Jul 29, 2019
you sound like a very idle and jealous 'mama thank ma' type of a guy. Why dont you get a job and do something meaningful with your time instead of minding who your mother gives money to?
If your sister or her husband is not employed why not help them get employed and instead of doing tatafo over their matter?

2 Likes

Re: Is It Okay For My Mum To Send Money And Food To My Married Sister ?? by Nobody: 12:24pm On Jul 29, 2019
No offence, but you come from a family of gullible religious bigots

2 Likes

Re: Is It Okay For My Mum To Send Money And Food To My Married Sister ?? by obowunmi(m): 12:25pm On Jul 29, 2019
Techfave:

My question is that,

It is NOT okay and I'm sure its desperation that led her to an unemployed man. She will begin to suffer the consequences when your mom dies and she has nothing to rely upon.

1 Like

Re: Is It Okay For My Mum To Send Money And Food To My Married Sister ?? by Kazeemakeem(m): 12:25pm On Jul 29, 2019
pocohantas:
Sebi una say it isn't about money, but love.
Your sister has been misled by one religious leader into marrying a broke man. I don't know why they never connect someone to the rich ones.

How can I marry a poor ancestor? What did he spend his youth doing, if he didn't make good money?

Your sister should better go look for a job and fend for herself. Maybe her husband too grin

Nonsense and alfah males.

See ur mouth, u talk out of sense, I believe ure not married, u call people nonsense Alfa male, u will soon Marry too

4 Likes

Re: Is It Okay For My Mum To Send Money And Food To My Married Sister ?? by Nobody: 12:25pm On Jul 29, 2019
there is absolutely nothing wrong with sending them food stuff. Seems you’re not ok with the marriage set up, your sister loves it, you should care less.

1 Like

Re: Is It Okay For My Mum To Send Money And Food To My Married Sister ?? by Saintabdul(m): 12:25pm On Jul 29, 2019
No it is not wrong for your mummy to send money and food to her daughter (your sister), if she can afford it.

Reason been that

Your mother might have more than enough, moreover as your mother grow old her need for money dwells.

Secondly, the current Nigeria situation can make anybody ask anybody for money.

Thirdly, his your mother not her mother.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Okay For My Mum To Send Money And Food To My Married Sister ?? by omomummy13: 12:25pm On Jul 29, 2019
Techfave:

My question is that,

So what will the enlightenment do to your life? I mean what exactly is your business? Mtshew
Re: Is It Okay For My Mum To Send Money And Food To My Married Sister ?? by prof800(m): 12:26pm On Jul 29, 2019
Techfave:

My question is that,

The only thing I like about your question is that you found a way to leave tribe, religion and age difference out of it.
It's good the way you were able to ask your question without mentioning any tribe or any religion in particular. You just said The Man is 40 years, Good you did not mention your sister's age. If not, this thread would have been a battleground for those cretinous dimwits.

Now to your question, I think it is not so proper to ask such questions, considering the fact of CHOICE.
Every human with their own choices. They've got one life, let them make their own choices, your mum, your sis, her husband.
But it is proper you showed concern but that's where it should end.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Okay For My Mum To Send Money And Food To My Married Sister ?? by otherway: 12:26pm On Jul 29, 2019
Techfave:

My question is that,

Sometimes in life we find ourselves in a very difficult situation such as your sis and her husband so I see nothing wrong in your mum rendering financial support to them if she can and you should too if you have cos we never can tell when we will be in such unfortunate situation.

As long as the man is not idle..Fortune will surely smile on him..and he will repay in multiple folds.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Okay For My Mum To Send Money And Food To My Married Sister ?? by MarianaTrench: 12:26pm On Jul 29, 2019
Techfave:

My sister is my business sir

Your sister is an adult and she is married...

She is not your business except her life is in danger!
Re: Is It Okay For My Mum To Send Money And Food To My Married Sister ?? by humblespirit: 12:27pm On Jul 29, 2019
When my younger sister was pregnant , the hospital bill was paid by my mum , I have sent money to her in the time past but today , the guy is giving her average of 200k as her monthly feeding money.the guy pampers her for 2 things. Love & the support we , his inlaws gave him when he was broke.
The same guy has bought her car. Last week I was broke she sent me money because we are family & family covers each other shame.
There was nothing wrong in ur mum is sending her money do what to know why?Good parents don't leave their children.
If your sister becomes nairaland topic because she married a broke man then you are wicked.
Family takes care of each other.

13 Likes

Re: Is It Okay For My Mum To Send Money And Food To My Married Sister ?? by wifeesnatcher(m): 12:27pm On Jul 29, 2019
If the husband is not lazy but maybe helpless. I think your mom should empowered your aunt with moderate business and fix the guy up

it doesn't make any sense for her to be sending money for feeding to them. for how long will she be doing that

this is why I hate this matchmaking be it from family, religion and friend. matchmaking is terrible

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Naomi Efan-Okon Is Cussons Baby Of The Year Season Wins, ₦2 Million, Gifts / Guy Pranks His Mother Over Pregnancy And This Happened (Photos) / How Many Of You Did This?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.