Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,253 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:31 AM

Can I Study Medicine And Surgery With This Result. - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Can I Study Medicine And Surgery With This Result. (47093 Views)

Medicine And Surgery: Is It Worth The Attention It Gets? / Can An Average Student Study Medicine And Surgery? / OAU Medicine And Surgery Cut-off Mark 304 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can I Study Medicine And Surgery With This Result. by Neddyogu(m): 10:00pm On Jul 29, 2019
Ur grades in d core science subjects are mediocre at best. Let's pray u don't face stiff competition from other candidates. Bon chance
Re: Can I Study Medicine And Surgery With This Result. by Soweez20: 10:00pm On Jul 29, 2019
Yes, moreover our so call Mr president can not provide wasce result
Re: Can I Study Medicine And Surgery With This Result. by Godisallgood: 10:02pm On Jul 29, 2019
Firebomber:
Good day everyone.

I apply for medicine and surgery in UNIBEN and I have 268 in jamb.. But am scared because of my result.. So please what's my chance of getting admission into UNIBEN with this result?
You are not qualified for medicine because ur major or core subject are below average..the better option is to change to state university or u go for change of course that is less competitive in federal university
Re: Can I Study Medicine And Surgery With This Result. by Crenzywilliams(m): 10:03pm On Jul 29, 2019
Ok...the truth is that u can study medicine with that kinda result...it's very good...congrats...
No mind plenty ppl when no even know u or ur personality/capability, whether u even spy get these gradesor not.
But seriously some of the comments here make some sense, even if they are crazy.
Do ur analysis well...know the subjects u enjoy, and stuff..check urself, what u honestly have a passion for...what u are naturally good at (ur hand work) and stuff...
It's not about what he parents want, or what u thing is it u want...look at ur choices and chose d best...trust me man..
Schooling doesnr neccessarily gyarrantee a bright future lil bru, I would k ow cos I have both a masters and almost a PhD in production engineering here from .UNIBEN.
Re: Can I Study Medicine And Surgery With This Result. by quin9(f): 10:03pm On Jul 29, 2019
EkunKekere:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't mathematics a mandatory subject for admission into Med School?

Admission into any of the top tier Southern universities like UI, UNN, UNILAG, OAU will be very tough even with a fairly decent result like this one. You'll be competing with literally the sharpest brains on the African continent, the overwhelming majority of whom are Southern Nigerians.

But if you're not too picky and you don't mind lowering your standards, you can waltz into any Northern university with that result. You'll be the one eyed king in the land of the blind.

so you didn't see Mathematics in that result? shocked
Re: Can I Study Medicine And Surgery With This Result. by noble2faith(m): 10:03pm On Jul 29, 2019
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Your physical and biological sciences subjects are sadly amongst the weakest in your result.
You will not do well in Medicine.

A C5 in Biology means you have just an average knowledge of human cells, the anatomy and all the various systems that make up the human body.

A C6 in Chemistry means you have just a vague comprehension of chemicals, their properties and potential reactions with cells in the human body.

How can you diagnose and prescribe then without killing people? Those alone are the basics in MBBS.

My advice is this,
Study Geography and Planning or Geology up to the Ph.D level and you'd still be a doctor.

Afterall a doctor is still a doctor.
Even[b] Papa Sherifatu the babalawo's business card reads Doctor[/b].

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Skoror

Re: Can I Study Medicine And Surgery With This Result. by barca4slhmusa: 10:04pm On Jul 29, 2019
With this result u study any course of choice in any university of Nigeria
Re: Can I Study Medicine And Surgery With This Result. by Abolajihowells2: 10:04pm On Jul 29, 2019
Even if u want to study ifa or babalawo ur result is enough
Re: Can I Study Medicine And Surgery With This Result. by Gaza91(m): 10:04pm On Jul 29, 2019
Firebomber:
Good day everyone.

I apply for medicine and surgery in UNIBEN and I have 268 in jamb.. But am scared because of my result.. So please what's my chance of getting admission into UNIBEN with this result?
yes u can apply for it.. don't be scared of anything... best of luck

1 Like

Re: Can I Study Medicine And Surgery With This Result. by Abdulaaleem: 10:05pm On Jul 29, 2019
Good thing it's not UI..
Re: Can I Study Medicine And Surgery With This Result. by EkunKekere: 10:06pm On Jul 29, 2019
I was thinking he needs an A1.

quin9:

so you didn't see Mathematics in that result? shocked
Re: Can I Study Medicine And Surgery With This Result. by Niyi9002(m): 10:10pm On Jul 29, 2019
GogetterMD:

How did you score a B3 in use of English with such terrible writing skills? "am"? "I apply"
The result was probably gotten EXPOnentially lol.
Re: Can I Study Medicine And Surgery With This Result. by darkelf: 10:12pm On Jul 29, 2019
GogetterMD:

How did you score a B3 in use of English with such terrible writing skills? "am"? "I apply"

grin grin grin
Re: Can I Study Medicine And Surgery With This Result. by saajus: 10:14pm On Jul 29, 2019
Good job. Go for your dream.
Re: Can I Study Medicine And Surgery With This Result. by Mypeople2(m): 10:15pm On Jul 29, 2019
Firebomber:
Good day everyone.

You just need to score at least 80% in the post UTME. If not,you will not get a seat in medicine and surgery, considering the number of people having 9A1s
Re: Can I Study Medicine And Surgery With This Result. by darkelf: 10:16pm On Jul 29, 2019
[quote author=mastermaestro post=80752681][/quote]

grin grin

very apt meme
Re: Can I Study Medicine And Surgery With This Result. by EzeIgboNwaChukwu(m): 10:17pm On Jul 29, 2019
Bbbwings:
If it is UI, he won't enter. They lay emphasis on o level result.
not anymore

1 Like

Re: Can I Study Medicine And Surgery With This Result. by pxjosh(m): 10:18pm On Jul 29, 2019
Firebomber:
Good day everyone.

As much as I know, the grades you get in your WASSCE don't matter as long as you pass your 5 main subjects (Maths, English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology). There are people who studied Medicine in Uniben that their results were not as good as yours. Some even combined their WASSCE and NECO results.

What is considered for admission is your Jamb and Post-UTME scores. For instance, your UTME scores will be divided by 8 and your post-UTME scores will be divided by 2 (not sure if it's 2 or 4). So you can see that this your SSCE grades don't matter. Don't mind the people telling you that your WAEC result isn't good enough.

Your UTME score is great, just focus on acing your post-UTME and you will get Med & Surg by merit.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can I Study Medicine And Surgery With This Result. by Nobody: 10:18pm On Jul 29, 2019
Firebomber:
Good day everyone.

Yes u can, on two conditions:
1. Stay away from very competitive universities; especially UNILAG, UI
2.Study harder and score very high in post jamb exam
Wish u the very best of luck.
Re: Can I Study Medicine And Surgery With This Result. by ChiefSweetus: 10:18pm On Jul 29, 2019
iCauseTrouble:
Maybe Medical Marketing..... You can do your house manship with GNLD, TIANSHI and the rest grin
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Can I Study Medicine And Surgery With This Result. by Deestro(f): 10:18pm On Jul 29, 2019
Isobug:

Please how do you classify your Science subjects. Would you say Mathematics and Agricultural science are Arts or Science subjects?
I need your help please?
Both subjects clearly has nothing to do with medicine and surgery also, those are general subjects
Re: Can I Study Medicine And Surgery With This Result. by alfredo1(m): 10:20pm On Jul 29, 2019
iamvictorbassey:
Which f.u.cking UDUSOK? I would not attend that school if I was on monthly stipend. Usmanu Danfodiyo will never give a non indigene medicine. If they do I give you 5 Grand monthly till you graduate.

Your best bet is Vet Medicine. My classmate was the best graduating student in our time from the secondary school of the same Usmanu Danfodiyo and was not given Medicine because he was an Igbo boy.
Don't waste your time o
the only reason he'll not be given medicine in udusok is because he didn't make the 280 cut off point for medicine sir. we have a good number of Igbo guys here both as students n lecturers. I'm a non-indigene by the way.
Re: Can I Study Medicine And Surgery With This Result. by EzeIgboNwaChukwu(m): 10:21pm On Jul 29, 2019
AwkaetitiBabe:
Hope this one won't forget scissors in a patient's stomach during surgery undecided
hi how was ur jamb result?
hope you're preparing hard for your postutme?
wish u success in ur admissions
Re: Can I Study Medicine And Surgery With This Result. by Stillthebest: 10:21pm On Jul 29, 2019
Firebomber:
Good day everyone.

And your English language result is B3?
Subject; avoid OAU, UI, if you have unilorin as your catchment area you can try it otherwise change your prospective school quickly to the Northern Unis... Doesn't mean you can't be considered in OAU and the likes but it is going to be hard. U can also try EKSU being that they just started admitting Medicine students. Good luck.
Re: Can I Study Medicine And Surgery With This Result. by BrutusOj(m): 10:25pm On Jul 29, 2019
EkunKekere:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't A1 in mathematics a mandatory subject for admission into Med School?

Admission into any of the top tier Southern universities like UI, UNN, UNILAG, OAU will be very tough even with a fairly decent result like this one. You'll be competing with literally the sharpest brains on the African continent, the overwhelming majority of whom are Southern Nigerians.

But if you're not too picky and you don't mind lowering your standards, you can waltz into any Northern university with that result. You'll be the one eyed king in the land of the blind.
What kind of nonsense have you guys been posting here since? Please, quote which chapter of JAMB bronchure said the requirements for medicine is A1 in all science subjects? No institution sets another requirements for O' level grades in periquisite subjects apart from five credits including English and Maths.
Re: Can I Study Medicine And Surgery With This Result. by MedicalTravelng(m): 10:30pm On Jul 29, 2019
Firebomber:
Good day everyone.

If your parent can afford to sponsor you with at least $3,500 to medical school abroad then I can assure you that you will resume medical school this year. You can seek expert guidance on www.medicaltravel.ng

God bless
Re: Can I Study Medicine And Surgery With This Result. by MedicalTravelng(m): 10:32pm On Jul 29, 2019
Firebomber:
Good day everyone.

This link am sure answers your question. https://www.nairaland.com/5298897/why-study-medicine-medical-courses
Re: Can I Study Medicine And Surgery With This Result. by BrutusOj(m): 10:33pm On Jul 29, 2019
pxjosh:
As much as I know, the grades you get in your WASSCE don't matter as long as you pass your 5 main subjects (Maths, English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology). There are people who studied Medicine in Uniben that their results were not as good as yours. Some even combined their WASSCE and NECO results.

What is considered for admission is your Jamb and Post-UTME scores. For instance, your UTME scores will be divided by 8 and your post-UTME scores will be divided by 2 (not sure if it's 2 or 4). So you can see that this your SSCE grades don't matter. Don't mind the people telling you that your WAEC result isn't good enough.

Your UTME score is great, just focus on acing your post-UTME and you will get Med & Surg by merit.
This is th only sensible post here since. Nairaland has a lot of wicked people that are bent on confusing and discouraging people with serious issues. Imagine th kind of trash they have been pouring here since. So many of those with A1 at O' level struggled to even study Biology in the university. As long as you have five credits in the electives for Medicine including English and Maths, you are good to go.
Re: Can I Study Medicine And Surgery With This Result. by Layi9: 10:36pm On Jul 29, 2019
In recent times,most universities use o'level heavily for admission....if you can get a uni that doesnt...then maybe
Re: Can I Study Medicine And Surgery With This Result. by Elzak(m): 10:38pm On Jul 29, 2019
iamvictorbassey:
Which f.u.cking UDUSOK? I would not attend that school if I was on monthly stipend. Usmanu Danfodiyo will never give a non indigene medicine. If they do I give you 5 Grand monthly till you graduate.

Your best bet is Vet Medicine. My classmate was the best graduating student in our time from the secondary school of the same Usmanu Danfodiyo and was not given Medicine because he was an Igbo boy.
Don't waste your time o
That's not true
Re: Can I Study Medicine And Surgery With This Result. by ceaser: 10:39pm On Jul 29, 2019
Even the doctors 'emselves wish they had a better, more rewarding, less stressful, less vilified choice of preoccupation.

Re: Can I Study Medicine And Surgery With This Result. by Nobody: 10:40pm On Jul 29, 2019
Everybody wants to study medicine and surgery. cheesy wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Imo State University [IMSU] Releases 2nd Supplementary Admission List / Hilarious Examination Questions From A Nigerian University Goes Viral (Photo) / Abel Idowu Olayinka & President Macron: Student Blasts UI VC For Insensitivity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.