Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,832 members, 7,810,200 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:19 PM

Can I Study Medicine And Surgery With This Result. - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Can I Study Medicine And Surgery With This Result. (47092 Views)

Medicine And Surgery: Is It Worth The Attention It Gets? / Can An Average Student Study Medicine And Surgery? / OAU Medicine And Surgery Cut-off Mark 304 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can I Study Medicine And Surgery With This Result. by iamvictorbassey: 4:14am On Jul 30, 2019
InansBobo:
lol
1. How can you be so sure of what you're saying? Like its never possible. You can't say there aren't more than ten South eastern students in the school (mbbs), that's not possible
2. Your friend being the best graduating students is no point here, rather you should state his jamb score, because I don't think someone who scores 320 would be denied admission even if he was Nnamdi Kanu
3. I don't really know much about the school though but thought it'd be easier compared to Southern Universities, but I'm sure of UNIMAID, 260+ gives one a chance

I can be so sure because I graduated from their model secondary school. So calm down when I tell you what I know and not what I think.
Re: Can I Study Medicine And Surgery With This Result. by Nobody: 6:02am On Jul 30, 2019
EzeIgboNwaChukwu:
single mother
is it a sin?
Re: Can I Study Medicine And Surgery With This Result. by Nobody: 6:07am On Jul 30, 2019
Firebomber:
Good day everyone.

I apply for medicine and surgery in UNIBEN and I have 268
With this result, you can do traditional medicine and abattoir undecided
Re: Can I Study Medicine And Surgery With This Result. by duffyng: 6:24am On Jul 30, 2019
Yes you can you have all the requirements as needed.
Re: Can I Study Medicine And Surgery With This Result. by Jamescosmas(m): 6:36am On Jul 30, 2019
samcus:
Dear God, May we never have health issues that will require raising funds from friends and social media. IJN
amen to claim it.
Amen and Amen..I join my friend in saying this prayer in the mighty name of Jesus Christ amen..
Re: Can I Study Medicine And Surgery With This Result. by GogetterMD(m): 6:38am On Jul 30, 2019
juwoonn:

This is a relaxed social platform and not an exam hall... He's free to shorten words or even use slangs. Oyinbos write worse than this on social medias. haha.
We Nigerians too dey do too know.
K
Re: Can I Study Medicine And Surgery With This Result. by alfredo1(m): 6:50am On Jul 30, 2019
iamvictorbassey:

Studying Medicine? Not vet medicine?
yes sir, 5th year. the admission process in udusok is quite fair.
Re: Can I Study Medicine And Surgery With This Result. by alfredo1(m): 7:02am On Jul 30, 2019
iamvictorbassey:

I can be so sure because I graduated from their model secondary school. So calm down when I tell you what I know and not what I think.
sorry for your friend's experience. if u live in Sokoto, Kindly come to the college of health of sciences in uduth n I'll personally disprove your point. medicine in udusok has been very competitive in recent years with merit cut off points between 270-280 though a little lower for indigenes of Sokoto, kebbi and zamfara states.
Re: Can I Study Medicine And Surgery With This Result. by Nobody: 7:07am On Jul 30, 2019
EkunKekere:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't an A1 in mathematics a mandatory subject for admission into Med School?

Admission into any of the top tier Southern universities like UI, UNN, UNILAG, OAU will be very tough even with a fairly decent result like this one. You'll be competing with literally the sharpest brains on the African continent, the overwhelming majority of whom are Southern Nigerians.

But if you're not too picky and you don't mind lowering your standards, you can waltz into any Northern university with that result. You'll be the one eyed king in the land of the blind.
A1 needed for medicine? you are a big foool for thinking admission in the north id cheaper, because they are all dullards and would rush to pick some random outsiders against their own
Re: Can I Study Medicine And Surgery With This Result. by Nobody: 7:13am On Jul 30, 2019
Heffalump:
You've got weak grades in the sciences and that shows you really have to work harder to recover your lapses in the event that medicine comes your way by chance.

However, Pharmacy may be a solid option 'B' should medicine proves hard to get
pharmacy is harder than med, do not push the boy into fire.

1 Like

Re: Can I Study Medicine And Surgery With This Result. by Allina: 7:32am On Jul 30, 2019
Firebomber:
Good day everyone.

I apply for medicine and surgery in UNIBEN and I have 268 in jamb.. But am scared because of my result.. So please what's my chance of getting admission into UNIBEN with this result?
I think you should consider a state school maybe AAU. The competition in UNIBEN no be here
Re: Can I Study Medicine And Surgery With This Result. by JoseRaji(m): 7:38am On Jul 30, 2019
EkunKekere:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't an A1 in mathematics a mandatory subject for admission into Med School?

Admission into any of the top tier Southern universities like UI, UNN, UNILAG, OAU will be very tough even with a fairly decent result like this one. You'll be competing with literally the sharpest brains on the African continent, the overwhelming majority of whom are Southern Nigerians.

But if you're not too picky and you don't mind lowering your standards, you can waltz into any Northern university with that result. You'll be the one eyed king in the land of the blind.

Smh... This one has used style to bring tribalism into this.

2 Likes

Re: Can I Study Medicine And Surgery With This Result. by EzeIgboNwaChukwu(m): 8:17am On Jul 30, 2019
AwkaetitiBabe:
is it a sin?
not at all but just that you're a baby mama cheesy
congrats to your daughter on her admissions overseas.
I'm a Counselor I can tutor her on her career and academics just pm me her contact thanks
Re: Can I Study Medicine And Surgery With This Result. by EzeIgboNwaChukwu(m): 8:18am On Jul 30, 2019
JoseRaji:

Smh... This one has used style to bring tribalism into this.
lmao
Re: Can I Study Medicine And Surgery With This Result. by Isobug: 8:26am On Jul 30, 2019
Deestro:

Both subjects clearly has nothing to do with medicine and surgery also, those are general subjects
You still have not answered my question.
Are those two Subjects Science subjects or not?
Re: Can I Study Medicine And Surgery With This Result. by Nobody: 8:47am On Jul 30, 2019
EzeIgboNwaChukwu:
not at all but just that you're a baby mama cheesy
congrats to your daughter on her admissions overseas.
I'm a Counselor I can tutor her on her career and academics just pm me her contact thanks
Lol... I pray that's d case. To have a daughter who is old enough to gain admission in d uni means I got gbensh when I was in primary school... Jeeez
Re: Can I Study Medicine And Surgery With This Result. by DavidEsq(m): 8:49am On Jul 30, 2019
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Your physical and biological sciences subjects are sadly amongst the weakest in your result.
You will not do well in Medicine.

A C5 in Biology means you have just an average knowledge of human cells, the anatomy and all the various systems that make up the human body.

A C6 in Chemistry means you have just a vague comprehension of chemicals, their properties and potential reactions with cells in the human body.

How can you diagnose and prescribe then without killing people? Those alone are the basics in MBBS.

My advice is this,
Study Geography and Planning or Geology up to the Ph.D level and you'd still be a doctor.

Afterall a doctor is still a doctor.
Even Papa Sherifatu the babalawo's business card reads Doctor.
. It is finished

Re: Can I Study Medicine And Surgery With This Result. by DavidEsq(m): 8:54am On Jul 30, 2019
alfredo1:

sorry for your friend's experience. if u live in Sokoto, Kindly come to the college of health of sciences in uduth n I'll personally disprove your point. medicine in udusok has been very competitive in recent years with merit cut off points between 270-280 though a little lower for indigenes of Sokoto, kebbi and zamfara states.
@ the bolden:
Did u say competitive? I guess competitive now has a new meani

Re: Can I Study Medicine And Surgery With This Result. by Nobody: 9:14am On Jul 30, 2019
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Your physical and biological sciences subjects are sadly amongst the weakest in your result.

A C5 in Biology means you have just an average knowledge of human cells, the anatomy and all the various systems that make up the human body.

A C6 in Chemistry means you have just a vague comprehension of chemicals, their properties and potential reactions with cells in the human body.

How can you diagnose and prescribe then without killing people? Those alone are the basics in MBBS.

My advice is this,
Study Geography and Planning or Geology up to the Ph.D level and you'd still be a doctor.

Why’re you always like this grin grin grin
Re: Can I Study Medicine And Surgery With This Result. by EzeIgboNwaChukwu(m): 9:16am On Jul 30, 2019
AwkaetitiBabe:
Lol... I pray that's d case. To have a daughter who is old enough to gain admission in d uni means I got gbensh when I was in primary school... Jeeez
how old are you ?
Re: Can I Study Medicine And Surgery With This Result. by Nobody: 9:32am On Jul 30, 2019
EzeIgboNwaChukwu:
how old are you ?
Lol. Ask me again tongue
Re: Can I Study Medicine And Surgery With This Result. by Nobody: 9:38am On Jul 30, 2019
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

My advice is this,

Re: Can I Study Medicine And Surgery With This Result. by Menzy86(m): 9:44am On Jul 30, 2019
InansBobo:
Change institution to Unimaid/UDUSOK if you're on your own

wow, you think the North is that wack? FYI, middlebelt guys(FCT, benue, i Kaduna, Kwara) are equally hot with several 300+ UTME scores so him coming to the North is not guaranteed at all with less than 280 without godfather
You didn't even mention the middle belt state with arguably the highest number of professors and academicians KOGI. I always wonder why southerners think they are academically superior to ALL northerners especially middle belt people. NO CHANCE!.

1 Like

Re: Can I Study Medicine And Surgery With This Result. by Menzy86(m): 9:50am On Jul 30, 2019
iamvictorbassey:
Which f.u.cking UDUSOK? I would not attend that school if I was on monthly stipend. Usmanu Danfodiyo will never give a non indigene medicine. If they do I give you 5 Grand monthly till you graduate.

Your best bet is Vet Medicine. My classmate was the best graduating student in our time from the secondary school of the same Usmanu Danfodiyo and was not given Medicine because he was an Igbo boy.
Don't waste your time o
This is a mischievous lie. My immediate elder bro (I am from kogi) is a medical doctor now and he had at least THREE IGBO CLASSMATES I can still remember their names now. I don't know why we like to propagate unfounded theories capable of sowing hate. Haba!
Re: Can I Study Medicine And Surgery With This Result. by Autoreportusa: 10:05am On Jul 30, 2019
Never let negative minds stop u from achieving ur dreams.
I can tell u 100% dat uniben does not use o'level result as requirement for admission.All they need is ur Utme + P.utne score,and 5 credit passes in ur relevant o'level result.

Wish u all the best.....
Re: Can I Study Medicine And Surgery With This Result. by Scholar212(m): 10:49am On Jul 30, 2019
Alot of ignorance being displayed on this thread. That is why platforms like quora are miles ahead becuase he would have gotten intelligent response. @OP all you need to study any medical course in Uniben is minimum of C6 in Maths, English, Physics, Chemistry, Biology and any other Subject which you have. Uniben does not evaluate your SSCE result for admission, An A1 parallel and C6 parallel stands equal chances. What matters is your UTME and POST-UTME score, your UTME score divided by 8 and POST-UTME divided by 2 gives you your total aggregate score for admission. Try to read well for your POST-UME to score at least 80 to stand a good chance of being admitted.
Re: Can I Study Medicine And Surgery With This Result. by cruzifixzo: 10:58am On Jul 30, 2019
Y are people so confident in telling lies n spewing rubbish. Who told you med n surg. Is studied from from secondary school. Even d best graduating waec candidate might still not stand the chance of being a better doctor. Medicine n surg is far more complex Dan outsiders think to the extent dat secondary school geniuses might fail out of med sch where average students will excel

My advice is this,

Even Papa Sherifatu the babalawo's business card reads Doctor.[/quote]
Re: Can I Study Medicine And Surgery With This Result. by Gryffindor: 11:03am On Jul 30, 2019
EVILFOREST:
With this result U can even UNSEAT the CHIEF JUSTICE OF THE FEDERATION

Local man needs to quit smoking crack

Re: Can I Study Medicine And Surgery With This Result. by nickyjohnlee(m): 11:36am On Jul 30, 2019
Please I need answers please. I applied for medicine in unimaid with 264 in jamb utme and 9 credits in my ssce with Taraba indigene what is my chance of gaining admission into unimaid to study medicine and surgery...
Re: Can I Study Medicine And Surgery With This Result. by explicitMee: 11:56am On Jul 30, 2019
cruzifixzo:
Y are people so confident in telling lies n spewing rubbish. Who told you med n surg. Is studied from from secondary school. Even d best graduating waec candidate might still not stand the chance of being a better doctor. Medicine n surg is far more complex Dan outsiders think to the extent dat secondary school geniuses might fail out of med sch where average students will excel

My advice is this,

WTF i have never seen a more dumb,idiotic,senseless post in my life.
Re: Can I Study Medicine And Surgery With This Result. by alfredo1(m): 12:18pm On Jul 30, 2019
DavidEsq:
@ the bolden: Did u say competitive? I guess competitive now has a new meani
mtschee...w

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Imo State University [IMSU] Releases 2nd Supplementary Admission List / Hilarious Examination Questions From A Nigerian University Goes Viral (Photo) / Abel Idowu Olayinka & President Macron: Student Blasts UI VC For Insensitivity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.