Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,663 members, 7,823,879 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:12 PM

Dede Mabiaku Slams People Comparing Naira Marley To Fela Kuti - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Dede Mabiaku Slams People Comparing Naira Marley To Fela Kuti (16461 Views)

Artus Frank Slams People Age-Shaming His Wife (Photos) / Ifeoma Okeke Slams People Body-Shaming Her (Photos) / Simi Slams People Who Say She Doesn't Know How To Dress (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dede Mabiaku Slams People Comparing Naira Marley To Fela Kuti by Ikpeazukerosene: 2:57pm On Jul 30, 2019
Whobedatte:

specify the UBANI nah
There s BARRISTER UBANI of the Lagos chapter of the NBA,he used to be very vocal and fearless, as an activist till he joined APC.

Didn't you see Chima Ubani there?
Is Chima Ubani a member of the NBA Lagos?

2 Likes

Re: Dede Mabiaku Slams People Comparing Naira Marley To Fela Kuti by Nobody: 3:06pm On Jul 30, 2019
GoldHorse:

What do you expect from them bro? When the things they listen to like shakushaku and skelewu have no single meaning and sang by these "give me the beat" artists.

Really zero expectations but the ignorance is alarming. Smh!!!

I'm a sis grin

2 Likes

Re: Dede Mabiaku Slams People Comparing Naira Marley To Fela Kuti by OGHENAOGIE(m): 3:09pm On Jul 30, 2019
KanuSE:

On what level really undecided coz the last time I checked, Fela Anikulapo-Kuti (Baba 70) was the originator of Afrobeat. He laid the foundation upon which these guys ( wizzy, davido, burna boy, Tuface, Tiwa, Don Jazzy, D'banj, Flavour, Phyno, Duncan mighty, Olamide etc ) build their music.

Do some research please and educate yourself.
u don get it the if is conditional learn to understand what someone wrote... others laid foundation too for fela to thrive on...after all someone sent him to UK wee he studied music...
Re: Dede Mabiaku Slams People Comparing Naira Marley To Fela Kuti by jabolo(m): 3:18pm On Jul 30, 2019
Orobo2Lekpa:

I was using lingo many people here can relate to. Fela's greatness is not in doubt but he was not infallible and he knew his limits. He did not release songs against a military government while they were still in power. Facts

Jeez, dude, ok smoke this in your pipe ... "he was arrested on over 200 different occasions and spent time in jail, including his longest stint of 20 months after his arrest in 1984"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fela_Kuti

Yeah right, he was running scared indeed.

I doubt you've even had a policeman oik you by your trousers.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dede Mabiaku Slams People Comparing Naira Marley To Fela Kuti by lesson44: 3:20pm On Jul 30, 2019
GistGoViral:
Dede Mabiaku lashed out at people comparing Naira Marley to Fela Kuti following his imprisonment on allegation of cybercrime and subsequent release after being granted bail.

The veteran singer and Fela's protege alleged that people behind the comparism are trivializing the essence of their martyrs. Condemning what Naira Marley did, Dede Mabiaku stated that the African culture does not teach one to rip off others to make financial gains.

According to him if anyone wants reparation they should stand up and fight for it with the law and not sit behind the computer to steal people's money. Dede Mabiaku also added that everyone should be careful with what they say lest the future holds them to account.

See more here; https://gistmore.com/dede-mabiaku-slams-people-comparing-naira-marley-to-fela-kuti
There are comparing Fela with who?
Re: Dede Mabiaku Slams People Comparing Naira Marley To Fela Kuti by virago(f): 3:23pm On Jul 30, 2019
DREAMZZZ:
burnaboy is even more talented and versatile than fela

Shut your trap there

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dede Mabiaku Slams People Comparing Naira Marley To Fela Kuti by crazygod(m): 3:24pm On Jul 30, 2019
Malawian:
Fela created a whole new Genre of Music (Afrobeats) all by himself. He has no living equals. He just didn't get his life work to live on after him, so he also failed in that regard.
As great as Fela is, he took 90% of his sound and style from the great James Brown. cool
Re: Dede Mabiaku Slams People Comparing Naira Marley To Fela Kuti by virago(f): 3:26pm On Jul 30, 2019
DREAMZZZ:
i am talking about talent oga ...burnaboy talent is on another level....Nigeria dosent deserve him

Shurrup!!! there again

1 Like

Re: Dede Mabiaku Slams People Comparing Naira Marley To Fela Kuti by virago(f): 3:27pm On Jul 30, 2019
OGHENAOGIE:
sharap he is trying to tell u if comparison should happen it should be with burna boy

It is a travesty to compare Fela with Burna boy

1 Like

Re: Dede Mabiaku Slams People Comparing Naira Marley To Fela Kuti by virago(f): 3:30pm On Jul 30, 2019
Ikpeazukerosene:

Fela
Gani
Soyinka
Saro Wiwa
Chima Ubani

Add Tunde Idiagbon to that list , he was a man of his words. Also the late Chinua Achebe should be on that list
Re: Dede Mabiaku Slams People Comparing Naira Marley To Fela Kuti by virago(f): 3:39pm On Jul 30, 2019
Xisnin:

Don't be lazy. Google is your friend. Criminals generally have lower IQ than the general populace. Fraudsters even have lower IQs.
All it takes to defraud is to break your promise. Even kids do it. There is no smartness involved. I will give you a pass since not everybody can understand this basic reasoning.

That was cold mehn , you had to bring a nigga down to ground zero

1 Like

Re: Dede Mabiaku Slams People Comparing Naira Marley To Fela Kuti by virago(f): 3:44pm On Jul 30, 2019
lordkay10:

Looool....when were you born? Don't ever say that again, there's no African musician dead or living that can lace Fela's shoes. All these indomie generation sef grin grin
FELA during his lifetime was a music producer, a composer, a multi-instrumentalist, a politician(he formed his own political party, MOP), he was an activist, he was a philanthropist..... just name it. Even the size of his band alone is one of the biggest music orchestra you will see perform together on a stage all at once
For someone who died over 20yrs ago and still gets the kind of recognition he gets internationally speaks volume about his legendary status. Ever heard about Felabration? It's an international annual event in his memory that people come to attend worldwide.
FELA is in the league if the Bob-Marleys, Micheal Jacksons, and other internationally acclaimed music legends, not some upcoming artists like Burna boy. Burna boy will be holding saxophone for FELA if he were alive today

I'm a Fela fan but I'd never rate Fela with Bob Marley or Michael Jackson , the comparison is needless
Re: Dede Mabiaku Slams People Comparing Naira Marley To Fela Kuti by Haywhysat: 3:59pm On Jul 30, 2019
You are whining yourself right?? They both influenced eachother.
crazygod:

As great as Fela is, he took 90% of his sound and style from the great James Brown. cool

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dede Mabiaku Slams People Comparing Naira Marley To Fela Kuti by AuroraB(f): 4:03pm On Jul 30, 2019
What's the Dede Mabiaku known for
Re: Dede Mabiaku Slams People Comparing Naira Marley To Fela Kuti by Orobo2Lekpa: 4:28pm On Jul 30, 2019
jabolo:

Jeez, dude, ok smoke this in your pipe ... "he was arrested on over 200 different occasions and spent time in jail, including his longest stint of 20 months after his arrest in 1984"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fela_Kuti

Yeah right, he was running scared indeed.

I doubt you've even had a policeman oik you by your trousers.

I never said he was scared. I said he knew his limits. whatever you think of Fela, he was a very intelligent dude and knew when to shoot and when to cock his gun and wait
Re: Dede Mabiaku Slams People Comparing Naira Marley To Fela Kuti by Orobo2Lekpa: 4:30pm On Jul 30, 2019
Orobo2Lekpa:

I never said he was scared. I said he knew his limits. whatever you think of Fela, he was a very intelligent dude and knew when to shoot and when to cock his gun and wait

This Nairaland and political correctness gone crazy. Imagine changing C.ock to rooster? I know they are are the same but it didn't work the statement in quote
Re: Dede Mabiaku Slams People Comparing Naira Marley To Fela Kuti by omoluka: 5:31pm On Jul 30, 2019
VULCAN:
There is no such research anywhere so quit lying?

How can someone who is less intelligent than you outsmart you via fraud?

You can only outsmart someone you are smarter than by understanding how to identify their Mumu button and knowing when and where to press it.

I don't consider people engaging in yahoo yahoo or fraud as smart, they are just liars and dishonest . You can only scam someone that trust you

1 Like

Re: Dede Mabiaku Slams People Comparing Naira Marley To Fela Kuti by jabolo(m): 5:58pm On Jul 30, 2019
Orobo2Lekpa:

'Not being scared' is why he's widely admired and I'm glad you acknowledge it. That should be the end of it.

As for being intelligent, and knowing when to cock his gun and all that, even if we grant you that, why did you opt to characterize that as 'not being infallible'?

This might have to do with feeding something in your own psyche, not reality, as proven by almost everyone else here, most of whom lived in the Fela era.

Anyway, you have debated courteously and I congratulate you for that. I'm out tho.

1 Like

Re: Dede Mabiaku Slams People Comparing Naira Marley To Fela Kuti by kendrick93(m): 6:25pm On Jul 30, 2019
DREAMZZZ:
burnaboy is even more talented and versatile than fela
burnaboy is a copycat of fela...
fake can never be better than the original...dont be stupiid bro
Re: Dede Mabiaku Slams People Comparing Naira Marley To Fela Kuti by Nobody: 7:07pm On Jul 30, 2019
Ikpeazukerosene:

Naira Marley is so daft and is not qualified to even pack generators and sound equipment for Zule zoo.

Naira Marley should be compared to Azadus and Skaileymental.
Hanhan!! Bros Azadus try o!
At least he no compare hesef to the likes of Baba Fela or Mandela.
He no scam people o!
That him song "She is the one" and "Madam" make brains jor.
Unlike the mumbo jumbo this Naira Marley fool was spitting.
Wait...why a riff like him took after the big name of the heroic Rastafarian beats me too.

1 Like

Re: Dede Mabiaku Slams People Comparing Naira Marley To Fela Kuti by Credobee(m): 7:30pm On Jul 30, 2019
ABAMI EDA LIVES ............

The greatest musician that walked the surface of this earth........
Africa's gift � to the world..........
ABAMI EDA LIVES ON

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dede Mabiaku Slams People Comparing Naira Marley To Fela Kuti by felaismyhero(m): 8:30pm On Jul 30, 2019
WHAT THE Bleep IS NAIRA MARLEY? BETTER FIND A NIGERIAN POLITICIAN OR ROBBER TO COMPARE HIM TO! IDIOTS!
Re: Dede Mabiaku Slams People Comparing Naira Marley To Fela Kuti by Cousin9999: 9:57pm On Jul 30, 2019
smh
Don't disrespect our legends.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dede Mabiaku Slams People Comparing Naira Marley To Fela Kuti by guttentag(m): 10:22pm On Jul 30, 2019
DREAMZZZ:
the only person worthy to be compared to fela is burnaboy

Shut up, what have burna boi advocated? So because he smokes weed , you are now comparing him with legendary Fela
Re: Dede Mabiaku Slams People Comparing Naira Marley To Fela Kuti by Chukalemon(m): 12:40am On Jul 31, 2019
That guy songs self even irritate me.i don't like anything about his song.he was base in London and went down to nigeria here to come and sing yahoo for us because he marlians no that we nigerians celebrate immoral songs
Re: Dede Mabiaku Slams People Comparing Naira Marley To Fela Kuti by GoldHorse(m): 12:02pm On Jul 31, 2019
Iamdazzle:

Really zero expectations but the ignorance is alarming. Smh!!!

I'm a sis grin

No vex jare my lovely sister. The thing is so so sad and depressing especially when one think say na amidst these confused lots ones children are growing up.

Just saw a story where one new couple were dancing this masturbating dance in front of parents and children alike. And some are wondering why we dey wonder.
Re: Dede Mabiaku Slams People Comparing Naira Marley To Fela Kuti by haryomikun(m): 8:17am On Aug 01, 2019
Malawian:
Fela created a whole new Genre of Music (Afrobeats) all by himself. He has no living equals. He just didn't get his life work to live on after him, so he also failed in that regard.
Who didn't get life work to live after?

Sorry Sorry, Beng Beng and Lagbaja's music were influenced by what genre?

Let's even go recent. Burna Boy's Gbona and Anybody, Wizkid's Jaiye Jaiye, Expensive Shit and Sweet Love were inspired by what genre?

If you listen to Fela's music you'll realize several artistes have plagiarized his lyrics like mad. Burna, Wizkid, Davido, Skales, they all do

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nkiru Sylvanus And Kenneth Okolie Released / Bow Wow And Ciara / Denrele, Dayo Amusa, Eniola Badmus & Others At AFRIMA 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.