Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,697 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:01 PM

Dede Mabiaku Slams People Comparing Naira Marley To Fela Kuti - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Dede Mabiaku Slams People Comparing Naira Marley To Fela Kuti (16442 Views)

Artus Frank Slams People Age-Shaming His Wife (Photos) / Ifeoma Okeke Slams People Body-Shaming Her (Photos) / Simi Slams People Who Say She Doesn't Know How To Dress (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dede Mabiaku Slams People Comparing Naira Marley To Fela Kuti by VULCAN(m): 1:08pm On Jul 30, 2019
There is no such research anywhere so quit lying?

How can someone who is less intelligent than you outsmart you via fraud?

You can only outsmart someone you are smarter than by understanding how to identify their Mumu button and knowing when and where to press it.

Xisnin:
Only fools and dunderheads make such comparison.
But I am not surprised since research has shown that fraudsters have lower IQ than the general populace.
Re: Dede Mabiaku Slams People Comparing Naira Marley To Fela Kuti by Ikpeazukerosene: 1:08pm On Jul 30, 2019
DREAMZZZ:
burnaboy is even more talented and versatile than fela

Look at how everyone is laughing at your stupidity.

5 Likes

Re: Dede Mabiaku Slams People Comparing Naira Marley To Fela Kuti by Nobody: 1:10pm On Jul 30, 2019
They didn't even compare Fela to Bob Marley grin wey we no go even gree angry angry but its naira marley(last name copied from Bob Marley) and Burna boy

This generation of kids are really bereft of sound reasoning. One up there even said Burna boy has great talent... Someone with no meaningful lyrics and direction? I weep for this new crop of Nigerians... So sad!!!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dede Mabiaku Slams People Comparing Naira Marley To Fela Kuti by KanuSE: 1:12pm On Jul 30, 2019
OGHENAOGIE:
sharap he is trying to tell u if comparison should happen it should be with burna boy

On what level really undecided coz the last time I checked, Fela Anikulapo-Kuti (Baba 70) was the originator of Afrobeat. He laid the foundation upon which these guys ( wizzy, davido, burna boy, Tuface, Tiwa, Don Jazzy, D'banj, Flavour, Phyno, Duncan mighty, Olamide etc ) build their music.

Do some research please and educate yourself.

6 Likes

Re: Dede Mabiaku Slams People Comparing Naira Marley To Fela Kuti by Skepticus: 1:16pm On Jul 30, 2019
Ikpeazukerosene:

In 2006, one of my cousins came from the US into Naija. Born in the US, had never been to Naija before. He knew most of Fela's songs by heart.

In South America, Fela is a huge influence there till today. In the West Indies, Fela is king.

One idiot here is now comparing Naira Marley and Burna boy to Fela. The man was way ahead
Fela's hobby was knocking the heads of Nigeria's Heads of state. Which of these ones can sing against Sanwo-olu confidently. Ordinary EFCC made Naira Marley humble.

A parisian who man who understand minimal English asked me if I listen to Fela. I was shocked. She is just 58 years ooo. She told me how she has all Fela's albums and how politically conscious Europeans rate him as an anti establishment force in music.

He is also referenced greatly in American Bebop jazz. Check out the heavy Jazz scores in his Beast of no Nation album.

Nigeria no deserve Fela at all. Burna boy (who is by way smarter than the average Nigerian music fan) knows the comparism is unmerited.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dede Mabiaku Slams People Comparing Naira Marley To Fela Kuti by Antoeni(m): 1:17pm On Jul 30, 2019
We all Know what Fele Stood for, But Naira is a Complete Nuisance and constitute a Menace to the Society, The Mumu Boy Stands for Nothing

3 Likes

Re: Dede Mabiaku Slams People Comparing Naira Marley To Fela Kuti by Nobody: 1:17pm On Jul 30, 2019
pls guys forgive me for my earlier comment i was under the influence of sk ... embarassed

7 Likes

Re: Dede Mabiaku Slams People Comparing Naira Marley To Fela Kuti by wifeesnatcher(m): 1:19pm On Jul 30, 2019
DREAMZZZ:

go and meet your dad to tell you more about Fela. you think fela have time for Dangote still dey get money crab?

if not for some Nigerians that are loosing their sanity by listening to nonsense vibes, someone like kobo marley should be a videographer or cinematographer and not a studio artiste

5 Likes

Re: Dede Mabiaku Slams People Comparing Naira Marley To Fela Kuti by KanuSE: 1:20pm On Jul 30, 2019
Ikpeazukerosene:

This is one of the idiots we're talking about.
Comparing Burna boy to Fela.

You think Fela is only about the music?

Fela went to drop a corpse in front of the official residence of the Head of State. He lambasted Buhari, Shagari, Obasanjo, Babangida, all as sitting Presidents.

Buhari is even too much. Can Burna try to sing against Sanwo-olu?

Lol cheesy

Sanwo-Olu too much sef, let's start from his Ward Councillor....lol grin

3 Likes

Re: Dede Mabiaku Slams People Comparing Naira Marley To Fela Kuti by CreekCommando: 1:23pm On Jul 30, 2019
Only a certain region that hates to say the truth will liken an illiterate lazy dirty-looking "Yahoo-Yahoo" ragamuffin to a highly educated, bold, truth speaker and talented Fela Anikulapo Kuti. Naira Marley or 10-10 Kobo malam is comparable to the the popular Evans. Meanwhile, where are the cows? grin grin
Re: Dede Mabiaku Slams People Comparing Naira Marley To Fela Kuti by kayjay69(m): 1:25pm On Jul 30, 2019
His mother's dead body.

Ikpeazukerosene:

Fela went to drop a corpse in front of the official residence of the Head of State. He lambasted Buhari, Shagari, Obasanjo, Babangida, all as sitting Presidents.

2 Likes

Re: Dede Mabiaku Slams People Comparing Naira Marley To Fela Kuti by GoldHorse(m): 1:29pm On Jul 30, 2019
Just like comparing canoe with an aircraft carrier and say boat na boat.... undecided

4 Likes

Re: Dede Mabiaku Slams People Comparing Naira Marley To Fela Kuti by DameB(f): 1:31pm On Jul 30, 2019
Ikpeazukerosene:

Which mumu talent?

I can bet you're under 30 years of age. Even if you're under 30, your reasoning is pathetic.

Macron went to Fela's shrine and you're here talking blabla.

Honestly, you people need to travel out of Nigeria and see things so that you'll stop disgracing yourselves online.

You are even bothering to answer him. Is it not Fela that the said burna boy is imitating?

2 Likes

Re: Dede Mabiaku Slams People Comparing Naira Marley To Fela Kuti by Orobo2Lekpa: 1:34pm On Jul 30, 2019
Ikpeazukerosene:

Fela diss songs on Presidents was usually put on general release after they have left office.
he sang diss songs in the shrine but these were not put to album while the Head of state was in power.
Even Fela power no reach to try some people like Buhari when they were in power
Re: Dede Mabiaku Slams People Comparing Naira Marley To Fela Kuti by GoldHorse(m): 1:35pm On Jul 30, 2019
Iamdazzle:

They didn't even compare Fela to Bob Marley grin wey we no go even gree angry angry but its naira marley(last name copied from Bob Martley) and Burna boy

This generation of kids are really bereft of sound reasoning. One up there even said Burna boy has great talent... Someone with no meaningful lyrics and direction? I weep for this new crop of Nigerians... So sad!!!

What do you expect from them bro? When the things they listen to like shakushaku and skelewu have no single meaning and sang by these "give me the beat" artists.

5 Likes

Re: Dede Mabiaku Slams People Comparing Naira Marley To Fela Kuti by Myself2(m): 1:47pm On Jul 30, 2019
Tamasaba:
Naira Marley should be compared with zulezoo...he doesn't stand for what fela stood for. That he smokes weed just like fela did doesn't mean shit.

Fela fought injustice, Naira Marley promotes crime and soapying

And zulezoo is even better than that the disgraceful criminal sh!t called Naira marley

2 Likes

Re: Dede Mabiaku Slams People Comparing Naira Marley To Fela Kuti by Myself2(m): 1:48pm On Jul 30, 2019
Iamdazzle:

They didn't even compare Fela to Bob Marley grin wey we no go even gree angry angry but its naira marley(last name copied from Bob Martley) and Burna boy

Hmmmmm
Eleyi deep gan
Re: Dede Mabiaku Slams People Comparing Naira Marley To Fela Kuti by Xisnin(m): 1:48pm On Jul 30, 2019
VULCAN:
There is no such research anywhere so quit lying?

How can someone who is less intelligent than you outsmart you via fraud?

You can only outsmart someone you are smarter than by understanding how to identify their Mumu button and knowing when and where to press it.

Don't be lazy.
Google is your friend.
Criminals generally have lower IQ than the general populace.
Fraudsters even have lower IQs.

All it takes to defraud is to break your promise.
Even kids do it.
There is no smartness involved.
I will give you a pass since not everybody can understand this
basic reasoning.

5 Likes

Re: Dede Mabiaku Slams People Comparing Naira Marley To Fela Kuti by Nobody: 1:48pm On Jul 30, 2019
Anybody comparing that guy to Fela is a rounded idiot. Why insult the best Afro jazz legend out Africa.

4 Likes

Re: Dede Mabiaku Slams People Comparing Naira Marley To Fela Kuti by Nobody: 1:49pm On Jul 30, 2019
Dede don't mind the demented kids of these days, seems their brain can not withstand the Arizona, and drugs these days...they are brain dead cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Dede Mabiaku Slams People Comparing Naira Marley To Fela Kuti by djoey89: 1:50pm On Jul 30, 2019
You can never compare fela with any of this fake singers of this time.. it doesnt mean if i go to a party and they play "wo fe se labo, yahoo ni babalawo". My 2 hands in the air straight...
Re: Dede Mabiaku Slams People Comparing Naira Marley To Fela Kuti by Alaganature(m): 1:53pm On Jul 30, 2019
Nothing Ear no go hear for this country..Why on Earth would they compare a legend with Naira Marley..Nah Government no put pressure on Naira case..if them get him time I swear he no go see sun again for life..Oshi���

3 Likes

Re: Dede Mabiaku Slams People Comparing Naira Marley To Fela Kuti by brainworkng: 2:01pm On Jul 30, 2019
you make real sense bro. Dont mind all these small boys that were not born when Fela died let alone knowing about his impact to the society. Naira marley that sings trash is what they knowquote author=Tamasaba post=80768826]Naira Marley should be compared with zulezoo...he doesn't stand for what fela stood for. That he smokes weed just like fela did doesn't mean shit.

Fela fought injustice, Naira Marley promotes crime and soapying[/quote]

3 Likes

Re: Dede Mabiaku Slams People Comparing Naira Marley To Fela Kuti by Whobedatte(m): 2:03pm On Jul 30, 2019
Ikpeazukerosene:

Chima Ubani is late.
He died before APC was formed.

You see why you shouldn't be opening your wide mouth to talk nonsense? Now, you've made a fool of yourself before the whole world.
specify the UBANI nah
There s BARRISTER UBANI of the Lagos chapter of the NBA,he used to be very vocal and fearless, as an activist till he joined APC.
Re: Dede Mabiaku Slams People Comparing Naira Marley To Fela Kuti by jabolo(m): 2:05pm On Jul 30, 2019
Orobo2Lekpa:

Fela diss songs on Presidents was usually put on general release after they have left office.
he sang diss songs in the shrine but these were not put to album while the Head of state was in power.

You betray your immaturity. 'Diss song' my left glute. What of 'beef'?

Fela did not engage in 'diss songs'. He lived the struggle.

4 Likes

Re: Dede Mabiaku Slams People Comparing Naira Marley To Fela Kuti by Gazzy88(m): 2:15pm On Jul 30, 2019
Orobo2Lekpa:

Before I reply you,how old are you? Hope you're not one of these senseless kids born in the 2000s that think they know it all by doing the right thing at the wrong time and the wrong thing at the right time?

2 Likes

Re: Dede Mabiaku Slams People Comparing Naira Marley To Fela Kuti by omoadeleye(m): 2:26pm On Jul 30, 2019
Abi aiye naira marley ati awon marlians fe baje sha?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dede Mabiaku Slams People Comparing Naira Marley To Fela Kuti by 1forall: 2:29pm On Jul 30, 2019
Sigh!

Well, at least I see a lot of schooling has taken place on this topic already so there's really no need to say more.

Thanks to all those that have taken time to set things straight, and knock sense into some of the knuckleheads.

4 Likes

Re: Dede Mabiaku Slams People Comparing Naira Marley To Fela Kuti by lordkay10(m): 2:34pm On Jul 30, 2019
DREAMZZZ:
Looool....when were you born? Don't ever say that again, there's no African musician dead or living that can lace Fela's shoes. All these indomie generation sef grin grin
FELA during his lifetime was a music producer, a composer, a multi-instrumentalist, a politician(he formed his own political party, MOP), he was an activist, he was a philanthropist..... just name it. Even the size of his band alone is one of the biggest music orchestra you will see perform together on a stage all at once
For someone who died over 20yrs ago and still gets the kind of recognition he gets internationally speaks volume about his legendary status. Ever heard about Felabration? It's an international annual event in his memory that people come to attend worldwide.
FELA is in the league if the Bob-Marleys, Micheal Jacksons, and other internationally acclaimed music legends, not some upcoming artists like Burna boy. Burna boy will be holding saxophone for FELA if he were alive today

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dede Mabiaku Slams People Comparing Naira Marley To Fela Kuti by joepepsy(m): 2:37pm On Jul 30, 2019
Bros I just tire for all this idiots ooo.
Ikpeazukerosene:

1 Like

Re: Dede Mabiaku Slams People Comparing Naira Marley To Fela Kuti by Orobo2Lekpa: 2:40pm On Jul 30, 2019
Gazzy88:
Before I reply you,how old are you? Hope you're not one of these senseless kids born in the 2000s that think they know it all by doing the right thing at the wrong time and the wrong thing at the right time?

No I'm not. Go and check the release dates of Beast of No Nations, ITT, unknown soldier, movement against mass slavery, ODOO, coffin for head of state, Authority stealing, Army arrangement and see if any of the subject matter was in power when they were released.
Re: Dede Mabiaku Slams People Comparing Naira Marley To Fela Kuti by Orobo2Lekpa: 2:42pm On Jul 30, 2019
jabolo:

You betray your immaturity. 'Diss song' my left glute. What of 'beef'?

Fela did not engage in 'diss songs'. He lived the struggle.

I was using lingo many people here can relate to. Fela's greatness is not in doubt but he was not infallible and he knew his limits. He did not release songs against a military government while they were still in power. Facts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Which Nigerian Actress Is Good The Most In Crying On Set? / I Just Came Across This Beautiful Girl And I Am Struck By Her Beauty / Junior Pope Celebrates His Son, Jason Odonwodo 4th Birthday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.