Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,475 members, 7,819,733 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:56 PM

Blocking Email - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Blocking Email (1707 Views)

Help!!! My Over Religious Roomate Is ¢o¢k-blocking Me / The Issue Of Cöck Blocking: Share Your Experience. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Blocking Email by Tinksh(f): 6:54am On Oct 16, 2010
Hey people. Just wanted to ask if anyone knows how to block an email address if its possible. I am still getting email abuse from my ex and i cant take it anymore. So cruel, so mean and i want to stop him from being able to email me. Ive blocked him on msn and phone but need to stop him completely. Geez i hope its not a trait for Nigerian guys who goes crazy mean when a girl walks for good reasons. Ive never experienced this before. Any advice on how to stop it would be greatly appreciated.
Re: Blocking Email by Odunnu: 7:05am On Oct 16, 2010
Its a pity sister,thats what we get from allowing a black brother steal our hearts even for 10seconds.
Re: Blocking Email by madlady(f): 7:19am On Oct 16, 2010
Tink_sh:

Hey people. Just wanted to ask if anyone knows how to block an email address if its possible. I am still getting email abuse from my ex and i cant take it anymore. So cruel, so mean and i want to stop him from being able to email me. Ive blocked him on msn and phone but need to stop him completely. Geez i hope its not a trait for Nigerian guys who goes crazy mean when a girl walks for good reasons. Ive never experienced this before. Any advice on how to stop it would be greatly appreciated.

Tink_sh sorry to hear this.

Maybe if you add his emails to your blocked list that will be enough to give you some relief, OUT OF SIGHT OUT OF MIND.

The kind of harassment your experiencing is not a Nigerian thing or even a gender thing, sadly some people are just VENGEFUL and cannot let go.
Hopefully, he will get bored and stop.
Re: Blocking Email by sugarpp: 7:22am On Oct 16, 2010
report a couple of his e-mails as spam
Re: Blocking Email by jaybee3(m): 7:23am On Oct 16, 2010
Madlady has said it all.
Change your email address if nothing works and you don't want him shake down/threatened  by the cops
Re: Blocking Email by InkedNerd(f): 7:30am On Oct 16, 2010
Sista Tink_sh, I suggest you take madlady's advice
Re: Blocking Email by Tinksh(f): 7:31am On Oct 16, 2010
Thanks Odunna, Inked nerd and madlady for your support. Madlady, where do i find the blocked list? Ill go into email and see if i can find such a thing. Or is it on the computer itself.

Im not very good with the technical side of computers. Good idea sugar pp i will see if i can do that.

Thanks jaybee, ive had this email for over ten years and everyone has it, but i guess if it gives me some peace i may have to resort to that.
Re: Blocking Email by InkedNerd(f): 7:40am On Oct 16, 2010
Tink_sh, try to send out a mass e-mail from the new e-mail address to all the people you still wanna keep in contact with.
Re: Blocking Email by Tinksh(f): 7:50am On Oct 16, 2010
Ok, it just sucks bad that i have to but i need peace. My heart stops everytime my phone goes off or an email comes up and am so relieved when its not him but the tension is making me ill. Thanks a bunch, you guys rock!!!
Re: Blocking Email by MOBO444(f): 8:05am On Oct 16, 2010
^^^ A Nigeria, so sorry to hear that, well dont change your email, anything you kept for ten years is suppose to be special, just do the bloack things as other have suggested.
Re: Blocking Email by jaybee3(m): 8:19am On Oct 16, 2010
blocking is only temporary as he might as well change his ID and resume another stalking bender.
Best way for closure no matter how hard is for you to change the email addy.
Good luck
Re: Blocking Email by madlady(f): 8:22am On Oct 16, 2010
Tink_sh:

Thanks Odunna, Inked nerd and madlady for your support. Madlady,

where do i find the blocked list?

Ill go into email and see if i can find such a thing. Or is it on the computer itself.

Im not very good with the technical side of computers. Good idea sugar pp i will see if i can do that.

Thanks jaybee, ive had this email for over ten years and everyone has it, but i guess if it gives me some peace i may have to resort to that.

Find one of the emails he sent you, click the button at the top of the page called "spam" then click the button saying "add to blocked list".

You will still get them but you wont need to see or read them.

You can also adjust your email settings so that all spam on your blocked list will be immediately removed undecided.

B
Re: Blocking Email by Tinksh(f): 9:56am On Oct 16, 2010
'hiding from my eyes' is perfect!! Thank you so much.  I dont want to see them at all so thats great.
Re: Blocking Email by Nobody: 10:03am On Oct 16, 2010
OP

Is your ex the same person that travelled to the US for studies? have you lot gone separate ways already?
Re: Blocking Email by Tinksh(f): 10:12am On Oct 16, 2010
[,
Re: Blocking Email by Nobody: 10:14am On Oct 16, 2010
Is this the first time you lot have been away from eachother? like farther away?
Re: Blocking Email by Tinksh(f): 10:18am On Oct 16, 2010
No, he was visiting here when we met, i was on holidays interstate. He was living and studying in Malaysia then. Was supposed to come here to finish study but chose to go to America. Maylasia was only nine hours away whereas America is 30 so no chance for us to visit. He turned on me when he wanted me to move to America to be with him but i said i couldnt. I have a child and there is no way i would take him that far from his father or our family who is really close and i would NEVER leave my boy behind, not for anyone.
Re: Blocking Email by Nobody: 10:45am On Oct 16, 2010
Why don't you both see if you can settle this without insults and withdrawal. if you ask me I will say it's lack of proper communication , patience and understanding that's brought on all these
Re: Blocking Email by Tinksh(f): 10:50am On Oct 16, 2010
jennykadry:

Why don't you both see if you can settle this without insults and withdrawal. if you ask me I will say it's lack of proper communication , patience and understanding that's brought on all these

Yes i agree it has been a communication problem but i cant talk to him. I dont insult, i wont go to his level.
Re: Blocking Email by Nobody: 10:53am On Oct 16, 2010
^^No one is telling you to give him another chance, all I am saying is you guys needs to communicate proper to end all of these. You and your family need not run away from anybody. That is your country, your home, you have the right to peace in your home/country. You shouldn't feel less
Re: Blocking Email by Tinksh(f): 10:59am On Oct 16, 2010
Ok, sorry, I thought you meant to communicate to work it out.

Thanks, you are right. Im just trying to disappear of his radar but he has all my contact info. I dont know how to get through to him. He has convinced himself of these terrible things. I am hoping that by not responding to him he will calm down but it seems to be getting worse. Maybe he will run out of venom. Thanks again for your advice. I appreciate it. I was going nuts in my own head, lol!!
Re: Blocking Email by MOBO444(f): 11:33am On Oct 16, 2010
jennykadry:

^^No one is telling you to give him another chance, all I am saying is you guys needs to communicate proper to end all of these. You and your family need not run away from anybody. That is your country, your home, you have the right to peace in your home/country. You shouldn't feel less

You home breaker, you noting but a Black witch we call a Black lady.
Re: Blocking Email by Odunnu: 11:40am On Oct 16, 2010
MOBO444:

What is your problem you ths insecure black man?
Re: Blocking Email by MOBO444(f): 11:57am On Oct 16, 2010
^^^ You have no right to call me insecure, what are you saying, i saw your advice earlier on in this section to the Aussie one and i am disappointed in you.
Re: Blocking Email by Tinksh(f): 12:09pm On Oct 16, 2010
Hehehe!! The 'aussie one' Thats funny~
Re: Blocking Email by ZIMDRILL(m): 12:11pm On Oct 16, 2010
MOBO444:

what is a home breaker

how does one became a home breaker
Re: Blocking Email by MOBO444(f): 12:14pm On Oct 16, 2010
^^^ When an SA woman leaves her husband and children and runs after a Nigeria man for an affair or sexual encounter, then the Nigeria man is the home breaker.
Re: Blocking Email by Tinksh(f): 12:16pm On Oct 16, 2010
I would like to know too ZIM DRILL. I know what a home wrecker is but dont know how that applies to anything jennykadry said here.
Re: Blocking Email by aminalib(f): 12:17pm On Oct 16, 2010
the term you meant is HOMEWRECKER grin you are welcome
Re: Blocking Email by ZIMDRILL(m): 12:36pm On Oct 16, 2010
MOBO444:

^^^ When an SA woman leaves her husband and children and runs after a Nigeria man for an affair or sexual encounter, then the Nigeria man is the home breaker.

you are crazy

am homewrecker is someone who wrecks his/her marriage or home

s/he must be committed to his home/marriage if s/he strays then s/he is a homewrecker becoz s/he is wrecking his/her home

people just blame the other part through out as if it is his/her marriage  one who strays from his/her is a homewrecker
Re: Blocking Email by Tinksh(f): 12:45pm On Oct 16, 2010
ZIM DRILL:

you are crazy

am homewrecker is someone who wrecks his/her marriage or home

s/he must be committed to his home/marriage if s/he strays then s/he is a homewrecker becoz s/he is wrecking his/her home

people just blame the other part through out as if it is his/her marriage one who strays from his/her is a homewrecker

Huh?? I know. I said i know what a home wrecker is but not what it had to do with jennys comment. I was agreeing with you.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Does Intimacy Spice Up A Relationship? / Your Babe Confess To You Dat She Is HIV Positive After Bedroom Dance. / Guys : Can U Date Someone Without Physical Assets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.