Stats: 3,153,838 members, 7,820,920 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:12 AM

Why Is MTN Telling People To Go And Update Their Details? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why Is MTN Telling People To Go And Update Their Details? (3433 Views)

Is MTN Network Down In Your Location? / Xenophobic Attack: Is MTN Trying To Frustrate Glo? / How To Correct And Update Your BVN Details In Nigeria (2018) (2) (3) (4)

Why Is MTN Telling People To Go And Update Their Details? by Krak(m): 11:28am On Jul 31, 2019
I have been getting messages from MTN to go and update my sim registration details or else my sim will be blocked.

Others that I know are also facing the same issue.

The annoying thing is that I just did a welcome back on that same sim card and I duly tendered my photo ID.

Apart from that, I remember doing this same thing at least twice previously.

Re: Why Is MTN Telling People To Go And Update Their Details? by Nobody: 11:40am On Jul 31, 2019
The way some people talk on phone, it's obvious many have lost their sanity.
Re: Why Is MTN Telling People To Go And Update Their Details? by Babalegba(m): 12:49pm On Jul 31, 2019
O.p, you are in Nigeria where the impossible happens, impossibly bad things that is.You can register ten times in Nigeria and still not get your details on file.mtn is trying to avoid NCC sanctions by making sure the details are filled away.A graduate once registered my son and then assigned the details to another person's name. It took me some effort and frustration to get my own sim back in my name.
Re: Why Is MTN Telling People To Go And Update Their Details? by rashfat(m): 1:33pm On Jul 31, 2019
Dem wan share d country. Make ur share no pass you na y

Re: Why Is MTN Telling People To Go And Update Their Details? by Automatic3444(m): 5:41pm On Jul 31, 2019
Urs is message, mine was call. MTN call me this morning to go and register my sim.. Even after doing it.
Re: Why Is MTN Telling People To Go And Update Their Details? by Abiodunspectre(m): 5:46pm On Jul 31, 2019
I received this annoying message on my Phantom 9. Mtn is pissing me off.
Re: Why Is MTN Telling People To Go And Update Their Details? by Chubhie: 7:15pm On Jul 31, 2019
Maybe cos of the new mobile money wallet....

Re: Why Is MTN Telling People To Go And Update Their Details? by drjprince: 7:46pm On Jul 31, 2019
Abiodunspectre:
must you advertise the useless phantom 9,nobody gives a 4uk if you are using that scrap grin

22 Likes

Re: Why Is MTN Telling People To Go And Update Their Details? by ITbomb(m): 11:32pm On Jul 31, 2019
No be too go there be the issue, the crowd there for MTN office na die (Uyo)

I am preparing to change some accounts I attached to the number in case they decide to block me
Re: Why Is MTN Telling People To Go And Update Their Details? by Joezik(m): 12:48am On Aug 01, 2019
Abiodunspectre:

Omo were
Is your messaging app something to advertise?
Buttom 9
Re: Why Is MTN Telling People To Go And Update Their Details? by Successdynamik: 12:51am On Aug 01, 2019
Abiodunspectre:
bros, u nor get phantom 9, nor dey washy abeg
Re: Why Is MTN Telling People To Go And Update Their Details? by Krak(m): 2:18am On Aug 01, 2019
Automatic3444:
Urs is message, mine was call. MTN call me this morning to go and register my sim.. Even after doing it.

I know of someone who went to update his details last week. The person is still getting the messages till now.
Re: Why Is MTN Telling People To Go And Update Their Details? by Waffarianman(m): 7:20am On Aug 01, 2019
Ma own is Airtel, have done everything they ask me for but still asking for more. Don't know what to do
Re: Why Is MTN Telling People To Go And Update Their Details? by falcon01: 7:55am On Aug 01, 2019
drjprince:
must you advertise the useless phantom 9,nobody gives a 4uk if you are using that scrap grin
I also received this message on the screen of my Bugatti La Voiture Noire smiley
Re: Why Is MTN Telling People To Go And Update Their Details? by Automatic3444(m): 11:11am On Aug 01, 2019
MTN JUST CREDITED MY ACCOUNT WITH 10,000 WORTH OF AIRTIME.. WITH A conditions I MUST UPDATE MY SIM DETAILS b4 accessing it
Re: Why Is MTN Telling People To Go And Update Their Details? by Deasegun19(m): 12:02pm On Aug 01, 2019
the annoying part is that none of mtn service centre in my location(omuaran) can update the details. I was referred to the state capital (Ilorin).
Re: Why Is MTN Telling People To Go And Update Their Details? by Krak(m): 1:32pm On Aug 01, 2019
Deasegun19:
the annoying part is that none of mtn service centre in my location(omuaran) can update the details. I was referred to the state capital (Ilorin).

I tried today and went to the MTN Office, I met thousands of people who were there for the same thing. Pls lalasticlala take this to the front page lets know why MTN is actually doing this.

Re: Why Is MTN Telling People To Go And Update Their Details? by Krak(m): 3:58pm On Aug 01, 2019
kaorama:
The way some people talk on phone, it's obvious many have lost their sanity.

Meaning?
Re: Why Is MTN Telling People To Go And Update Their Details? by Nobody: 4:13pm On Aug 01, 2019
Krak:

Meaning?
MTN wan re-set people sanity to factory fitting
Re: Why Is MTN Telling People To Go And Update Their Details? by Krak(m): 6:02pm On Aug 01, 2019
kaorama:

MTN wan re-set people sanity to factory fitting

They can lose valuable customers and their business in the process.
Re: Why Is MTN Telling People To Go And Update Their Details? by drjprince: 9:03pm On Aug 01, 2019
falcon01:
I also received this message on the screen of my Bugatti La Voiture Noire smiley
hehe grin
Re: Why Is MTN Telling People To Go And Update Their Details? by realsammie(m): 11:26pm On Aug 01, 2019
I have done this sim update twice in previous years and MTN still asking me to go update my sim again. Went to their office in Zaria today, see crowd, turn back jejely to my house. MTN IS MAD
Re: Why Is MTN Telling People To Go And Update Their Details? by Krak(m): 6:43am On Aug 02, 2019
realsammie:
I have done this sim update twice in previous years and MTN still asking me to go update my sim again. Went to their office in Zaria today, see crowd, turn back jejely to my house. MTN IS MAD

I dont know maybe their database expires like a substandard chinese product.

Re: Why Is MTN Telling People To Go And Update Their Details? by LaMujer: 11:06am On Aug 08, 2019
realsammie:

What time did you go?

I want to go too. So I go time myself
Re: Why Is MTN Telling People To Go And Update Their Details? by realsammie(m): 8:01pm On Aug 08, 2019
LaMujer:

What time did you go?

I want to go too. So I go time myself

I have done mine. I went around 8:am but got to do it around 1:pm because of crowd
Re: Why Is MTN Telling People To Go And Update Their Details? by LaMujer: 8:13pm On Aug 08, 2019
realsammie:

I have done mine. I went around 8:am but got to do it around 1:pm because of crowd

WTH!!!!

I was targeting 7am o. I guess I'll have to wait until Monday. But Monday is public holiday. I wanted to go tomorrow but I haven't done my affidavit yet. And tomorrow is Friday. Na wa o
Re: Why Is MTN Telling People To Go And Update Their Details? by realsammie(m): 8:18pm On Aug 08, 2019
LaMujer:

WTH!!!!

I was targeting 7am o. I guess I'll have to wait until Monday. But Monday is public holiday. I wanted to go tomorrow but I haven't done my affidavit yet. And tomorrow is Friday. Na wa o

they also work on Saturdays but close by 1pm
Re: Why Is MTN Telling People To Go And Update Their Details? by LaMujer: 8:21pm On Aug 08, 2019
realsammie:

they also work on Saturdays but close by 1pm

Do you think I can go twice?

Like, go as early as 7 am, then get my number, then return to Samaru to get the affidavit done, and get back there?

Is it possible
Re: Why Is MTN Telling People To Go And Update Their Details? by realsammie(m): 8:59pm On Aug 08, 2019
LaMujer:

Do you think I can go twice?

Like, go as early as 7 am, then get my number, then return to Samaru to get the affidavit done, and get back there?

Is it possible

It is very possible but i will advice you go around 8 am because if u go around 7am, u will likely be among the first or second set to register. why not go around 8 or 9am. By then people would have gather and u can write your name and go. but be sure to be back in 3 hours time. what i observe now is dat d registration is faster now unlike past weeks.
Re: Why Is MTN Telling People To Go And Update Their Details? by LaMujer: 9:03pm On Aug 08, 2019
realsammie:

It is very possible but i will advice you go around 8 am because if u go around 7am, u will likely be among the first or second set to register. why not go around 8 or 9am. By then people would have gather and u can write your name and go. but be sure to be back in 3 hours time. what i observe now is dat d registration is faster now unlike past weeks.

I want to carry out a SIM swap. Not registration. I guess 7:30 then, I'll probably arrive at past 8

COD Mobile Or PUBG Mobile? / Watch Out Transsion (Tecno): Samsung and Nokia are Coming for Your Lowend Market / Nokia 6.1 My Worse Experience