Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,453 members, 7,819,666 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:15 PM

COD Mobile Or PUBG Mobile? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / COD Mobile Or PUBG Mobile? (3431 Views)

Live Pictures From Nigeria's First PUBG Mobile Gaming Competition In Lagos / Infinix S5 PES 2020, Asphalt 9, Call Of Duty And PUBG Mobile Gameplay (photos) / Download PUBG Mobile Lite Apk + Obb Game File For Android (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

COD Mobile Or PUBG Mobile? by Yagazee: 12:50pm On Oct 22, 2019
These are the top shooting titles on ios and Android. They both attempted to cook the same meal with different spices. So here is my comparison between the two:

1. Different Graphics Engine.
While PUBG uses Unreal Engine 4, COD uses Unity. Since d graphics are built using different engines, the results differs and will depend on what u like. While Unreal engine offers realism in both environment and physics, Unity only attempted to do so.

2. Hardware Demands
COD is less demanding. For this reason, there are phones that can run COD than PUBG so this is a plus. Although PUBG Lite was intended to run on low spec phones but if ur phone can run COD, u will find the lite version of PUBG a waste of time, space and data.

3. Battery Consumption.
The difference in battery consumption btw these 2 titles is very significant. U will play rounds of COD than PUBG on a single charge. Although a new PUBG update addressed this issue a little, the significance is still clear. Games running on Unreal Engine 4 are never battery friendly. Example is the PES 19 & 20.

4. Server Connection
COD wins in this aspect. U will enjoy better server metering on COD than on PUBG. Activision, producers of COD are more experienced in the gaming world and already have plenty servers. All they did was to convert some to support mobile.

5. Gameplay
There is a lot difference here. I will mention only the significant ones.
In PUBG, u r a regular guy with a goal to survive, while COD, u r a soldier on a mission, survival still matters. So the environments, cars and conversations tells the story better.
COD has more moments of combats. U can play PUBG for like 10 minutes with no 1 shooting at u while that's not so on COD. Pls note that combats in PUBG can get so intense and overwhelming than on COD.
Guns. In COD u can take rounds of getting shot and stand tall. For this reason, u will b more relaxed and a little careless on COD. U try that in PUBG, u will hit the lobby to play another match. Note that snipper rifle are very lethal in COD.

6. Game Modes
Classic mode/Battle royal. PUBG is miles ahead of COD in battle royal. Infact, I don't think there is a future for COD in this mode. From environment, maps, weather, sound and places. Although in COD, u have helicopter to fly, rocket launchers, and ability to bring back a dead team mate, PUBG also promised an update with those features. We will see how they implement it.
Teams death match/multiplayer. This is where COD showed they are here for business, they've come for real. It's so amazing what u get. Great visuals, diverse environment, diverse war equipment and operations. U can shoot, launch drones, mount machine guns, call airstrike and so on..

Verdict
It depends on what u want. They are both great games, addictive and available for free.
That's all I can say to help u choose which to play.

9 Likes

Re: COD Mobile Or PUBG Mobile? by Onyeka90210(m): 9:29am On Oct 23, 2019
Broooo, PUBG is for boys, CODM is for men, PUBG is purely shoot to kill, will CODM has a more tactical approach.
A true gamer, I mean a pc or console gamer, someone that has been playing solo games for longer will prefer CODM. A mobile gamer should not have a say.

9 Likes

Re: COD Mobile Or PUBG Mobile? by sigidi5: 10:43am On Oct 23, 2019
I have snapdragon 845 phone
that COD na bomb but I stopped playing it because they just dey shoot me like bush meat anyhow

16 Likes

Re: COD Mobile Or PUBG Mobile? by TissuePaper: 11:53am On Oct 23, 2019
sigidi5:
that COD na bomb but I stopped playing it because they just dey shoot me like bush meat anyhow
Samsung?
Re: COD Mobile Or PUBG Mobile? by Sultan5(m): 12:15pm On Oct 23, 2019
Onyeka90210:
Broooo, PUBG is for boys, CODM is for men, PUBG is purely shoot to kill, will CODM has a more tactical approach.
A true gamer, I mean a pc or console gamer, someone that has been playing solo games for longer will prefer CODM. A mobile gamer should not have a say.

Why shouldn't mobile gamers have a say aren't they the ones more actively playing these games? Infact their opinion in this regard trumps that of pc and console gamers. They are the ones with more intricate knowledge and experience about all things mobile gaming. And guess what these games were made for mobile gamers so come down from your high horse and stop making everything a pissing contest.

That said I totally disagree with your assertion about COD being more tactical. PUBG is a winner in this regard especially in classic battles where if you go gun blazing, you will find yourself in the lobby. CODM is less so as you can take more hits compared to PUBG, so chances are you will still be standing after a reckless charge.

PUBG is for men actually. I remember telling a friend joking how CODM recruits were failed PUBG players. The game is too easy especially the battle royal. I can play it 5 times and win at least 3 times. Whereas PUBG is a different ball game as it makes you work for that chicken dinner. Out of 5 would probably win 1 or 2.

But I do admit the game modes of CODM are amazing. I personally like the search and destroy mode. They are really cool and I agree with the op as this is where CODM has PUBG beat.

But it depends on your personal taste really. The friend I spoke about prefer playin CODM as he wins alot there compared to PUBG. They are both great games but for me PUBG has more realistic graphics and presents a better challenge in survival mode.

12 Likes

Re: COD Mobile Or PUBG Mobile? by sigidi5: 12:25pm On Oct 23, 2019
TissuePaper:
Samsung?
lg v35
Re: COD Mobile Or PUBG Mobile? by naijasensei: 2:12pm On Oct 23, 2019
Onyeka90210:

I disagree with you, aren't they both mobile games again? Are we not comparing PUBG Mobile to Call Of Duty Mobile? Of course only mobile gamers should have a say. Mind you, both games exist on the most popular platforms; mobile, PC, and consoles.
I agree with most of the OP's points, but to each his own. I play PUBG mobile, for now, and I love it. I didn't download CODM because I believe both games are very similar, with some very minute differences.
PUBG requires tactics, thought, cunning, and guile just like Call Of Duty. If go guns blazing in PUBG, your character will have very slim chances of survival.

6 Likes

Re: COD Mobile Or PUBG Mobile? by Mkmoney(m): 7:20pm On Oct 23, 2019
PUBG anyday anytime

1 Like

Re: COD Mobile Or PUBG Mobile? by kvngjesse(m): 7:50pm On Oct 23, 2019
Pubg mobile anyday
Re: COD Mobile Or PUBG Mobile? by CharlesJok3r: 10:41pm On Oct 23, 2019
Onyeka90210:
I laff in ijebu grin grin grin.
PubgMobile is tactical as well as CODmobile. Not much of a difference between this two games, infact they are on the same level
A true gamer, I mean a pc or console gamer, someone that has been playing solo games for longer will prefer CODM
Yeah any active player and lover of games like Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege & Ghost Recon, CS:GO and Battle Field on PC will find CODmobile more attractive and addictive than PubgMobile.
Re: COD Mobile Or PUBG Mobile? by iheartellah(m): 1:45am On Oct 24, 2019
CODM is great for multiplayer battles while pubg is great for battle royale. Period!!!

7 Likes

Re: COD Mobile Or PUBG Mobile? by Onyeka90210(m): 1:34pm On Oct 24, 2019
CharlesJok3r:

I laff in ijebu grin grin grin.
PubgMobile is tactical as well as CODmobile. Not much of a difference between this two games, infact they are on the same level
Yeah any active player and lover of games like Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege & Ghost Recon, CS:GO and Battle Field on PC will find CODmobile more attractive and addictive than PubgMobile.
Well said.
Re: COD Mobile Or PUBG Mobile? by Onyeka90210(m): 1:42pm On Oct 24, 2019
Sultan5:

Why shouldn't mobile gamers have a say aren't they the ones more actively playing these games? Infact their opinion in this regard trumps that of pc and console gamers. They are the ones with more intricate knowledge and experience about all things mobile gaming. And guess what these games were made for mobile gamers so come down from your high horse and stop making everything a pissing contest.

That said I totally disagree with your assertion about COD being more tactical. PUBG is a winner in this regard especially in classic battles where if you go gun blazing, you will find yourself in the lobby. CODM is less so as you can take more hits compared to PUBG, so chances are you will still be standing after a reckless charge.

PUBG is for men actually. I remember telling a friend joking how CODM recruits were failed PUBG players. The game is too easy especially the battle royal. I can play it 5 times and win at least 3 times. Whereas PUBG is a different ball game as it makes you work for that chicken dinner. Out of 5 would probably win 1 or 2.

But I do admit the game modes of CODM are amazing. I personally like the search and destroy mode. They are really cool and I agree with the op as this is where CODM has PUBG beat.

But it depends on your personal taste really. The friend I spoke about prefer playin CODM as he wins alot there compared to PUBG. They are both great games but for me PUBG has more realistic graphics and presents a better challenge in survival mode.
See ehn, anyone can play a mobile game, even a toddler, but when they call hardcore gamers, it’s pc and console, mobile is a joke.
And if PUBG, were great, why are they trying to copy CODM?, I mean their features,
Guy, I play both, and I’m sure I outrank you in both,
You that just played a couple bronze game, can’t have a say, do and enter pro or master, then you can come here and say it’s shii.
Re: COD Mobile Or PUBG Mobile? by Onyeka90210(m): 1:48pm On Oct 24, 2019
Onyeka90210:

See ehn, anyone can play a mobile game, even a toddler, but when they call hardcore gamers, it’s pc and console, mobile is a joke.
And if PUBG, were great, why are they trying to copy CODM?, I mean their features,
You that just played a couple bronze game, can’t have a say, do and enter pro or master, then you can come here and say it’s shii.

2 Likes

Re: COD Mobile Or PUBG Mobile? by Sultan5(m): 2:12pm On Oct 24, 2019
Onyeka90210:

Still with the pissing contest undecided are so insecure you can't state your points without trying boost your ego? Am not even going to dignify your antics with a response. I will respond to your other statements. But lemme just inject this, we weren't discussing who hardcore gamers are we were discussing if mobile gamers should have a say.

With that said, CODM has great features no doubt, but was that what you said in your 1st post? Your bone of contention was on which was more strategic which you claimed was CODM. I disagreed giving you reasons why I did which you strategically avoided. Issoryt

The features CODM has that PUBG are planning on incorporating is the dogtags stuff which is very cool. Doesn't in anyway make CODM more strategic than PUBG.

I mean your all over the place pick a poison, lets trash it out before moving onto something else. But no you keep shifting post upandan if na so them dey do, you think say Ronaldo for don score 700 goals by now?

PS you may even outrank the creators of PUBG but it doesn't change the fact mobile gamers have more say on mobile games than pc and console gamers which also anyone can play too just so you know. Heck! An embryo with less than two weeks intrauterine life can effectively play pc and console games grin
Lemme come and be going grin grin

6 Likes

Re: COD Mobile Or PUBG Mobile? by AlphaStyles(m): 2:35pm On Oct 24, 2019
Lolz funny thread
Re: COD Mobile Or PUBG Mobile? by Onyeka90210(m): 4:56pm On Oct 24, 2019
Sultan5:

Still with the pissing contest undecided are so insecure you can't state your points without trying boost your ego? Am not even going to dignify your antics with a response. I will respond to your other statements. But lemme just inject this, we weren't discussing who hardcore gamers are we were discussing if mobile gamers should have a say.

With that said, CODM has great features no doubt, but was that what you said in your 1st post? Your bone of contention was on which was more strategic which you claimed was CODM. I disagreed giving you reasons why I did which you strategically avoided. Issoryt

The features CODM has that PUBG are planning on incorporating is the dogtags stuff which is very cool. Doesn't in anyway make CODM more strategic than PUBG.

I mean your all over the place pick a poison, lets trash it out before moving onto something else. But no you keep shifting post upandan if na so them dey do, you think say Ronaldo for don score 700 goals by now?

PS you may even outrank the creators of PUBG but it doesn't change the fact mobile gamers have more say on mobile games than pc and console gamers which also anyone can play too just so you know. Heck! An embryo with less than two weeks intrauterine life can effectively play pc and console games grin
Lemme come and be going grin grin
K
Re: COD Mobile Or PUBG Mobile? by TeddyKelly(m): 7:41pm On Oct 26, 2019
Onyeka90210:

Bro anybody fit play PC and console too......
Then u cum dey talk about outrank wen d other guy no ask 4 ur rank......my guess Gold

5 Likes

Re: COD Mobile Or PUBG Mobile? by VillageGuyArts: 4:34pm On Nov 01, 2019
Onyeka90210:

Lol, this guy you're funny.
My brother, any body can play anything. Be it Pc, console or mobile.
And what has your rank got to do in the conversation? No one asked you and no one is arguing about that with you.
It's all for fun man. Play what you enjoy most and let other play theirs. Everyone will always have a different opinion from yours.

7 Likes

Re: COD Mobile Or PUBG Mobile? by meshachdbuzz(m): 6:07pm On Nov 01, 2019
The facts that hackers are much in pubg makes it very annoying for me..have not played pubg in weeks now
And the way my pings gets high eeh gush sometimes I will b having 987 ping I will just exist..

3 Likes

Re: COD Mobile Or PUBG Mobile? by Baddestguyp(m): 12:03pm On Nov 14, 2019
Onyeka90210:

stick to ur PC and console games cos u obviously know nothing about mobile games...no sane person can say COD is more tactical than pubg

4 Likes

Re: COD Mobile Or PUBG Mobile? by Bahddo(m): 6:55pm On Dec 10, 2019
You forgot to include hacking. PUBG is a den of hackers. To their credit, they ban the ones they catch.

5 Likes

Re: COD Mobile Or PUBG Mobile? by shamsultygov: 9:14am On Dec 17, 2019
COD has a storyline while PUBG has nothing. However, currently only the Indian market can play this game so I need VPN apps from techbigs.
Re: COD Mobile Or PUBG Mobile? by Ifeanyi4491(m): 11:22am On Dec 17, 2019
shamsultygov:
COD has a storyline while PUBG has nothing. However, currently only the Indian market can play this game so I need VPN apps from techbigs.
And what's the the storyline in COD

4 Likes

Re: COD Mobile Or PUBG Mobile? by Ifeanyi4491(m): 11:23am On Dec 17, 2019
Bahddo:
You forgot to include hacking. PUBG is a den of hackers. To their credit, they ban the ones they catch.
am not sure of this hack of a thin because someone can purchase bullet proof with real money

2 Likes

Re: COD Mobile Or PUBG Mobile? by Bahddo(m): 9:18pm On Dec 17, 2019
Ifeanyi4491:
am not sure of this hack of a thin because someone can purchase bullet proof with real money
http://www.pubgmobile.com/banlist/
Re: COD Mobile Or PUBG Mobile? by Bahddo(m): 9:19pm On Dec 17, 2019
shamsultygov:
COD mobile has no storyline. You probably mean the console and PC versions
Re: COD Mobile Or PUBG Mobile? by Nobody: 5:51pm On Apr 14, 2020
I prefer COD
Re: COD Mobile Or PUBG Mobile? by surajpal8447: 10:10am On May 21, 2020
Re: COD Mobile Or PUBG Mobile? by Criptofxt10: 1:46pm On May 21, 2020
sigidi5:
which phone be that ?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nokia 6.1 My Worse Experience / Iphone Lovers Come Hither! / TECNO Eyes Increased Sale Of Camon Phones In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.