Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,108 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:13 PM

Yar'adua Drops Nuhu Ribadu As Igp - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yar'adua Drops Nuhu Ribadu As Igp (1363 Views)

Little Girl Tells Nuhu Gidado She Will Be A Deputy Gov Too / NPC Confirms M.D Abubakar As IGP / FG Appoints Nuhu Ribadu As Chairman Petroleum Revenue Task Force (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yar'adua Drops Nuhu Ribadu As Igp by software(m): 11:25am On May 13, 2007
The chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), Mallam Nuhu Ribadu may have lost out in the jostle for the position of Inspector-General of Police (IGP) in the incoming administration of Alhaji Umar Yar’Adau, according to authoritative presidency sources,

Source:http://www.sunnewsonline.com
Sun news paper of May 13 2007
Re: Yar'adua Drops Nuhu Ribadu As Igp by DisGuy: 9:01pm On May 13, 2007
could this connected to the fact that most 'juicy' positions are with/linked to the northerners?
Re: Yar'adua Drops Nuhu Ribadu As Igp by BigB11(m): 9:19pm On May 13, 2007
I'm not going to be surprised to discover that OBJ has something to do with this new development.

As far as OBJ is concern, Ribadu's project has been completed; Ribadu was used and dropped just like the rest.
At this point, it will be too dangerous and risky to give Ribadu too much power before or after May 29.

Moreover, I feel that Ribadu is not too happy about the outcome of all his fake investigations that were implemented by OBJ. This outcome has damaged Mr.Ribadu's image drastically and the only way for him to correct things and polish up his image is by going after his boss after May 29.

Obj on the other hand, knows this fact and I'm not sure if he's willing to take the chance; therefore the right thing to do at this point is to disable Ribadu all together.

This fact is not confirmed, I may be wrong
Re: Yar'adua Drops Nuhu Ribadu As Igp by DisGuy: 9:27pm On May 13, 2007
what makes you think the next dude wont go after obj or his croonies?

IGP is different from EFCC chairman right ?
Re: Yar'adua Drops Nuhu Ribadu As Igp by feelgood(m): 9:34pm On May 13, 2007
Big B1 YOUR LAST SENTENCE SAYS IT ALL. ALSO I TAKE THINGS FROM THE SUN WITH A PINCH OF SALT- THEY ALWAYS HAVE 'JUICY' STORIES FROM 'IMPECCABLE' SOURCES
Re: Yar'adua Drops Nuhu Ribadu As Igp by software(m): 9:37pm On May 13, 2007
Hmmn i agree with u guys. I think its just some politics being played, But Sincerly speacking, I dont think he Should even rise to the Post of a CP
Re: Yar'adua Drops Nuhu Ribadu As Igp by software(m): 9:42pm On May 13, 2007
Today, While speaking with a Police Top official, who is a very close friend and a one time boss to Ribadu, confirmed that he didnt attend lots of the training they go for in the Police Force, E.g, He said b4 one could become a CP, He or she needs to attend the War Academy,
Re: Yar'adua Drops Nuhu Ribadu As Igp by BigB11(m): 9:44pm On May 13, 2007
Posted by Dis Guy

1. Yes, EFCC is different from IGP; in an organized and sensible environment, both entities suppose to work together as one. Their objective should be similar if it's not the same. But in our society, things are done differently; it's all about eat and I eat or how much you can eat while the rest die of starvation.

2. OBJ is better off to be investigated by someone else or anybody as long as the entity is not Ribadu.

Could you imagine being abused or tortured by your own weapon?
It's not pleasant.
My man, OBJ has absolutely no chance if he's investigated by Ribadu.

My point, it will be degrading, humiliating and unbearable to be investigated by Ribadu. No one wants to be fed by his or her own medicine.
Re: Yar'adua Drops Nuhu Ribadu As Igp by software(m): 10:36pm On May 13, 2007
Dis Guy:

Normally, the EFCC should be under the police and not independent, their functions should be the function of the SSS,
Re: Yar'adua Drops Nuhu Ribadu As Igp by 9ja4eva: 9:54am On May 14, 2007
Big B1:

I'm not going to be surprised to discover that OBJ has something to do with this new development.

As far as OBJ is concern, Ribadu's project has been completed; Ribadu was used and dropped just like the rest.
At this point, it will be too dangerous and risky to give Ribadu too much power before or after May 29.

Moreover, I feel that Ribadu is not too happy about the outcome of all his fake investigations that were implemented by OBJ. This outcome has damaged Mr.Ribadu's image drastically and the only way for him to correct things and polish up his image is by going after his boss after May 29.

Obj on the other hand, knows this fact and I'm not sure if he's willing to take the chance; therefore the right thing to do at this point is to disable Ribadu all together.

This fact is not confirmed, I may be wrong

I think so tooo
Re: Yar'adua Drops Nuhu Ribadu As Igp by McKren(m): 12:05pm On May 14, 2007
Some journalists just dream and broadcast it for public consumption.

I think its hi-time our journalist begin to state their so called "impeccable sources"

Dropping the most popular Government official is as good as political succide and trust me Yaradua will not take that risk. That will simply throw his credibility to the mud. It is like dropping Dora Akunyili abruptly.

People are just funny, If OBJ had plans to disable Ribadu why promote him twice in 1year? with the latest promotion coming few months to his handover.
Re: Yar'adua Drops Nuhu Ribadu As Igp by sojiboy(m): 2:21pm On May 14, 2007
what ever they like let them do.
but if it is true,
they have started betraying thierself and you know what dat mean
OBJ will drop that post and wil never smell it again
Re: Yar'adua Drops Nuhu Ribadu As Igp by McKren(m): 4:36pm On May 14, 2007
This was how some of us spearheaded campaigns here when Ribadu's tenure as EFCC boss was yet to be extended. They did not want his tenure extended. If the same set of people are so quick to celebrate unexistent dropping of Ribadu by Yaradua I guess we must ask ourselves why. What has Ribadu done to them

Frankly I will prefer Ribadu to continue as EFCC boss, because making him IG will pile unnecessary pressure on him to succeed. Besides that the over 60 police officers who will loose their jobs might work against him behind the scene to bring him down. However if Ribadu is given the post and he thinks he can deliver as IG he has my full support.
Re: Yar'adua Drops Nuhu Ribadu As Igp by Afam(m): 5:22pm On May 14, 2007
What I find very difficult to understand is that BigB1 is ready to die defending IBB inspite of his many atrocities but will be the first to criticize OBJ and complain about his excesses.

BigB1 to me is doing more harm than good to his person with this position that defies all logic.
Re: Yar'adua Drops Nuhu Ribadu As Igp by Mamajama(m): 6:04pm On May 14, 2007
I have juicy info on this news, but it's strictly confidential. The next IGP has already been chosen. for the guy that said police war school, there is no such place as police war school.
Re: Yar'adua Drops Nuhu Ribadu As Igp by lakeside4love(m): 7:09pm On May 14, 2007
Mamajama u be complete Obasanjo die-hard-fan,
Re: Yar'adua Drops Nuhu Ribadu As Igp by McKren(m): 7:18pm On May 14, 2007
MAMAJAMA:

I have juicy info on this news, but it's strictly confidential. The next IGP has already been chosen. for the guy that said police war school, there is no such place as police war school.

I have watched with keen interest how particular you have been on police affairs. Please if you dont mind can you share your juicy info on this thread so that when it turns out to be right I will be sure I have someone to run to for advice on police affairs. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Yar'adua Drops Nuhu Ribadu As Igp by BigB11(m): 7:42pm On May 14, 2007
Posted by Afam
What I find very difficult to understand is that BigB1 is ready to die defending IBB inspite of his many atrocities but will be the first to criticize OBJ and complain about his excesses.

BigB1 to me is doing more harm than good to his person with this position that defies all logic.

That was absolutely unnecessary!
You need to apologize for vigorously degrading my sincere intention for my country and my integrity.

If you pay attention to my post you will quickly realize that I did not criticize anybody. The statement was nothing, but a mere speculation (eventhough most of my speculations usually become real, but still I do not think I deserve this from you).
How did you come up with your degrading and ridiculous conclusion? Do you know me?

My man, I'm totally disappointed; You're bigger and better to make such a careless statement.
Re: Yar'adua Drops Nuhu Ribadu As Igp by software(m): 8:49pm On May 14, 2007
MAMAJAMA:

I have juicy info on this news, but it's strictly confidential.  The next IGP has already been chosen.  for the guy that said police war school, there is no such place as police war school.

Oops!

I didnt say police war school. What i said was the WAR ACADEMY,   it is part of the requirments to become an IGP.

As for the Next IGP i think it would be one of those senior DIG's there,  I suspect Dudari not so sure of my spelling.. But i learnt he is the DIG (D) Police force Hqs Abuja
Re: Yar'adua Drops Nuhu Ribadu As Igp by Mamajama(m): 9:25pm On May 14, 2007
software no offense but there is no such place or thing as police war academy. we have police academy but its is not a requirement to be a CP or IG . People that knows me knows where my reliable source is coming from, be on the look out for my post on the 25th. if you are curious ASK BIGB1.

Afam please say sorry to BIGB1 before he report you to IBB. Bigy wuz up
Re: Yar'adua Drops Nuhu Ribadu As Igp by software(m): 9:58pm On May 14, 2007
MAMAJAMA:

software no offense but there is no such place or thing as police war academy. we have police academy but its is not a requirement to be a CP or IG . People that knows me knows where my reliable source is coming from, be on the look out for my post on the 25th. if you are curious ASK BIGB1.

Afam please say sorry to BIGB1 before he report you to IBB. Bigy wuz up

Aiight Bro,
Lets wait and see
Re: Yar'adua Drops Nuhu Ribadu As Igp by 9ja4eva: 6:00am On May 15, 2007
MAMAJAMA:

Hope the new person is capable.
Re: Yar'adua Drops Nuhu Ribadu As Igp by saintchux(m): 3:43pm On May 15, 2007
MAMAJAMA:

I was at Aso rock when the new IGP was being interviewed. keep ur finger crossed, I will tell u the person in matter of days.
Re: Yar'adua Drops Nuhu Ribadu As Igp by Mamajama(m): 4:00pm On May 15, 2007
saintchux stop dreaming you cant even get to maitama talk less of ASO ROCK.
Re: Yar'adua Drops Nuhu Ribadu As Igp by olutomiwa(m): 8:31pm On May 15, 2007
saintchux:

I was at Aso rock when the new IGP was being interviewed. keep your finger crossed, I will tell u the person in matter of days.
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm,bottom power,abeg i no talk anything o,make you no send dem come after me o,i no dey abuja,i dey LEAVE for afghanistan. grin
Re: Yar'adua Drops Nuhu Ribadu As Igp by closetpervert(m): 8:32pm On May 15, 2007
foolish,
Re: Yar'adua Drops Nuhu Ribadu As Igp by software(m): 9:46pm On May 15, 2007
closetpervert:

foolish,

Can u pls expanciate on that pls? What does that mean? I for one really cant place it.

(1) (Reply)

What's Ur Sincere Wish 4 Naija @ 50? / Borno: Ndigbo Launches N500m Skill Acquisition Centre. / The Crimes Of Gen. Muhammadu Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.