Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,976 members, 7,952,935 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 07:43 AM

Imo Government Takes Over Eastern Palm University, Scraps New Institutions - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Imo Government Takes Over Eastern Palm University, Scraps New Institutions (38982 Views)

Uzodimma Seals Okorocha’s Eastern Palm University, 24 Hours To Matriculation / Eastern Palm University To Offer Automatic Scholarship To Outstanding Jambites / The Eastern Palm University Built By Rochas Okorocha - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Imo Government Takes Over Eastern Palm University, Scraps New Institutions by Nobody: 12:02pm On Aug 01, 2019
Kizito2nv:
Funny thing is people hailing ihedioha forget this is politics, I am from Imo state but it's a shame we igbo people don't know how to play politics,

To start with Rochas when he entered office wanted to decongest imsu by building this present Eastern palms but the same imolites cried that he is moving imsu to orlu zone.

Rochas started the project and finished it i have no info on how he got the funds

But if imolites had allowed him to build this school there would be no need for all this story

Rochas is a man of vision and he understands politics unfortunately people around him and those who work for him only care for the immediate gains

What ever you do whether private or public the school will remain in orlu zone

Who is losing.?

Until we igbos remove emotion from politics

WE ARE GOING NO WHERE

AND NOTHERNERS WILL RULE US TILL JESUS RETURNS
Rochas is a “Man or vision” You are definitely high...because you benefited from his government.
You said you “ HAVE NO INFO ON HOW HE GOT THE FUNDS” you didn’t read but decided to talk
Go to the streets of IMO and say this , if you won’t leave with plaster on your head
I’ve said this times without number, if you don’t reside in imo state and don’t know what is happening, why not just read and keep quiet.

1 Like

Re: Imo Government Takes Over Eastern Palm University, Scraps New Institutions by slap1(m): 12:06pm On Aug 01, 2019
hammerVJ:
WRONG MOVE.

WE NEED PRIVATE UNIVERSITY IN THE EAST, THAT ARE ADEQUATE AND STANDARD.

I REPEAT AGAIN, WE URGENTLY NEED MORE PRIVATE UNIVERSITY.

OKOROCHA SHOULD NOT BE AN EXAMPLE OF PEOPLE NOT INVESTING IN THEIR STATE.

AS MUCH AS I DISLIKE ROCHAS, DIS IS A WRONG MOVE.

POLITICS ASIDE, HE IS THE ONLY GOV THAT INVESTED IN SE EDUCATION, THE WAY I LIKE.

THAT LEGACY SHOULD BE LEFT OUT OF EFFCC HANDS AND ABOVE PARTY POLITICS.

ANYBODY THAT PLAYS WITH SCHOOLS, UNIVERSITY OR EDUCATION IN THE EAST, IS AN ENEMY OF NDIIGBO.

IHEDIOHA TAKE NOTE.

I DID NOT SAY, U SHOULD LEAVE ROCHAS, I AM SAYING LEAVE THE SCHOOLS AND UNIVERSITY ALONE.

IT IS NOT EASY TO SECURE FEDERAL APPROVAL FOR ADDITIONAL UNIVERSITY IN THE EAST

ROCHAS DID AND BUILT THE EASTERN PALM UNIVERSITY.

You are talking nonsense.

3 Likes

Re: Imo Government Takes Over Eastern Palm University, Scraps New Institutions by namio10: 12:07pm On Aug 01, 2019
ozimec:

Brother, I understand you but, you can suggest that the school be privatised so as to ensure standard and class. I am not in support that it should be left in the hand of the man who built it with state fund and converted it to his property (90%)
The only reason curruption thrive in this country is because of lack accountability from our politicians. Every politician should be held accountable after their administrations. Iam surprise that people here always speak against Ihedioha whenever he goes against misdeed of Past administration. I support Ihedioha to probe Rochas administration and let the after his administration probe him as well.

You understood nothing.

Why should the university be privatized while there are thousands of qualified university applicants from Imo state who need the university as part of Imo state university?
Some of you are pitiable in your parochialism in this Imo state.
Re: Imo Government Takes Over Eastern Palm University, Scraps New Institutions by AFONAMARO: 12:13pm On Aug 01, 2019
hammerVJ:
WAT I SAID IS TRUTH.

IF U CLAIM OKOROCHA LOOTED AND BUILT US UNIVERSITY, I PREFER THAT TO THOSE THAT WILL LOOT AND SEND THEIR CHILDREN TO STUDY IN LONDON AND US.

LOOT AND USE THE MONEY TO DEVELOP ABUJA OR LAGOS OR SEND IT ABROAD.

IS OKOROCHA THE FIRST OR LAST?

WILL IHEDIOHA NOT LOOT?

MIND U, AM NO SUPPORTER OF OKOROCHA. ABAGWORO CAN ATEST TO DAT HERE

What's your point exactly? If Imo State needs a private university, it should be funded privately. An individual should not use state funds to open an institution and claim ownership at the same time.

If the East are in dare need of a private university, let them approach private individuals to invest and operate one as its applicable in the West

1 Like

Re: Imo Government Takes Over Eastern Palm University, Scraps New Institutions by jaxxy(m): 12:17pm On Aug 01, 2019
loverboy442:
thunder fire you!

The hate u guys have will consume u. Continue instead of working sensibly I supported ihedioha bt this is bull$hit
Re: Imo Government Takes Over Eastern Palm University, Scraps New Institutions by namio10: 12:20pm On Aug 01, 2019
Kizito2nv:
Funny thing is people hailing ihedioha forget this is politics, I am from Imo state but it's a shame we igbo people don't know how to play politics,

To start with Rochas when he entered office wanted to decongest imsu by building this present Eastern palms but the same imolites cried that he is moving imsu to orlu zone.

Rochas started the project and finished it i have no info on how he got the funds

But if imolites had allowed him to build this school there would be no need for all this story

Rochas is a man of vision and he understands politics unfortunately people around him and those who work for him only care for the immediate gains

What ever you do whether private or public the school will remain in orlu zone

Who is losing.?

Until we igbos remove emotion from politics

WE ARE GOING NO WHERE

AND NOTHERNERS WILL RULE US TILL JESUS RETURNS

Those who opposed Rochas then when he wanted to build a better campus for IMSU in Ogboko are still the ones writing here and asking for Eastern Palm university to remain private.

I don't understand their mentalities, true.

Is it that they cannot leave their homes in Owerri area to go to Ogboko for university, or that making profits from renting houses to students in Owerri is their exclusive right?
Re: Imo Government Takes Over Eastern Palm University, Scraps New Institutions by namio10: 12:23pm On Aug 01, 2019
jaxxy:

The hate u guys have will consume u. Continue instead of working sensibly I supported ihedioha bt this is bull$hit

Bullshit for a state to have ultramodern structures for the state's university?

Go and create a state for yourself alone, where only you will have everything in the state. Imo state is for many people.

You are bullshitting here.

2 Likes

Re: Imo Government Takes Over Eastern Palm University, Scraps New Institutions by loverboy442: 12:30pm On Aug 01, 2019
jaxxy:

no one needs your support and you keep showing you are senseless by calling the retrieval of looted funds bull shit
Re: Imo Government Takes Over Eastern Palm University, Scraps New Institutions by jaxxy(m): 12:31pm On Aug 01, 2019
namio10:

Bullshit for a state to have ultramodern structures for the state's university?

Go and create a state for yourself alone, where only you will have everything in the state. Imo state is for many people.

You are bullshitting here.

Many people or everybody? My point is no sound news in imo state without okorocha’s name in it?
Re: Imo Government Takes Over Eastern Palm University, Scraps New Institutions by Nobody: 12:34pm On Aug 01, 2019
profjustine458:
Ihedioha should please come to Abuja, I'll personally show him more than 30 buildings owned by okorocha
Report his assets in Abuja to the Imo State recovery committee.
Re: Imo Government Takes Over Eastern Palm University, Scraps New Institutions by Nobody: 12:36pm On Aug 01, 2019
oluwaahmed:
Okorocha is a satanic crook. Use state funds to build a standard university then claimed it meanwhile IMSU is dilapidated. These guys are really wicked.
He is a useless corrupt Ogboni wasteman.

1 Like

Re: Imo Government Takes Over Eastern Palm University, Scraps New Institutions by jaxxy(m): 12:39pm On Aug 01, 2019
loverboy442:
no one needs your support and you keep showing you are senseless by calling the retrieval of looted funds bull shit

Dresses, banjo’s, air conditioners and generators are part of loot? Sounds like Comedy Central. Look at how other governors retrieved looted funds and properties without public disgrace and gangsterism
Re: Imo Government Takes Over Eastern Palm University, Scraps New Institutions by Ojukwubucket(m): 1:10pm On Aug 01, 2019
hammerVJ:
Go to SW, dey have Covenant University, babcock university etc

Many Igbos studying there, nobody in SE care.

Okorocha came and opened one, as if he read my mind and Ihedioha is closing it.

Ihedioha should not make us start hating him already, it is too early for dat.

Leave that School for Okorocha, anything School leave it and passover.

In fact, in the whole east, anything School should be left alone, as long as it is properly being managed.

There is a deficit of tertiary institution in SE.

God bless you my brother... U r truly an Igbo son....

There is scarcity of Private Universities in d East....

Many of our sons and daughters are in d west schooling...learning other cultures and languages while forgetting theirs
Re: Imo Government Takes Over Eastern Palm University, Scraps New Institutions by babakb: 1:25pm On Aug 01, 2019
Bolognese:
So my very intelligent Son is sent to a private Secondary School with gifted kids, and when WAEC and Jamb results are out, him and his classmates come out in flying colors, you'll claim it's the State Government's investment? No credit to the intelligent kids, the school management and their teachers but the state government? I see common sense is not common.

Apart from Unity Schools and a few Government Colleges, please how many government run schools perform well in Jamb and WAEC?

Please can you tell me how Rivers State performed in WAEC and Jamb from 2008 - 2015, since Amaechi also invested heavily in education.

For your information Rivers State is not SE but SS, we are discussing SE here.

What the SE governments did to the Education was active supervision and leadership, they ensured that there was no room for laggard teachers so that intelligent kids like yours could be well thought and mentored.

For example during the time of Peter Obi, he had the phone number of every senior prefect of every public secondary school in Anambra, because of that alone, Teachers and the School Management had to be very efficient in their jobs.
Re: Imo Government Takes Over Eastern Palm University, Scraps New Institutions by Nobody: 1:27pm On Aug 01, 2019
ceejee:

u are part of the problem and ur logic is very weird! anyone that encourages looting of public fund in anyway is a societal cancer like the looter himself and should be treated as such. the university was built with state fund. initially it was meant to be a permanent site for imsu but when the owerri Zone resisted the relocation of imsu, okorocha commandeered it. the govt has taken d first step by recovering it. the next thing to do is either make it a satellite campus for imsu or look for private investors that will manage it under favourable terms and conditions. stop arguing with poor logic and reasonings that will make u look stupid. sometimes u need to a break, read other comments and learn[b]. The first step in advance learning is UNLEARNING of spurious knowledge[/b].

May the Lord enlighten our understanding that we may reason as intelligent mind and not animals

You have said it all and the highlighted part also applies to so many commenters on this platform.

Thanks
Re: Imo Government Takes Over Eastern Palm University, Scraps New Institutions by wisdomkid: 1:27pm On Aug 01, 2019
In other news, IMSU has now enlarged! Gracious God, thank you for this governor!!!
Re: Imo Government Takes Over Eastern Palm University, Scraps New Institutions by nanauju(f): 1:47pm On Aug 01, 2019
GidiWoodsMan:
Ibo people with their nonsense logic as usual. . .

You're a very silly id1ot. Get the fvck off here before thunder strikes you dead. Notice me fo0l
Re: Imo Government Takes Over Eastern Palm University, Scraps New Institutions by Nobody: 1:53pm On Aug 01, 2019
It is so unfortunate that the emphasis here is not about corruption but the ownership of a property that was built with State's fund and owned by an individual and not the state whose funds where looted and used for the building of such properties?

Corruption is now brazenly being celebrated here and even justified with dumb rationalizations.

In saner climes, the properties would have been sealed up since it is a proceed aquired through defrauding of the state treasury and those involved would have been charged and remanded in prison while they make a defense on this allegations of defrauding the state government against them.

The issue of turning the seized properties into private or government owned institution is secondary for now, and if it is determined that those properties where built with looted funds from the state government then there is no basis for any argument here because the state will obviously be the owner of such properties and the state government is empowered to determine what it will do with it.

Corruption is the issue here and what to do with the proceeds of corruption is within the domain of the state government.
Re: Imo Government Takes Over Eastern Palm University, Scraps New Institutions by Nobody: 2:00pm On Aug 01, 2019
nanauju:

You're a very silly id1ot. Get the fvck off here before thunder strikes you dead. Notice me fo0l

Be like Shango wants to wet his double axe with your blood.

Anuofia
Re: Imo Government Takes Over Eastern Palm University, Scraps New Institutions by nanauju(f): 2:03pm On Aug 01, 2019
GidiWoodsMan:

Be like Shango wants to wet his double axe with your blood.

Anuofia

Go and sleep. Dead man
Re: Imo Government Takes Over Eastern Palm University, Scraps New Institutions by Ikennablue(m): 2:03pm On Aug 01, 2019
jlinkd78:
This is d boldest move from Ihedioha. Rochas deceitful approach in establishing a university with Imo State money and retaining 90% equity with d entire Imo left with paltry 10% was d most capitalist affront on a people by a wicked state henchman. I honestly never new d new sheriff in town will be audacious enough to retrieve this. I pray Ihedioha succeeds
Trust me, this is a good move, but every politicians has taken note, next time they won't build the university in their state, they will take it to other countries. Ihedioha should have been more diplomatic in handling this issue and not make it look like hunting
Re: Imo Government Takes Over Eastern Palm University, Scraps New Institutions by Ekealterego: 2:08pm On Aug 01, 2019
Ikennablue:
Trust me, this is a good move, but every politicians has taken note, next time they won't build the university in their state, they will take it to other countries. Ihedioha should have been more diplomatic in handling this issue and not make it look like hunting
Enough jare.. Will he move the land he acquired to another country? How will he get the funds approved? And in what ways and with what strategies will he use the govt fund to acquire the university in the state?.

This is just one of the schemes, do you know how many more investments he got abroad. This one here is just one of the numerous wealth he acquired using state legal powers
Re: Imo Government Takes Over Eastern Palm University, Scraps New Institutions by djon78(m): 2:22pm On Aug 01, 2019
Ikennablue:

That is my grouse with this whole thing
Which of these politicians that doesn't loot abysmally?
Everyone of them does

But at least this guy built a university in his state.
And they want to confiscate it.

Ihedioha must be very careful
He should leave Rocha's alone and focus on governance.
With the way he is going he may end up worse
Re: Imo Government Takes Over Eastern Palm University, Scraps New Institutions by abbasajao(m): 2:24pm On Aug 01, 2019
OKOROCHA tried to cover so many atrocities committed by trying to install son in-law. This serves him well
Re: Imo Government Takes Over Eastern Palm University, Scraps New Institutions by Nobody: 2:28pm On Aug 01, 2019
nanauju:

Go and sleep. Dead man

You won't live much longer yourself if you continue picking fights online here.

I had half a mind to set you up and burst all the teeth out of that potty-mouth of yours but I don't have time for a garbage filled cùnt like you right now.
Re: Imo Government Takes Over Eastern Palm University, Scraps New Institutions by LANDLORD72: 2:36pm On Aug 01, 2019
hammerVJ:

Nonsense, if the University was built in Benin Republic will dey go there to convert it to Imo State University?

I am not interested in unconfirmed claim.

I believe wat i wrote is very clear.

All the Govs in the east that have been looting i.e. Orji Kalu, Peter Obi, that u lot hail hero, how many invested in Education or even invested in the East?

I know Igbo people have envy and jealousy issue but if Ihedioha plays with this education legacy that Rochas has sowed in Imo, it will back fire on him.

Take note, i did not say leave Rochas but stay clear of our education in the East.

If he like, let him Sieze Rochas house or business, capture Rochas daughters and kidnap Rochas wife, i will hail him but School, University and Education, I will start disliking him.

And I like Ihedioha.
Are you an agent of Rochas okorocha
Re: Imo Government Takes Over Eastern Palm University, Scraps New Institutions by Maziyk: 2:43pm On Aug 01, 2019
Wrong move,the university can remained with difference name please
Re: Imo Government Takes Over Eastern Palm University, Scraps New Institutions by Justpd: 2:55pm On Aug 01, 2019
hammerVJ:
WRONG MOVE.

POLITICS ASIDE, HE IS THE ONLY GOV THAT INVESTED IN SE EDUCATION, THE WAY I LIKE.

ANYBODY THAT PLAYS WITH SCHOOLS, UNIVERSITY OR EDUCATION IN THE EAST, IS AN ENEMY OF NDIIGBO.

IHEDIOHA TAKE NOTE.

I DID NOT SAY, U SHOULD LEAVE ROCHAS, I AM SAYING LEAVE THE SCHOOLS AND UNIVERSITY ALONE.

I'm not sure you have sense I swear
Re: Imo Government Takes Over Eastern Palm University, Scraps New Institutions by nanauju(f): 3:02pm On Aug 01, 2019
GidiWoodsMan:

You won't live much longer yourself if you continue picking fights online here.

I had half a mind to set you up and burst all the teeth out of that potty-mouth of yours but I don't have time for a garbage filled cùnt like you right now.

You're a lost man! Go find your roots. Shameless poverty stricken idi0t
Re: Imo Government Takes Over Eastern Palm University, Scraps New Institutions by Bolognese: 3:06pm On Aug 01, 2019
Sir, we are talking about your fictitious claims about investment in Education yielding success in WAEC and Jamb.
You can't tell me you believe I don't know Rivers State is in the South South?

I'm from Abia State, can you please tell me exactly the investment in secondary education OUK, TAO and OVI all did to make ABIA consistently come tops in WAEC?

Is it by owing teachers' salaries or sacking non-indigenes, tell me what is the investment in education they did exactly?
babakb:

For your information Rivers State is not SE but SS, we are discussing SE here.

What the SE governments did to the Education was active supervision and leadership, they ensured that there was no room for laggard teachers so that intelligent kids like yours could be well thought and mentored.

For example during the time of Peter Obi, he had the phone number of every senior prefect of every public secondary school in Anambra, because of that alone, Teachers and the School Management had to be very efficient in their jobs.
Re: Imo Government Takes Over Eastern Palm University, Scraps New Institutions by fof1: 3:28pm On Aug 01, 2019
hammerVJ:
WRONG MOVE.

IHEDIOHA TAKE NOTE.

LOOTERS IN WAITING. PUBLICIST IN FRAUD AGGREGATION.
Re: Imo Government Takes Over Eastern Palm University, Scraps New Institutions by wasi9ice: 3:31pm On Aug 01, 2019
In my suggestion, the school should be managed by Rocha's foundation but the percentage for beneficiary should be reviewed.....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Reno Compares Nigerian Universities' Tuition Cost With That Of Other Countries / Michael Okpara University Students Worship God Under Heavy Rain,Photos Go Viral / Sylvester Oromoni: Autopsy Report Exonerates House Master, Others From Murder

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.