Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,424 members, 7,815,957 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:11 PM

5 Years After Divorce, Woman Donates Kidney To Her Ex - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 5 Years After Divorce, Woman Donates Kidney To Her Ex (266 Views)

Video Of Nwoko Eric, The Driver Who Donated His Kidney To His Boss' Brother / Taraba: Man Commits Suicide Over Fiance’es Reunion With Her Ex-Lover / Undying Love! Woman Donates Kidney To Save Husband’s Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

5 Years After Divorce, Woman Donates Kidney To Her Ex by stellapatu: 10:34am On Aug 01, 2019
A 43-year-old woman identified as Kelly Hope has been tagged selfless by many after she donated her kidney to her ex-husband, Dan Pyatt five years after their divorce.

It is gathered that Hope began dating Pyatt when they were 18 and they got married 13 years later, in 2007. However, Pyatt fell il with kidney disease less than a year after their wedding aHe was put on dialysis and on a deceased donor waiting list but 12 months on the waiting list and he had not yet getting a donor. By this time, the couple had divorced and Hope told him she would get tested for a transplant as she offered to donate one of her kidneys to him.

It is learned that it led to an argument between them as he told her he didn’t want her to do that. Hope recalls telling the father of her children on his sickbed:nd by September 2017, he was told his kidney function had fallen to just 8%.“I’m going to get tested for a transplant. “He said to me, ‘I can’t ask you to do that’. But I told him, ‘It’s not up to you. It’s my decision. I know what the risks are and I’m doing it. Even though we weren’t together any more, I wasn’t prepared to let my children be without a father.”

There was a snag after Kelly offered to donate her kidney, tests showed she was a good tissue match, but their blood didn’t match. After considering the risks, they decided on a blood-incompatible transplant which involves removing antibodies from the blood to prevent rejection. The operation was a success, and Pyatt was discharged just five days later.

More details; https://www.paxexlive.com/thread/5-years-after-divorce-woman-donates-kidney-to-her-ex

Re: 5 Years After Divorce, Woman Donates Kidney To Her Ex by Adepet222(f): 10:47am On Aug 01, 2019
Wow! Good woman with a Golden heart.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

NGO Signs Mou With Federal Government To Improve Oral Health Care / 10 Causes Of Enlarged Prostate And Best Method Of Treatment / Ofomata Philip discusses on a Better Review On Water Pollution.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.