Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,589 members, 7,812,914 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:22 PM

Video Of Nwoko Eric, The Driver Who Donated His Kidney To His Boss' Brother - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Video Of Nwoko Eric, The Driver Who Donated His Kidney To His Boss' Brother (39822 Views)

George Akume Applauds Ned Nwoko On Malaria Eradication Project / Man Raises Alarm After Buying "Not For Sale" USAID Donated Mosquito Net At Lekki / Lady Turns Down Marriage Proposal Of Man Who Donated His Kidney To Her (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Video Of Nwoko Eric, The Driver Who Donated His Kidney To His Boss' Brother by Supremos: 12:51pm On Oct 25, 2023

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msOYMd5sf7Q?si=waYjICSxH7qOlL9y

My boss deceived me into donating my kidney over empty $20m promise — Driver
By Evelyn Usman

A 42-year-old man, Nwoko Eric, yesterday, revealed how his former boss allegedly deceived him to donate one of his kidneys to his (the boss) younger brother, only to abandon him after the transplant was done.

Speaking with journalists yesterday, in Gbagada Estate, Phase 1, Lagos, the indigene of Abia State, who worked for the Managing Director of a company in Ikeja, explained that in 2018,his boss assigned him to be driving his ailing brother to the Saint Nicolas hospital, Lagos Island ,for dialysis while he (boss) was outside the country.

He said, “ When he returned to the country, he appreciated me for taking his brother to the hospital and informed me that his brother’s kidney had failed and that in the next one week , he might lose his life. He asked if I could donate one of my kidneys to him.

Thereafter, he told me to kneel down to pray for me and in the process, he rubbed a liquid substance on my head.

The Promise

“He told me that he would give me 20million dollars , buy a house for me in America and connect me to his rich friend in America where I would be driving big cars. I was excited.

“Thereafter, he called his brother to inform him that I had agreed to donate one of my kidneys to him. They took me to the hospital , I did many tests and the doctors said my kidney matched his brother’s.

“ I was admitted for three days and on the agreed day, the operation was done. They gave me some medicine . But since 2018 till date, I have not been receiving treatment.

Disagreement

“ A week after my boss rented an apartment for me, he directed me to resume work in the office, and that I would be paid N70,000 a month . He warned that anytime I failed to come to work over health issues , he would deduct N30,000 from my salary. Even when I complained that I was weak, he would shout at me , saying I could survive with one kidney.

“When I asked Mr Steve to give me the money and other promises he made before the donation, he kept delaying until I told my mother about what happened. All I want is for him to keep the promise he made before the surgery was done, so that I can survive with the remaining kidney I have . His brother is very healthy now, while I am dying . I was hungry and from a poor family. I thought giving one of my kidneys in exchange for compensation would change my life and my family’s.

Mother laments

His mother, Mrs Gloria Nwoko , said she had been trying to reach her son for some time without luck, unknown to her that he had donated his kidney.

She said, “ I have been wondering why he had not been picking my calls until October 13, 2023, when he called and told me what happened. We were living together until he suddenly relocated to Mowe, Ogun State.

“ At the moment, my son cannot walk . He needs medical help. He has lost so much weight . I am only requesting that Mr Steve should help my son survive like his brother. Yes , we are poor, but I believe the AIG will help us get justice”, she said.

Speaking also, Counsel to the victim, Tony Dania, revealed that when the victim was taken to Saint Nicholas Hospital , his boss’s younger sister whose identity he gave simply as Deborah, acted as the victim’s wife.

He said , “ after the operation carried out by one Dr Gbagboye, on December 22, 2018, his boss, Steve ,rented an apartment for him and asked him to stay away from the family.
“A good Samaritan took them to Zone 2 Police COmmand , where some policemen were detailed to arrest his boss.

“We want the Nigeria Police to see this as a test case and do its best. Organ sale is illegal and criminal. The person giving should give consent and there are procedures. Deborah is not the wife of the victim and she signed as one. This is also a case of forgery. A donor’s consent is needed for any surgery.

“In this case, Eric signed a document in an office , he did not read what he signed at Mr Steve’s office and in the hospital. His boss only told him to just say yes, so he did not ask a question. If the consent was obtained by deceit, then the consent cannot hold”, he maintained.

Police arrest victim’s boss

As of time of writing this report, owner of De-Akasten Global Limited, Ikeja, was still in Police custody at the Zone 2 Police Command, Onikan, Lagos.

When contacted, spokesperson for the Zone 2 Command, Onikan, Lagos, SP Hauwa Idris-Adamu , stated that Eric’s boss was at that moment being interrogated .

She said, “ He is being interrogated as we speak. I will get back to you after the interrogation.”

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/10/my-boss-deceived-me-into-donating-my-kidney-over-empty-20m-promise-driver/

2 Shares

Re: Video Of Nwoko Eric, The Driver Who Donated His Kidney To His Boss' Brother by Supremos: 12:53pm On Oct 25, 2023
We're living in the last days

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Video Of Nwoko Eric, The Driver Who Donated His Kidney To His Boss' Brother by SoNature(m): 1:01pm On Oct 25, 2023
His boss should be arrested and jailed. 95% of Nigerians are scammers. The boss scammed the poor driver; mugu wan collect millions of dollars 😁

151 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Video Of Nwoko Eric, The Driver Who Donated His Kidney To His Boss' Brother by Patrioticman007(m): 1:01pm On Oct 25, 2023
What a fraudulent act by the Boss. in Nigeria we say no campaign after election.

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Video Of Nwoko Eric, The Driver Who Donated His Kidney To His Boss' Brother by Bobloco: 1:02pm On Oct 25, 2023
It's a cruel world we live in

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Video Of Nwoko Eric, The Driver Who Donated His Kidney To His Boss' Brother by Coolsat(m): 1:02pm On Oct 25, 2023
Humans are indeed very wicked . This is very sad mehnnn

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Video Of Nwoko Eric, The Driver Who Donated His Kidney To His Boss' Brother by Holluwhakemmy(f): 1:02pm On Oct 25, 2023
All will be well

3 Likes

Re: Video Of Nwoko Eric, The Driver Who Donated His Kidney To His Boss' Brother by MorataFC: 1:03pm On Oct 25, 2023
This scenario serves as a valuable lesson for every one of us. When entering into a life-threatening agreement with someone, it is essential to take precautions such as collecting a 50% advance payment. If someone promises to give you100% of something, it should not be a challenge for them to provide half of it as an upfront payment.

BTW, I can't donate any part of my body in exchange for all the money in this world.

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Video Of Nwoko Eric, The Driver Who Donated His Kidney To His Boss' Brother by GboyegaD(m): 1:03pm On Oct 25, 2023
I wish there was a written agreement before he went ahead donating his kidney. Some of our rich people are very wicked to say the least.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Video Of Nwoko Eric, The Driver Who Donated His Kidney To His Boss' Brother by Easybet1(m): 1:03pm On Oct 25, 2023
Too bad

2 Likes

Re: Video Of Nwoko Eric, The Driver Who Donated His Kidney To His Boss' Brother by Gsentme(m): 1:03pm On Oct 25, 2023
Business deal gon wrong

5 Likes

Re: Video Of Nwoko Eric, The Driver Who Donated His Kidney To His Boss' Brother by culeca: 1:03pm On Oct 25, 2023
Things dey happen inside this world wey we dey oh

So he now have just one kidney

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Video Of Nwoko Eric, The Driver Who Donated His Kidney To His Boss' Brother by Vintage100(m): 1:03pm On Oct 25, 2023
This is callousness on the part of the boss, the victim should have ensured 50%(at least) of the amount promised credited to his account before donating

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Video Of Nwoko Eric, The Driver Who Donated His Kidney To His Boss' Brother by socialjustice93: 1:04pm On Oct 25, 2023
Another Ekweremadu shege loading for Nwoko's boss.

34 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Video Of Nwoko Eric, The Driver Who Donated His Kidney To His Boss' Brother by nellybadas: 1:04pm On Oct 25, 2023
He for collect part payment and sign something at least first before committing

5 Likes

Re: Video Of Nwoko Eric, The Driver Who Donated His Kidney To His Boss' Brother by RingRoadCartel: 1:04pm On Oct 25, 2023
The difference between this case and the Ekweremadus case is that the U.K doctors were smart enough to probe the young man and find out if he knows what he's getting himself into. Their Nigerian counterparts, however, do not give a shyt. They will even help the 'big man' conceal it.

Imagine telling this naive man that you will give him 20 million dollars, his kidney na gold? 🤣🤣
A simple probe from the doctors would've revealed the fraud, that's if they weren't in on it too.

95 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Video Of Nwoko Eric, The Driver Who Donated His Kidney To His Boss' Brother by mbahdi(m): 1:04pm On Oct 25, 2023
Good gesture...but wasn't managed well

1 Like

Re: Video Of Nwoko Eric, The Driver Who Donated His Kidney To His Boss' Brother by nawaforyouo: 1:04pm On Oct 25, 2023
grin

Nwoko Eric,

Na wa for you o!

you were scammed. simple

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Video Of Nwoko Eric, The Driver Who Donated His Kidney To His Boss' Brother by EngrEgghead: 1:04pm On Oct 25, 2023
He should jejely collect his kidney back .

15 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Video Of Nwoko Eric, The Driver Who Donated His Kidney To His Boss' Brother by umpire1st(m): 1:04pm On Oct 25, 2023
I say this everyday, the rich didn't get rich by being nice and godly. Rich people are the most deceptive people I know, if you are not smart around them, they will so use you and make it look like they are helping you... Anyhow sha be grateful he didn't take both kidneys

81 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Video Of Nwoko Eric, The Driver Who Donated His Kidney To His Boss' Brother by Kobicove(m): 1:04pm On Oct 25, 2023
I hope this guy is able to get justice

7 Likes

Re: Video Of Nwoko Eric, The Driver Who Donated His Kidney To His Boss' Brother by specialmati(m): 1:05pm On Oct 25, 2023
embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed chai nawa

1 Like

Re: Video Of Nwoko Eric, The Driver Who Donated His Kidney To His Boss' Brother by Kenosky1: 1:05pm On Oct 25, 2023
Quite a sad turn of events, imagine the level of deceit to get somebody's kidney and yet refused to treat him very well.
How on earth did the driver believe that the boss will give him $20m, a whooping N20b, even Ekweremadu didn't pay up to N200m, poverty and illiteracy is a big disease. cry

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Video Of Nwoko Eric, The Driver Who Donated His Kidney To His Boss' Brother by BRATISLAVA: 1:05pm On Oct 25, 2023
20 million dollars?

Is that greed or stupidity?

6 Likes

Re: Video Of Nwoko Eric, The Driver Who Donated His Kidney To His Boss' Brother by STEWpid(f): 1:05pm On Oct 25, 2023
Chai..

Welcome to the league of the Ekweremadu's.

Lack of common wisdom should also be challenged.

No formal contract?

The victim too must be greedy.

Den no dey do this kind thing for mouth na!!

4 Likes

Re: Video Of Nwoko Eric, The Driver Who Donated His Kidney To His Boss' Brother by Skillsnigeria: 1:05pm On Oct 25, 2023
Hmmm
Re: Video Of Nwoko Eric, The Driver Who Donated His Kidney To His Boss' Brother by handsomeyinka(m): 1:06pm On Oct 25, 2023
Seems it's a mutual agreement but how would you believe someone will pay you $20million .

You should have had a lawyer write the agreement,date and signed by both parties and witnesses and dont just believe in verbal agreement. Never too late to get a compensation if you do things the right way.

I guess the boss took an advantage of been desperate cos of the false money involved.

Though am happy you were able to save a life .
Re: Video Of Nwoko Eric, The Driver Who Donated His Kidney To His Boss' Brother by rectitude(m): 1:07pm On Oct 25, 2023
What a world

1 Like

Re: Video Of Nwoko Eric, The Driver Who Donated His Kidney To His Boss' Brother by Woodshot: 1:07pm On Oct 25, 2023
grin

You were promised $20M for your kidney and you couldn't demand for half payment for your own vital organ ?

Greediness led you astray

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Video Of Nwoko Eric, The Driver Who Donated His Kidney To His Boss' Brother by Vifx: 1:07pm On Oct 25, 2023
Omg

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Help: How Do I Stop Oily Face Or Control It? (picture) / Jyoti Amge: The Smallest Woman In The World (Photos) / Young Nigerian Homosexuals Living With HIV Confess

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.