Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,785 members, 7,820,752 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:48 PM

Grammatical Blunders Made By Mrs. Jonathan - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Grammatical Blunders Made By Mrs. Jonathan (15325 Views)

See The Grammatical Blunder Of The Nigerian Police Force / Mother Of Mrs Jonathan, Sese Dies In Autocrash / Do Grammatical Blunders (gbagauns, Ibons) Irritate You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Grammatical Blunders Made By Mrs. Jonathan by COOLDK(m): 2:49pm On Oct 19, 2010
DEKUNLE26:

i thot ds forum was 4matured pple.i wnt u 2knw dat pple criticise because they are jobless n notin 2do.
if not hw can u bring your president's wife on air on such silly n nasty conversation lik ds.
sm1 dat his up to 2ur aunt if nt your mum.u dnt need 2emphasis on sm1 mistake instead just laugh over it n
keep quite(big boy).i dnt blame u guys is just  poverty n unemployment dat is our country.
hw would our country b developed wen w r busy discussin on useless discusion on d important forum lik ds.
Nairaland's manager pls knw wat u post on air.our brothers n our sisters read ds outside so wat image r w paintin our
country dat our first lady is an illiterate?.pls just think abt it.thanks  cry embarassed

Will you stop speaking vanaculer and speak in ur mother's tongue?
And to all you Nlanders, stop bluffing and speak in ur dialect. Afterall, u all understood what she meant to pass across.
Re: Grammatical Blunders Made By Mrs. Jonathan by MUZBO(m): 2:52pm On Oct 19, 2010
strangest:

Why is it that a lot of Nigerians like you, like to form OYIBO, too much,  its okay for America to use “wanna” instead of “want to”,    the French can call Paris,  Paree,  Oyibo football commentator,” Kainuuuu wan-kwo, instead of Kanu Nwankwo,  . Instead of you to be correcting Oyibo, you are here fooling yourself

people should always remember that the English colonised us does not mean that we are English,  We are still NAIJA,

Abeg stop that kain tin!! Whats is worth speaking at all is worth speaking well. . . Let her speak her native lang. If english too hard. I guess her husband's goodluck is now badluck for her.
Re: Grammatical Blunders Made By Mrs. Jonathan by campella(m): 2:56pm On Oct 19, 2010
@ Reality, you no leave our MAMA alone?
Wetin you expect?
Abi na becus she don go wash body you think say she don sabi oyibo?
Re: Grammatical Blunders Made By Mrs. Jonathan by kanyjay(f): 3:01pm On Oct 19, 2010
Gammatical blunders; this is not the first time Dame Patience Jonathan is blowing the roof off. When she visited Owerri in Imo state. She said "Nigeria Proud of Africa" instead of "Nigeria pride of Africa"
Re: Grammatical Blunders Made By Mrs. Jonathan by spoilt(f): 3:04pm On Oct 19, 2010
Na real Dame Patience. Funny as heck.
Re: Grammatical Blunders Made By Mrs. Jonathan by Fhemmmy: 3:05pm On Oct 19, 2010
Lol . . . This is to tell you that the system by which we elect our leaders is faulty.
However, English no be our fist language , . . . so make una leave her alone oh
Re: Grammatical Blunders Made By Mrs. Jonathan by ifyalways(f): 3:07pm On Oct 19, 2010
I thought she was a Uni. Prof or sch Teacher undecided
Not entirely her fault,she ought to have ppl write and go through her speeches with her.
Re: Grammatical Blunders Made By Mrs. Jonathan by Nobody: 3:09pm On Oct 19, 2010
DEKUNLE26:

i thot ds forum was 4matured pple.i wnt u 2knw dat pple criticise because they are jobless n notin 2do.
if not hw can u bring your president's wife on air on such silly n nasty conversation lik ds.
sm1 dat his up to 2ur aunt if nt your mum.u dnt need 2emphasis on sm1 mistake instead just laugh over it n
keep quite(big boy).i dnt blame u guys is just  poverty n unemployment dat is our country.
hw would our country b developed wen w r busy discussin on useless discusion on d important forum lik ds.
Nairaland's manager pls knw wat u post on air.[s]our brothers n our sisters read ds outside so wat image r w paintin our
country dat our first lady is an illiterate?.pls just think abt it[/s]
.thanks  cry embarassed
Who give a shiot about anybody reading this embarrassing thread ? Abeg go siddon for gutter if you  don't have anything meaningful to contribute to this thread.Is she not a graduate ? How come she can't construct a simple sentence without making mistakes ? And you are here talking crap ! Hypocrite.
Re: Grammatical Blunders Made By Mrs. Jonathan by kanyjay(f): 3:15pm On Oct 19, 2010
She graduated from Okirika Waterside University. Lol
Re: Grammatical Blunders Made By Mrs. Jonathan by utimayor(m): 3:28pm On Oct 19, 2010
So long as i am concerned, it is not the English that matters, the content of her action is what we need, the poster should be ashamed of himself for putting up such muscle against the first lady of The Federal Republic Of Nigeria. The Women for change Initiative is a bold step, so it is an achievement. We are Nigerians and English is our second language. PEACE.
Re: Grammatical Blunders Made By Mrs. Jonathan by TeskyMan(m): 3:59pm On Oct 19, 2010
One thing i have noticed about reactions of people to our dear FIRST LADY is that people really ENVY her. One thing is this "WHOM GOD HAS BLESSED, NO ONE CAN CURSE". I am not disputing the fact that she needs tutor in English Lang most especially on Public speaking because she is a public figure but habaa, can't we correct someone without making fuse of the person? As we speak, SHE REMAINS THE FIRST LADY of Nigeria.

I was once opportuned to be with one of the Oceanic Bank BM in one of the Lagos branches. The woman is beautiful, elegant and highly eloquent. Furtunately, the First Lady was granting an interview in Imo state and she threw her usual bomb. The woman was pissed off and started raining abuses on the first lady, she said she can't even cat work, she has a bad shape, she doesn't know how to carry herself, she's not beautiful and all that. Immediately, i was pissed off and i was very bitter in my mind. I understood her complain but in her inner mind its all "JEALOUSY". Ditto. All she wanted was that ohh, I am suppose to be there cos I have all it takes. That was the message she was passing across to us while she was seriously complaining and at the same time complimenting herself but my people God no be man.

Finally, lets us encourage and correct ourself with love not with bitterness or being hate. Dame Patience Jonathan, God place you where you are not by spoken english, neither is it by cat-working, not is it by beauty but because GOD wants people to know that "IF HE DOESN'T BUILD A HOUSE, NO MAN CAN BUILD IT"

I'm looking up to that day, when our local dialect will be the only acceptable means of communication for teaching not only in primary and secondary schools but also in tertiary institutions. I am very sure that there would be a lot of inprovement in our academic performance. Imagine, physics and geaography being thought in Yoruba. I will grab it once. This is the reason China has been doing very well and they are moving ahead.

Haters burry your head in shame.
Re: Grammatical Blunders Made By Mrs. Jonathan by 1United1: 4:31pm On Oct 19, 2010
The simple reason people criticize her is because they do not understand the type of English Language she speaks. I just did a little research and discovered the name. For your knowledge, it is known as ENGLIBROKENIJAW` grin grin grin tongue. So can we now left her alone because she was once a[b] children[/b].
I know no book ooooo. cheesy
Re: Grammatical Blunders Made By Mrs. Jonathan by zuala(m): 4:33pm On Oct 19, 2010
Nawa 4 u pple oooh! all u guyz want talk na 2 critizize d first lady? ona sabi grammer too? no b nonesense ona d post?
Re: Grammatical Blunders Made By Mrs. Jonathan by Engrdan(m): 4:36pm On Oct 19, 2010
dnt mind her, the woman recenble pidgin.  grin grin grin
Re: Grammatical Blunders Made By Mrs. Jonathan by oluwafemi113(m): 4:49pm On Oct 19, 2010
@ poster,
na wahooo!!!. You no they see better thing.
Abah !!! Free our first lady ooo
Re: Grammatical Blunders Made By Mrs. Jonathan by lawmanlala(m): 5:10pm On Oct 19, 2010
Pls our First Lady should be given the respect she deserves. Nobody should use this forum to insult her. There is nobody that is perfect in English or any language, even his native language. Even Profs of English Language do make English mistakes. She is the First Lady of this great country and should be accorded the respect she and her office deserve please.
Re: Grammatical Blunders Made By Mrs. Jonathan by GBT(m): 5:36pm On Oct 19, 2010
her advisers should be blamed because she's supposed to have a public speechwriter who also practices the speeches with her before she goes on air.

That's true but after how many months as the 1st lady and she knows what she is capable off and not  of, she should have gotten a team to be in charge of her speeches to avoid unnecesary
Re: Grammatical Blunders Made By Mrs. Jonathan by dayolove: 5:55pm On Oct 19, 2010
what are even arguing here, the president wife should be polished enough to speak in public. go and ask prophet T.B Joshua. when he started, all of you can bear witness that he made so much grammatical blunder and could not even read the bible but years later, he speaks good english. it is a matter of determination and desire. right from when her husband was a local govt chairman to deputy gov, governor, VP and now president, she had all the chances to improve herself. Other MUMUs like Orji Uzor Kalu had to do a programme at ABSU by all means to improve himself. haba! i heard some of her wrong grammar at a function in eagles square. my colleagues and i counted over 5 errors dat my 6year old can not commit. 1. the President was once a children. 2 let the minister of state for FCT join his minister. 3. he will forgot to, abeg someone should tell her.
Re: Grammatical Blunders Made By Mrs. Jonathan by kabukabu50(m): 6:14pm On Oct 19, 2010
Here is a competent first lady for you,maybe she should take lessons from Mrs Obama

Re: Grammatical Blunders Made By Mrs. Jonathan by sessy2(f): 6:48pm On Oct 19, 2010
I hereby on behalf of the good pipo of Nigeria, make a promise and pledge to stand by d first lady even when she is throwing her bomb. howevers, i want to contributed three hour daily towards to improve her spoke English.this shall be frees of charge so help me God. grin tongue grin tongue grin tongue grin tongue
Re: Grammatical Blunders Made By Mrs. Jonathan by vorosmartm(m): 6:57pm On Oct 19, 2010
The woman has a funny voice and speaks crappy english. What can we do? She's the first lady!
Re: Grammatical Blunders Made By Mrs. Jonathan by UyiIredia(m): 7:28pm On Oct 19, 2010
and her husband get Phd >>> the ironies typical of life
Re: Grammatical Blunders Made By Mrs. Jonathan by QG: 7:32pm On Oct 19, 2010
Please let us help our dear firstlady and protect the image of our dear nation. I can help her, am very good at packaging people for such positions. Anyone with info please let me know how I can reach her. Please see it as doing it for your dear nation. Thanks
Re: Grammatical Blunders Made By Mrs. Jonathan by obxddon(m): 7:38pm On Oct 19, 2010
Is me not likes whats you persons is does here,
if her Englishes is not correction some one should corrects her,

her aids are to blame and moreover from what I have heard and seen about Her is the proud and stubborn type.Don't forget she is from OKRIKA, the Home of Stubborn people
Re: Grammatical Blunders Made By Mrs. Jonathan by Konjour(m): 8:06pm On Oct 19, 2010
Irrespective of whatever anyone thinks or says,one of the least problems the 1st lady of a continental power house like Nigeria should have is expressing herself in English effortlessly. Its not out of the norm if the blunders she makes draws criticisms moreover she's always in the spotlight.
What this simply means is that the people who are in charge of the 1st lady's grooming should take note of these loopholes,and nip 'em in the bud before its gonna cause a much more pronounced jaw-breaker than Nigerians have already witnessed.  cool
Re: Grammatical Blunders Made By Mrs. Jonathan by dave1961: 8:18pm On Oct 19, 2010
LET US CELEBRATE OUR LEADERS, IF ALL WE CAN DO IS TO CRITICISE, DISRESPECT AND PULL THEM DOWN, WE WILL NOT MAKE MUCH PROGRESS AS NATION. THE AUTHOR I BELIEVE DOES NOT HAVE ANY THING TO DO. PLEASE LEAVE OUR LEADERS ALONE TO FACE THE BUSINESS THAT BROUGHT THEM TO POWER.
dave1961 .
Re: Grammatical Blunders Made By Mrs. Jonathan by MAYOWAAK: 9:00pm On Oct 19, 2010
Patience is a virtue
Re: Grammatical Blunders Made By Mrs. Jonathan by Chaaaan(f): 10:17pm On Oct 19, 2010
DEKUNLE26:

Nairaland's manager pls knw wat u post on air.our brothers n our sisters read ds outside so wat image r w paintin our
country dat our first lady is an illiterate?.pls just think abt it.thanks  cry embarassed
. What a pointless & baseless statement u just made. Maybe u're the unemployed one. If her level of English is poor, why didn't she speak her native language instead of Nigerians on air.
Re: Grammatical Blunders Made By Mrs. Jonathan by xammy(m): 10:51pm On Oct 19, 2010
Mrs Jonathan, why you day fall my hand ?
Re: Grammatical Blunders Made By Mrs. Jonathan by xammy(m): 10:56pm On Oct 19, 2010
Chaaaan:

. What a pointless & baseless statement u just made. Maybe u're the unemployed one. If her level of English is poor, why didn't she speak her native language instead of Nigerians on air.

tell the mumu
Re: Grammatical Blunders Made By Mrs. Jonathan by Ruq: 12:32am On Oct 20, 2010
You shouldn't expect much from her, she doesn't look fit to speak good english!
Re: Grammatical Blunders Made By Mrs. Jonathan by mrofficial(m): 2:39am On Oct 20, 2010
Since it's no longer new to everyone of us, we should let her be oooo, Shikena!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Have You Been Banned Before? Pls Share. / What Happened To Christmas Cards? / Ticket To Oil And Gas Gala Night Goes For N10M, And N300M For Table.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.