Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,130 members, 7,814,946 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:20 AM

Romantic Woes: The Ring - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Romantic Woes: The Ring (1787 Views)

Groom Proudly Shows Off His Ring (Lovely Wedding Photo) / This Lady Did All These To Her Man And Still Got A Ring! (photo) / Interprete The Ring On Each Finger. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Romantic Woes: The Ring by MrCork21: 8:28pm On Oct 17, 2010
queeneve , I bet u put sugar in your jollof rice when cooking it, can u even cook egg? undecided

Pls be hobnest? can u cook? dont lie angry
Re: Romantic Woes: The Ring by queeneve: 8:35pm On Oct 17, 2010
Yorisb:

@QUEEN!

Hmm, Sounds very interesting. Tell u what, I'm starting to discard warrever negative thoughts I had about you previously.

Pray tell where about in Igbo land is your hubby from? I might even come around then, u never know. wink

Aww Yorisb, that what happens when you GET TO KNOW SOMEONE instead of assuming about them, I tend to rub people off the wrong way because of my sarcastic and witty mouth, BUT I am sweeter than suga! grin

Now You might wanna shift the suga a bit, it sometimes have razor in it grin grin

He from by Engukwi, I think I spelled it right,
Re: Romantic Woes: The Ring by queeneve: 8:36pm On Oct 17, 2010
No, Mr cock, I do not put sugar in jollef rice, I only use herbal seasoning in it, there is no need to put sugar in it, but I can make a mean azz jollef rice, the secret is the sauce wink
Re: Romantic Woes: The Ring by MrCork21: 8:41pm On Oct 17, 2010
Sauce? Madam, what sauce do u use? Tomato Ketshop? undecided
Re: Romantic Woes: The Ring by gestapo(f): 8:42pm On Oct 17, 2010
queeneve:

Well Zimdrill,

When my husband first approached me I did not know he was Nigerian not that I have a preference of what type of man that I like, I do but I am not strictly picking but I have my standard, I spent time getting to know my husband while we were dating and when I found out he was Nigerian I was shocked because he looked like any other African-American people walking in America, and plus he is igbo,

As you know Igbo men have them noses, because few of my friends are igbo and they got them noses so that how I was able to tell they were Nigerians, my husband speak like an American mainly because his family is both American and Nigerians.

Although he is Nigerian-American, he practices the tradition of igbo culture so I was introduced to his family and they gave him approval, but BEFORE I EVEN said I would date my husband, I got to know his character by seeing how he interact the females in his family and his behavior with me in midst of other people.

I wasn't expecting to marry a Nigerian or an African because their are alot of good black men in America despite what the Media portrayed black men to be,

My husband and I was gelled, which is unique because we have two DIFFERENT cultures but we made it work, and I know Nigerian men HAVE BAD REPUTATION around the world, BUT I ALWAYS SAID, ONE NIGERIAN MAN DOES NOT REPRESENT ALL NIGERIAN MEN,

To sum it all up Zimdrill, I looked at all the GOOD QUALITIES MY HUSBAND had despite the fact he is NIgerian and it overweight the NEGATIVE QUALITIES,

No man is perfect and that what I tell the ladies, you will never meet the PERFECT MAN, but I married the RIGHT MAN FOR ME,

SORRY FOR THE RAMBLE, as you see I love my husband and enjoy sharing my love of him to others cheesy smiley

awwwww, this is touching, wish you eternal marital bliss kiss
Re: Romantic Woes: The Ring by Yorisb: 8:46pm On Oct 17, 2010
queeneve:

Aww Yorisb, that what happens when you GET TO KNOW SOMEONE instead of assuming about them, I tend to rub people off the wrong way because of my sarcastic and witty mouth, BUT I am sweeter than suga!   grin

Now You might wanna shift the suga a bit, it sometimes have razor in it grin grin  

I bet you are and don't ask me how i made that up. cheesy

He from by Engukwi, I think I spelled it right

Ah! why u dey spoil the name like that nah? cool  You mean Enugu-ukwu in Anambra state?
Re: Romantic Woes: The Ring by sleekch1c(f): 8:54pm On Oct 17, 2010
queeneve:

Yes Sleek! You right not all Nigerian men bad EXCEPT MR COCK AND MOBO,

Yorisb, if you are Igbo, You might be, He has a big family and they say I look like them! You know we having a big holiday festival in the ibo village in December going to be a big festival, why don't you come and celebrate with us, we will have enough eba and ogbono for everybody!

I might even cook my famous meal, I might cook my version of jollef rice with scramble eggs,

Love is a wonderful thing with the RIGHT PERSON, don't hate on love!
wow,send pics of the celbration, i love happy moments, and i think the town is enugukwu, spent a christmas with a family frnd there in 2006.babe,u resure in for a good time cos its a lively town and the ppl so lovely, am ibo and my town isnt very far 4rm there,same local government area bt sadly i havent been to my town since i was 9 sad
Re: Romantic Woes: The Ring by queeneve: 9:16pm On Oct 17, 2010
Mr-Cork:

Sauce? Madam, what sauce do u use? Tomato Ketshop? undecided

Is that what you used Mr cock? Not everybody can afford the good chit huh mr cock?
Re: Romantic Woes: The Ring by queeneve: 9:17pm On Oct 17, 2010
Yorisb:

I bet you are and don't ask me how i made that up. cheesy

Ah! why u dey spoil the name like that nah? cool  You mean Enugu-ukwu in Anambra state?

Well I did say I think I spelled it right! You ain't had to hurt my lil feelings Yorisb cry cry cry cry
Re: Romantic Woes: The Ring by queeneve: 9:18pm On Oct 17, 2010
Thanks Sleek and Gestapo!
Re: Romantic Woes: The Ring by queeneve: 9:21pm On Oct 17, 2010
You going there any time soon Sleek,

You know you welcome to come to the festival too! We will have enough for everybody! I might hook you up with my husband's cousin Sam, He so friendly and cute!
Re: Romantic Woes: The Ring by Yorisb: 9:27pm On Oct 17, 2010
queeneve:

Well I did say I think I spelled it right!  You ain't had to hurt my lil feelings Yorisb cry cry cry cry

Aww sorry nah, I was only being romantic about it and never wished to hurt my Bro's wifey intentionally. wink

*Yoris takes an immaculate white rolls and cleans Queens eyes*
kiss
Re: Romantic Woes: The Ring by queeneve: 9:31pm On Oct 17, 2010
(grinning slowly) cry embarassed sad smiley cheesy grin
Re: Romantic Woes: The Ring by queeneve: 9:33pm On Oct 17, 2010
Hey,

It hard to find already pounded yams in USA, so we trying to figure out how we can do it manually, now when I was back in the Ido state, the elder ladies used stone bowl and wooden stick,

Now I aint for all that pounding and beating, are there another way I can pound yams without making so much noise?
Re: Romantic Woes: The Ring by zebra543: 10:29pm On Oct 17, 2010
he wants her to signify that shes married, her not wearing it shouldnt be a reason not to marry her-it seems the guy has a problem with women that have free will, if something as simple as that is going to make him break the marriage.
the woman can wear it on her neck or wear asian bangles it doesnt have to be an expensive ring it can be plastic,or she can put his photo in her wallet if he has security issues, not everyone that is married wears a ring, even i will have issues wearin mine in fear of losing it, unless it is well insured

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dating A Woman Or Girl Older Than U ( Sugar Mummy) / When Last Was A Rich Guy Been Dumped By A Nigerian Lady? / Your Destiny Will Build A Bridge To The Love Of Your Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.