Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,237 members, 7,815,317 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:42 AM

Romantic Woes: The Ring - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Romantic Woes: The Ring (1788 Views)

Groom Proudly Shows Off His Ring (Lovely Wedding Photo) / This Lady Did All These To Her Man And Still Got A Ring! (photo) / Interprete The Ring On Each Finger. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Romantic Woes: The Ring by queeneve: 3:00pm On Oct 17, 2010
A friend of mine just gotten proposed to, she accepted the proposal but not the ring. She is against jewerlies and think those such is a form of gods worship. The fiance is furious and said that she need to accept the ring because it tells the other guys that she is taken and about to be married. She refused the ring. He told her that if does not wear the ring he will not marry her. She is disrespecting his family rituals or whatever that mean.

I have noticed that her case isn't the only weird case I have heard, I have heard men say that women who are taken need to wear their engagement ring at all time. I wonder if it an entitlement for the men to order their fiancees to wear the engagement ring?

What is the real REASON, you guys want the woman to wear the engagement ring? I always said with or without the ring, the woman is still yours if you picked the right one,

What with the RING guys?
Re: Romantic Woes: The Ring by MrCork21: 3:08pm On Oct 17, 2010
ask Harry porter!! undecided , duh! (
Re: Romantic Woes: The Ring by Yorisb: 3:11pm On Oct 17, 2010
^^^ LWKMD! cheesy
Re: Romantic Woes: The Ring by selena(f): 3:11pm On Oct 17, 2010
Mr-Cork:

ask Harry porter!! undecided , duh! (

Lol!
Re: Romantic Woes: The Ring by ZIMDRILL(m): 3:13pm On Oct 17, 2010
queeneve:

A friend of mine just gotten proposed to, she accepted the proposal but not the ring. She is against jewerlies and think those such is a form of gods worship. The fiance is furious and said that she need to accept the ring because it tells the other guys that she is taken and about to be married. She refused the ring. He told her that if does not wear the ring he will not marry her. She is disrespecting his family rituals or whatever that mean.

I have noticed that her case isn't the only weird case I have heard, I have heard men say that women who are taken need to wear their engagement ring at all time. I wonder if it an entitlement for the men to order their fiancees to wear the engagement ring?

What is the real REASON, you guys want the woman to wear the engagement ring? I always said with or without the ring, the woman is still yours if you picked the right one,

What with the RING guys?

the the problem of doing a culture which is not yours
Re: Romantic Woes: The Ring by queeneve: 3:14pm On Oct 17, 2010
I see goats have entered, WHY AM I NOT SURPRISED undecided undecided undecided
Re: Romantic Woes: The Ring by queeneve: 3:15pm On Oct 17, 2010
So Zimdrill,

In Zimbo, an engaged woman MUST WEAR a ring to INFORM THE SOCIETY SHE IS ENGAGED? Or can she chooses not to wear the ring and still be engaged?
Re: Romantic Woes: The Ring by ZIMDRILL(m): 3:27pm On Oct 17, 2010
in zim people dont really bother about engagement (like the way you nigerian sound)

in zim you date, then agree marry each other he pays bride price then you can wed if you want to

engagement (putting on the ring) is done by a few

in zim if when your relationship is working towards marriage you introduce each to relatives i.e your aun,t father's sister not your parents though

the introduction is a traditional engagement (when you introduce him or her to your aunt you tell that this is the wo/man i want marry)

parents dont get involved during introductions they only do so on actaul day of paying bride price
Re: Romantic Woes: The Ring by MrCork21: 3:41pm On Oct 17, 2010
Seems Queen eve is waitin for a ring to be put in her finger, sadly, I bet her finger is just too

fat for ring to fit in, well i love her still wink
Re: Romantic Woes: The Ring by queeneve: 4:43pm On Oct 17, 2010
Uhmmm mr cock, I am MARRIED, why would I be waiting on a ring?

Never mind, it was a rethorical question,

Okay Zimdrill, and I am not Nigerian by the way,

I hear ya though,
Re: Romantic Woes: The Ring by MrCork21: 4:47pm On Oct 17, 2010
arhhha, EXPOSED!! the chick is from mexico!!

No wonder she wants me!! , she after my moiney!! angry
Re: Romantic Woes: The Ring by Dsense(m): 5:56pm On Oct 17, 2010
queeneve:

What with the RING guys?
I would force her to wear Ring so that when guys see her they would know she's engagged though they ll still be after her but it won't be like when she's not wearing it.fo
Re: Romantic Woes: The Ring by ZIMDRILL(m): 6:03pm On Oct 17, 2010
D-sense:

I would force her to wear Ring so that when guys see her they would know she's engagged though they ll still be after her but it won't be like when she's not wearing it.fo

should think harder

with or with a ring people will always make a move the ring doesnt stop anyone

it is her that can stop them

a wedding certificate on the whole can never stop you from bi.t.c.hing or the wedding ring
Re: Romantic Woes: The Ring by TRUSTEDGUY: 6:04pm On Oct 17, 2010
As far as am concern,true love involves sacritifce if she truly loves him what is there in a ring wear it because of him nothing ease
Re: Romantic Woes: The Ring by ZIMDRILL(m): 6:06pm On Oct 17, 2010
queeneve:

Uhmmm mr cock, I am MARRIED, why would I be waiting on a ring?

Never mind, it was a rethorical question,

Okay Zimdrill, and I am not Nigerian by the way,

I hear ya though,

what took you to this site
Re: Romantic Woes: The Ring by queeneve: 6:09pm On Oct 17, 2010
My husband is Nigerian@Zimdrill
Re: Romantic Woes: The Ring by ZIMDRILL(m): 6:11pm On Oct 17, 2010
queeneve:

My husband is Nigerian@Zimdrill

you very intelligent how does your man differ from an average typical nigerian man
Re: Romantic Woes: The Ring by queeneve: 6:20pm On Oct 17, 2010
Well Zimdrill,

When my husband first approached me I did not know he was Nigerian not that I have a preference of what type of man that I like, I do but I am not strictly picking but I have my standard, I spent time getting to know my husband while we were dating and when I found out he was Nigerian I was shocked because he looked like any other African-American people walking in America, and plus he is igbo,

As you know Igbo men have them noses, because few of my friends are igbo and they got them noses so that how I was able to tell they were Nigerians, my husband speak like an American mainly because his family is both American and Nigerians.

Although he is Nigerian-American, he practices the tradition of igbo culture so I was introduced to his family and they gave him approval, but BEFORE I EVEN said I would date my husband, I got to know his character by seeing how he interact the females in his family and his behavior with me in midst of other people.

I wasn't expecting to marry a Nigerian or an African because their are alot of good black men in America despite what the Media portrayed black men to be,

My husband and I was gelled, which is unique because we have two DIFFERENT cultures but we made it work, and I know Nigerian men HAVE BAD REPUTATION around the world, BUT I ALWAYS SAID, ONE NIGERIAN MAN DOES NOT REPRESENT ALL NIGERIAN MEN,

To sum it all up Zimdrill, I looked at all the GOOD QUALITIES MY HUSBAND had despite the fact he is NIgerian and it overweight the NEGATIVE QUALITIES,

No man is perfect and that what I tell the ladies, you will never meet the PERFECT MAN, but I married the RIGHT MAN FOR ME,

SORRY FOR THE RAMBLE, as you see I love my husband and enjoy sharing my love of him to others cheesy smiley
Re: Romantic Woes: The Ring by ZIMDRILL(m): 6:25pm On Oct 17, 2010
queeneve:

Well Zimdrill,

When my husband first approached me I did not know he was Nigerian not that I have a preference of what type of man that I like, I do but I am not strictly picking but I have my standard, I spent time getting to know my husband while we were dating and when I found out he was Nigerian I was shocked because he looked like any other African-American people walking in America, and plus he is igbo,

As you know Igbo men have them noses, because few of my friends are igbo and they got them noses so that how I was able to tell they were Nigerians, my husband speak like an American mainly because his family is both American and Nigerians.

Although he is Nigerian-American, he practices the tradition of igbo culture so I was introduced to his family and they gave him approval, but BEFORE I EVEN said I would date my husband, I got to know his character by seeing how he interact the females in his family and his behavior with me in midst of other people.

I wasn't expecting to marry a Nigerian or an African because their are alot of good black men in America despite what the Media portrayed black men to be,

My husband and I was gelled, which is unique because we have two DIFFERENT cultures but we made it work, and I know Nigerian men HAVE BAD REPUTATION around the world, BUT I ALWAYS SAID, ONE NIGERIAN MAN DOES NOT REPRESENT ALL NIGERIAN MEN,

To sum it all up Zimdrill, I looked at all the GOOD QUALITIES MY HUSBAND had despite the fact he is NIgerian and it overweight the NEGATIVE QUALITIES,

No man is perfect and that what I tell the ladies, you will never meet the PERFECT MAN, but I married the RIGHT MAN FOR ME,

SORRY FOR THE RAMBLE, as you see I love my husband and enjoy sharing my love of him to others cheesy smiley

wish you many more years

atleast you speak for him than the rest who claim
Re: Romantic Woes: The Ring by Dsense(m): 6:27pm On Oct 17, 2010
queeneve:

Well Zimdrill,

Great .
Re: Romantic Woes: The Ring by ITbomb(m): 6:39pm On Oct 17, 2010
queeneve:

Well Zimdrill,

HOW TO HOOK A NICE IGBO MAN. CONDENSED VERSION
Re: Romantic Woes: The Ring by queeneve: 6:49pm On Oct 17, 2010
Hush up Itbomb!

I was just sharing my love, now stop hating,
Re: Romantic Woes: The Ring by Yorisb: 6:51pm On Oct 17, 2010
ITbomb:

grin grin LMAO
Re: Romantic Woes: The Ring by queeneve: 6:52pm On Oct 17, 2010
Hush up Yorisb!! grin
Re: Romantic Woes: The Ring by Yorisb: 6:57pm On Oct 17, 2010
Queen wetin I do again? I be ur in-law u know? cheesy
Re: Romantic Woes: The Ring by sleekch1c(f): 7:21pm On Oct 17, 2010
ITbomb:

go fall in love and quit hating wink
queeneve:

Well Zimdrill,

sorry to counter u babe bt nigerian men arent the only ones dat can be full of bullcrap.all the same dearie,am happy for u grin grin kiss
Re: Romantic Woes: The Ring by ITbomb(m): 7:30pm On Oct 17, 2010
^^^^ i dont fall in lurve sir. I WALK IN LOVE ON MY TWO FEET AND WITH MY EYES WIDE OPEN AND MY BRAIN STILL FUNCTIONAL
Re: Romantic Woes: The Ring by MrCork21: 7:32pm On Oct 17, 2010
Queeen Eve has been expecting a ring for the past 20years, she is 42 wink
Re: Romantic Woes: The Ring by queeneve: 8:10pm On Oct 17, 2010
Yes Sleek! You right not all Nigerian men bad EXCEPT MR COCK AND MOBO,

Yorisb, if you are Igbo, You might be, He has a big family and they say I look like them! You know we having a big holiday festival in the ibo village in December going to be a big festival, why don't you come and celebrate with us, we will have enough eba and ogbono for everybody!

I might even cook my famous meal, I might cook my version of jollef rice with scramble eggs,

Love is a wonderful thing with the RIGHT PERSON, don't hate on love!
Re: Romantic Woes: The Ring by MOBO444(f): 8:12pm On Oct 17, 2010
^^^ Please dont you dare.
Re: Romantic Woes: The Ring by queeneve: 8:18pm On Oct 17, 2010
Don't I dare what Mobo?
Re: Romantic Woes: The Ring by Yorisb: 8:26pm On Oct 17, 2010

Yorisb, if you are Igbo, You might be, He has a big family and they say I look like them!  You know we having a big holiday festival in the ibo village in December going to be a big festival, why don't you come and celebrate with us, we will have enough eba and ogbono for everybody!

I might even cook my famous meal, I might cook my version of jollef rice with scramble eggs,

@QUEEN!

Hmm, Sounds very interesting.  Tell u what, I'm starting to discard warrever negative thoughts(impressions) I had about you previously.

Pray tell where about in Igbo land is your hubby from? I might even come around then, u never know. wink

(1) (2) (Reply)

Who Weds Who? / When Last Was A Rich Guy Been Dumped By A Nigerian Lady? / Blocked?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.