Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,614 members, 7,847,565 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 09:01 PM

The Brain Box Of Nigeria: Anambra Or Ekiti? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Brain Box Of Nigeria: Anambra Or Ekiti? (7889 Views)

Naijapro: Uhrobo Or Ekiti like the Country Of Western Nigeria / Ekiti The Fountain Of Knowledge Or Ekiti The Stomach Infratructure State / Anambra Is The Brain Box Of Nigeria-jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Brain Box Of Nigeria: Anambra Or Ekiti? by asha80(m): 9:54am On Oct 21, 2010
chino11:

You have talked about politically zero, I have been to south-western caves called states of oyo, ondo,osun, ekiti. Tell me the essence of political power if the power cannot translate to better the lives of the pple. Check the statistics today, u will still be amazed that you will still see mud houses in the capital cities of SW state even in the 21st century. I think its a clear case of generationally cursed people. What have Obj done to better the lives of Yoruba pplle who is trailing right behind their almajiri brothers from the north in begging spree with plates on their hands in the streets of lagos and other SW states. I can assure you that the little life in those SW were created by the Igbos. Igbo are like the oyibos in the SW. I can assure you that Igbos were even better of without the power, even far better economically than those of you who have been in power. You were still stitting down tied wrapper round your waist when, the first indigenous private vehicle manufacturing plant was commission in Anambra state, under your very nose the largest drug manufacturing plant in Africa was also commission by the president in Awka Anambra state. Anambra is the only state that have first private refinery today in Nigeria. What is political power without economic power. So what we are building in Anambra is economic power house. Asian Tigers, China, Japan and the rest of them built their economy from the scratch to becom industralised nations. So you go back to your caves in ekiti and find out what is wrong with you pplle that made your brains only adaptable to textbooks without practicalising it, like you have seen in Anambra,

I do not think that has taken off.
Re: The Brain Box Of Nigeria: Anambra Or Ekiti? by chino11(m): 10:23am On Oct 21, 2010
The refinery project should be commissioned any time this year,
Re: The Brain Box Of Nigeria: Anambra Or Ekiti? by asha80(m): 10:27am On Oct 21, 2010
chino11:

The refinery project should be commissioned any time this year,

I am not sure but i thought work once stopped there because of cash crunch.(in aguleri right)
Re: The Brain Box Of Nigeria: Anambra Or Ekiti? by AkinEgba: 2:37pm On Oct 21, 2010
babapupa:

But of what use is all that when your towns and villages are crap, your people are not safe, your kids are legit targets by kidnappers, your men and women are getting slaughtered because of greed/ money?

How many of the so called brains resides in Anambra? Even your folks in diaspora no won venture inside any corner of the eastern part of Nigeria cos they don't wanna get killed or kidnapped.

It's 2010 and the so called brain BOX and the human and whatever capital you're talking about don't have a freeking airport or anything to boast of in terms of critical and basic development. Your brain box exits only in Jonathan's mouth, not in reality.

I see many of you are quick to drop names like Chinua Achebe, Chimamanda Adichie and the rest of them, but how many of them are walking up and down your streets and making any kind of difference in the lives of your people? Wole shoyinka get nobel prize, but he's on the ground in Nigeria fighting and risking his life for us all everyday. Your brain box and money don't mean nothing at the end of the day.

You focus too much on petty and mouthy nonsense and ignore the critical needs of your people and region. You are here jumping up and down because some vote seeking political opportunist made some a/s/s licking claim that don't mean jack in any terms in Nigeria. You are almost like second class citizens with zero political/any kind of power in Nigeria.

I read the crap some of you post on NL and I sometimes ask myself if some of you are just naive immature juveniles or just plain delusional group of people. , seriousy, I shake my head.

But we are also killing ourselves by motor park touting. Irresponsible death is irresponsible death whether from kidnapping or motor park touts killing themselves as they do everyday in Oyo, Ogun and Lagos
Re: The Brain Box Of Nigeria: Anambra Or Ekiti? by babapupa: 6:36pm On Oct 21, 2010
As expected, it's the same delusional brainless tribal noise void of reality.

There's a reason why you are inconsequential and marginal in the scheme of things in Nigeria, it's the same worthless, irrelevant and shallow mindset pervasive in your communities, you can not even become a freeking president in your own freeking country and you have the nerve to run mouth about your brain and useless money.

And the saddest part is the stupid claim that you help develop other people's land as if that's some badge of honor, where is the sense and wisdom in that?. especially when your own villages are 50yrs behind time.

lol @ refinery and economic power house, Your economic power crap can even rival ordinary Ogun state.

Your brain is on paper, not in reality or on the ground.

Like I said, I shake my head at some o the daft and illiterate comments I read on this site.
Re: The Brain Box Of Nigeria: Anambra Or Ekiti? by asha80(m): 6:41pm On Oct 21, 2010
babapupa:

There's a reason why you are inconsequential and marginal in the scheme of things in Nigeria, it's the same worthless, irrelevant and shallow mindset pervasive in your communities, you can not even become a freeking president in your own freeking country and you have the nerve to run mouth about your brain and useless money.

And the saddest part is the silly claim that you help develop other people's land as if that's some badge of honor, where is the sense and wisdom in that?. especially when your own villages are 50yrs behind time.

lol @ refinery and economic power house, Your economic power crap can even rival ordinary Ogun state.

Like I said, I shake my head at some o the daft and illiterate comments I read on this site.

This argurement holds no water.
Re: The Brain Box Of Nigeria: Anambra Or Ekiti? by babapupa: 6:52pm On Oct 21, 2010
asha 80:

This argurement holds no water.

Instead of the rubbish you just typed, why don't you go ahead and explain to us why your's hold water,

Tell us why after so many decades, a minority like GEJ is inside Aso Rock and  never the loud mouth and brain box,

Na delusions and inability to see yourselves and reality on the ground is what's killing you people,

I'm not even dissing or getting tribal, this is straight talk about Nigeria and our realities, you can make it tribal if you want of course.
Re: The Brain Box Of Nigeria: Anambra Or Ekiti? by asha80(m): 6:58pm On Oct 21, 2010
babapupa:

Instead of the rubbish you just typed, why don't you go ahead and explain to us why your's hold water,

Tell us why after so many decades, a minority like GEJ is inside Aso Rock and never the loud mouth and brain box,

Na delusions and inability to see yourselves and reality on the ground is what's killing you people,

I'm not even dissing or getting tribal, this is straight talk about Nigeria and our realities, you can make it tribal if you want of course.

the catalan and basque region in spain are the most economically prosperous region in spain but they have never and probably can never hope to become prime minister of spain.

Obasanjo became the president of nigeria for 8 yrs how did that affect the average yoruba person?

Northerners have been preident of the country for more than half of the countries independence.How is the average northerner?

GEJ is now president.How is it affecting the average ijaw man?
Re: The Brain Box Of Nigeria: Anambra Or Ekiti? by babapupa: 5:12am On Oct 22, 2010
asha 80:

the catalan and basque region in spain are the most economically prosperous region in spain but they have never and probably can never hope to become prime minister of spain.

Obasanjo became the president of nigeria for 8 yrs how did that affect the average yoruba person?

Northerners have been preident of the country for more than half of the countries independence.How is the average northerner?

GEJ is now president.How is it affecting the average ijaw man?

My point in this thread is the fact that it's irrelevant and it make no difference who or what is the brain box and you just proved my point with every single point you highlighted up there.

It means nothing as long as our communities are still decades behind in critical areas, like quality health care, good education, safe water to drink and good quality of life. Instead of challenging these politicians to do their job, we're here dancing all over the place because of some silly and meaningless political a/s/s kiss and irrelevant platitudes. No wonder these clowns clowns get to punch us in the face and get away with it all the time.

We all know GEJ made the misguided remarks for political reasons, believing and taking seriously that statement is very foolish especially when the facts on the ground says otherwise.

We go to school to eradicate ignorance, to better ourselves, contribute and develop our communities.
Re: The Brain Box Of Nigeria: Anambra Or Ekiti? by chino11(m): 10:02am On Oct 22, 2010
babapupa:

My point in this thread is the fact that it's irrelevant and it make no difference who or what is the brain box and you just proved my point with every single point you highlighted up there.

It means nothing as long as our communities are still decades behind in critical areas, like quality health care, good education, safe water to drink and good quality of life. Instead of challenging these politicians to do their job, we're here dancing all over the place because of some silly and meaningless political a/s/s kiss and irrelevant platitudes. No wonder these clowns clowns get to punch us in the face and get away with it all the time.

We all know GEJ made the misguided remarks for political reasons, believing and taking seriously that statement is very foolish especially when the facts on the ground says otherwise.

We go to school to eradicate ignorance, to better ourselves, contribute and develop our communities.

You have continued to expose the typical Yoruba void mentality on the alter of NL. Face reality for once in your live. The entire SW (except lagos which is not yorubaland) tell me what the SW can easily boast of? From oyo to ogun, ondo to ekiti you still have mud houses in their respective state capitals which are over 100 decades. What is the essence of education if not to give us (humanbeing) a better life and living.

An average Igboman in the SW is seen as an oyibo because he lives in a good house and eats good food. Little wonder whn you behold an Igboman he is well fed, unlike an average yorobaman who resembles their almajiri brothers from the north. Like I said before what is political power without economic power? Obj ruled for 8yrs and you still have those caves and mud houses in the whole of SW capital cities. You stil have touts all over the SW killing pple all over the yorubaland.

You still have your state capitals look like glorify local councils. GEJ culdnt have made a political statement in Anambra, because the whole world not only in Nigeria knew that Anambra is an economic power. Ok tell me that UN Habitat made a political statement when they selected Onitsha among the five fast growing cities if the world

Ok read anuofia ofe mmanu : http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/features/powergame/2010/oct/17/powergame-17-10-2010-005.htm
Re: The Brain Box Of Nigeria: Anambra Or Ekiti? by adconline(m): 10:37am On Oct 22, 2010

And the saddest part is the silly claim that you help develop other people's land as if that's some badge of honor, where is the sense and wisdom in that?. especially when your own villages are 50yrs behind time.

OBJ was made president against the will of his kinsmen. So he was imposed on his kinsmen. So what kind of political relevance is that? Back to the topic, why is it that a "bushman' from Anambra outcompetes, out-hustles, out-invests, outsmarts typical Lagosians like you in your own back yard? Could the same be said of you if you in lived in Onitsha?

This is  for your silly brain
"Do what I done without, crying in the environment
in which I did it in without dying, my nigga.
Rap like I rap without lying,
Then tie em both together like iron, my nigga.
Then write sixteens in between running sixteen business,
all the while showing these young punks what the bizness is." Jay -Z
Re: The Brain Box Of Nigeria: Anambra Or Ekiti? by phantom(m): 10:56am On Oct 22, 2010
babapupa:

ROTFLMAO, my man you are just groping in the dark, read what you posted again and honestly tell me it was devoid of TRIBAL SENTIMENTS.your man has been president for 8years abibut the man who has not been president has a better standard of living, please my man stop being a child.
Re: The Brain Box Of Nigeria: Anambra Or Ekiti? by Nobody: 11:12am On Oct 22, 2010
We don't have any brainbox states in Nigeria abeg.
Re: The Brain Box Of Nigeria: Anambra Or Ekiti? by Olumogun: 9:35am On Oct 23, 2010
Olumogun:

what a shameful argument.
Maybe I should help some of u guys to see the other way of presenting this thread;

Which is smart = monkey or gorilla?

Until the BRAIN IN THE BOX is positioned to bring freedom and better standard of living to the people in those places
it is monkey Vs gorilla comparison.

Still on this GORILLA vs MONKEY argument sad sad sad
No wonder this nation is backward if this is all the BRAINS in Nigeria are meant for =ARGUMENT.
Re: The Brain Box Of Nigeria: Anambra Or Ekiti? by KnowAll(m): 10:40am On Oct 23, 2010
you can not even become a freeking president in your own freeking country and you have the nerve to run mouth about your brain and useless money.

[size=14pt]The argument that an Igbo cannot be the President of Nigeria is an invalid and fallacious argument,  and I equate it to a hit below the belt by some Yoruba enthusiast,  that line of argument is un-neccessary, if the Igbo's give us true patriot in the mould of Soyinka or Ribadu every Nigerian from all the nook and corner of Nigeria would come out and support such a person. After all we all supported JJ Okocha when he was mesimerizing us with his skills in the football pitch.

But please Igbo brother's just don't mention Orji Kalu as a prospective Presidential candidate, the only job good for that scalliwag is to mow the lawns of Aso Rockt, our political sophistication in the west must not be taken for granted by some unscrupulous persons trying to peddle Orji's candidacy our sensibilities and tolerance has a limit.  undecided[/size]
Re: The Brain Box Of Nigeria: Anambra Or Ekiti? by Afam4eva(m): 10:53am On Oct 23, 2010
KnowAll:

[size=14pt]The argument that an Igbo cannot be the President of Nigeria is an invalid and fallacious argument,  and I equate it to a hit below the belt by some Yoruba enthusiast,  that line of argument is un-neccessary, if the Igbo's give us true patriot in the mould of Soyinka or Ribadu every Nigerian from all the nook and corner of Nigeria would come out and support such a person. After all we all supported JJ Okocha when he was mesimerizing us with his skills in the football pitch.

But please Igbo brother's just don't mention Orji Kalu as a prospective Presidential candidate, the only job good for that scalliwag is to mow the lawns of Aso Rockt, our political sophistication in the west must not be taken for granted by some unscrupulous persons trying to peddle Orji's candidacy our sensibilities and tolerance has a limit.  undecided[/size]

Another nairaland FOOL.
Re: The Brain Box Of Nigeria: Anambra Or Ekiti? by bigfat: 5:41pm On Oct 23, 2010
yoruba or iba
Re: The Brain Box Of Nigeria: Anambra Or Ekiti? by Dede1(m): 7:38pm On Oct 23, 2010
KnowAll:

[size=14pt]The argument that an Igbo cannot be the President of Nigeria is an invalid and fallacious argument, and I equate it to a hit below the belt by some Yoruba enthusiast, that line of argument is un-neccessary, if the Igbo's give us true patriot in the mould of Soyinka or Ribadu every Nigerian from all the nook and corner of Nigeria would come out and support such a person. After all we all supported JJ Okocha when he was mesimerizing us with his skills in the football pitch.

But please Igbo brother's just don't mention Orji Kalu as a prospective Presidential candidate, the only job good for that scalliwag is to mow the lawns of Aso Rockt, our political sophistication in the west must not be taken for granted by some unscrupulous persons trying to peddle Orji's candidacy our sensibilities and tolerance has a limit. undecided[/size]

A non-Igbo wastepipe such as Ribadu would always tickle your misplaced fancy. Go figure a dunce.
Re: The Brain Box Of Nigeria: Anambra Or Ekiti? by fijiano202(m): 11:29am On Oct 24, 2010
Mumu's,if you can call anambra the brainbox,why not call Imo state(center of commerce) or Abia state(center of excellency)
Re: The Brain Box Of Nigeria: Anambra Or Ekiti? by Abagworo(m): 11:40am On Oct 24, 2010
I wish Igbos were the way other Nigerians see them.We for no get wahala at all.Emeka Anyaoku and Pat Utomi are credible Igbos for President.
Re: The Brain Box Of Nigeria: Anambra Or Ekiti? by phantom(m): 11:41am On Oct 24, 2010
^clap for yourself, you are wise.
Re: The Brain Box Of Nigeria: Anambra Or Ekiti? by Judeylive(m): 9:49am On Nov 19, 2010
chino11:

You have continued to expose the typical Yoruba void mentality on the alter of NL. Face reality for once in your live. The entire SW (except lagos which is not yorubaland) tell me what the SW can easily boast of? From oyo to ogun, ondo to ekiti you still have mud houses in their respective state capitals which are over 100 decades. What is the essence of education if not to give us (humanbeing) a better life and living.

An average Igboman in the SW is seen as an oyibo because he lives in a good house and eats good food. Little wonder whn you behold an Igboman he is well fed, unlike an average yorobaman who resembles their almajiri brothers from the north. Like I said before what is political power without economic power? Obj ruled for 8yrs and you still have those caves and mud houses in the whole of SW capital cities. You stil have touts all over the SW killing pple all over the yorubaland.

You still have your state capitals look like glorify local councils. GEJ culdnt have made a political statement in Anambra, because the whole world not only in Nigeria knew that Anambra is an economic power. Ok tell me that UN Habitat made a political statement when they selected Onitsha among the five fast growing cities if the world

Ok read anuofia ofe mmanu : http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/features/powergame/2010/oct/17/powergame-17-10-2010-005.htm

Why do uninformed people make such a big fuss like this? You know what you are saying is totally wrong but you are saying them,anyway. Maybe because you are a liar, or you got carried away by the argument.

The bolded part: What Igbos do in Ondo and Ekiti is petty traders. They sell buns, icecream, aba-made stuffs and spare parts. They live in a room rented apartments and they own not any form of transportation except their goods cart. Not even a bicycle. I cant take it from them, they are hard working, and tis only an Igbo man that will mount a box full of buns and hawk around the street shamelessly. Their forehead has turned to ridges.

I said Ondo and Ekiti cos I grew up there and I'm 100% sure of what I'm talking about.

Oh yes, you can reply with insults and abuses. It is only here on nairaland that you see educated childish illiterates. They attack your FACTS with insults.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Inspector General Of Police Ringim Lied To Nigerians. Gej Queries Ringim / Soyinka: FG Must Fight Boko-haram / Pat Utomi Joined The ACN Party In 2011

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.