Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,133 members, 7,845,761 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 01:26 AM

Nigerian Cleaner Dancing On The Road In UAE (Photos) - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Cleaner Dancing On The Road In UAE (Photos) (61914 Views)

Texas Man Dancing On Top Of A Moving Truck Dies After Hitting Overpass (Photos) / Federal Government Evacuates 542 Stranded Nigerians From UAE (Photos) / African Lady Who Lost In The Middle Of Desert In UAE (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Cleaner Dancing On The Road In UAE (Photos) by Marcleee(m): 3:04am On Aug 03, 2019
Good thing is this, he's not disgracing us out there. Shun crime!

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Cleaner Dancing On The Road In UAE (Photos) by Nobody: 3:21am On Aug 03, 2019
frankmoney:
but he isn't spending the money in Nigeria .. so it may not be much

It is much because the economy is better. Food is cheap, transportation is cheap, electricity is cheaper cos he isn't buying generator fuel everyday. Water is available, air is clean, no area boys and agberos to extort you, you are not paying street association fee to fix your muddy streets. So yes, that money goes a long way.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Cleaner Dancing On The Road In UAE (Photos) by Nobody: 3:40am On Aug 03, 2019
grin
Re: Nigerian Cleaner Dancing On The Road In UAE (Photos) by Oritsewhandey(m): 3:54am On Aug 03, 2019
orunmila144:
he earns 4000 pounds a year
It's a lie.
British Pound sterling is way way stronger than UAE currency.
Google is your friend.
Na illiterates you think say dey here? I bow for you o.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Cleaner Dancing On The Road In UAE (Photos) by Oritsewhandey(m): 3:56am On Aug 03, 2019
orunmila144:
It's a lie.
British Pound sterling is way way stronger than UAE currency.
Google is your friend.
Na illiterates you think say dey here? I bow for you o.
Opuro aiye raye.
The strongest currency in the world is Queen Elizabeth's currency. Note that, for your information.
Re: Nigerian Cleaner Dancing On The Road In UAE (Photos) by Oritsewhandey(m): 3:57am On Aug 03, 2019
orunmila144:
Well done.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Cleaner Dancing On The Road In UAE (Photos) by GJAO: 4:09am On Aug 03, 2019
N147k as cleaner. NLC and TUC are still waiting for buhari to 18k for them. Happy escape guy.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Cleaner Dancing On The Road In UAE (Photos) by vicsongreat(m): 4:18am On Aug 03, 2019
He earns approximately #150,000.00 per month. Company gave him free accommodation, free electricity and water.... The only thing he spends on is just feeding. He will comfortably save 120k per month. Many ppl working in Nigeria with suits and tye merely earns 40 to 50 or 70k as case maybe. My friend that works in d bank earns just 60 k as a contract staff. Therefore, am happy for him bcs over there in Nigeria..... Its not easy to get a job that pays u 100k and above.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Cleaner Dancing On The Road In UAE (Photos) by QuietHammer(m): 4:58am On Aug 03, 2019
planetx:
Being a street cleaner in UAE, London, America wherever is NOT better than being a medical doctor in Nigeria. It is out of ignorance you made that statement because you have never traveled abroad before including all the people who gave you likes.
Go learn the meaning of the word "probably".
Re: Nigerian Cleaner Dancing On The Road In UAE (Photos) by Usanga35: 4:58am On Aug 03, 2019
victorian:
How many views?

22 views! And everybody just kept quiet looking at him! And in their mind saying :

Ode no bobo yi ke!

Dance ontop cleaner work! Jeez!

And he thinks, he's favoured!
Yes he is favoured...Anyone working as a cleaner in either UK or US ..earns more than You. working with Bsc here in Naija..
if u doubt me ...ask......d Cleaner.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Cleaner Dancing On The Road In UAE (Photos) by Usanga35: 5:16am On Aug 03, 2019
victorian:

I don't do runs, I'm bigger than that.

I don't even have the time or strength to sleep with different men. You wan kee me?

If my type is the only type of woman on earth, cheating and sleeping with different men won't occur. Men will be forced to be faithful.

Anyways his cleaning job is honorable. More success to his story.
Just count yourself lucky cos no better man with potentials nd money ever met u b4 dats why u think dt u re differnt from others...
A man would think that he can never steal ....dats because he hasnt seen where millions is b4

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Cleaner Dancing On The Road In UAE (Photos) by mamajj17(f): 5:39am On Aug 03, 2019
Biritiko:
igbo AMAKA the cleaner grin
Thank god he's not a developer tongue

My dear read again grin the FORUM says an Edo Boy, invariably from Edo State.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Cleaner Dancing On The Road In UAE (Photos) by mployer(m): 5:53am On Aug 03, 2019
geloorrrrdd:
LOL. such flawed comparison. That money is only big when converted to naira. And since he won't be spending the money in naira, i'm pretty sure it is not big enough.

They don't understand. House rent alone will take more than half of that amount l.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Cleaner Dancing On The Road In UAE (Photos) by onatisi(m): 6:03am On Aug 03, 2019
nigerian youths arent lazy and a very very large population of them just want or need a job and they will be very very happy to be in a place where they can at least have a chance to work and feed without going into crime but unfortunately the nigeria system has very little window of opportunities for youths except you have a well connected person as your backer or some millions in your bank account to facilitate your dreams and actualize it

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Cleaner Dancing On The Road In UAE (Photos) by obembet(f): 6:05am On Aug 03, 2019
blizard44:
The bottom line is : Wherever you find yourself, be happy.

PS:
But try to get your a$$ outta this f.ucked country .
You'd be happier for it .

If I use mistake land for South Africa , I'm not sure I would be able to contain my Joy.

I go turn Sia and Zain combine.

I can't dance but with my croaky voice, I'll sing down the world.

Na free visa now
Re: Nigerian Cleaner Dancing On The Road In UAE (Photos) by Nobody: 6:20am On Aug 03, 2019
geloorrrrdd:
LOL. such flawed comparison. That money is only big when converted to naira. And since he won't be spending the money in naira, i'm pretty sure it is not big enough.

It's still something considering that in uae are mostly tax free and sometimes your living expenses are usually paid for by your employer,so everything is for savings/straight into pocket.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Cleaner Dancing On The Road In UAE (Photos) by Cantonese: 6:21am On Aug 03, 2019
MGab25:
A dancing 26-year-old Nigerian cleaner identified as Lucky Etinosa Aivinhenyor, stole hearts on the internet after his video went viral.

The video was shared on Twitter by a road user in Abu Dhabi and it already has over 13,000 likes and 4,000 retweets. The Edo-born cleaner has only been in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) for four months and was vibing to Burna Boy’s music when he was filmed unknowingly.

“Back home in Nigeria it’s very difficult. My father died when I was 3 years old, so I had to work hard to support my family,” said Lucky who is single and the second youngest of eight children.

“Back home job opportunities are very few and it is difficult to find work, so I just feel fortunate to be working for my family.

“I’ve only been in the UAE four months but I’m so excited to be at work that I just dance. I’m always happy whatever I do.

“Anything you do, you have to give thanks,” said the street cleaner who gets two Fridays off a month and earns under Dh1,500.

“I wasn’t planning to do this work, my experience is in computers, but I’m sincerely happy in any work I do. I enjoy living in the UAE and being here never makes me feel bad. It’s much better here than where I come from.”

On his newfound fame, the cleaner employed by the Abu Dhabi Waste Management Centre Tadweer told Gulf News;

: “I’ve got no choice but to be happy and continue praying for the favour of God. If he wants to favour me he will and with this I believe he has favoured me.

“I was so surprised to see it went viral, a lot of people contacted me to say I have good vibes and rhythm, and I’m delighted by all the comments. My family haven’t seen it yet but I’m sure they will be proud.”

Watch the Video

http://www.kangolblog.com/watch-viral-video-of-a-nigerian-cleaner-dancing-in-uae-video/

This is the disgusting and disgraceful level our country has found itself. With this consistent poor leadership since the Shagari government. It was made worse by Babangida and the googled man who weekly raided the central bank using the then governor of the bank. Here we are today with a youth dancing in the street of a country that faced its own development plans seriously in the 80s. Lawma staff are highly underpaid and ill treated. With huge potentials in Nigeria D1,500 may not be more that 100K Nigeria and yet the young man is jumping there. For all we know Nigeria may have more oil reserves than the UAE. Theirs is used to develop infrstructure and human capacity. Our wealth is shamelessly embezzled by a few individuals daily. The recovered sums are embezzled again by another few who find themselves in the position at that time.

Who will rescue Nigeria from this socio-economic poverty? It gets worse daily. No food, no job, no security, no happiness, no accomodation. When Buhari won it was sai baba everywhere but mostly the northerners were rejoincing over the opportunity to make this country their own. Here we are today with the Fulanis striving hard the overrun the entire nation. Guns everywhere in the hands of the fulanis while security is used to silence the rest unarmed people. The way it is going will Nigerians not rise up one day to take their country back in the face of this relentless oppression?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Cleaner Dancing On The Road In UAE (Photos) by planetx: 6:22am On Aug 03, 2019
mployer:

They don't understand. House rent alone will take more than half of that amount l.
There is one up there claiming a street cleaner in UAE get free accommodation and electricity lol, who told this people this lies.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Cleaner Dancing On The Road In UAE (Photos) by olayinka63: 6:30am On Aug 03, 2019
MGab25:

YES! He's favoured sorely because he earns more than most top employees in the company you work, even as a cleaner wink grin grin
You can see mentality of Nigerians believing anybody in abroad is making it more than many people in Nigeria. Recently, my friend was telling me about his friend working at a factory in Dubai, UAE. He's collecting 990 Dirham. I converted this amount to naira and it's equal to #90k monthly. The guy was lamenting that he could not save and people at home thought he was rich. Now back to the cleaner above, cleaning job is unskilled job and I ask you how much do you think he would be earning? What kind of house do you think he lives? I commend him for showing happiness but don't think he is making it more than us here. Maybe skilled job can earn you more at UAE.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Cleaner Dancing On The Road In UAE (Photos) by luckygirl02(f): 6:50am On Aug 03, 2019
planetx:
There is one up there claiming a street cleaner in UAE get free accommodation and electricity lol, who told this people this lies.
Yes most employers in the UAE will give you free accommodation (bedspace) and you don't pay for electricity or WiFi. Tadweer pays 900aed per month actually.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Cleaner Dancing On The Road In UAE (Photos) by luckygirl02(f): 6:54am On Aug 03, 2019
olayinka63:

You can see mentality of Nigerians believing anybody in abroad is making it more than many people in Nigeria. Recently, my friend was telling me about his friend working at a factory in Dubai, UAE. He's collecting 990 Dirham. I converted this amount to naira and it's equal to #90k monthly. The guy was lamenting that he could not save and people at home thought he was rich. Now back to the cleaner above, cleaning job is unskilled job and I ask you how much do you think he would be earning? What kind of house do you think he lives? I commend him for showing happiness but don't think he is making it more than us here. Maybe skilled job can earn you more at UAE.
How is your friend not able to save with 90k? The salary is tax free, he gets free accommodation too even though its a bedspace. And you don't spend much on feeding because things are very cheap. You need to ask if he has been living an extravagant lifestyle. If you can't save from 90k in UAE where most of your expenses are your employers responsibilities , I doubt one can save anywhere else.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Cleaner Dancing On The Road In UAE (Photos) by Amuocha: 7:12am On Aug 03, 2019
LAWMA Staff dance pass am grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Cleaner Dancing On The Road In UAE (Photos) by o9o9: 7:30am On Aug 03, 2019
pDudd:

It is much because the economy is better. Food is cheap, transportation is cheap, electricity is cheaper cos he isn't buying generator fuel everyday. Water is available, air is clean, no area boys and agberos to extort you, you are not paying street association fee to fix your muddy streets. So yes, that money goes a long way.

You guys are incredibly ignorant. What is cheaper?

To get a studio room in Dubai just a basic room to live. You are spending 2400 AED per month. That's almost twice his montly salary. Also you have not factored in cost of feeding and other necessities. To survive he would have to live in such a room with maybe 8 other people.

A younger colleague who went to the US to study is paying $700 for a shared apartment per month. That's more than what you would pay for in a year in a mini flat in Surulere Lagos.

So you guys should stop doing these useless comparison.

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Cleaner Dancing On The Road In UAE (Photos) by naijadrivablog: 7:36am On Aug 03, 2019
MGab25:

YES! He's favoured sorely because he earns more than most top employees in the company you work, even as a cleaner wink grin grin

You are right but most menial jobs earn them between 80K(Nigerian Naira) to N150,000. I asked a neighbor who travelled to UAE and he told me that. They even live in rooms with several bed spaces. He told me that professional jobs pay better but they enjoy 24/7 electricity and "clean and crime free" environment. Though some people get jobs of more than N150k.

Except you are a professional, yahoo or drug dealer, you can't earn so much.
Re: Nigerian Cleaner Dancing On The Road In UAE (Photos) by frankmoney(m): 7:44am On Aug 03, 2019
pDudd:

and how did you know that transportation and electricity is cheaper ? What about rent ? Tax ?
Re: Nigerian Cleaner Dancing On The Road In UAE (Photos) by fabienjoe: 7:44am On Aug 03, 2019
Olukologia24592:
It's better than working on a country where a Professor obtained loan to buy Corolla Sport car of 1.2m

Lie! A professor would very easily afford that. In any case, you honestly think workers in developed nations don't live on loans? Nigeria has problems, no doubt but this feeling that once one leaves the shores of Nigeria, all his problems are solved is certainly wrong. The dancing guy deserves pity. He's in full mental slavery. What are his long term prospects? He's not likely to save enough, he's a contract worker, he's an immigrant that would be asked to leave as soon as his agency doesn't need his services anymore...and how about the issue of dignity and self esteem?

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Cleaner Dancing On The Road In UAE (Photos) by ogbonti: 7:46am On Aug 03, 2019
SoftP:
I bet he just entered his next phase of promotion. with this video, somebody will give him a better job.

Keep dreaming, you don't know arabs, they hate good vibes, positive energy and western styled music.... hmmmmm, some may be thinking he is planning to seduce their women by dancing. .. those MoFos are crazy!

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Cleaner Dancing On The Road In UAE (Photos) by yemyke001(m): 7:46am On Aug 03, 2019
Olukologia24592:
It's better than working on a country where a Professor obtained loan to buy Corolla Sport car of 1.2m

Very correct
Re: Nigerian Cleaner Dancing On The Road In UAE (Photos) by ogbonti: 7:49am On Aug 03, 2019
fabienjoe:

Lie! A professor would very easily afford that. In any case, you honestly think workers in developed nations don't live on loans? Nigeria has problems, no doubt but this feeling that once one leaves the shores of Nigeria, all his problems are solved is certainly wrong. The dancing guy deserves pity. He's in full mental slavery. What are his long term prospects? He's not likely to save enough, he's a contract worker, he's an immigrant that would be asked to leave as soon as his agency doesn't need his services anymore...and how about the issue of dignity and self esteem?

I beg tell them. . UAE, that's doesn't give citizenship no matter how long u live there, they hold on to your passport, all that ish na him person go they overjoyed to live in?

Guy is happy because he makes $400 a month, probably he lives rent free with other slave laborers in a camp, so he will send $100 to support family, feed on Pepsi and shawarma with $100 and save $200 so he is thinking after 2 years, he will save $4500 to try Europe or Canada moves. Trust me, that's why he is dancing

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Cleaner Dancing On The Road In UAE (Photos) by ogbonti: 7:59am On Aug 03, 2019
pDudd:

Have you been to the UAE before? That money is crap there. It won't last me a week even if I decide to go hyper austere....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Photo: Ikeja BRT Station Just Behind The Ikeja Train Station / My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria / Cows At Akure Airport Prevent Air Peace From Landing. Fayose, FFK React

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.