Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,615 members, 7,823,675 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:09 PM

Star Actress Funke Akindele Robbed At Gun-point - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Star Actress Funke Akindele Robbed At Gun-point (9850 Views)

Jennifer Eliogu Robbed At Gun Point In Surulere / Funke Akindele To Remarry As JJC Proposes / Pictures Of Star Actress, Chiege Alisigwe And Her Pretty Daughter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Star Actress Funke Akindele Robbed At Gun-point by shadrach77: 1:48am On Oct 18, 2010
Armed-robbers rob star actress, Funke Akindele
By Samuel Olatunji

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Dare devil-armed robbers, last week, robbed star actress, Funke Akindele at gun point in Ojodu area of Lagos. The popular actress, popularly known as ‘Jenifa’ was returning home from a visit and was in the car with some people when the armed men double-crossed her car and demanded that she handed over her valuables or risk being shot.

The actress, it was learnt, promptly obeyed and gave the sons of the gun her Blackberry phones and a bag full of money. One of the armed men who recognized her later threw a bundle of N50 000 into the car saying: ‘Jenifa, use that one to take care of yourself’. Funke was said to have been visibly shaken after the encounter and left the venue thanking God that her life was spared.

A close aide of the actress told Showbiz Now that the actress is still in a state of shock, lamenting the loss of enormous contacts and an undisclosed amount of money. ‘Funke cannot talk much now o. She is still in shock but grateful no one was hurt in the car’.

The actress, we learnt, has also postponed the premiere of her highly anticipated movie, Omo Ghetto which was to take place at the National Arts Theatre on October 24. The reason behind the postponement is still unclear and no one can say for sure if the robbery incident has anything to do with it.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/features/showpiece/2010/oct/17/showpiece-17-10-2010-002.htm
Re: Star Actress Funke Akindele Robbed At Gun-point by Nobody: 11:25pm On Oct 18, 2010
who gives a ?
Re: Star Actress Funke Akindele Robbed At Gun-point by WackyJ1(m): 8:45pm On Oct 19, 2010
hoot.
Re: Star Actress Funke Akindele Robbed At Gun-point by nellaluv(f): 10:10pm On Oct 19, 2010
pele
Re: Star Actress Funke Akindele Robbed At Gun-point by bawomolo(m): 10:51pm On Oct 19, 2010
haha they took her crackberry too.

One of the armed men who recognized her later threw a bundle of N50 000 into the car saying: ‘Jenifa, use that one to take care of yourself’.

cruel comedy.
Re: Star Actress Funke Akindele Robbed At Gun-point by Dolemite(f): 10:53pm On Oct 19, 2010
babaearly:

who gives a ?

WackyJ1:

hoot.

So callous. undecided
Re: Star Actress Funke Akindele Robbed At Gun-point by teeboyseve(m): 10:56pm On Oct 19, 2010
Wat Eva,
Re: Star Actress Funke Akindele Robbed At Gun-point by Nobody: 10:57pm On Oct 19, 2010
Who cares? Is she the first?
The should have robbed that wig on her head.
Re: Star Actress Funke Akindele Robbed At Gun-point by Tolulop001(f): 11:03pm On Oct 19, 2010
^^^una people harsh oh!
Re: Star Actress Funke Akindele Robbed At Gun-point by whiteroses(f): 11:03pm On Oct 19, 2010
is that razz ilekeidi on crack? if you cant sympathize you say nada, cos shes a star doesnt mean you can bad mouth her it could happen to anyone
Re: Star Actress Funke Akindele Robbed At Gun-point by Nobody: 11:04pm On Oct 19, 2010
[size=18pt]One of the armed men who recognized her later threw a bundle of N50 000 into the car saying: ‘Jenifa, use that one to take care of yourself’.[/size]

ROTFLMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

HAHAHAHHA!!!!
Re: Star Actress Funke Akindele Robbed At Gun-point by Tolulop001(f): 11:05pm On Oct 19, 2010
whiteroses:

is that razz ilekeidi on crack? if you cant sympathize you shud shut up really cos shes a star doesnt mean you can bad mouth her it could happen to anyone

but that thing on her head is hilarious seriously  cheesy
Re: Star Actress Funke Akindele Robbed At Gun-point by Nobody: 11:05pm On Oct 19, 2010
Anyone knows that I loff Jenifa, but seriously, she got robbed. So?
Is she not alive to tell the news?

roll eyes. Oya pele o.
Re: Star Actress Funke Akindele Robbed At Gun-point by topsywest(m): 11:07pm On Oct 19, 2010
eeeya, I feel for the chick,

But wait a minute, what do you expect in an insecured society where poverty is rife and pangs of hunger are felt like a second skin?
Where a privileged few flaunt their wealth (whether ill-gotten or clean-gotten) at the faces of desperate people?

My advise, in order to forestall such incidences, our actresses/actors including musicians should stop showing off their wealth and live low like average human beings that they are!

Yesterday somewhere in Zaria, a lecturer's husband was shot dead by dare devil armed robbers and they made away with his 2009 model range rover jeep.

Dear sister, I thank God that you wrer not hurt in the process but careful next time oooh!
Re: Star Actress Funke Akindele Robbed At Gun-point by eleshin(m): 11:14pm On Oct 19, 2010
may GOD cont 2 b her guide
Re: Star Actress Funke Akindele Robbed At Gun-point by sillyboy(m): 11:16pm On Oct 19, 2010
@ Topic.

Na my head catch am!. . . .for robbing me of $25 when she came to NJ (August) for the premiere of that stupid movie . . .(Omo Ghetto) and her stupid "rass" birthday party. angry angry angry

she only showed the movie for less than 20 minutes and she started dancing owambe! angry angry angry

Thanks to d robbers. . . . god bless you.
Re: Star Actress Funke Akindele Robbed At Gun-point by WackyJ1(m): 11:17pm On Oct 19, 2010
Dolemite:

So callous. undecided
Callous? No.
Seriously so she got mugged, so. I feel sorry for her and her blackberry.
Re: Star Actress Funke Akindele Robbed At Gun-point by nellaluv(f): 11:22pm On Oct 19, 2010
Her wig is sumtin else, lol
Re: Star Actress Funke Akindele Robbed At Gun-point by oge4real(f): 11:30pm On Oct 19, 2010
Hard luck Jenifa.
Re: Star Actress Funke Akindele Robbed At Gun-point by mbulela: 11:38pm On Oct 19, 2010
sillyboy:

@ Topic.

Na my head catch am!. . . .for robbing me of $25 when she came to NJ (August) for the premiere of that silly movie . . .(Omo Ghetto) and her silly "rass" birthday party. angry angry angry

she only showed the movie for less than 20 minutes and she started dancing owambe! angry angry angry

Thanks to d robbers. . . . god bless you.

you harsh o!
Re: Star Actress Funke Akindele Robbed At Gun-point by blackweaver(m): 11:53pm On Oct 19, 2010
shadrach77:

The actress, it was learnt, promptly obeyed and gave the sons of the gun her Blackberry phones and a bag full of money. One of the armed men who recognized her later threw a bundle of N50 000 into the car saying: ‘Jenifa, use that one to take care of yourself’.
http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/features/showpiece/2010/oct/17/showpiece-17-10-2010-002.htm 
if they returned that much? i wonder how much they actually took
Re: Star Actress Funke Akindele Robbed At Gun-point by Mobinga: 11:58pm On Oct 19, 2010
Isn't it that girl that used to act some high school show back then?? Wow!! She's now fat womanly
Re: Star Actress Funke Akindele Robbed At Gun-point by MAKLIZ: 11:59pm On Oct 19, 2010
What is she doing with lots of money at that time.
Doesn't she have a bank account?
Re: Star Actress Funke Akindele Robbed At Gun-point by WackyJ1(m): 12:00am On Oct 20, 2010
i wonder
Re: Star Actress Funke Akindele Robbed At Gun-point by samoks(m): 12:19am On Oct 20, 2010
Gbogbo Bigz girlzzzzz, welcome to the real world
Re: Star Actress Funke Akindele Robbed At Gun-point by Obinoscopy(m): 12:31am On Oct 20, 2010
"One of the armed men who recognized her later threw a bundle of N50 000 into the car saying: ‘Jenifa, use that one to take care of yourself’"

The Armed Robber is giving her the money as if its his own! We are living in a society where the Armed Robbers are supposedly the ones in control of our money, our property and even our lives!!
Re: Star Actress Funke Akindele Robbed At Gun-point by kabukabu50(m): 1:00am On Oct 20, 2010
I have never heard of any hollywood actor/actress being robbed

Re: Star Actress Funke Akindele Robbed At Gun-point by Dsense(m): 1:07am On Oct 20, 2010
Eeyah, I feel sorry for her.
Re: Star Actress Funke Akindele Robbed At Gun-point by Basics007: 1:25am On Oct 20, 2010
Hope she's got a back-up for her SIM contacts
Re: Star Actress Funke Akindele Robbed At Gun-point by bashydemy(m): 1:32am On Oct 20, 2010
Sorry they should given her back her sim now cry cry cry
Re: Star Actress Funke Akindele Robbed At Gun-point by buzugee(m): 1:45am On Oct 20, 2010
Re: Star Actress Funke Akindele Robbed At Gun-point by ladej(m): 1:46am On Oct 20, 2010
moral of the story, its better to be famous. not only dont u get shot at in a robbery but u also get a discount[50k]

funke pele oooooooooooo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Actor Ibrahim Chatta Weds Budding Actress, Lizzie Berry In Lagos (pics) / Chidinma and Yvonne Nelson Without Make Up. Who will you go for?? / Georgina Onuoha Shares Pictures Of Her Beautiful Mother

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.