Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,758 members, 7,809,922 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:13 PM

Help!!! First Bank PLC Has Been Scamming Me Of My Hard Hustled Money - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Help!!! First Bank PLC Has Been Scamming Me Of My Hard Hustled Money (1549 Views)

Alert: Simplepay.ng Have Been Scamming Nigerians. See This / Childhood Throwback Photo Of Herbert Wigwe, CEO Of Access Bank PLC / Aminu Babangida Appointed As Chairman Of Unity Bank Plc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help!!! First Bank PLC Has Been Scamming Me Of My Hard Hustled Money by QuickStandard: 7:53am On Aug 05, 2019
Good morning Nairalanders.

Please I need an advice.

First Bank is scamming me of my hard earned money
So, it first happened August last (2018) year when I used Paga to withdraw money, (#3,100) I was debited even when the transaction was declined. I was asked to go to my bank, which I did. I was given a form to fill but nothing happened, no refund nor reversal. I went there severally but nothing was done, I even called first bank several times, but nothing was done. When it appeared that I was spending more than the #3,100 I was debited I decided to stop.

Fast forward to May this year (2019) I did another POS transaction (#4,100) and another (#1,000) in a grocery store, both transactions though not successful, but I was debited non the less.

I went to the bank (first bank) to complain, as usual they gave me a form to fill, but till date nothing has been done about it. No refund nor reversal.

Then on Friday 2nd August I used an ATM machine to withdraw #5,000, I was debited but was not paid.

Now am a bit frustrated, cause I don't even know what to do.

Worst part of it is their customer care service... I have called several times without them picking up, for hours, and my airtime continues to burn.

Please is there anyone that has had similar problems with any bank, what was or is the best way to go about it to get my money back?

I resolved to go to any first bank branch to make trouble, but on a second thought I want to seek advice, so as not to take laws into my hands.

Please help as this is getting me mad, I can't be loosing my hard hustled money to an already rich bank.

Please Admin help a brother, am sick and tired of this occurrences.

Cc Lalasticlala
Cc Seun

Re: Help!!! First Bank PLC Has Been Scamming Me Of My Hard Hustled Money by layzie: 7:58am On Aug 05, 2019
Call them now on 07080625000 or visit a branch, fill out the form and also request to see the service manager. Ensure u have your dates and dispute amounts handy
Re: Help!!! First Bank PLC Has Been Scamming Me Of My Hard Hustled Money by QuickStandard: 8:04am On Aug 05, 2019
layzie:
Call them now on 07080625000 or visit a branch, fill out the form and also request to see the service manager. Ensure u have your dates and dispute amounts handy

My brother, I have done all that.
I have seen the BSM on this issue severally but she keeps saying gibberish.

On Wednesday i called the customer care line for 55mins, no one answered.

I have filled the said form but till now no response from them.
Re: Help!!! First Bank PLC Has Been Scamming Me Of My Hard Hustled Money by QuickStandard: 8:07am On Aug 05, 2019
I even had to print out the hard copy of my statement of accounts as a reference..... What I have in mind to do might not be very palatable
Re: Help!!! First Bank PLC Has Been Scamming Me Of My Hard Hustled Money by layzie: 8:26am On Aug 05, 2019
QuickStandard:

My brother, I have done all that.
I have seen the BSM on this issue severally but she keeps saying gibberish.

On Wednesday i called the customer care line for 55mins, no one answered.

I have filled the said form but till now no response from them.

U said that already in your post. That's y I said call now. That u were on hold before doesn't mean u will be on hold now. This is morning.
What exactly was 'the gibberish' u were told?
Re: Help!!! First Bank PLC Has Been Scamming Me Of My Hard Hustled Money by ifex370(m): 8:35am On Aug 05, 2019
QuickStandard:
Good morning Nairalanders.

Please I need an advice.

First Bank is scamming me of my hard earned money
So, it first happened August last (2018) year when I used Paga to withdraw money, (#3,100) I was debited even when the transaction was declined. I was asked to go to my bank, which I did. I was given a form to fill but nothing happened, no refund nor reversal. I went there severally but nothing was done, I even called first bank several times, but nothing was done. When it appeared that I was spending more than the #3,100 I was debited I decided to stop.

Fast forward to May this year (2019) I did another POS transaction (#4,100) and another (#1,000) in a grocery store, both transactions though not successful, but I was debited non the less.

I went to the bank (first bank) to complain, as usual they gave me a form to fill, but till date nothing has been done about it. No refund nor reversal.

Then on Friday 2nd August I used an ATM machine to withdraw #5,000, I was debited but was not paid.

Now am a bit frustrated, cause I don't even know what to do.

Worst part of it is their customer care service... I have called several times without them picking up, for hours, and my airtime continues to burn.

Please is there anyone that has had similar problems with any bank, what was or is the best way to go about it to get my money back?

I resolved to go to any first bank branch to make trouble, but on a second thought I want to seek advice, so as not to take laws into my hands.

Please help as this is getting me mad, I can't be loosing my hard hustled money to an already rich bank.

Please Admin help a brother, am sick and tired of this occurrences.

Cc Lalasticlala
Cc Seun

Just involve CBN, watch them run around for your money.

5 Likes

Re: Help!!! First Bank PLC Has Been Scamming Me Of My Hard Hustled Money by QuickStandard: 8:42am On Aug 05, 2019
layzie:

U said that already in your post. That's y I said call now. That u were on hold before doesn't mean u will be on hold now. This is morning.
What exactly was 'the gibberish' u were told?

That there's nothing they can do at the branch level, except from the headquarters, and I have to be patient.
Don't you think this is gibberish?

But am sure if I go there with trouble, there will be something they would be able to do......

And concerning the call to customer care, the only time they picked, they said it has been logged in, and I have to wait.

This is August! How long do you think I will have to wait

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help!!! First Bank PLC Has Been Scamming Me Of My Hard Hustled Money by QuickStandard: 8:43am On Aug 05, 2019
ifex370:

Just involve CBN, watch them run around for your money.

Please how do I involve CBN?
Re: Help!!! First Bank PLC Has Been Scamming Me Of My Hard Hustled Money by gaby(m): 8:55am On Aug 05, 2019
QuickStandard:

Go to CBN's website....you'd get details on how to go about it and an email dedicated to such cases to be reported to the cbn.
Re: Help!!! First Bank PLC Has Been Scamming Me Of My Hard Hustled Money by layzie: 9:01am On Aug 05, 2019
QuickStandard:

That there's nothing they can do at the branch level, except from the headquarters, and I have to be patient.
Don't you think this is gibberish?

But am sure if I go there with trouble, there will be something they would be able to do......

And concerning the call to customer care, the only time they picked, they said it has been logged in, and I have to wait.

This is August! How long do you think I will have to wait

From your posts, the issue was in May. It's resolution is long overdue. U need to find out the resolution since customer care told u its been logged. Could it be that the bank that owns the Pos declined? Could it also be that ur money has been reversed already? U need to know, which still takes u back to either calling or visiting a branch. Ask for the resolution of the log, it normally comes 10working days time frame. Ur case is 3months already. I suspect u don't want to spend credit on calls, so u can do mail Firstcontact@firstbanknigeria.com since u obviously own an Internet enabled device or u tweet. You will get a response today.
Re: Help!!! First Bank PLC Has Been Scamming Me Of My Hard Hustled Money by ifex370(m): 9:49am On Aug 05, 2019

1 Like

Re: Help!!! First Bank PLC Has Been Scamming Me Of My Hard Hustled Money by moneynavy(m): 10:26am On Aug 05, 2019
Send first bank a mail and then copy CBN, with a funny title, then they will refund you in 48 hours.
Re: Help!!! First Bank PLC Has Been Scamming Me Of My Hard Hustled Money by QuickStandard: 11:07am On Aug 05, 2019
layzie:

From your posts, the issue was in May. It's resolution is long overdue. U need to find out the resolution since customer care told u its been logged. Could it be that the bank that owns the Pos declined? Could it also be that ur money has been reversed already? U need to know, which still takes u back to either calling or visiting a branch. Ask for the resolution of the log, it normally comes 10working days time frame. Ur case is 3months already. I suspect u don't want to spend credit on calls, so u can do mail Firstcontact@firstbanknigeria.com since u obviously own an Internet enabled device or u tweet. You will get a response today.

Thanks alot for your input.
I will try exploring the email option
Re: Help!!! First Bank PLC Has Been Scamming Me Of My Hard Hustled Money by Nobody: 11:38am On Aug 05, 2019
Bro, just go to a branch and naked yourself and sit on the floor. Trust me, they will refund you back with compensation immediately. It works like magic!
Re: Help!!! First Bank PLC Has Been Scamming Me Of My Hard Hustled Money by jamace(m): 11:53am On Aug 05, 2019
Mysteriouz:
Bro, just go to a branch and naked yourself and sit on the floor. Trust me, they will refund you back with compensation immediately. It works like magic!
grin grin
Re: Help!!! First Bank PLC Has Been Scamming Me Of My Hard Hustled Money by Treasure17(m): 1:24pm On Aug 05, 2019
Mysteriouz:
Lol. Too extreme and weird. Just like some have said, just forward your complain to CBN with evidence.

2 Likes

Re: Help!!! First Bank PLC Has Been Scamming Me Of My Hard Hustled Money by Bluehill1051: 3:41pm On Aug 05, 2019
Must it always be ppl that have chicken change that complain up and down?! undecided
By the way, did u know u can get access to anyone first bank acct without knowing the pin? All u need is the acct number and the persons phone
Re: Help!!! First Bank PLC Has Been Scamming Me Of My Hard Hustled Money by olaben16: 6:12pm On Aug 05, 2019
Bluehill1051:
Must it always be ppl that have chicken change that complain up and down?! undecided
By the way, did u know u can get access to anyone first bank acct without knowing the pin? All u need is the acct number and the persons phone

You can as refund him, since it's chicken change.

Somebody complaints about unfair treatment from a bank, and all you could come up with is that he's complaining up and down....SMH

5 Likes

Re: Help!!! First Bank PLC Has Been Scamming Me Of My Hard Hustled Money by CheapDataGuy: 8:16pm On Aug 05, 2019
Boss na wettin I suffer for first bank hand too b dat before I run go open gtb
Till date, my 21k still dey hang with them.
I fill those forms tire like finalist student wey dey write project
Re: Help!!! First Bank PLC Has Been Scamming Me Of My Hard Hustled Money by Nobody: 7:51am On Aug 06, 2019
CheapDataGuy:
Boss na wettin I suffer for first bank hand too b dat before I run go open gtb
Till date, my 21k still dey hang with them.
I fill those forms tire like finalist student wey dey write project

@ quickstandard

Send your complaint to CBN email cpd@cbn.gov.ng and contactcbn@cbn.gov.ng.

I had same issues with zenith bank. I almost gave up the money after about two months until I saw the email information on CBN twitter account. I sent a complaint to CBN . My money was refunded. And it was just #1,400

Be sure to attach evidence that you've tried to resolve it first with your bank to no avail

1 Like

Re: Help!!! First Bank PLC Has Been Scamming Me Of My Hard Hustled Money by CheapDataGuy: 8:29am On Aug 06, 2019
NnaaGuy:

@ quickstandard

Send your complaint to CBN email cpd@cbn.gov.ng and contactcbn@cbn.gov.ng.

I had same issues with zenith bank. I almost gave up the money after about two months until I saw the email information on CBN twitter account. I sent a complaint to CBN . My money was refunded. And it was just #1,400

Be sure to attach evidence that you've tried to resolve it first with your bank to no avail

Wow thank you sir. I will do as you outlined

1 Like

Re: Help!!! First Bank PLC Has Been Scamming Me Of My Hard Hustled Money by babyfaceafrica: 8:38am On Aug 06, 2019
banks and politicians are the greatest scammers in this country ..they are always looking for the means to rip people off,!

1 Like

Re: Help!!! First Bank PLC Has Been Scamming Me Of My Hard Hustled Money by pastie(m): 9:25am On Aug 06, 2019
Bunch of thieves disguising as bank charging outrageous amount for unknown services, I will never use that bank again,
Never, thieves

1 Like

Re: Help!!! First Bank PLC Has Been Scamming Me Of My Hard Hustled Money by QuickStandard: 2:58am On Aug 10, 2019
pastie:
Bunch of thieves disguising as bank charging outrageous amount for unknown services, I will never use that bank again,
Never, thieves

Does this happen to everyone or just me?

Withdrew #5,000 using Sterling Bank ATM on Saturday last week. I was debited even when I wasn't paid. Till now no reversal, even though I have gone to first bank to complain and also filled out a form.

#Enoughoffirstbank
Re: Help!!! First Bank PLC Has Been Scamming Me Of My Hard Hustled Money by pakmoni(m): 3:53am On Aug 10, 2019
when Uba tried that rubbish with me last year , I went to complain same thing they gave me form to fill told to come next,...went there again the second time they still give another form to fill, they wanted to try it the third time,...I fling the form I stop speaking English and change to pidgin, they were taking me for a calm guy, I removed my shirt cause that day mean business,....they refunded my money before 24hours

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help!!! First Bank PLC Has Been Scamming Me Of My Hard Hustled Money by expert234: 5:52am On Aug 10, 2019
QuickStandard:

You can get results faster on Twitter. Send a tweet to First Bank, quoting CBN (mention CBN twitter handle in the tweet) or send a tweet to CBN quoting First Bank. Either of them, or maybe both of them, will respond almost instantly.

2 Likes

Re: Help!!! First Bank PLC Has Been Scamming Me Of My Hard Hustled Money by Inehmesit: 4:04pm On Aug 29, 2019
Bro, have you experienced the same issue before?
expert234:

You can get results faster on Twitter. Send a tweet to First Bank, quoting CBN (mention CBN twitter handle in the tweet) or send a tweet to CBN quoting First Bank. Either of them, or maybe both of them, will respond almost instantly.
Re: Help!!! First Bank PLC Has Been Scamming Me Of My Hard Hustled Money by ekowo: 5:29pm On Aug 29, 2019
I'm facing exactly the same issue right now. Infact in my case, I have a negative balance when I didn't borrow any money from the bank. They don't even have any explanation as to why my money is missing from my account. I'm even getting tired of following up the case. I'll try to see how I can get my money back and then close that account for good.
Re: Help!!! First Bank PLC Has Been Scamming Me Of My Hard Hustled Money by ekowo: 5:31pm On Aug 29, 2019
ekowo:
I'm facing exactly the same issue right now. Infact in my case, I have a negative balance when I didn't borrow any money from the bank. They don't even have any explanation as to why my money is missing from my account. I'm even getting tired of following up the case. I'll try to see how I can get my money back and then close that account for good.
Still the same First Bank
Re: Help!!! First Bank PLC Has Been Scamming Me Of My Hard Hustled Money by QuickStandard: 8:03am On Aug 30, 2019
ekowo:

Honestly, first bank is the most fraudulent bank.

Very soon, the youth will start boycotting the bank.
They think they are too big, that's why you will have an issue and after complaining, they will turn a deaf ear.

1 Like

Re: Help!!! First Bank PLC Has Been Scamming Me Of My Hard Hustled Money by generationz(f): 8:39am On Sep 07, 2019
pakmoni:
when Uba tried that rubbish with me last year , I went to complain same thing they gave me form to fill told to come next,...went there again the second time they still give another form to fill, they wanted to try it the third time,...I fling the form I stop speaking English and change to pidgin, they were taking me for a calm guy, I removed my shirt cause that day mean business,....they refunded my money before 24hours

grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Make Money From Your Phone Using Smart Contracts / Theft at Work; Department is Under My Supervision / 100, 000 + Naira Investments, Any Information Is Useful

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.