Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,917 members, 7,835,065 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:58 AM

Gunshots As Policemen, Soldiers Chase #revolutionnow Protesters From Lagos Venue - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gunshots As Policemen, Soldiers Chase #revolutionnow Protesters From Lagos Venue (35457 Views)

Lawyers To Free 13 Lekki Protesters From Lagos Police / Police Clamp Down On #RevolutionNow Protesters In Lagos, Osun (Photos) / Police Block BBOG Protesters From Seeing Buhari (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gunshots As Policemen, Soldiers Chase #revolutionnow Protesters From Lagos Venue by BanevsJoker(m): 12:50pm On Aug 05, 2019
Japsylee:

Another 25k a month rat....lol
I think say na 30k, abi dem don reduce am?
Re: Gunshots As Policemen, Soldiers Chase #revolutionnow Protesters From Lagos Venue by piagetskinner(m): 12:50pm On Aug 05, 2019
A revolution can never happen when we keep swallowing the shit the government forces on us

When we keep talking from both sides of our mouth

When the few who are willing to protest are frustrated by the police

When we claim to be in a democratic era, but are ruled by a tyrant presidiot
Re: Gunshots As Policemen, Soldiers Chase #revolutionnow Protesters From Lagos Venue by tundemania: 12:51pm On Aug 05, 2019
Why we fired teargas at #RevolutionNow protesters ‘Police Review ‘(VIDEO)

Click to watch the video

>>>>>>https://maniagist.com/2019/08/05/why-we-fired-teargas-at-revolutionnow-protesters-police-review-video/

Re: Gunshots As Policemen, Soldiers Chase #revolutionnow Protesters From Lagos Venue by jessebig: 1:33pm On Aug 05, 2019
Ecstasy154:
Members of the RevolutionNow movement who converged on the National Stadium, Surulere, Lagos, on Monday, were forcefully dispersed by soldiers and policemen.

The protesters, who arrived at the stadium around 7am on Monday, for the kick-off of the protest met a detachment of policemen at the entrance of the stadium.

Some soldiers later joined the policemen.

Eliaz Ozikpu, one of the protesters told TheCable, that he was discussing the protest plans with others when security operatives crossed over the road to meet them.

“We were standing here, while they watched us from the other side. Suddenly, they moved on us and said we can’t talk to the press. We weren’t even talking to the press yet. We were addressing ourselves,” he said.

The protesters, however, started chanting calling for the release of Omoyele Sowore, convener of the movement who was arrested Saturday by operatives of the Department of State Services (DSS).

More to follow…

https://www.thecable.ng/breaking-gunshots-as-policemen-soldiers-chase-revolutionnow-protesters-from-lagos-venue

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_5UARpzo6s
Re: Gunshots As Policemen, Soldiers Chase #revolutionnow Protesters From Lagos Venue by Ramsak1: 2:15pm On Aug 05, 2019
sexyking1:
Using police and army to stop a peaceful protest in a democratically elected govt is what I call treasonable felony! Buhari has committed another coup on Nigerians.
Lol...ah no fit laff oh
Treasonable felony?? cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Gunshots As Policemen, Soldiers Chase #revolutionnow Protesters From Lagos Venue by olutunde12(m): 3:13pm On Aug 05, 2019
[quote author=NaijaRoyalty post=80954256]Why is the government afraid of the people ?

I think sey the useless President no dey fea

Nigeria is crying.
Re: Gunshots As Policemen, Soldiers Chase #revolutionnow Protesters From Lagos Venue by wasi9ice: 3:28pm On Aug 05, 2019
Let's see the reaction from Tinubu
Re: Gunshots As Policemen, Soldiers Chase #revolutionnow Protesters From Lagos Venue by efficiencie(m): 12:33pm On Aug 06, 2019
obajiluke:

I disagree totally with your idea. lemme tackle the "power supply solution" you raised with a question, what does your government do with our taxes?

Although i am not in support of violence, but we need to mount pressure on this government that embezzles public fund with IMPUNITY!

#RevolutionNow!!!!!!!!!

Lol! Dude, you are talking of what the government is doing with your taxes? Are you not aware that governments tend to use resources for interests that are often not national interests? If you were an Economists I will refer you to the flypaper effect theory which proves this point and guess what, this effect was not discovered in developing countries but in advanced economies...

We have had governments since 1960 tell me what they have achieved? Countries are built by people. The government is made up of people and so are other institutions. If a group of people who make up the government decide not to do something meaningful towards addressing the ills of the society shouldn't you and I and other concerned citizens band together, combine ideas and find a way out? Isn't this the best form of revolution? Doesn't this render us completely independent of the government? Doesn't this reduce the draconian powers of the government granted to them as a result of our over-dependence on the government?

Dude you can protest all you want. The president has given charge to all armed forces and I am sure you know that the armed forces are not armed with sticks, stones and rants. I hope you know they are armed with rifles, bullets, bombs, tanks, jets, warships and other terrible names that don't sound nice and you are also aware of how agile the armed forces are when it comes to flexing their muscles against civilians who cannot match them fire for fire...Only a fool will realize all this and still claim that the best form of revolution will be to jump into the streets and start shouting revolution!

In the battle between the waves and the rocks, the waves will always win... We can undermine the government without losing a single life. We can bring the government to its knees without allowing the armed forces fire a single shot. We can make the government realize the power of a people united in a common cause...people committed to building the nation with their very own hands

If as a people we kill this every man for himself ideal, if as a people we destroy our individualism and embrace our age old communal way of living, If as a people, both the rich and poor, begin to play our role towards building our communities as our forefathers did before the colonialist divide us to rule us...we can build the country, without the help of a government!

Any alternative to this will result in unnecessary bloodletting...remember Libya, Egypt, Sudan etc these countries are no longer on the relatively peaceful trajectory there were once on. We need to be careful that our so called revolution does not revolve about perpetual anarchy!

1 Like

Re: Gunshots As Policemen, Soldiers Chase #revolutionnow Protesters From Lagos Venue by obajiluke: 1:14pm On Aug 06, 2019
efficiencie:

Lol! Dude, you are talking of what the government is doing with your taxes? Are you not aware that governments tend to use resources for interests that are often not national interests? If you were an Economists I will refer you to the flypaper effect theory which proves this point and guess what, this effect was not discovered in developing countries but in advanced economies...

We have had governments since 1960 tell me what they have achieved? Countries are built by people. The government is made up of people and so are other institutions. If a group of people who make up the government decide not to do something meaningful towards addressing the ills of the society shouldn't you and I and other concerned citizens band together, combine ideas and find a way out? Isn't this the best form of revolution? Doesn't this render us completely independent of the government? Doesn't this reduce the draconian powers of the government granted to them as a result of our over-dependence on the government?

Dude you can protest all you want. The president has given charge to all armed forces and I am sure you know that the armed forces are not armed with sticks, stones and rants. I hope you know they are armed with rifles, bullets, bombs, tanks, jets, warships and other terrible names that don't sound nice and you are also aware of how agile the armed forces are when it comes to flexing their muscles against civilians who cannot match them fire for fire...Only a fool will realize all this and still claim that the best form of revolution will be to jump into the streets and start shouting revolution!

In the battle between the waves and the rocks, the waves will always win... We can undermine the government without losing a single life. We can bring the government to its knees without allowing the armed forces fire a single shot. We can make the government realize the power of a people united in a common cause...people committed to building the nation with their very own hands

If as a people we kill this every man for himself ideal, if as a people we destroy our individualism and embrace our age old communal way of living, If as a people, both the rich and poor, begin to play our role towards building our communities as our forefathers did before the colonialist divide us to rule us...we can build the country, without the help of a government!

Any alternative to this will result in unnecessary bloodletting...remember Libya, Egypt, Sudan etc these countries are no longer on the relatively peaceful trajectory there were once on. We need to be careful that our so called revolution does not revolve about perpetual anarchy!

I sincerely love your articulate piece!

Now, let's dissect it to pieces.

First of all, you said and I quote:

"shouldn't you and I and other concerned citizens band together, combine ideas and find a way out? Isn't this the best form of revolution? Doesn't this render us completely independent of the government? Doesn't this reduce the draconian powers of the government granted to them as a result of our over-dependence on the government?"

You and I know that one of our major problems in Nigeria is Power Supply. How do you suggest that we "the concerned citizens band together, combine ideas" and provide close to 40,000-80,000 Mega watts? Please, once you have the possible solution, drop it and we will see of a way out.

Number two,
I presume you know economics pretty well judging with your flypaper effect above, you must have heard of Keynes?

"if we wait for the hands of demand and supply to fix our equilibrium price, we will all be dead! Hence, the need for Government intervention."

That's by the way, my major point here is, if you have read about the Asian Tigers, you'll see reasons that if we had leaders who are holistically futuristic, we won't be here arguing about this. A brief example, during the Oil boom in the mid 1970s, Yakubu Gowon, came out on air and said Nigeria had so much money, but the problem was how to spend it. Cut a long story short, the myopic man built FESTAC with the money, and shared the houses there, this had NO economic benefit at all. In order not to bore you, compare this Gowon's spending with the Asian Tigers and what they did with their money then, how their economy is now and their plan for the future!

Number three,
I agree with you on we killing our individualism, 100%!

In conclusion, if we continue to sit down and continue to talk without doing anything, nothing much would happen. my major fear is what would be the fate of our unborn generation?

If the government of the day continues like this...................and we neglect them as you are proposing!
Re: Gunshots As Policemen, Soldiers Chase #revolutionnow Protesters From Lagos Venue by akinonigbinde: 8:50pm On Aug 22, 2019

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Court Orders Forfeiture Of Okorocha’s Properties Acquired Between 2011 To 2019 / Sex For Appointment Scandal Rocks Presidency - Naij.com / Ahmad Lawan, Senate Delegation Visit Late Uwajumogu Family

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.