Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,034 members, 7,818,055 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:07 AM

Do You Have A Step Mum? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Do You Have A Step Mum? (11236 Views)

Sleeping With My Step-mum Seems To Be My Only Chance For Survival / Sleeping With My Step-mum Seems To Be My Only Chance For Survival / My Mother Became Jealous When She Heard We Were Becoming Close To Our Step Mum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Have A Step Mum? by clemcykul(f): 11:58am On Mar 18, 2008
if ure married make ur marriage work! i dont pardone divorce, stick to hubby becuzz of ur children and pray to God for a change.

as for step mums 4get it, they see the kids as thier rival and as such dey must be dominated, and not allowed love from their fada's.
Re: Do You Have A Step Mum? by Deji1010(m): 2:52am On Mar 23, 2008
The result of stepmum can be view from Abraham,Sarah and Hagar experience.
kindly read Genesis 16,17vs15-27.
To every first ordained marriage there is a good convenant and that is what God eventually give
to Sarah's son Isaac,
issues of stepmum/breaking home is another big social constraint that have put African
developmental initiatives in a poor state compare to our white brothers.
I have 1 stepmum 4 her behaviour towards me and my siblings-i hand over that critical part of life to God's throne of mercy to judge.
Re: Do You Have A Step Mum? by Arlington(f): 12:51pm On Apr 09, 2008
STEP MOM! I have read all of the stories here about them but none can beat my father's wife. I say nobody she is the devils footstool, i am sure  she and the devil share a shot of ogogoro first thing in the morning .
The woman was wicked, shocked Jesus save me.
Someone who will go out naked on the street and swear for us the children, because she had a fight with  our father. Will say when my brother eats she does not want to hear him swallow.

She was involved with juju and she was not hiding it ,till today we still know she is involved ,but she is the one who goes to night vigils.
If you wake up 2am in the morning to use the bathroom, she is up looking at you pass her ,as she refused to sleep in her bedroom she slept in the living room, wake up 4am she is up looking at you  holding a bible in her hands .

Because of that woman i have many  issues,  i can not eat rice that is not burnt, i must not see even a drop of water inside or else i will not eat it , even if i am dying of hunger.as i was subjected to eating rice with water inside due to the fact she would cook 3 cups of rice for 8 people and add like 7 litters of water to make it swell and believe me we had enough rice at home. just wickedness i could write a book about her, she was just plain evil.

I would fight for my children no matter what , than leave my children with any man so as not to let them see what i went through. That woman made me confess Jesus is lord oh.
Re: Do You Have A Step Mum? by spora1: 1:19pm On Apr 09, 2008
Arlington:

The woman was wicked, shocked Jesus save me.

That woman made me confess Jesus is lord oh.

Irony of life!
Re: Do You Have A Step Mum? by kingdong(m): 1:31pm On Apr 09, 2008
i had10
Re: Do You Have A Step Mum? by joshjosh(m): 1:38pm On Apr 09, 2008
dont you just love all these polygamists and serial cheats? never stay committed to one man or one woman. where ever you see skirts jump in and for the women any easy money and easy life would do after all every little helps. dont you love these pains they cause everywhere they go?
Re: Do You Have A Step Mum? by kayfeyi: 1:53pm On Apr 09, 2008
Hi GREAT NAIRALAND,
I want your advice with this problem have been for a long time I don’t know what to do please I need serious person to respond to this mail is my life I want to share with you my great naira land people.
My mother is late, and I have father as if I don’t have he doesn’t take any responsibility of the family since I want young. my mother and my father both living as husband and wife when I was still young I was in primary school then,my mother own the residence where we living but nobody never no such things that the house belong to my mother,my mother was a great trader while my father was a civil servant, thing was going fine then both of them now decided to have another land which was bought in my father name after sometime my father just decided to leave my mother I went to another apartment that is closer to the land my father bought, when he was going he decided to take everyone of us to the house that he rented to the closer land apart from my mother that her left behind, after sometime my father decided to send us back to our mother that he cannot take care of the responsibility of every one of us.since then my mother have been taking care of seven child and give us a sound education with the little cash she has until 2006 December that she was dead, and my father got marry to another wife then both of them live in my father apartment while we stay in my late mother house.
My father never allow us to come in to his house when never we just think of seeing him, thinks have been add for me because I take most of the responsibility in the family and I don’t have any saving.i am working with my ND holder, currently running lasu program for my degree has part time.
What can we do to get this man from this evil woman,we pray but is not enough because we don’t have time.
Re: Do You Have A Step Mum? by fables(f): 2:38pm On Apr 09, 2008
kayfeyi:

Hi GREAT NAIRALAND,
I want your advice with this problem have been for a long time I don’t know what to do please I need serious person to respond to this mail is my life I want to share with you my great naira land people.
My mother is late, and I have father as if I don’t have he doesn’t take any responsibility of the family since I want young. my mother and my father both living as husband and wife when I was still young I was in primary school then,my mother own the residence where we living but nobody never no such things that the house belong to my mother,my mother was a great trader while my father was a civil servant, thing was going fine then both of them now decided to have another land which was bought in my father name after sometime my father just decided to leave my mother I went to another apartment that is closer to the land my father bought, when he was going he decided to take everyone of us to the house that he rented to the closer land apart from my mother that her left behind, after sometime my father decided to send us back to our mother that he cannot take care of the responsibility of every one of us.since then my mother have been taking care of seven child and give us a sound education with the little cash she has until 2006 December that she was dead, and my father got marry to another wife then both of them live in my father apartment while we stay in my late mother house.
My father never allow us to come in to his house when never we just think of seeing him, thinks have been add for me because I take most of the responsibility in the family and I don’t have any saving.i am working with my ND holder, currently running lasu program for my degree has part time.
What can we do to get this man from this evil woman,we pray but is not enough because we don’t have time.

Pray hard not for your father but for yourself and sibling for better future and whenever you are in need of help, I tell you one day your father will come begging for forgiveness (am telling u this from experience) when thing goes right with you.
Re: Do You Have A Step Mum? by dee02(m): 7:24pm On Apr 09, 2008
stepmum's could be real nasty to have but i have seen some examples of perfect harmony
thank God i dont have one but if i do, i would have boiled her alive if she made life miserable for me, point blank!
Re: Do You Have A Step Mum? by algood(f): 8:30pm On Apr 09, 2008
well, i never had a step mum but my husband has and always tells me, life would have been more better for him than this if not for his step mum.

The woman almost kill him, everyone knows she is a witch, killed her own children when she could not lay hand on the other children after killing the ones she can, before the mother and the siblings knew christ.

its a long story i do feel for him, and always beg me and tell me that i should please no matter what, make sure this marriage never fails because he cant expose his kids to what he passed thru.

going back to the question of what u can do to win your father back, i think u should not waste ur time with that, the best thing u can do for yourself is to forgive him, assume he his not existing and look for a way of building yourself, and teach your siblings how to catch fish, dont feed them fish, teach them how to catch it too, so that u guys can be something out of nothing and share ur testimony with others.

One thing i learn about life is, u are responsible for urself, parents have influence, but u wont stand before God and being excuse, u have to stand for your self.
Get closer to God, expect the unexpected and work harder, teach ur younger ones how to catch fish so that they too can feed others and teach them how to catch fish.

Ur life is in your hand, not in your fathers hand or ur step mother
Re: Do You Have A Step Mum? by Nobody: 1:17am On Apr 10, 2008
kingdong:

Step mums hmm, where do I start? for me its just one sad topic because of the negative effects these stepmums have on the groing child. i had three of them, one left to marry another man so my brother has a step father. i think they relate quite well. my mum is also step mum to my other sibs. so the likelihood is there of her being regarded as wicked. personally i think this will be unfair considering how hard she laboured for other people's kids when their mums ran off for a while after that things had gotten rough for our old man.
but whos to blame? i think the man who goes about marrying more than one wife and in my own case hes dead and buried leaving no will so ?. keeping and living with one woman is war enough and some of us men go ahead to add more. bone whatever the bulls**t any religion says. or is it misinterpretation of what they are trying to say?

anyways as an adult now, looking back i really do not blame the other women in my fathers life. also as a stepchild matures the earlier he is responsible for how he feels the better for him so that he is not weighed down with needless grudges and burdens.
the thing is complex and the problems, issues, pros, cons, blames and all what not are multidimensional and inexhaustible and very sad for the majority caught up in its associated negatives.
my care is for those damaged and weighed down psychologically by it. all i can say is that you should not allow it rule yur today and yur virgin tomorrow any longer. the responsibility to let go and let God is yurs. abi will yu keep on blaming yur step or yur dad( for marrying her, hence) for this and that?
truth be known, yu hold the keys to yur desitny.
Those who know the truth
learn to love it.
Those who love the truth
learn to live it.

There is a law; irrevocably decreed in
heaven before the foundations of this world
upon which all blessings are predicated.
And when we obtain any blessing from God,
it is by obedience to that law upon which it
is predicated.

let God the all powerful creator take control.

all those advocating polygamy should better take note.
when a man keeps acquiring women like underwear.
The children are the real victims in this communal lifestyle.
One man one wife,less trouble
Re: Do You Have A Step Mum? by Anuliph(f): 2:22am On Apr 10, 2008
It's not just polygamy or divorce that brings about stepmoms. My loving mother(God rest her soul) died in the sosoliso plane crash of dec 10/05 and i havnt got ova it yet. Reading all these sad stories, am close to tears. people really opened up here. I have a prospective step-mom. and av been praying lik crazy she'd be a 'wondaful substitute';  not even 4 us gals who are all grown up but for ma two littl 4yr old bros who mom n dad adopted as babies. And for my dad too.
I never believed that one day,i'd be talkin bout a stepmom! We've often asked pop if he must remarry, but its true that widowers can't endure like widows. women are really strong.i'm relying on God's promise that whatever we ask,we shall receive. And so av prayed for sb who'd be a true companion to pop, a true friend to us gals and a loving mom to the boyz. Hope i'd be among the lucky minority.
Re: Do You Have A Step Mum? by savesoul(m): 9:47am On Apr 10, 2008
angry MY STEP-MUM KILLED MY DAD!!!! angry
Re: Do You Have A Step Mum? by tkb417(m): 10:24am On Apr 10, 2008
Gosh!
i think im the only lucky chap who has a step mum(not step winch) LOL!
Mum and dad separated a long time. Lived with mum not with Dad so i didnt see all these stuffs all u peeps are talking about.

Whenever i enter my fathers house, its always an heroic welcome.
Just like the heir apparent entering a kingdom.

Mine(step mum) is wonderful, born again xtian and she gives me plenty good advices.
Sorry to hear people had step winches. . .na so life be
Re: Do You Have A Step Mum? by delegiwa(m): 11:52am On Apr 10, 2008
nwando:

all those advocating polygamy should better take note.
when a man keeps acquiring women like underwear.
The children are the real victims in this communal lifestyle.
One man one wife,less trouble

Gbam!!!!!! Nothing more to add.
Re: Do You Have A Step Mum? by waleab: 12:09pm On Apr 10, 2008
delegiwa:

Gbam!!!!!! Nothing more to add.

some men are married to one wife or is it one wive/s now it is like they are married to 7 women. there is more to this nastiness called step families. anywaay sha people should stop marrying more than one wife and women should stop marrying and folowing men already with wife and kids. the pain they cause is too much
Re: Do You Have A Step Mum? by Adedijoy: 12:55pm On Apr 10, 2008
I think the 'take home' lesson from this is that you as a person, if you are in a position to do so, you should prevent other kids from ending up with 'Step Moms'.

Some people have suffered the problems of broken marriages but wthen grow up and end up having broken marriages themselves. We simply can't take the 'crap' our partners give us and prefer to separate forgetting that that singular action will affect the children for life.

I know some people are just so difficult to live with, I mean some are devil incarnate, take the case of one of my friends. Her husband was a proper 'esu laalu'. When pregnant, he will push her down the staircase and I am talking of a slight woman who was about 45Kg when she got married, she was so slim while the husband is 6 ft tall. This man beats her up regularly and doesn't pay a farthing for family upkeep. You think that's bad? Oh no, that's not all. They lost 2 boys due to his wahala, one was a couple of weeks old and the other one was about 4 yrs old when he died. The father could not care less. When he is angry, he will hurt everyone around him especially his wife but as soon as his anger cools, he will blame the devil for it and start shedding crocodile tears that he didn't actually mean any harm.
And that's not all, this man keeps a horde of girlfrieds outside home and maintains a high profile in his church! You know how we Nigerians serve God don't you? Anyway,after a while, this my friend starting falling ill needlessly and losing weight. To cut long story short, her doctor asked her to do another test since everything else failed - malaria, typhoid, etc and she was diagnosed with HIV.
As for me, long before this, I had told this friend to leave this man. Her only reply was that the man will not allow her take her children (she had 2 young ones now) and they will simply suffer and probably die if she left them with the man. When we learnt she had HIV, we were completely taken aback. And guess what, the man had known for a while that he had HIV and had been taken treatment for his condition and yet never used protection with his wife at home. YOu still think the person you are living with is bad? You can always swap with this one!

5 years on, this friend still says she doesn't regret not leaving this man. Her kids are doing well and she says the man is less vicious to her now. Perhaps age is telling on him or he is simply getting too old to constantly beat her up. One day, I hope I can indeed pen down this woman's full story but me thinks she should be given an award for her love for her children. Her life is not important to her as she thinks she has made a great mistake with her life but she doesn't want her children to end up in any bad way. Me? I have not set eyes on that man for almost 10 years now. Just can't stand him and his hypocricy, what if he puts an infected needle on the chair one is to sit on?
Re: Do You Have A Step Mum? by spikedcylinder: 2:47pm On Apr 10, 2008
sure
Re: Do You Have A Step Mum? by simoen(f): 6:21pm On Apr 10, 2008
i hav a step mum but, i don' hav to do anything or talk to her because i see her like a monster in my family and she does these thing that really make's me sick. i think all step mum are the  same,  i want to use these opportunity to tell every body that have step mum to be carefull to all these step mum. i blame my dad for taking a second wife i don't see any good reason that made him to go for another woman , my mum is a very good for my dad and the family , everybody dislike the second wife because their marriage is not approve by family members.
Re: Do You Have A Step Mum? by cescky(m): 7:26pm On Apr 10, 2008
ive got a step mum, and all her evil can make[b] the devil envious[/b], like the other post,the step bastard does not sleep and is always in the parlour,her craftiness will make lucifer seem normal its only by Gods grace am still alive and by His grace someday she will pay for all shes done and is doing to me,cos she is still making life miserable for me,nairalanders i need your prayers sad
Re: Do You Have A Step Mum? by Ndipe(m): 11:54pm On Apr 10, 2008
I repeat, Not all step moms are bad!. In some rare instances, there are some who have the future of their step child on the same basis as their own child.
Re: Do You Have A Step Mum? by spikedcylinder: 4:40pm On Apr 11, 2008
Thats true Ndipe, not all step mums are bad. My mother is a step mum and i dont think she was a wicked person but then again, i probably saw things through my own biased eyes. . . .
Re: Do You Have A Step Mum? by tpia: 7:22pm On Apr 11, 2008
@ adedijoy:

OMG angry

what kind of human being is this man?
Re: Do You Have A Step Mum? by onounot(f): 12:12am On Apr 12, 2008
There is a possibility that my son will meet and spend time living with his step mother this summer during a visit to his Dad's. After reading about all of these wicked, jealous, mean spirited women, I am almost afraid to send him. I don't know her. I only know of her from his Dad's sister, who does not think too highly of her. My son is 13, but even at his age, I see that some of your step mothers did not care. They were still mean. She has no birth children of her own, and my son is the only son of his father. I think I had better go to God in prayer about this because I don't want any problems for him. (my son). His Dad assures me that the lady is looking forward to having him visit.
Re: Do You Have A Step Mum? by tyna1(f): 6:07pm On Apr 12, 2008
I didn't have a stepmom,but i am a stepmom and am not evil.My husband's first wife died when their son was about 4yrs
old.I met him like a year after when my first son was 5yrs old,it was the boy's idea that his dad should marry me because
he wanted a mummy like other kids.We have been so close that nobody knows that he is my stepson.He only got to find out
that am not his birth mother this year after my husband's co-worker's wife told him.He is 12yrs now and we are a happy family
BTW i have 3 boys of my own and there is no division in the house.Sometimes i blame the men for allowing their wife to mistreat
their children.To all of that had bad experience because of your stepmom,i will say don't allow it to affect your future forget the
past and move on with a positive attitude towards every human being you meet.It could happen to anyone but lets pray that
those women will have a change of heart.
Re: Do You Have A Step Mum? by bigfather(m): 6:12pm On Apr 12, 2008
Not all step mums are bad you know ? My step mum was the nicest person to me on earth, when things were so rough for me during my school days, she was always there for me 24/7. Just a pity death took her away when she is suppose to be reaping the fruit of her labour.
MAY HER SOUL REST IN PERFECT PEACE ! cry
Re: Do You Have A Step Mum? by bigp(m): 11:38pm On Apr 12, 2008
I hv a step mum. My mum had seven of us before she died then my Dad got married to another woman. Meeeeeeeeeen! Its not easy but I thank God for HIS grace. My dad used wisdom and it helped to an extent. All my siblings are grown now so we don't bother about the step mum a'home but always wished our mum was there for us. The diff is very clear! I pray that my children will never have any cause to live with a step-mum.

TEENA, wow my situation is the same with urs. i think u r a wonderful lady n i would like to get to know u hopefully when i come to naija we can hang out--- email me @ chupeco@yahoo.com
Re: Do You Have A Step Mum? by tyna1(f): 5:36pm On Apr 13, 2008
what about when the kids are the bad ones check this article.
The wicked stepdaughter  [url][/url]http://www.slate.com/id/2188512/?GT1=38001
Re: Do You Have A Step Mum? by zarazara: 10:45pm On Apr 13, 2008
My step mum is white so I have no problems with her. She doesnt do juju, doesn't give my dad wahala and stays away from my mum.
Re: Do You Have A Step Mum? by MrPataki1: 12:17am On Apr 14, 2008
Thank God for his mercies.

Never had one, and never will have one.

Bless God.
Re: Do You Have A Step Mum? by MahdiL: 1:32am On Apr 15, 2008
Yeah Stepmumss, We are just lucky our dad had enough money and resources for everyone of us
i cant even imagine otherwise, as for me, one woman and one woman alone!
Re: Do You Have A Step Mum? by McOmo(m): 3:09am On Apr 16, 2008
tkb417:

Gosh!
i think im the only lucky chap who has a step mum(not step winch) LOL!
Mum and dad separated a long time. Lived with mum not with Dad so i didnt see all these stuffs all u peeps are talking about.

Whenever i enter my fathers house, its always an heroic welcome.
Just like the heir apparent entering a kingdom.

Mine(step mum) is wonderful, born again xtian and she gives me plenty good advices.
Sorry to hear people had step winches. . .na so life be

no wonder u act like a deranged fellow  angry

explains why u love d divide and rule attitude  tongue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Plans changed. / Father Of A New Baby Should Be Given Monetary Gift, Not The Mother- Nigerian Man / What Are The Uses Of Marriage Certificate?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.