Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,308 members, 7,836,346 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:48 AM

I'm Ashamed Of Nigeria Webmasters, Gurus In Programming. - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / I'm Ashamed Of Nigeria Webmasters, Gurus In Programming. (1126 Views)

Gurus In The House - I Think My Nairaland Account Have Been Hack. / Help! Gurus In The House, How Can I Recover My Gmail Account? / Mybb Gurus In The House Pls Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm Ashamed Of Nigeria Webmasters, Gurus In Programming. by Swashy(m): 6:42pm On Aug 06, 2019
Sorry, to say this but I'm really ashamed of all us.
So, we can design our own Legit social messenger or other messenger that can be useful nationwide and we can be proud of.

I'm very proud of the US, Chinese, Russian, Korean,india etc later we'll be boosting as giant of Africa.
We need to wake up please.
Re: I'm Ashamed Of Nigeria Webmasters, Gurus In Programming. by blackpanthar: 6:49pm On Aug 06, 2019
I want to believe you are not a web developer, but just a designer....

DO YOU KNOW IT IS NOT SKILL BUT MONEY THAT RULES THE WORLD?

Davido just got a game designer to design a simple game for him and because it is DAVIDO, he has lots of people downloading and wanting to advertise on the game...

See, be a GOD LEVEL Programmer.... without serious financial back up, you will shed digital tears.

We have very good web developers BUT their voices may not be heard because this country is not going to sponsor innovation over entertainment.

Swashy:
So, we can design our own Legit social messenger or other messenger that can be useful nationwide and we can be proud of.

I'm very proud of the US, Chinese, Russian, Korean,india etc later we'll be boosting as giant of Africa.

4 Likes

Re: I'm Ashamed Of Nigeria Webmasters, Gurus In Programming. by resosdigital(m): 6:59pm On Aug 06, 2019
Swashy:

Really tried to understand what you are saying but unfortunately I didn't

3 Likes

Re: I'm Ashamed Of Nigeria Webmasters, Gurus In Programming. by julybaba(m): 7:05pm On Aug 06, 2019
Currently Ongoing via Twitter NOW
***How To Host Your Website on Google Cloud
HashTag***#GoogleCloudHostingTutorial
Tutor****@babaagbajelola

Re: I'm Ashamed Of Nigeria Webmasters, Gurus In Programming. by donsheddy1(m): 11:35pm On Aug 06, 2019
I'm sure this post didn't make sense. You that is ashamed of yourself, start developing your own messenger let's see how you will make it.

3 Likes

Re: I'm Ashamed Of Nigeria Webmasters, Gurus In Programming. by RealLordZeus(m): 4:52am On Aug 07, 2019
blackpanthar:

Davido just got a game designer to design a simple game for him and because it is DAVIDO, he has lots of people downloading and wanting to advertise on the game...

See, be a GOD LEVEL Programmer.... without serious financial back up, you will shed digital tears.

We have very good web developers BUT their voices may not be heard because this country is not going to sponsor innovation over entertainment.

You said it all
Re: I'm Ashamed Of Nigeria Webmasters, Gurus In Programming. by hightech48(m): 5:52am On Aug 07, 2019
So you dey compare other countries with Nigeria?
Re: I'm Ashamed Of Nigeria Webmasters, Gurus In Programming. by RealLordZeus(m): 6:31am On Aug 07, 2019
hightech48:
So you dey compare other countries with Nigeria?
You dey mind him! Other countries that clients are billed hundreds and thousands of dollars compared to Nigeria where someone a few days ago, in this particular board, want a platform with more than a million function(lol) and ready to pay 40k.
If some one was to develop that job from scratch, it might take that person between 3-4 weeks. Now, subtract electricity cost, data cost, your own feeding, house rent between that period etc from 40k and see what will be left. Reason most ppl opt for readily developed script, tweak to the client taste and deliver the bloody job all within or less than a week!
So now tell me! Op! If u r the one that accept that particular 40k job, will u rather spend time coding long hours than using the sensible option.

And if you are referring to developing for oneself, u should know the situation of things in this country kill dreams faster than bullet! I used to say and I repeat, most successful people out there (not talking of the middle class), I meant those that really succeed has one kind of leverage or the other.
So my brother! Unless u have enough to eat, not bothering on how to pay the next house rent, buy fuel, make he next data subscription etc, then u can put your brain to use in developing such high end apps. Else , jezz forget it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Ashamed Of Nigeria Webmasters, Gurus In Programming. by hightech48(m): 7:16am On Aug 07, 2019
RealLordZeus:

You dey mind him! Other countries that clients are billed hundreds and thousands of dollars compared to Nigeria where someone a few days ago, in this particular board, want a platform with more than a million function(lol) and ready to pay 40k.
If some one was to develop that job from scratch, it might take that person between 3-4 weeks. Now, subtract electricity cost, data cost, your own feeding, house rent between that period etc from 40k and see what will be left. Reason most ppl opt for readily developed script, tweak to the client taste and deliver the bloody job all within or less than a week!
So now tell me! Op! If u r the one that accept that particular 40k job, will u rather spend time coding long hours than using the sensible option.

And if you are referring to developing for oneself, u should know the situation of things in this country kill dreams faster than bullet! I used to say and I repeat, most successful people out there (not talking of the middle class), I meant those that really succeed has one kind of leverage or the other.
So my brother! Unless u have enough to eat, not bothering on how to pay the next house rent, buy fuel, make he next data subscription etc, then u can put your brain to use in developing such high end apps. Else , jezz forget it.

You have said it all sir..

Let me start here, In Dubai, Programmers earn as high as 2 million montly, and Americans and other countries they earn more than that.. Nigerian clients don't want to pay much for projects...
Re: I'm Ashamed Of Nigeria Webmasters, Gurus In Programming. by Swashy(m): 12:32pm On Aug 07, 2019
blackpanthar:

I believe you bro, but do you can share your ideas with others and they'll be happy to invest on it.
I need something like that to come up and I will be glad to invest on.

Thanks
Re: I'm Ashamed Of Nigeria Webmasters, Gurus In Programming. by Swashy(m): 3:43pm On Aug 07, 2019
RealLordZeus:

Well said bro but, can't source funds from others?
Re: I'm Ashamed Of Nigeria Webmasters, Gurus In Programming. by Swashy(m): 3:46pm On Aug 07, 2019
hightech48:

You have said it all sir..

Let me start here, In Dubai, Programmers earn as high as 2 million montly, and Americans and other countries they earn more than that.. Nigerian clients don't want to pay much for projects...

And am very sure that you don't want it remain like that. What do you think it's the best way to curb this out?
Re: I'm Ashamed Of Nigeria Webmasters, Gurus In Programming. by RealLordZeus(m): 4:55pm On Aug 07, 2019
Swashy:

Well said bro but, can't source funds from others?

Now lemme share u a personal stuff!
Few years back,
A friend of mine consult me on buying tricycle for hire purchase to someone and at that particular time, I was ruminating on a lucrative idea exactly some of those big project you describe above but needs funding for adverts (I mean big funds for adverts on fb, google, iG, Twitter, etc).
Seeing this guy have the cash to throw into this biz so I shared my plans with me, draw up a proposal showing repayment plan, profit margin etc. I told my guy to drop that tricycle funds with me and in 13 Month which he intended to give the tricycle hire, I will refund the cash with profit higher than that of the tricycle. My pal look at my plan, said it was good, but he will go over it and show it to another of our friend versed in investment, after like 3 weeks, I gave him a call and he said the guy has given him go ahead but he want to consult with his pastor, I was like wtf , I checked on with him after two weeks and he's like the pastor is yet to give a reply.
As as then, tricycle cost around #550k also note that this guy is one of my good pal. After like two month, I moved on, didn't mention it again, and yeah we are still friends.

Moral of the story! It's very hard to source funding from others as ppl do not easily invest in others ideas.

2 Likes

Re: I'm Ashamed Of Nigeria Webmasters, Gurus In Programming. by Nobody: 6:57pm On Aug 07, 2019
blackpanthar:

Thanks for sharing

Just to be clear: are you saying programmers in Nigeria have to depend on the government?

Re: I'm Ashamed Of Nigeria Webmasters, Gurus In Programming. by Mayornet: 8:16pm On Aug 07, 2019
Swashy:

Hmmmm Ifeanyi
Re: I'm Ashamed Of Nigeria Webmasters, Gurus In Programming. by Swashy(m): 7:45pm On Aug 08, 2019
undecided undecided[url][/url]
RealLordZeus:

Now lemme share u a personal stuff!
Few years back,
A friend of mine consult me on buying tricycle for hire purchase to someone and at that particular time, I was ruminating on a lucrative idea exactly some of those big project you describe above but needs funding for adverts (I mean big funds for adverts on fb, google, iG, Twitter, etc).
Seeing this guy have the cash to throw into this biz so I shared my plans with me, draw up a proposal showing repayment plan, profit margin etc. I told my guy to drop that tricycle funds with me and in 13 Month which he intended to give the tricycle hire, I will refund the cash with profit higher than that of the tricycle. My pal look at my plan, said it was good, but he will go over it and show it to another of our friend versed in investment, after like 3 weeks, I gave him a call and he said the guy has given him go ahead but he want to consult with his pastor, I was like wtf , I checked on with him after two weeks and he's like the pastor is yet to give a reply.
As as then, tricycle cost around #550k also note that this guy is one of my good pal. After like two month, I moved on, didn't mention it again, and yeah we are still friends.

Moral of the story! It's very hard to source funding from others as ppl do not easily invest in others ideas.
Re: I'm Ashamed Of Nigeria Webmasters, Gurus In Programming. by Ignyte(m): 10:48pm On Aug 08, 2019
What do you want exactly? A social network?? Bring funds. If money dey some kind wahala for no dey
Re: I'm Ashamed Of Nigeria Webmasters, Gurus In Programming. by MrCoker: 8:59am On Aug 09, 2019
No naija programmer or developer can do shit.

I have wasted money on alot of so called developers etc, and they all failed woefully.

(1) (Reply)

How To Make N2000 A Day With Telegram For Free.* / Website ! I Need You Comment / Rate This Forum Pls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.