Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,767 members, 7,809,956 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:45 PM

Kindle Direct Publishing: How Many Pages Should My Book Be? ANSWERED. - Business To Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Business To Business / Kindle Direct Publishing: How Many Pages Should My Book Be? ANSWERED. (7201 Views)

How to boost your amazon kindle publishing KDP sale / Complete Dropshipping Website With Paypal And Social Pages / Setup And Run Your Facebook Ads Campaign For Any Business, Website And Pages (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kindle Direct Publishing: How Many Pages Should My Book Be? ANSWERED. by iLegendd(m): 3:54am On Aug 07, 2019
Kindle Direct Publishing: How Many Pages Should My Book Be? ANSWERED.

The bigger your book, the more money Amazon makes, but the smaller your book, the more money you make.

So, having a big book is not a good thing. Though, if you consider putting it on KDP Select or having an audio version, then the bigger the book, the better the income.

The most important thing is the quality and knowing how to optimize for a better ROI.

I'll use my yesterdays upload as a lecture.

1. What is the shorted paperback book I can publish?

Answer

The shortest is 24 pages.

2. What is the word count of 24 pages?

Answer

It has no specific word count. Your formatting and page size will determine.

3. What is the best paper size format to use?

Answer

None is the best, but I use 5.25 x 8 most of the time. In fact, I use it 98% of the time. If the book is too big or a bundle that is too big, I use 6x9 to make it fit.

4. What is the highest pages of book Amazon allows to be published?

Answer

It's 830 pages, but you need to submit not more than 828 pages. The extra two will be used for front and back cover.

Typing...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kindle Direct Publishing: How Many Pages Should My Book Be? ANSWERED. by iLegendd(m): 3:55am On Aug 07, 2019
The picture below is me trying to download 844 page cover design template from Amazon, but they said the highest is 830 pages.

Typing...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kindle Direct Publishing: How Many Pages Should My Book Be? ANSWERED. by iLegendd(m): 3:55am On Aug 07, 2019
I reduced the book from 844 to 830 pages and tried to upload, but they rejected it and said it should be at most 828. The remaining two are overhead for covers.

Typing...

4 Likes

Re: Kindle Direct Publishing: How Many Pages Should My Book Be? ANSWERED. by iLegendd(m): 3:56am On Aug 07, 2019
So, I reduced the book further again to 822 this time around and it was a success. This is to say, the highest page paperback book Amazon is capable of printing is 828. While the lowest is 24 pages.

In this case, it's left with you to write a book that is 24 pages or 828 pages. Or better yet, choose any range from 24 to 828.

Word count doesn't matter as long as you are within the page range and you deliver your book to the content of your readers.

Typing...

3 Likes

Re: Kindle Direct Publishing: How Many Pages Should My Book Be? ANSWERED. by iLegendd(m): 3:58am On Aug 07, 2019
Continuation of your questions...

5. Is book publishing hard?

Answer

No and yes. Your first 5 months is hard without a mentor. But after that, it's no longer hard when you understand the business and master keyword research.

6. I can't write, so what should I do?

Answer

Outsource to a good freelancer to write for you.

7. I don't have money or a laptop, so what should I do?

Answer

Stupid question of a lazy animal. Then give up and go back to your village to stay with you village people — idiot. Instead of you to say, "I'll look for a way to get money and get started, you're here saying you don't have money."

8. Please, will you teach me how to do it?

Answer

No, I won't.

Use Google or YouTube. Or, higher a mentor — it's not cheap, but worth it.

9. Is this business profitable? If yes, what topic should I write on?

Answer

Yes, it's profitable if you understand the key things like:

A) Keyword research
B) Best categories to put your book
C) Great content
D) Simple, yet catchy cover
E) Great description with copywriting technique
G) Branding
H) Amazon ads (optional)
I) Writing/outsourcing more books
J) Tips and techniques to stay ahead of other publishers

10. How do I fill the tax form?

Answer

As a Nigerian, your country does not have a tax treaty with the US, so you'll pay 30% tax from your 60% royalties. It's easy. Visit this link https://www.wetclef.com/topic592.html to see how easy it is.

11. How do I get paid?

Answer

Open a Payoneer account via https://payoneer.com and they'll give you a virtual account. Use the account details they'll generate and head back to KDP dashboard to fill it. It's simple. Yes, there is an option to get Payoneer MasterCard, but don't worry about it yet. Just fill the form and start publishing.

12. Is this business a scam?

Answer

No, but if you're not confident in doing it, then go and continue being a slave and get paid peanut at the end of the month in that job you're trying to get or already in.

Yes, I know there is another question in your mind, so ask below and you'll get a reply within a couple of hours or minutes.

Also, try to read BAYUBAR Method of online wealth here https://www.nairaland.com/5319181/bayubar-method

5 Likes

Re: Kindle Direct Publishing: How Many Pages Should My Book Be? ANSWERED. by Davidhero(m): 8:19am On Aug 07, 2019
Hello iLegendd;

Is it advisable to attach screenshots or images to your ebook, in a situation where you're trying to give a detailed explanation of something.

So far, I noticed the currency you used was GBP. Is there a reason for this? why not $US.
Re: Kindle Direct Publishing: How Many Pages Should My Book Be? ANSWERED. by joeeee240(m): 9:54am On Aug 07, 2019
iLegendd:

Answer

No and yes. Your first 5 months is hard without a mentor. But after that, it's no longer hard when you understand the business and master keyword research.

Answer

Answer

Stupid question of a lazy animal. Then give up and go back to your village to stay with you village people — idiot. Instead of you to say, "I'll look for a way to get money and get started, you're here saying you don't have money."

Answer

No, I won't.

Answer

A) Keyword research
C) Great content
G) Branding
H) Amazon ads (optional)

Answer

As a Nigerian, your country does not have a tax treaty with the US, so you'll pay 30% tax from your 60% royalties. It's easy. Visit this link https://www.wetclef.com/topic592.html to see how easy it is.

11. How do I get paid?

Answer

Open a Payoneer account via https://payoneer.com and they'll give you a virtual account. Use the account details they'll generate and head back to KDP dashboard to fill it. It's simple. Yes, there is an option to get Payoneer MasterCard, but don't worry about it yet. Just fill the form and start publishing.

Answer

No, but if you're not confident in doing it, then go and continue being a slave and get paid peanut at the end of the month in that job you're trying to get or already in.

Yes, I know there is another question in your mind, so ask below and you'll get a reply within a couple of hours or minutes.

Also, try to read BAYUBAR Method of online wealth here https://www.nairaland.com/5319181/bayubar-method

Taking notes cool

1 Like

Re: Kindle Direct Publishing: How Many Pages Should My Book Be? ANSWERED. by iLegendd(m): 9:59am On Aug 07, 2019
Davidhero:
Hello iLegendd;

Is it advisable to attach screenshots or images to your ebook, in a situation where you're trying to give a detailed explanation of something.

So far, I noticed the currency you used was GBP. Is there a reason for this? why not $US.

Yes, if it calls for it. In fact, it makes the book more interesting.

GBP? Just a preference.
Re: Kindle Direct Publishing: How Many Pages Should My Book Be? ANSWERED. by Davidhero(m): 11:02am On Aug 07, 2019
iLegendd:

Yes, if it calls for it. In fact, it makes the book more interesting.
GBP? Just a preference.

Okay, thanks.
Re: Kindle Direct Publishing: How Many Pages Should My Book Be? ANSWERED. by Loxleyy(m): 7:23pm On Aug 07, 2019
iLegendd:

Answer

Answer

Answer

Answer

No, I won't.

Answer

A) Keyword research
C) Great content
G) Branding
H) Amazon ads (optional)

Answer

11. How do I get paid?

Answer

Answer

Is it neccessary to use laptop i want to start with my phone
Re: Kindle Direct Publishing: How Many Pages Should My Book Be? ANSWERED. by iLegendd(m): 7:59pm On Aug 07, 2019
Loxleyy:

Is it neccessary to use laptop i want to start with my phone
Yes, you can, but you can only do 50% with it. If you're gifted in it, then you can do all. Starting with a phone is better than never starting, but continuing with a phone and wanting everything to be seamless like a PC isn't going to work.

When formatting a book or designing a professional cover, a computer is needed.

4 Likes

Re: Kindle Direct Publishing: How Many Pages Should My Book Be? ANSWERED. by Loxleyy(m): 9:53am On Aug 08, 2019
iLegendd:
Yes, you can, but you can only do 50% with it. If you're gifted in it, then you can do all. Starting with a phone is better than never starting, but continuing with a phone and wanting everything to be seamless like a PC isn't going to work.

When formatting a book or designing a professional cover, a computer is needed.

Thank you very much but which app do you think i can start with?
Re: Kindle Direct Publishing: How Many Pages Should My Book Be? ANSWERED. by iLegendd(m): 10:20am On Aug 08, 2019
Loxleyy:

Thank you very much but which app do you think i can start with?
No app is needed. Use your carry-come notepad on your phone to write. When it's time to format and design cover, look for a computer to do that part.

1 Like

Re: Kindle Direct Publishing: How Many Pages Should My Book Be? ANSWERED. by Davidhero(m): 10:58am On Aug 08, 2019
What advice do you have for those starting?

Should our real names be used as authors or come up with a fictional character.

TIA
Re: Kindle Direct Publishing: How Many Pages Should My Book Be? ANSWERED. by iLegendd(m): 11:47am On Aug 08, 2019
Pen name (fictional name) is always better. Though, if you want your family and friends to recognize you as an author and give you the respect an author deserves, then use your real name.

One question. Are you writing the book for your family and friends to read or for the universe to read, especially oyibo people?

You have two options. It's either you're in the business to make money or to make names. When starting, focus on making money, then you can now refocus on making a name with your real name.

This is to say, write with an English name (a pen name) for a start and later write a book on a different niche with your real name.

4 Likes

Re: Kindle Direct Publishing: How Many Pages Should My Book Be? ANSWERED. by Loxleyy(m): 12:07pm On Aug 08, 2019
iLegendd:
No app is needed. Use your carry-come notepad on your phone to write. When it's time to format and design cover, look for a computer to do that part.
thanks
Re: Kindle Direct Publishing: How Many Pages Should My Book Be? ANSWERED. by iLegendd(m): 6:50am On Aug 12, 2019
To add extra details to the main topic, the bigger your trim size (book size), the smaller the pages. I was battling with a 200k words book - which gave me 1,196 pages on a 6 by 9 trim size.

I need to publish this book on paperback, but it's way beyond what Amazon can handle, so I reduced the font and changed the trim size to 8 by 10 and had 800+ pages. I was excited I have finally reduced the book to below 828, but guess what? Amazon said an 8 by 10 trim size can't be above 440 pages. So, I need to delete half of the book before Amazon will publish it.

They have shattered my last hope on this bundled 6-in-1 book. Anyway, I'll still put it on Kindle, but not paperback. See images.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kindle Direct Publishing: How Many Pages Should My Book Be? ANSWERED. by raphemmanuel(m): 7:00pm On Aug 28, 2019
Please ilegend, what is the software or app one can use to design the eBook and the Book cover.

And can u please suggest the best free phone app or software one can also use in proofreading the eBook and checking for plagiarism

3 Likes

Re: Kindle Direct Publishing: How Many Pages Should My Book Be? ANSWERED. by iLegendd(m): 7:51pm On Aug 28, 2019
App? I have no idea. Software? I do.

For cover design, it's Photoshop.
For proofreading, it's your brain, PWA or Grammarly.
For Plagiarism, it's Copyscape.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kindle Direct Publishing: How Many Pages Should My Book Be? ANSWERED. by raphemmanuel(m): 8:49pm On Sep 04, 2019
Ilegend we need ur motivation. Please motivate us with ur post. And for those that have started please keep us posted on how u have been progressing. We need to keep the spirit of the hustle alive.

For me I just finished writing my book.
I have started typing it.
I'm doing the typing with my phone.

Ilegend pls which font size is best for the typing.
My paper layout is 5.4inch by 8.5inch, I think I will still adjust it to ur recommended paper layout
Re: Kindle Direct Publishing: How Many Pages Should My Book Be? ANSWERED. by iLegendd(m): 5:55pm On Sep 18, 2019
raphemmanuel:
Ilegend we need ur motivation. Please motivate us with ur post. And for those that have started please keep us posted on how u have been progressing. We need to keep the spirit of the hustle alive.

For me I just finished writing my book.
I have started typing it.
I'm doing the typing with my phone.

Ilegend pls which font size is best for the typing.
My paper layout is 5.4inch by 8.5inch, I think I will still adjust it to ur recommended paper layout

You finished writing? Why type it again? It seems you write on a piece of paper first. That's time consuming if you ask me.

You can use any font. The only one I use is Verdana 13. There are other ones, but all my books use only Verdana 12 and recently 13. One book used 14. The main is 13.

For paper, I use 5.25" by 8" Recently, I moved to 5.5 by 8.5 because of colored version of my books.

I hope that helps.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kindle Direct Publishing: How Many Pages Should My Book Be? ANSWERED. by DEGREE2466(m): 5:44am On Sep 19, 2019
raphemmanuel:
Please ilegend, what is the software or app one can use to design the eBook and the Book cover.

And can u please suggest the best free phone app or software one can also use in proofreading the eBook and checking for plagiarism

I wrote this article some months back. I'm sure you will get the answer that you are looking for here. You can read up the websites/apps that you can use to design the cover book as well as render it into 3D format for totally free. You don't have to be a graphic designer or pay heavily for a cover book to publish your book.

https://earnonlinebiz.com/how-design-ebook-cover-3d-format-free/
Re: Kindle Direct Publishing: How Many Pages Should My Book Be? ANSWERED. by DEGREE2466(m): 5:46am On Sep 19, 2019
iLegendd:
App? I have no idea. Software? I do.

For cover design, it's Photoshop.
For proofreading, it's your brain, PWA or Grammarly.
For Plagiarism, it's Copyscape.

Grammarly is cool but pricey. Do you have an idea how to get the premium access for a lower price?
Re: Kindle Direct Publishing: How Many Pages Should My Book Be? ANSWERED. by iLegendd(m): 12:35pm On Sep 19, 2019
For now, I don't.
Re: Kindle Direct Publishing: How Many Pages Should My Book Be? ANSWERED. by DEGREE2466(m): 10:24pm On Sep 21, 2019
iLegendd:
For now, I don't.

Funny how you read respond without quoting
Re: Kindle Direct Publishing: How Many Pages Should My Book Be? ANSWERED. by iLegendd(m): 11:13am On Sep 23, 2019
DEGREE2466:

Funny how you read respond without quoting

I did this time around.
Re: Kindle Direct Publishing: How Many Pages Should My Book Be? ANSWERED. by OneKinGuy(m): 11:19pm On Sep 23, 2019
DEGREE2466:

Grammarly is cool but pricey. Do you have an idea how to get the premium access for a lower price?
In case you still need it, I have one year premium grammarly available. Let me know if you are interested.
Re: Kindle Direct Publishing: How Many Pages Should My Book Be? ANSWERED. by DEGREE2466(m): 5:58pm On Sep 24, 2019
OneKinGuy:

In case you still need it, I have one year premium grammarly available. Let me know if you are interested.

I'm interested. What's the bill
Re: Kindle Direct Publishing: How Many Pages Should My Book Be? ANSWERED. by sparkle7: 10:06pm On Oct 01, 2019
iLegendd:
To add extra details to the main topic, the bigger your trim size (book size), the smaller the pages. I was battling with a 200k words book - which gave me 1,196 pages on a 6 by 9 trim size.

I need to publish this book on paperback, but it's way beyond what Amazon can handle, so I reduced the font and changed the trim size to 8 by 10 and had 800+ pages. I was excited I have finally reduced the book to below 828, but guess what? Amazon said an 8 by 10 trim size can't be above 440 pages. So, I need to delete half of the book before Amazon will publish it.

They have shattered my last hope on this bundled 6-in-1 book. Anyway, I'll still put it on Kindle, but not paperback. See images.
How do you write a book that large? 200k words!! Are you kidding me?

2 Likes

Re: Kindle Direct Publishing: How Many Pages Should My Book Be? ANSWERED. by Benqozenero(m): 8:07am On Oct 14, 2019
@Ilegendd, how much do you price your paperback and why?
Re: Kindle Direct Publishing: How Many Pages Should My Book Be? ANSWERED. by iLegendd(m): 7:13am On Oct 17, 2019
Benqozenero:
@Ilegendd, how much do you price your paperback and why?
Varies. Content and demand determine it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

We are a Lithuanian construction company looking for business partners / Interested In Becoming A Distributor? / Guidelines To Choosing A Private Limited Liability Company In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.