Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,960 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:33 AM

Kindle Direct Publishing: How Many Pages Should My Book Be? ANSWERED. - Business To Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Business To Business / Kindle Direct Publishing: How Many Pages Should My Book Be? ANSWERED. (7240 Views)

How to boost your amazon kindle publishing KDP sale / Complete Dropshipping Website With Paypal And Social Pages / Setup And Run Your Facebook Ads Campaign For Any Business, Website And Pages (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kindle Direct Publishing: How Many Pages Should My Book Be? ANSWERED. by IamPlato(m): 3:52pm On Oct 21, 2019
iLegendd:
The picture below is me trying to download 844 page cover design template from Amazon, but they said the highest is 830 pages.

Typing...
can you give me an example of a good keyword
Re: Kindle Direct Publishing: How Many Pages Should My Book Be? ANSWERED. by iLegendd(m): 5:11pm On Oct 22, 2019
IamPlato:
can you give me an example of a good keyword

A good keyword is: high demand, low competition.

2 Likes

Re: Kindle Direct Publishing: How Many Pages Should My Book Be? ANSWERED. by IamPlato(m): 6:31pm On Oct 22, 2019
iLegendd:

A good keyword is: high demand, low competition.
okay? How About "Best Seller, Motivational Notebooks, Books For Men"
Re: Kindle Direct Publishing: How Many Pages Should My Book Be? ANSWERED. by iLegendd(m): 6:39pm On Oct 22, 2019
IamPlato:
okay? How About "Best Seller, Motivational Notebooks, Books For Men"

Same principle.

1 Like

Re: Kindle Direct Publishing: How Many Pages Should My Book Be? ANSWERED. by IamPlato(m): 7:31pm On Oct 23, 2019
iLegendd:

Same principle.
when opening a payoneer account, do I fill country as nigeria
Re: Kindle Direct Publishing: How Many Pages Should My Book Be? ANSWERED. by IamPlato(m): 8:05pm On Oct 23, 2019
iLegendd:

Same principle.
if I feel it as america where do I get american mobile number
Re: Kindle Direct Publishing: How Many Pages Should My Book Be? ANSWERED. by iLegendd(m): 12:48am On Oct 24, 2019
IamPlato:
if I feel it as america where do I get american mobile number

Use Nigerian details. They accept Nigerians.
Re: Kindle Direct Publishing: How Many Pages Should My Book Be? ANSWERED. by HONESTY4U: 1:55pm On Oct 28, 2019
iLegendd:
Continuation of your questions...

5. Is book publishing hard?

Answer

No and yes. Your first 5 months is hard without a mentor. But after that, it's no longer hard when you understand the business and master keyword research.

6. I can't write, so what should I do?

Answer

Outsource to a good freelancer to write for you.

7. I don't have money or a laptop, so what should I do?

Answer

Stupid question of a lazy animal. Then give up and go back to your village to stay with you village people — idiot. Instead of you to say, "I'll look for a way to get money and get started, you're here saying you don't have money."

8. Please, will you teach me how to do it?

Answer

No, I won't.

Use Google or YouTube. Or, higher a mentor — it's not cheap, but worth it.

9. Is this business profitable? If yes, what topic should I write on?

Answer

Yes, it's profitable if you understand the key things like:

A) Keyword research
B) Best categories to put your book
C) Great content
D) Simple, yet catchy cover
E) Great description with copywriting technique
G) Branding
H) Amazon ads (optional)
I) Writing/outsourcing more books
J) Tips and techniques to stay ahead of other publishers

10. How do I fill the tax form?

Answer

As a Nigerian, your country does not have a tax treaty with the US, so you'll pay 30% tax from your 60% royalties. It's easy. Visit this link https://www.wetclef.com/topic592.html to see how easy it is.

11. How do I get paid?

Answer

Open a Payoneer account via https://payoneer.com and they'll give you a virtual account. Use the account details they'll generate and head back to KDP dashboard to fill it. It's simple. Yes, there is an option to get Payoneer MasterCard, but don't worry about it yet. Just fill the form and start publishing.

12. Is this business a scam?

Answer

No, but if you're not confident in doing it, then go and continue being a slave and get paid peanut at the end of the month in that job you're trying to get or already in.

Yes, I know there is another question in your mind, so ask below and you'll get a reply within a couple of hours or minutes.

Also, try to read BAYUBAR Method of online wealth here https://www.nairaland.com/5319181/bayubar-method

As a Nigerian, your country does not have a tax treaty with the US, so you'll pay 30% tax from your 60% royalties. It's easy. Visit this link https://www.wetclef.com/topic592.html to see how easy it is.

This number 10, the site is down for couple of days now. Is there another way we can go around the tax form as it is the part keeping me on hold for now?

1 Like

Re: Kindle Direct Publishing: How Many Pages Should My Book Be? ANSWERED. by iLegendd(m): 4:34pm On Oct 28, 2019
HONESTY4U:

This number 10, the site is down for couple of days now. Is there another way we can go around the tax form as it is the part keeping me on hold for now?

Restored.
Re: Kindle Direct Publishing: How Many Pages Should My Book Be? ANSWERED. by HONESTY4U: 2:23pm On Oct 29, 2019
iLegendd:

Restored.

The site does not have any topic on how to fill the tax form without having TIN.

How do we go around this tax form of a thing? sad

1 Like

Re: Kindle Direct Publishing: How Many Pages Should My Book Be? ANSWERED. by Macgyver1: 9:03am On Oct 30, 2019
iLegendd:
Kindle Direct Publishing: How Many Pages Should My Book Be? ANSWERED.

The bigger your book, the more money Amazon makes, but the smaller your book, the more money you make.

So, having a big book is not a good thing. Though, if you consider putting it on KDP Select or having an audio version, then the bigger the book, the better the income.

The most important thing is the quality and knowing how to optimize for a better ROI.

I'll use my yesterdays upload as a lecture.

1. What is the shorted paperback book I can publish?

Answer

The shortest is 24 pages.

2. What is the word count of 24 pages?

Answer

It has no specific word count. Your formatting and page size will determine.

3. What is the best paper size format to use?

Answer

None is the best, but I use 5.25 x 8 most of the time. In fact, I use it 98% of the time. If the book is too big or a bundle that is too big, I use 6x9 to make it fit.

4. What is the highest pages of book Amazon allows to be published?

Answer

It's 830 pages, but you need to submit not more than 828 pages. The extra two will be used for front and back cover.

Typing...

So it's best to resize the paper size from the standard word paper size?
Re: Kindle Direct Publishing: How Many Pages Should My Book Be? ANSWERED. by iLegendd(m): 12:08pm On Oct 30, 2019
HONESTY4U:

Back again.
Re: Kindle Direct Publishing: How Many Pages Should My Book Be? ANSWERED. by iLegendd(m): 12:09pm On Oct 30, 2019
Macgyver1:

So it's best to resize the paper size from the standard word paper size?

Yes, resize it to something smaller to get more pages.
Re: Kindle Direct Publishing: How Many Pages Should My Book Be? ANSWERED. by Macgyver1: 12:48pm On Oct 30, 2019
iLegendd:

Yes, resize it to something smaller to get more pages.

Thanks broh.
Re: Kindle Direct Publishing: How Many Pages Should My Book Be? ANSWERED. by HONESTY4U: 3:30pm On Oct 30, 2019
iLegendd:

Back again.

Good day Ilegend. this site https://www.wetclef.com/topic592.html is back like you said, but how to fill the tax form for us Nigerians without having TIN number is not there. Am currently stocked on the tax form filling cause I don't have TIN. How one go about the form pls?

2 Likes

Re: Kindle Direct Publishing: How Many Pages Should My Book Be? ANSWERED. by iLegendd(m): 3:32pm On Oct 30, 2019
HONESTY4U:

Good day Ilegend. this site https://www.wetclef.com/topic592.html is back like you said, but how to fill the tax form for us Nigerians without having TIN number is not there. Am currently stocked on the tax form filling cause I don't have TIN. How one go about the form pls?

Kindly follow the instruction there and you'll be fine.

1 Like

Re: Kindle Direct Publishing: How Many Pages Should My Book Be? ANSWERED. by HONESTY4U: 3:47pm On Oct 30, 2019
iLegendd:

Kindly follow the instruction there and you'll be fine.

Please, I just sent an email. Thanks
Re: Kindle Direct Publishing: How Many Pages Should My Book Be? ANSWERED. by iLegendd(m): 4:10pm On Oct 30, 2019
HONESTY4U:

Please, I just sent an email. Thanks

That, I can't guarantee. All communications are only allowed on NL.

NL = free replies
Private = paid

For now, we prefer only NL. It seems the content on the site was hidden, but I have activated it now.

If you visit the link again, you'll see the post. All these while I thought it was active — my apologies.
Re: Kindle Direct Publishing: How Many Pages Should My Book Be? ANSWERED. by HONESTY4U: 4:36pm On Oct 30, 2019
iLegendd:

That, I can't guarantee. All communications are only allowed on NL.

NL = free replies
Private = paid

For now, we prefer only NL. It seems the content on the site was hidden, but I have activated it now.

If you visit the link again, you'll see the post. All these while I thought it was active — my apologies.

Nice work Ilegend. I have gotten it. Your appology is highly accepted and many thanks for your works.
Re: Kindle Direct Publishing: How Many Pages Should My Book Be? ANSWERED. by HONESTY4U: 5:29pm On Oct 30, 2019
Am done setting up my account. Now moving to the main job. Oluwa Bless my Hustle. Thank you very much Ilegend for your kind guide on this forum. Many guides might still be required in one way or the way. Thanks
Re: Kindle Direct Publishing: How Many Pages Should My Book Be? ANSWERED. by mykealpha(m): 4:13am On Nov 01, 2019
HONESTY4U:

yes sir, im also having similar problems
Re: Kindle Direct Publishing: How Many Pages Should My Book Be? ANSWERED. by HONESTY4U: 11:51am On Nov 01, 2019
mykealpha:

yes sir, im also having similar problems

Visit here, you will find it https://www.wetclef.com/topic592.html
Re: Kindle Direct Publishing: How Many Pages Should My Book Be? ANSWERED. by Macgyver1: 11:14am On Nov 02, 2019
I just published my first eBook, awaiting approval.

1 Like

Re: Kindle Direct Publishing: How Many Pages Should My Book Be? ANSWERED. by iLegendd(m): 4:06pm On Nov 02, 2019
Macgyver1:
I just published my first eBook, awaiting approval.

Congrats.
Re: Kindle Direct Publishing: How Many Pages Should My Book Be? ANSWERED. by iLegendd(m): 9:59pm On Nov 02, 2019
HONESTY4U:
Am done setting up my account. Now moving to the main job. Oluwa Bless my Hustle. Thank you very much Ilegend for your kind guide on this forum. Many guides might still be required in one way or the way. Thanks

Great move.
Re: Kindle Direct Publishing: How Many Pages Should My Book Be? ANSWERED. by itzzkhaliii(m): 10:51pm On Nov 02, 2019
Davidhero:
Hello iLegendd;

Is it advisable to attach screenshots or images to your ebook, in a situation where you're trying to give a detailed explanation of something.

So far, I noticed the currency you used was GBP. Is there a reason for this? why not $US.
That no 7 though,let me laugh small.
Re: Kindle Direct Publishing: How Many Pages Should My Book Be? ANSWERED. by HONESTY4U: 8:31am On Nov 06, 2019
iLegendd:

Great move.

Good Morning Ilegend. Please can I outsource the writing part of the work. Or is there any site I get can written works. Please what do you advice. Am kind of stocked here because am not really good in writing.
Re: Kindle Direct Publishing: How Many Pages Should My Book Be? ANSWERED. by iLegendd(m): 10:40am On Nov 06, 2019
HONESTY4U:

Good Morning Ilegend. Please can I outsource the writing part of the work. Or is there any site I get can written works. Please what do you advice. Am kind of stocked here because am not really good in writing.

Yes, outsourcing is the way if you don't trust your writing ability.
Re: Kindle Direct Publishing: How Many Pages Should My Book Be? ANSWERED. by HONESTY4U: 8:02pm On Nov 06, 2019
iLegendd:

Yes, outsourcing is the way if you don't trust your writing ability.

Please where can I outsource, any site for or forum pls.
Re: Kindle Direct Publishing: How Many Pages Should My Book Be? ANSWERED. by iLegendd(m): 8:13pm On Nov 06, 2019
HONESTY4U:

Please where can I outsource, any site for or forum pls.

Power on Google or YouTube and search for Top Ghostwriting Companies. There are a lot of them.

Or you may check out Guru.com, Upwork.com, TheUrbanwriters.com, etc.
Re: Kindle Direct Publishing: How Many Pages Should My Book Be? ANSWERED. by HONESTY4U: 9:29am On Nov 07, 2019
iLegendd:

Power on Google or YouTube and search for Top Ghostwriting Companies. There are a lot of them.

Or you may check out Guru.com, Upwork.com, TheUrbanwriters.com, etc.

Thanks Man. I will check it out. I appreciate.
Re: Kindle Direct Publishing: How Many Pages Should My Book Be? ANSWERED. by dracopoetic(m): 5:16pm On Nov 07, 2019
Pls how do I go about in the process of formatting?, do I just upload my book and let kindle take care of the formatting process or do I set the format and which format do I use. Also which software do u use to change format?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Guidelines To Choosing A Private Limited Liability Company In Nigeria / Catfish Hatching Business,and Feed Production,dont Be Told. / Interested In Becoming A Distributor?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.