Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,778 members, 7,820,718 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:10 PM

Kindle Direct Publishing: How Many Pages Should My Book Be? ANSWERED. - Business To Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Business To Business / Kindle Direct Publishing: How Many Pages Should My Book Be? ANSWERED. (7252 Views)

How to boost your amazon kindle publishing KDP sale / Complete Dropshipping Website With Paypal And Social Pages / Setup And Run Your Facebook Ads Campaign For Any Business, Website And Pages (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kindle Direct Publishing: How Many Pages Should My Book Be? ANSWERED. by dracopoetic(m): 5:20pm On Nov 07, 2019
raphemmanuel:
Ilegend we need ur motivation. Please motivate us with ur post. And for those that have started please keep us posted on how u have been progressing. We need to keep the spirit of the hustle alive.

For me I just finished writing my book.
I have started typing it.
I'm doing the typing with my phone.

Ilegend pls which font size is best for the typing.
My paper layout is 5.4inch by 8.5inch, I think I will still adjust it to ur recommended paper layout
Pls bro which app or software are u doing for the typing?
Re: Kindle Direct Publishing: How Many Pages Should My Book Be? ANSWERED. by raphemmanuel(m): 12:29am On Nov 08, 2019
dracopoetic:

Pls bro which app or software are u doing for the typing?
download WPS office from play store. That's what I'm using
Re: Kindle Direct Publishing: How Many Pages Should My Book Be? ANSWERED. by Justnice11: 9:48am On Nov 08, 2019
HONESTY4U:

Thanks Man. I will check it out. I appreciate.
Hi. How can I contact you for an easier option?
Re: Kindle Direct Publishing: How Many Pages Should My Book Be? ANSWERED. by HONESTY4U: 4:29pm On Nov 08, 2019
Justnice11:

Hi. How can I contact you for an easier option?

I have replied your mail.
Re: Kindle Direct Publishing: How Many Pages Should My Book Be? ANSWERED. by iLegendd(m): 8:38pm On Nov 08, 2019
dracopoetic:
Pls how do I go about in the process of formatting?, do I just upload my book and let kindle take care of the formatting process or do I set the format and which format do I use. Also which software do u use to change format?

You need to handle the formating. There are lots of free video guides on YT on how to format an Amazon book in minutes.

Use 5.25 by 8 or 5.5 by 8 or 6 by 9. Choose whichever you prefer.

Change format? I have never changed format before. After formating on Microsoft word, save as PDF and upload. For Kindle, upload the doc file or use a software called Calibre to convert your word document to ePub.

I hope you have a laptop and you're not thinking of formatting with a phone. You can write with a phone, but formating is better with a PC.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kindle Direct Publishing: How Many Pages Should My Book Be? ANSWERED. by Loxleyy(m): 7:32am On Nov 09, 2019
dracopoetic:
Pls how do I go about in the process of formatting?, do I just upload my book and let kindle take care of the formatting process or do I set the format and which format do I use. Also which software do u use to change format?

From the little i know ProWritingAid and Grammarly will do just great But let our boss give a hint
Re: Kindle Direct Publishing: How Many Pages Should My Book Be? ANSWERED. by iLegendd(m): 8:51pm On Nov 09, 2019
Loxleyy:

From the little i know ProWritingAid and Grammarly will do just great But let our boss give a hint

You're right, but those are for proofreading, not formatting.

1 Like

Re: Kindle Direct Publishing: How Many Pages Should My Book Be? ANSWERED. by Justnice11: 9:11am On Nov 15, 2019
Please.. Approximately, 500 KENP reads will translate into how much?
Re: Kindle Direct Publishing: How Many Pages Should My Book Be? ANSWERED. by iLegendd(m): 10:56am On Nov 15, 2019
Justnice11:
Please.. Approximately, 500 KENP reads will translate into how much?

Forget about money and write more quality books.

1 Like

Re: Kindle Direct Publishing: How Many Pages Should My Book Be? ANSWERED. by dracopoetic(m): 7:12pm On Nov 16, 2019
Pls boss,
Between non fiction and fiction categories, which is more cash productive?
Now I am extremely talented in writing fiction stories, but I need to know which category earns more so I would not waste my time in the unproductive category
Re: Kindle Direct Publishing: How Many Pages Should My Book Be? ANSWERED. by balosammy(m): 11:30am On Nov 18, 2019
Boss ilegend

On my kdp report I saw 1 paid unit ordered ebook
But the money did not show at all on the royalties earn box and I saw 38 KENP read .
Re: Kindle Direct Publishing: How Many Pages Should My Book Be? ANSWERED. by iLegendd(m): 12:21pm On Nov 18, 2019
If you want to ask me a question, always quote me, but if it's just a contribution, then you don't need to quote me.

Without quoting me, I may never know.
Re: Kindle Direct Publishing: How Many Pages Should My Book Be? ANSWERED. by iLegendd(m): 12:27pm On Nov 18, 2019
dracopoetic:
Pls boss,
Between non fiction and fiction categories, which is more cash productive?
Now I am extremely talented in writing fiction stories, but I need to know which category earns more so I would not waste my time in the unproductive category

1. Which is more? Both. It all depends on your level or exposure. Stephen King is making millions of dollar as a fiction writer and at the same time, Robert Kiyosaki is also making millions as a nonfiction writer. So, both are great.

What you need is to follow the one that will stand the test of time and that is: nonfiction. Though, fiction do stand the test of time too, so choose one or go into both with different pen names.

2. Both are great, but I'm 99% into nonfiction. I'll go into fiction (mostly hot romance novels) when I'm tired of nonfiction.

The choice is yours.
Re: Kindle Direct Publishing: How Many Pages Should My Book Be? ANSWERED. by iLegendd(m): 12:28pm On Nov 18, 2019
balosammy:
Boss ilegend

On my kdp report I saw 1 paid unit ordered ebook
But the money did not show at all on the royalties earn box and I saw 38 KENP read .

Either it has been refunded or you should be patient. If it hasn't been refunded, the money is somewhere there.
Re: Kindle Direct Publishing: How Many Pages Should My Book Be? ANSWERED. by MrbasHH: 2:54pm On Nov 18, 2019
iLegendd:

Either it has been refunded or you should be patient. If it hasn't been refunded, the money is somewhere there.

Good afternoon boss, please can I publish my B.sc project work on kindle and paperback?
Re: Kindle Direct Publishing: How Many Pages Should My Book Be? ANSWERED. by iLegendd(m): 3:54pm On Nov 18, 2019
MrbasHH:

Good afternoon boss, please can I publish my B.sc project work on kindle and paperback?

You can publish anything as long as you own it and it can't be freely found online.

Publishing is not the problem. The problem is: are people willing to buy such book? This is where keyword research comes into play.

1 Like

Re: Kindle Direct Publishing: How Many Pages Should My Book Be? ANSWERED. by HONESTY4U: 4:04pm On Nov 18, 2019
iLegendd:

You can publish anything as long as you own it and it can't be freely found online.

Publishing is not the problem. The problem is: are people willing to buy such book? This is where keyword research comes into play.

What if I bought and read an interesting story by someone else and I feel that the story is a good one that will sell, can I publish it on KDP, if yes, can I retain the author's name, or give it another pen name?
Re: Kindle Direct Publishing: How Many Pages Should My Book Be? ANSWERED. by MrbasHH: 4:12pm On Nov 18, 2019
iLegendd:

Thanks bro
Re: Kindle Direct Publishing: How Many Pages Should My Book Be? ANSWERED. by iLegendd(m): 5:00pm On Nov 18, 2019
HONESTY4U:

What if I bought and read an interesting story by someone else and I feel that the story is a good one that will sell, can I publish it on KDP, if yes, can I retain the author's name, or give it another pen name?

If it's not yours, AVOID it. Ask the original owner if he wants you to publish it or not. His decision will determine your action. Publishing it without telling him = stealing.
Re: Kindle Direct Publishing: How Many Pages Should My Book Be? ANSWERED. by HONESTY4U: 5:20pm On Nov 18, 2019
iLegendd:

If it's not yours, AVOID it. Ask the original owner if he wants you to publish it or not. His decision will determine your action. Publishing it without telling him = stealing.

Okay thanks
Re: Kindle Direct Publishing: How Many Pages Should My Book Be? ANSWERED. by davidodiba(m): 7:18pm On Feb 08, 2020
OneKinGuy:

In case you still need it, I have one year premium grammarly available. Let me know if you are interested.

Am interested sir. Kudos for all you do. I have published my book, just within 24hours of reading your piece, will be publishing the other one by Monday evening, so many more in the coming week will be published. Nobody told me a thing until I came across your article here on Nairaland..I have authored and launched two books and I have several unpublished titles without this knowledge. Thank you again and again
Re: Kindle Direct Publishing: How Many Pages Should My Book Be? ANSWERED. by davidodiba(m): 8:54pm On Feb 08, 2020
iLegendd:

. Kudos for all you do. I have published my book, just within 24hours of reading your piece, will be publishing the other one by Monday evening, so many more in the coming week will be published. Nobody told me a thing until I came across your article here on Nairaland..I have authored and launched two books and I have several unpublished titles without this knowledge. Thank you again and again
Please, i need to ask you some questions
1. If I write a book and decide not to use my real name, should I register another Amazon account for it?
2. if no, will it affect my payment on payoneer or I would have to open another payoneer account?
Re: Kindle Direct Publishing: How Many Pages Should My Book Be? ANSWERED. by iLegendd(m): 9:03pm On Feb 08, 2020
davidodiba:

. Kudos for all you do. I have published my book, just within 24hours of reading your piece, will be publishing the other one by Monday evening, so many more in the coming week will be published. Nobody told me a thing until I came across your article here on Nairaland..I have authored and launched two books and I have several unpublished titles without this knowledge. Thank you again and again
Please, i need to ask you some questions
1. If I write a book and decide not to use my real name, should I register another Amazon account for it?
2. if no, will it affect my payment on payoneer or I would have to open another payoneer account?

You're welcome.

1. No. You don't need another account. You use one account to publish with different pen names.

2. No, it won't.

Only 1 Amazon and 1 Payoneer account is needed and publish with as many pen names as you wish. At the end of the month, money from all books will arrive in your Payoneer account.
Re: Kindle Direct Publishing: How Many Pages Should My Book Be? ANSWERED. by davidodiba(m): 3:28am On Feb 09, 2020
iLegendd:

You're welcome.

1. No. You don't need another account. You use one account to publish with different pen names.

2. No, it won't.

Only 1 Amazon and 1 Payoneer account is needed and publish with as many pen names as you wish. At the end of the month, money from all books will arrive in your Payoneer account.

God bless and keep you strong and healthy
Re: Kindle Direct Publishing: How Many Pages Should My Book Be? ANSWERED. by teeboy03(m): 12:33pm On Feb 09, 2020
iLegendd:

You're welcome.

2. No, it won't.

hello ILegendd..I am midway through my first book but a bulk of the material is from Google.

Is there a harm in doing that?
Re: Kindle Direct Publishing: How Many Pages Should My Book Be? ANSWERED. by iLegendd(m): 1:42pm On Feb 09, 2020
teeboy03:
hello ILegendd..I am midway through my first book but a bulk of the material is from Google.

Is there a harm in doing that?

Yes.

Amazon doesn't like PLR. If you can rewrite everything in your own words, then great.
Re: Kindle Direct Publishing: How Many Pages Should My Book Be? ANSWERED. by teeboy03(m): 1:50pm On Feb 09, 2020
iLegendd:

Yes.

Amazon doesn't like PLR. If you can rewrite everything in your own words, then great.
Ok. Thanks
Re: Kindle Direct Publishing: How Many Pages Should My Book Be? ANSWERED. by HerrDamilord(m): 5:17pm On Feb 16, 2020
iLegendd:

Yes, outsourcing is the way if you don't trust your writing ability.

Hello boss. I got an issue trying to publish an LCB. Amazon claimed they can't publish it as some other interactive device would be needed by the intended user.

I see LCBs published all the time. I do not get what I'm doing improperly. Infact, I have no idea how to query google for a solution.

Kindly help.
Re: Kindle Direct Publishing: How Many Pages Should My Book Be? ANSWERED. by iLegendd(m): 8:04pm On Feb 16, 2020
HerrDamilord:

Hello boss. I got an issue trying to publish an LCB. Amazon claimed they can't publish it as some other interactive device would be needed by the intended user.

I see LCBs published all the time. I do not get what I'm doing improperly. Infact, I have no idea how to query google for a solution.

Kindly help.

Sorry about what happened. I haven't gotten such a message on an LCB book but have gotten a different type on a real book. They told me what to amend and after I did it, it was successful.

Sadly, in your case, it seems that message is automated, so go to your KDP dashboard, scroll to the bottom and click on Contact Us, then find the appropriate section, click on it and send them a complaint about the issue.

Only do this if you know other people are selling such a book on Amazon without issues. Just explain to them the message you got and what your book is for. At this time, a human will review it.
Re: Kindle Direct Publishing: How Many Pages Should My Book Be? ANSWERED. by HerrDamilord(m): 9:29am On Feb 18, 2020
iLegendd:

Sorry about what happened. I haven't gotten such a message on an LCB book but have gotten a different type on a real book. They told me what to amend and after I did it, it was successful...

I certainly will do this. Thank you boss.
Re: Kindle Direct Publishing: How Many Pages Should My Book Be? ANSWERED. by Blabbermouth: 8:41pm On Feb 26, 2020
iLegendd:
If you want to ask me a question, always quote me, but if it's just a contribution, then you don't need to quote me.

Without quoting me, I may never know.
1. If a book has a low BSR, let's say about #100.
Does it automatically mean the book title is heavily searched on amazon?
Re: Kindle Direct Publishing: How Many Pages Should My Book Be? ANSWERED. by iLegendd(m): 9:12pm On Feb 26, 2020
Blabbermouth:

1. If a book has a low BSR, let's say about #100.
Does it automatically mean the book title is heavily searched on amazon?

Yes, it's not only heavily searched, but heavily bought as well. The cause may be because the author is famous, the book is amazing, or the competition is less while the title is extremely profitable.

Extra info I typed vanished when my browser crashed. No strength to retype.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Send/receive Yuan (¥¥) From Nigeria To China / Buy Bitcoins At The Most Affordable Price / The Right Busines To Put Your Money In Nigeria With Fat Roi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.